Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Alteisen posted:

Frank/Nemesis/Sent seems to be working for me, only crucial piece I'm missing is leveling up Frank quickly, any suggestions for this? I know the higher the combo the faster you level when you snap the picture.

Don't listen to me cause I'm just a noob, but I think you'll have to integrate Plasma Storm and/or Hard Drive into your level-up combos somehow. Nemesis and Sentinel are low hit count characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

You'll probably want to figure out a decent length Frank combo that gives you a meter and end it with a THC. Nemesis' rocket hyper lasts awhile and I'm pretty sure some people have used it with Frank to get in two camera shots in one combo.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The Rokstar posted:

Captain America is to this game as Ryu is to Street Fighter, if you're completely new to Marvel games he's pretty good for figuring out how everything works because he's fairly well rounded and plays straightforward-ish.

I'm kind of considering replacing someone on my Morrigan/Nova/Ryu team with him. Maybe dropping Nova as he's a bit execution heavy for a scrub like me?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

You'll probably want to figure out a decent length Frank combo that gives you a meter and end it with a THC. Nemesis' rocket hyper lasts awhile and I'm pretty sure some people have used it with Frank to get in two camera shots in one combo.

This is perfect thank you.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Wolverine's trial 9 is nutty. A character just shouldn't be able to do all of that. :colbert:

His trial 10 is the berserker charge air loop. Whoever made the ultimate trials definitely watched a lot of combo videos between vanilla and ultimate.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Alteisen posted:

Frank/Nemesis/Sent seems to be working for me, only crucial piece I'm missing is leveling up Frank quickly, any suggestions for this? I know the higher the combo the faster you level when you snap the picture.

I'm not a sentinel player but!

You could try DHCing plasma storm into a whiff of his backwards super and then snapping a picture of those hits. Mashed out its quite a few hits, I think.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Marn and Fanatiq in Running Sets, oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxAz7U155A

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Alteisen posted:

This is perfect thank you.

Nemesis's rocket super causes a hard knockdown on the third hit. If you time it right you can get two camera shots easy just before nemesis lands and just after he lands. It can miss a lot though, but not if you start it close to the corner. Frank's combos can go corner to corner though so it's not too big a problem.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Micgael posted:

I'm not a sentinel player but!

You could try DHCing plasma storm into a whiff of his backwards super and then snapping a picture of those hits. Mashed out its quite a few hits, I think.

I can't remember, does plasma storm cause hard knockdown? My concern with that would be that they could tech out of it.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

The Rokstar posted:

I can't remember, does plasma storm cause hard knockdown? My concern with that would be that they could tech out of it.

It does, yes.

E: ER WAIT it might be soft knockdown. But they always go all the way to the floor so you can probably get a photo.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Yeah, that's why nobody gets hit by it twice. Strangely, if you hold up back you block and don't get grabbed, but you never leave the floor, so an anti-air super afterwards won't work.

Is it corner only?

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
This seems to be the game that's reigniting the fighting game crew in my office (previously we playing a lot of the new MK). Currently trying out Deadpool, Taskmaster, Dr Doom but we all need to get used to this kind of game since no one really has experience with team/assist/tag type of games.

VVV this release means there's currently a schism within the once-united games at lunch crew: video games crew and board games crew where the board gamers are sneering at us. First world problems.

Lurchington fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 28, 2011

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Ah, to have a fighting game crew in one's office.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Niddhogg posted:

That is loving amazing.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Niddhogg posted:

Oh dear god... I never knew I wanted this, but I loving want this

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Welp, I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Koogy, for the most part, does really fantastic design work.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So hey I haven't picked up Ultimate yet nor heard or read anything about it whatsoever from either casuals or The Community. What's the general consensus so far? Linear improvement/refinement of Marvel 3? More of the same?

It feels weird posting something like "is this good and how good is it" in this thread but hey, there you go

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Niddhogg posted:

drat it, I wish someone could mod UMvC3 so that when Rocket Racoon uses his rocket skates, it makes the tail wagging sound Mario does in SMB 3 :allears:

bryan - GT broyan
Apr 5, 2009
So I was messing around with She-Hulk in training mode and found out she can link her standing medium after her overhead. Does anyone know if she was able to do this in vanilla Marvel? I used her pretty extensively then and had no idea she could followup her overhead with anything back then.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
So I found out today that Strider/Strange synergy is higher then I thought it was. Strange BnB>Strider assist>Reading Rainbow>Strider hits>Reading Rainbow works...man I have no idea who to point on point now both Strider and Strange love each others assists and now I can actually get a bit of damage with Strider. It's like firebrand though the combo lasts forever and does like 600k...it is meter less though.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
gently caress you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBRxjAgtg8

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So hey I haven't picked up Ultimate yet nor heard or read anything about it whatsoever from either casuals or The Community. What's the general consensus so far? Linear improvement/refinement of Marvel 3? More of the same?

It feels weird posting something like "is this good and how good is it" in this thread but hey, there you go

"Linear improvement/refinement of Marvel 3" pretty much sums it up perfectly. Other's thoughts?

Dr Slouch
May 8, 2008
I'd call it that too, but then again I primarily play Ryu and Dormammu so my opinion might be biased because they gave them tons of awesome new stuff (also, Firebrand was one of the characters I hoped for the most to be put in, along with Dr. Strange).

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The KoRn Identity posted:

gently caress you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBRxjAgtg8

That's nice until you try it on somebody who, you know, knows how to tech.

Personally, I'm always holding the stick in a direction to either block dropped combos or tech behind the opponent. You never know when you'll get reset.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

That's nice until you try it on somebody who, you know, knows how to tech.

Personally, I'm always holding the stick in a direction to either block dropped combos or tech behind the opponent. You never know when you'll get reset.

wavedash a back tech and airthrow a forward

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
There are some pretty wonky balance decisions that I'm hoping to see worked out in a future patch (buffing Wesker and Spencer seems pretty loving bizarre to me).

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I've got a great reset too it's called "kill them in one combo" here let me show you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED6qZK2lVII&feature=youtu.be

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The biggest and greatest change, in my most humble and scrubby of opinions, is the removal of the DHC glitch. Ya, I still lose a character fast, but that's only against good players that don't drop combos and have solid grasps of the game (especially online). Now when a random player spams unpredictable sentinel armored attacks, I can be reasonably sure my full health character isn't flat out dead.

It lets me be more brave in my actions, because instead of loving up once and game over, I can gently caress up twice (and then game over).

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Brosnan posted:

There are some pretty wonky balance decisions that I'm hoping to see worked out in a future patch (buffing Wesker and Spencer seems pretty loving bizarre to me).

I have a feeling they got buffed soley for fluffy reasons. Wesker is a bad rear end, when he takes off his glasses he means business! Code that in!

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Fereydun posted:

I've got a great reset too it's called "kill them in one combo" here let me show you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED6qZK2lVII&feature=youtu.be

gently caress Taskmaster.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

I made a quick video showing the gimlet thing, and that video is this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXv7fUjW1o

Finally a way for my Nemesis level 3 to work! Although my Nemesis is point so I'll have to work some way into that. Good to know though heh.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brosnan posted:

And nerfing Jill(a character nobody uses).

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

Niddhogg posted:

gently caress Taskmaster.

Yep.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

She hulk went from top 5-10 to bottom 5.

But no, keep complaining about the things you're complaining about.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Alteisen posted:

And nerfing Jill(a character nobody uses).

She honestly feels a bit better and faster when I played her, despite them listing only nerfs, but not having the DHC glitch ruined the way I did damage with her.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
5 minutes ago from Maximilian: "New video uploading now. You guys aren't going to believe what I found on the Xbox version of UMVC3..."

bryan - GT broyan posted:

So I was messing around with She-Hulk in training mode and found out she can link her standing medium after her overhead. Does anyone know if she was able to do this in vanilla Marvel? I used her pretty extensively then and had no idea she could followup her overhead with anything back then.
I know you could follow up with it even back in vanilla, but I forget if it was s. M or if that's new.
On the topic of She-Hulk yeah I can't believe she got nerfed so bad.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
FlashMetroid is playing MODOK on point, and has apparently made him a permanent team member. It's a pretty beautiful thing to watch. He's on now.

http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

iPodschun posted:

5 minutes ago from Maximilian: "New video uploading now. You guys aren't going to believe what I found on the Xbox version of UMVC3..."
I know you could follow up with it even back in vanilla, but I forget if it was s. M or if that's new.
On the topic of She-Hulk yeah I can't believe she got nerfed so bad.

It was crouching L. And if Tron hadn't gotten nerfed I'd have called what was done to She-Hulk the dumbest set of balance changes ever.

• Locked thread