Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I am growing increasingly concerned that tipsyGnostalgic and terminallyCapricious will have some disturbing things in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RuanGacho posted:

I am growing increasingly concerned that tipsyGnostalgic and terminallyCapricious will have some disturbing things in common.

When trolls have sopor withdrawal, they get murderous, insane, and crazy strong, but when humans get alcohol withdrawal we just get nauseous and have seizures. :v:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
exsexily *wonk*

I can't help but hear these typos spoken, and that one is the best one.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Now what I want to know is what exactly this means:

quote:

TG: jane never believed my crap
TG: never any of my warnings about the baroness
TG: didnt believe any of the stuff about my mom
TG: and so on and so on and soon

Post-scratch Rose isn't in very good company here...

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Random guess, but does anyone think with all her silicon pickpocketry, Lalonde may have accessed Rose's GameFAQ from the server on the outer ring? She seems to know a lot about the game and there was something Jane didn't believe about her mom. The latter could just be about the mindgame alcohol and other passive aggressive feuds of course.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

quote: posted:

TG: you are all thinktyping at me right now while wearing something rudiculous
TG: * RUDEdiculous (hi five 2 self)

kidMom just keeps getting better and better.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's pretty funny that the B2 kids have their situation reversed and need to use more primitive computers to run the game. Also: think-based chat confirmed. We've seen typing and voice-control, but I think this is the first time we knew for sure people were just thinking the words they wanted in chat.

pumpinglemma posted:

Now what I want to know is what exactly this means:

Post-scratch Rose isn't in very good company here...

It could be, as cb just mentioned, that she knows something about B1-Rose.

But the simpler explanation is that she's talking about her belief that B2-Rose is passive-aggressively trying to get her daughter to drink, as she mentioned to Jane.

Hyedum posted:

Is this supposed to be more subtle hinting at Bro's sexuality? Because if it is, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Kanaya is a homosexual, and it wasn't an issue. I think Hussie can handle it with the necessary nuance.

It's interesting that, being 15 rather than 13, the B2 kids seem a lot more occupied with relationships than the B1 kids were.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I think it's funny how, for all her warnings to Jane about the influences of the batterwitch, Lalonde uses a fair amount of troll slang.

Makes me wonder just how free of Crocker's influence Lalonde really is. She's pretty much resigned to playing the game despite knowing that it's what the "genocidal alien overlard" wants. It reminds me pretty strongly of Doc Scratch's own manipulations, setting the stage so that people do what he wants them to do, even as they express unwillingness or distrust. The Condesce seems to be continuing that legacy.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Factory Factory posted:

exsexily *wonk*

Calling it now, Mom Lalonde writes SBaHJ in this universe, only unironically, and drunk.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Calling it now, Mom Lalonde writes SBaHJ in this universe, only unironically, and drunk.

Tragically, Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are already super-popular in this universe as evidenced by the movie poster, so this is unlikely.

I'm kind of amused that apparently three of A2 kids are entangled with Jake in some way. My guess with Bro though is that he's operating on such a high irony level that nobody can honestly tell if he's sincere or not.

I actually kind of bought Bro's irony act in the last universe. Not that he was operating on what Dave called "level one irony", but that there were so many irony levels on top of each other that the end result is you honestly can't tell what is meant any more. The auto-responder gave those vibes really strongly. Does Bro have some interest in Jake? No clue, but the uncertainty about it is akin to performance art.

The dynamics are really different with this bunch and it's really interesting to see that about them. They're their own kids while also sort of telling us more about the original four in their own way, by contrast.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Mom Lalonde is the absolute best thing to happen to this webcomic, she's just so drat entertaining.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
That giant FAUNA in the background looks even more like Karkat's lusus when seen closer. It's got pretty much the same head, but has longer spines on its back and a tail.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Jake's laptop is called a HUSKTOP. Hmmm.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo :psyduck:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The troll slang is probably just that -- slang. BCCORP seems to be a much bigger influence on the world in this iteration of the Earth universe, and if indeed the Condense is the Batterwitch, it stands to reason that trollish vernacular may be more common.

Also, wild animal lusii.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

HappyKitty posted:

Everyone outside of Canada was blissfully unaware of this ad, why are you sharing it :stonk:

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

HappyKitty posted:

From the head up she looks like a recolored Arthur with bad hair. What the helling gently caress.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I was having a pretty good day until you posted that. Thanks jerk.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

TG: i am like
TG: AT PEACE with that reality fromerly known as a raw fuckin deal for what avenues it closes betewen u and i that bein your bffsy has got to mean but yeah
GT: Wait what?

Poor teenMom, she's so sure that she's getting friendzoned, and Jake is so oblivious. That said, she's still hilarious.

Glory of Arioch posted:

The troll slang is probably just that -- slang. BCCORP seems to be a much bigger influence on the world in this iteration of the Earth universe, and if indeed the Condense is the Batterwitch, it stands to reason that trollish vernacular may be more common.

Also, wild animal lusii.

This is pretty much my theory on the matter.

Fortis posted:

Jake's laptop is called a HUSKTOP. Hmmm.

Considering that we just saw he has a Husktop a few updates ago, not too surprising.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HappyKitty posted:

Ah yes, terrifying fauna.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

HappyKitty posted:

I am saddened by that ad's regrettable REALNESS ATTRIBUTE

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

creationist believer posted:

Everyone outside of Canada was blissfully unaware of this ad, why are you sharing it :stonk:

I've never been more ashamed to be Canadian.

EDIT: Also, I've just been going through the archives again, and I noticed this line by Scratch about Gl'bgolyb:

quote:

I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does.

What did B2's first guardian give to Earth? :ohdear:

HappyKitty fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 29, 2011

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

HappyKitty posted:

What did B2's first guardian give to Earth? :ohdear:

Betty Crocker.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Nice Nic Cage reference.
I'm a prinkly pear!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Mom Lalonde hinting REALLY REALLY hard that Betty Crocker is fef's ancestor :gonk:.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 29, 2011

KoB
May 1, 2009
Crabdad!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dizz posted:

Mom Lalonde hinting REALLY REALLY hard that Betty Crocker is fef's ancestor :gonk:.

I thought that was already plainly obvious to everyone. Not even just in this act.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
If the meteors landed in both B1 and B2, then I guess maybe the Condesce landed in both B1 and B2 as well, right? I mean, this might be obvious to some people, but it kinda only dawned on me now.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Crabdad! Crabdad! We love you!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

All I can say is that I'm SUPER excited for the upcoming strife!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

HappyKitty posted:

What the hell does it look like, a pregnancy fetish furry comic you dolt

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Okay, let me rephrase that

WHY THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I don't think I can take another death so soon.

Jake, you best not hurt Crabdad.

Although, this crabdad is way, way bigger than Karkat's - if you look at when Karkat and his lusus are about to strife, and now, Crabdad is only maybe twice or three times as big as Karkat, and this guy is towering over Jake.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Here's a prediction:

D E A D

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

marsattacks posted:

I don't think I can take another death so soon.

Jake, you best not hurt Crabdad.

Although, this crabdad is way, way bigger than Karkat's - if you look at when Karkat and his lusus are about to strife, and now, Crabdad is only maybe twice or three times as big as Karkat, and this guy is towering over Jake.

Could be that trolls are also significantly larger than humans.

Or maybe I'm stupid. :downs:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Crabdad is the same size. It's the trolls that are huge.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

marsattacks posted:

I guess that's what happens when you introduce nonindigenous FAUNA into the wilderness.

Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009
The Trolls are the same size as humans. They match up when compared to Jack. Also I remember Hussie posting "no i'm not going to do that" about huge/tiny trolls at some point anyway

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

President Ark posted:

Could be that trolls are also significantly larger than humans.

Or maybe I'm stupid. :downs:

why were they shown the same size as kids in dream bubbles?
Aradia was also normal-sized, compared to the frog temple, sburb disc, etc.
we have points of references, you guuuuyyyys :spergin:
it's more likely that crab monsters, much like pumpkins, grow big and prosper well in the post-scratch world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Crabdad is the same size. It's the trolls that are huge.

And how do you explain the Crosbytop being perfectly proportioned for Aradia and John? Some kind of infinitesimalator or monstrositifier? There's no precedent for weird poo poo like that in this comic.