Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are the same objects consistently missing textures, or does it vary from load to load? If the same objects are constantly screwed up, disable / re-enable archiveinvalidation in FOMM. Sometimes--especially after installing texture overhauls--archiveinvalidation will fail to redirect every default file, leaving you with a mish-mash of new and old textures. At least it did with my install of NMC's texture pack.

If that doesn't fix it, run the game through a cache integrity check and see if anything went bad recently. And if you're still having problems, I'd consider uninstalling the texture packs and starting over. Install them one by one, checking to see if / when the problem manifests again.

Nope, on a reload the bed and the beam were back to normal. Can't do an integrity check because I have edited the .ini. How do I uninstall individual packs? I just installed them by dragging and dropping the texture and mesh folders into the data directory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Nope, on a reload the bed and the beam were back to normal. Can't do an integrity check because I have edited the .ini. How do I uninstall individual packs? I just installed them by dragging and dropping the texture and mesh folders into the data directory.

You can copy and paste the INI to make a backup, do the integrity check, and then copy the backed up INI back or rename it.

The second thing - you're hosed. Start using Fallout Mod Manager or Wrye Flash to organize and remove mods. It's much easier.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Gyshall posted:

You can copy and paste the INI to make a backup, do the integrity check, and then copy the backed up INI back or rename it.

The second thing - you're hosed. Start using Fallout Mod Manager or Wrye Flash to organize and remove mods. It's much easier.

I use FOMM, just not for texture packs. Oddly enough, I just un-archive invalidated and then re-archive invalidated and it works fine. Oh well!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've noticed an issue with my CaliberX compatibility patch for the Armoury and I've got an easy way to fix it, but it's not very elegant so I'm wondering if someone more familiar with TA could suggest a better solution.

The issue is with the two levelled lists, CondNVServiceRifleLoot and CondNVVarmintRifleLoot. They've got a bunch of extra guns added to them, several of which are varieties of AK which works fine in the basic Armoury since they all use 5.56 ammo, but when modded with CaliberX they don't (AKs use Warsaw Pact ammo 5.45mm or 7.62x39mm).

The easy fix is to just take these extra weapons out of the lists so that nothing is spawned with the wrong kind of ammo, but I like the idea behind their inclusion, i.e. that there will be more variety in basic spawns since a mob that's normally set to spawn with a Varmint rifle might get a salvaged AK-47 or AK-74 instead. I'm not highly familiar with the levelled lists in the Armoury, so is there a better place for me to switch out some values so that these weapons will spawn with the correct ammo types? I can't change WithAmmoNVVarmintRifleLoot since that particular levelled list has no way of knowing which item the CondNVVarmintRifleLoot will actually spawn.

Alternatively, are there any good 5.56 rifles that would be roughly equivalent to a Varmint Rifle/Service Rifle that I could add to the lists instead of the AKs? I'd like to at least preserve the spirit of the changes if I can't preserve the actual items in the lists. A lot of the 5.56 weapons seem like they'd be too powerful as alternatives to Varmint Rifles though (doesn't make a lot of sense to put a fully automatic assault rifle in the same list as a lovely bolt action rifle).

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 27, 2011

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I'm not familiar with how leveled lists work, but can a leveled list contain another leveled list? If so, you could create a list for 5.56 rifles, another for 7.62, and so on, and refer to them in the service rifle and varmint rifle lists.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sam. posted:

I'm not familiar with how leveled lists work, but can a leveled list contain another leveled list? If so, you could create a list for 5.56 rifles, another for 7.62, and so on, and refer to them in the service rifle and varmint rifle lists.

That is essentially how it's set up now; an example for the Varmint Rifle is that the top list (that is, the one that's in the actual Powder Ganger or whoever's drop list) is "WithAmmoNVVarmintRifleLoot", which contains some 5.56 ammo references and the "CondNVVarmintRifleLoot" list, which in vanilla only contains Varmint rifles at various levels or repair, and in the Armoury also contains those AKs I mentioned. So what the game will do is first plop some 5.56 ammo into their inventory from the list, then have the sub-list roll to see which gun to drop into their inventory. The issue is that if I wanted to set it up so that each weapon spawns with the correct ammo type, I'd need to go through every enemy drop list and add "WithAmmoAK47Loot" or whatever, and keep the Varmint Rifle and Service Rifle lists set to only spawn those particular weapons (so the ammo type always matches).

Another issue is that WithAmmoNVVarmintRifleLoot and WithAmmoNVServiceRifleLoot are both used in the vanilla game (since they're both for vanilla weapons - TA didn't create the lists, just modified them), which means they're probably referenced all over the place. A good example is how I stumbled on the problem in the first place; the tutorial quest where Sunny Smiles gives you a Varmint Rifle actually calls "CondNVVarmintRifleLoot" to give you the rifle, and she gave me a couple AKs (since the check specifically looks if you have a Varmint Rifle, she'll keep giving you guns until it rolls one!), but still gave me 5.56 ammo since the quest just gives that to you directly instead of using a levelled list. It took me about 20 minutes to actually find the script where she gives you this stuff because it's an embedded script in one of the conversation barks in the tutorial quest. That specific example would of course be an easy fix now that I know where it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was stuff like that all over. I'd never be able to find all of it.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 27, 2011

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Alternatively, are there any good 5.56 rifles that would be roughly equivalent to a Varmint Rifle/Service Rifle that I could add to the lists instead of the AKs? I'd like to at least preserve the spirit of the changes if I can't preserve the actual items in the lists. A lot of the 5.56 weapons seem like they'd be too powerful as alternatives to Varmint Rifles though (doesn't make a lot of sense to put a fully automatic assault rifle in the same list as a lovely bolt action rifle).

Out of all the options in the list, I think the H&K G41 and the FN FNC are good 5.56mm Service Rifle equivalents. They're both old and muted enough to feel believable in wider distribution.

Too bad the Ruger Mini-14 isn't in the Armory. It'd replace the Varmint Rifle so well as the one-in-every-home gun.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

scamtank posted:

Out of all the options in the list, I think the H&K G41 and the FN FNC are good 5.56mm Service Rifle equivalents. They're both old and muted enough to feel believable in wider distribution.

Too bad the Ruger Mini-14 isn't in the Armory. It'd replace the Varmint Rifle so well as the one-in-every-home gun.

The FNC actually already happened to be one of the guns in the Service Rifle list (I just left it in there since it still works). Thanks for the G41 suggestion. It seems like there really isn't a good equivalent for the Varmint Rifle unfortunately. All the bolt action rifles tend to be sniper rifles using .308/7.62x51mm so it's another ammo type incompatibility.

I've uploaded the patch with the fixed lists here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5CWQU86I

Just overwrite the old esp with this one if you're using it.

One final note: If you make a merge patch, it's going to add the AKs right back into the list, so it's better to make your merge patch WITHOUT including this esp, then just activate this one afterwards (or just manually remove the AKs from the CondNVServiceRifleLoot and CondNVVarmintRifleLoot with FNVEdit in your merge patch if you're comfortable enough with modding to do it).

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

I'm going to go ahead and say I'd be very interested in a mod that makes the gun walls of Lombard Station compatible with all of The Armory's weapons.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

bloodynose posted:

I'm going to go ahead and say I'd be very interested in a mod that makes the gun walls of Lombard Station compatible with all of The Armory's weapons.

YOU would, hell, I'd probably kill to see something like that. Might make the past year's worth of work worthwhile heh.

edit: The ruger I found on FPSbanana is a L4D weapon, which I've had terrible success converting in the past and the ruger from 20th century is a hilarious frankenstein of an M14 and like an M16 or something.

Naky fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 27, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Cheshire Cat posted:

A good example is how I stumbled on the problem in the first place; the tutorial quest where Sunny Smiles gives you a Varmint Rifle actually calls "CondNVVarmintRifleLoot" to give you the rifle, and she gave me a couple AKs (since the check specifically looks if you have a Varmint Rifle, she'll keep giving you guns until it rolls one!), but still gave me 5.56 ammo since the quest just gives that to you directly instead of using a levelled list. It took me about 20 minutes to actually find the script where she gives you this stuff because it's an embedded script in one of the conversation barks in the tutorial quest. That specific example would of course be an easy fix now that I know where it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was stuff like that all over. I'd never be able to find all of it.
The intention of that (and what has happened with only the Armory and LL loaded; not sure if this changes with mods or fixpatches which could probably be the case since some could possibly add checks to see whether you actually got a varmint rifle) was that she randomly gave you either a varmint rifle, a surplus AK, or a salvaged AK, each in inversely proportional rates of fire and accuracy. She does try to force equip a varmint rifle on you, but if you don't have one nothing happens at that point.

Also virtually every NPC up until Primm has a varmint rifle (and couldn't be changed without loving with the NPC or weapon entry itself), even when spawned at their highest level which I found mind boggingly stupid, much like how you can't really change what NCR troopers have without loving with the weapon entry itself.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I'm getting hardlocks at loading screens and crashes to desktop every 10-20 minutes. I should probably mention that I'm fairly retarded when it comes to this whole modding thing. Before I start loving around with disabling stuff does anyone have any suggestions? Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
More Perks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Existence2.0.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
F3NVProjectRealityMkI.esp
mojave music radio expanded v1.1.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp

Total active plugins: 36
Total plugins: 36

I'm also using the large NMC texture pack.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

HelmetCheese posted:

I'm getting hardlocks at loading screens and crashes to desktop every 10-20 minutes. I should probably mention that I'm fairly retarded when it comes to this whole modding thing. Before I start loving around with disabling stuff does anyone have any suggestions? Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
More Perks.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp

Existence2.0.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

I've bolded all of the questionable spots. First things first: You're CTD-ing every 10-20 minutes. You're also using the large NMC texture pack. I'm going to assume you're not using a 3GB / LAA patch for your game, which allows you to use more than 1.8GB of RAM. This is why you're crashing so regularly. It takes a relatively short amount of time to hit your RAM ceiling, especially with the high-resolution texture packs and mods. When the game hits this ceiling, it freaks out and crashes. Give your game more RAM to work with and you should be fine. The NVSE-compatible FNV4GB utility in the OP should do the trick.

Second, I'm fairly sure you shouldn't be using both Project Reality and Nevada Skies. If this is true, conflicting / redundant weather mods are a surefire way to cause CTDs on cell-transitions.

Also, check out your load order. Something about it doesn't seem right, so run it through BOSS and see what it churns out.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

HelmetCheese posted:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
More Perks.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
Existence2.0.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

I don't know if it's related to your crashing issues, but you should pick up the patch that makes Project Nevada compatible with Weapon Mods Expanded. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42363
Also, when you do start disabling things to narrow down the problem (and let's not kid ourselves. You will.), I'd recommend starting with the enhanced shaders. I've never been able to get those to work right.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I downloaded the FNV4GB utility but of course I stupidly forgot to tell the Steam launcher use its executable. After disabling the enhanced shaders mod and using the larger RAM .exe, the game has stopped making GBS threads itself so far. Hooray! Thanks for the advice guys, if the problem does persist I'll look into the other issues mentioned.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Electrocity is infamous in its instability too, BTW, and is also incredibly picky with its load order. Honestly it's not worth using IMO.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Are there any mods that let you create notes on a map marker? For example, "come back with higher lockpicking/science"?

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good character editor. I messed up what attributes I wanted, and I'm past the point where you can change them. The only one I could find was psychoelfs character editor, but I'd rather ask here first to make sure my files don't get screwed up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Naky posted:

Electrocity is infamous in its instability too, BTW, and is also incredibly picky with its load order. Honestly it's not worth using IMO.

I've never had a problem with Electrocity and I've used it (am currently using it) :confused: New vegas! never consistent.

as for an Armory-compatible Lombard, I too would love this since Lombard Station is amazing but you'd have to practically double the weapon wall space. Integrating it into the existing walls would be brutal, but maybe making a new Armory wall and setting it where the two tables are, basically turning the wall from an L-shape to a U-shape might work.

but seriously my weapon and ammo walls with all the DLC looks so badass.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kthegreat posted:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good character editor. I messed up what attributes I wanted, and I'm past the point where you can change them. The only one I could find was psychoelfs character editor, but I'd rather ask here first to make sure my files don't get screwed up.

If you just want to tweak things and have a modicum of self control, get something like the NV Cheat Terminal which works just fine and can let you do what you want.

I'm also pretty sure you could just do some console command poo poo and solve it that way, but the cheat terminal is stable and works fine. I've used it to fiddle with all kinds of stuff.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Psion posted:

I've never had a problem with Electrocity and I've used it (am currently using it) :confused: New vegas! never consistent.

as for an Armory-compatible Lombard, I too would love this since Lombard Station is amazing but you'd have to practically double the weapon wall space. Integrating it into the existing walls would be brutal, but maybe making a new Armory wall and setting it where the two tables are, basically turning the wall from an L-shape to a U-shape might work.

but seriously my weapon and ammo walls with all the DLC looks so badass.

I haven't exactly stayed on top of his development; he may have fixed it for all I know. I just didn't exactly agree with this decision to plunk a bunch of pointless invincible engineers and trailers around the game world.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Psion posted:

I'd settle for it just pulling them from my inventory, even if it doesn't show them on the wall. Although, that of course would be truly bad rear end.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Regarding Lombard - I'm not working on it anymore, I'm waiting on the Skyrim CS to come. I've got a pretty ambitious hideout/area renovation drawn up for it and I can't wait to get started on it :) Anyways,the weapon walls are meant to be very easily expanded. Behind the American flag there is an unused doorway that can be expanded into a secondary armory. Also, if you add the industrial set catwalks(down the far wall) you can effectively increase the length of the armory wall 75%. If you continue to turn the catwalk until you hit the stairs, it becomes a full double sized. I don't know the exact size of the armory, but depending on the weapon size you can usually fit 20-30 weapons per a 2x2 wall block wall.

The scripts are intended to be easily modified to add stuff. The buttons, etc all link up logically(at least to me). They are hidden in a Zone Box if you enable viewing boxes then you can pretty easily see. Drop that box a few 1000 z units and you'll have all the workings of the walls, sorters, etc, at your disposal. It's just a matter of adding new walls, then copy/pasting my original scripts to work with the new walls(with weapon ID's edited in)

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Hey Naky? Think you have a chance to add this to the armory?

http://metro2033.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Automatic_Shotgun :D

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I don't have the source files for it, unless someone else has converted it already for garry's mod or something else. If you can find it, I can take a look at it though a quick look at it from the picture on that wiki shows that it might have some animation quirks.

edit: in the meantime, if you're looking for a retarded machine shotgun 2.5 added a bunch more automatic shotguns like the W-13 and USAS-12, but the holy grail is the M-134 Hailstorm (which was added to the shotgun lists for perks with 2.5 too!)

Naky fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 29, 2011

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I decided to update my mod list after I got Lonesome Road and GRA. This was clearly foolish, as now I can't even get to the title screen before I have a crash to desktop. NVSE, FOMM and all listed mods are the latest versions I could find. Where did I go wrong?

pre:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
Followers-NCR Alliance Fix.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Roleplay Start.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
CCO - CP DM Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB Patch.esp
CCO - FT OWB Patch.esp
CCO - FT HH Patch.esp
CCO - FT DM Patch.esp
CCO - CP LR Patch.esp
CCO - FT LR Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Equipment Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp
CCO - DR DM Patch.esp
CCO - DR HH Patch.esp
CCO - DR OWB Patch.esp
CCO - DR LR Patch.esp
CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
R.A.C.E. Station.esp
RNVExtended [100].esp
SecretStash80.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
add that gun to cowboy perk.esp
BlackMountainRadioEverywhere.esp
better that gun 223.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
T51b-Manual.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Fellout.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
WME - FOOK.esp
WME - that gun 223.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
E: herp derp ignore this it's because I left the Project Nevada patches for CCO on for some unfathomable reason.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
For those of you who have been burnt out on Skyrim and are returning to New Vegas, might I suggest a change of pace for your next character? This mod has been around for a while but I haven't seen much talk about it. It's made by the same guy who did the Robot Race (Smiley Top) and, like that mod, it's really well done. Perks, traits, new mutant-friendly armor and equipment. Might be worth a peek if you're burnt out on "handsome jack of all trades".

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A performance related question: I've noticed for a while now that after playing for a bit there's a significant pause when I loot something while the menu comes up. It doesn't do it when I've just started the game up but it doesn't seem to take very long before it starts happening. Any ideas what might be causing that?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Cheshire Cat posted:

A performance related question: I've noticed for a while now that after playing for a bit there's a significant pause when I loot something while the menu comes up. It doesn't do it when I've just started the game up but it doesn't seem to take very long before it starts happening. Any ideas what might be causing that?
Either these:
-tons of corpses present
-tons of different items in your inventory

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Open the console and type 'pcb' and press enter*. That'll force your cell buffers to purge. See if that makes the interface and menus more responsive.

*Over-using PCB can cause your game to crash.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Can anyone recommend a good, up-to-date reloading mod? I'm not looking for something like Reload in the OP; that's way too esoteric and complex, and all the added stuff will probably mess up FOOK and PN.

Currently I'm using BAN - Reloaded which works fine; but it hasn't been updated in a long while and I could use complete conversion recipes like what this mod (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35321) has so I can cut down on inventory clutter.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

So after about 130 hours in Skyrim I decided to take a break and head back to New Vegas for a while. Spent two-three hours downloading and installing various modpacks (project nevada, project reality, ojo bueno, etc), sorting out the load order and patches, that sort of thing. Fire it up, expecting similar results to the last three or four times I did this (that it would crash and burn, forcing me to r-install and start over) but holy poo poo it works! :dance:

Now for my question: I've always wanted to try the Wasteland Defense/Real Time Settler-type mods, never got it working in F3 or NV, and now I see that neither has been updated in who knows how long. Do either of these work? Is there some way to make them work? They sound really cool and I'd like to try them out.

edit: And no sooner do I post this than my game starts doing the CTD dance again whenever I leave the Nipton town hall. :( Help? Here's my load order.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Detect Traps.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_Urban_Edition.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
NVCE Main.esm
oHUD.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
SCAV.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Readius_NV.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
SierraMadrev2.2.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
NVR-SMOTS-V2-Version_10.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
Continue After End.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp
Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
Detect Traps - DLC.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
christinecos.esp
Glow Sticks.esp
mac10.esp
mossberg500.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
bzArmour.esp
NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
NVWillow.esp
PipLantern.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
More Realistic Aiming.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Mod Loot - 2. Reasonably Rare (WME).esp
Project Nevada - WME.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
ILO-RI-Old World Blues.esp
ILO-RI-Lonesome Road.esp
ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
101Billboards.esp
101Posters.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
bash patch 2.esp

Total active plugins: 95
Total plugins: 101
I'm running NVSE/NV4GB via the launcher in FOMM (pointing at NV4GB) on a 6950 2gb, using Ojo Bueno's HQ textures.

Lord Yod fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 2, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Lord Yod posted:

So after about 130 hours in Skyrim I decided to take a break and head back to New Vegas for a while. Spent two-three hours downloading and installing various modpacks (project nevada, project reality, ojo bueno, etc), sorting out the load order and patches, that sort of thing. Fire it up, expecting similar results to the last three or four times I did this (that it would crash and burn, forcing me to r-install and start over) but holy poo poo it works! :dance:

Now for my question: I've always wanted to try the Wasteland Defense/Real Time Settler-type mods, never got it working in F3 or NV, and now I see that neither has been updated in who knows how long. Do either of these work? Is there some way to make them work? They sound really cool and I'd like to try them out.

edit: And no sooner do I post this than my game starts doing the CTD dance again whenever I leave the Nipton town hall. :( Help? Here's my load order.

I'm running NVSE/NV4GB via the launcher in FOMM (pointing at NV4GB) on a 6950 2gb, using Ojo Bueno's HQ textures.

Shot in the dark here...I see you're using the PipLantern.esp. That's known to cause regular CTDs on cell transitions for some reason.

Justufinhaamu
Nov 12, 2008
I am using the Lombardi station mod and i have ran into a hitch trying to get the key to the place. I went to Jeans-Sky Diving and when i entered a lone powder ganger inside decided to off himself with a stick of dynamite and now the key to the front door is nowhere to be seen anymore.

Anyway to make it spawn again?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Jesus Christ, did the guy who wrote the New Vegas Bounties mods discover Serious Sam between I and II? If every bounty in this one is "enter building, discover note, spawn forty-seven bad guys immediately outside who come charging in at you" this is going to get real boring really quick.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A quick note about Project Reality for those of you that might be using it but experiencing framerate issues: Apparently the depth of field effect can sometimes get stuck on even if you have it disabled - checking and unchecking it again in the configuration menu should turn it off. I was stuttering like crazy until I did that and suddenly noticed a massive framerate improvement.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
This question has probably been answered already somewhere but this thread is huge: What happened to the More Where That Came From radio station addon for New Vegas? The file is gone on the nexus and some cursory googling has yielded me nothing of value. I really am sick to death of hearing "Johnny Guitar"

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does a mod exist to allow for the rebinding of 2?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

dropkickpikachu posted:

This question has probably been answered already somewhere but this thread is huge: What happened to the More Where That Came From radio station addon for New Vegas? The file is gone on the nexus and some cursory googling has yielded me nothing of value. I really am sick to death of hearing "Johnny Guitar"

There's the CONELRAD station, but if anything, those songs are even more annoying than the default ones. (Although hearing a paean to Francis Gary Powers set to the tune of "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" is something you need to experience at least once, and the Civil Defense PSAs by Bob Hope, Fred MacMurray, and Tony Randall and such are just fantastic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

kazmeyer posted:

There's the CONELRAD station, but if anything, those songs are even more annoying than the default ones. (Although hearing a paean to Francis Gary Powers set to the tune of "Glory, Glory Hallelujah" is something you need to experience at least once, and the Civil Defense PSAs by Bob Hope, Fred MacMurray, and Tony Randall and such are just fantastic.)

Yeah I already installed this one and it definitely fits the atmosphere nicely. It seems like both "More where that came from" and the RNV Secret Stash song packs were taken down from the nexus and that sucks. I'm just wondering if there's an easy place to find those.

Could anyone here mirror those? I'm sure some of you still have it on your computers. :)