Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
Package-heavy day today (mostly things I ordered myself), but by far the most exciting thing I got was this parcel from GonzoRonin:

The card combines two of my favorite things: bourbon and sheep! The comic book is wonderfully terrible as well, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Shawna "Tendai" Browning
PO Box 131
Angel Fire, NM 87710
USA

I will be sending cards out as soon as they get here from Amazon :neckbeard: I love this time of year on SA.

Yarbo
Jun 5, 2005
goon christmas cards are hilarious and we had a lot of fun sending them out and getting them. We find all sorts of crap to stuff in there.

Yarbo & Li'l Red
202-1114 Howie Ave.
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
V3J 1V1

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I never get mail and don't have very many friends, so getting Christmas cards from goons is one of the few things I do have. :unsmith:

I'm headed to Costco later today to buy stamps (I don't fool around) and I'll be mailing out some cards myself.

Jeremiah C.
8303 Valley Ave
Juneau, AK 99801

frontyardninja
Nov 5, 2005

Jessica
1910 W 1st St, Apt 7
Ankeny, IA 50023
USA

Last year and the summer before I was pretty active with goon mail, not so much this year but there are a few leftover boxes from clearance sales in a closet somewhere. I don't have many friends and my family are poop-faces. So maybe someone ~lucky~ will get halloween stickers and cat fur in the mail.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm sneezing already, just thinking of all the lovely cat fur!

I sent out a few cards last week, and bought more stamps. So far 20 lucky(?) US goons will be getting something, and 10 international goons! I actually have to buy more cards now.. :ohdearsass:

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Drei, thank you so much for the Daiso(?) gifts! Expect a reply on equally crazy Japanese stationary soon. :D

Vicarious Creation
Nov 28, 2011

Stairs are like sex. Up and down all the time and at the end, you're all worn out.
Downloaded the list, starting to get ready. Here is a taste of what's to come.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Well I'm ready, got a bunch of vintage and reprinted-vintage cards, and a few uncomfortably religious ones. Yeah!

REDACTED

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 17, 2013

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Over the last week I've gotten so much amazing goonmail! Big Hustle, Rufus En Fuego, Team Lunch, Seakindlienss, Keetron, and Unexpected Road you all rock my world. Replies and goodies are being crafted and will slowly begin to trickle out soon.

Marilyn Monroe
Dec 16, 2003

It's me, remember?
The tomato from upstairs.

Marilyn Monroe fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 12, 2011

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

13Pandora13 posted:

Over the last week I've gotten so much amazing goonmail! Big Hustle, Rufus En Fuego, Team Lunch, Seakindlienss, Keetron, and Unexpected Road you all rock my world. Replies and goodies are being crafted and will slowly begin to trickle out soon.

Yay! I wondered what happened to you. I think I read a while back that you were moving, and I was worried that my package missed you. Glad to know it arrived safe!

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Alright, first batch sent out!

6 lucky international goons and 8 Canadian will soon be the lucky recipients of....

the cheesiest christmas cards I could find.

SHSrunner09
May 27, 2004
Polish Power
Just got my first holiday card from partyhat

She wrote a lovely paragraph for our daughter stating how she shouldn't be afraid of Santa and gave us a Santa Silly Band. :3:
Thanks!

I'm currently scrounging up some change to send out a few more. This is kind of addicting.

immoral_wombat
Aug 18, 2010
I'm game too!

Lord Wombat
3 Meadow Way
Lanchester
Co. Durham
DH7 0QB
England

I'll send you guys weird doodley things back.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

SHSrunner09 posted:

Just got my first holiday card from partyhat

She wrote a lovely paragraph for our daughter stating how she shouldn't be afraid of Santa and gave us a Santa Silly Band. :3:
Thanks!

I'm currently scrounging up some change to send out a few more. This is kind of addicting.

Yay! It's so exciting to see people getting my cards. :3:

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.
I would love some Christmas cheer :) would anyone in the US fancy doing a candy exchange? I done one a couple of years back and it was amazing!

Dominique M
13 Glenhuntly Road
Port Glasgow
Inverclyde
Scotland
PA14 5LA

Bengy
Jan 3, 2011
Bijan A
3100 Saint Paul Street Apt. 106
Baltimore, MD 21218
USA

I'm down to do a candy exchange tiddlez. I'll PM you and we can work out what kind of candies to exchange!

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

tiddlez posted:

I would love some Christmas cheer :) would anyone in the US fancy doing a candy exchange? I done one a couple of years back and it was amazing!

Dominique M
13 Glenhuntly Road
Port Glasgow
Inverclyde
Scotland
PA14 5LA

I'd be down with that, too. My grandparents did a tour of Scotland and brought me back some weird little pepperminty/toffee snails in a tin. I think I ate them all in one sitting.

In exchange you shall receive weird Mexican candy, and possibly lollipops with scorpions in them.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I've never participated in this before. I'm looking forward to sending and receiving some weird stuff!

Todd W.
2103 S. 9th St. Apt. 2
Omaha, NE 68108
USA

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to do a candy exchange if anyone is interested in the wild world of Japanese candy that isn't Pocky! (or Pocky, if that's your thing.)

I sent out a bunch of Christmas cards, and now I'm writing a poignant love story across the back of a bunch of post cards that will be sent all over the world. Goon mail is the best!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Bushwhacked posted:

Thanks to Niemat for the wonderfully informative pamphlet/coloring book about Nebraska! I wasn't expecting so much effort to be put into it. :haw: I especially enjoyed the blizzard chapter.

Little late on my part, but glad to hear it!! :D

In other news, guess who just got Christmas cards so cheap, the envelopes don't even seal right? :smug: And now guess who's getting those cards in the mail... Terrible Christmas card season has officially opened.

tehlad
Mar 11, 2008

Just another day on the job
I've been meaning to sign up for this and finally getting around to it.
My girlfriend is so excited to make cards too! Things to expect: Hand-made cards, STICKERS!, cool drawings(not cool drawings), and lots of holiday cheer!

Luis D. and Lillian R.
3113 Meadow Ridge Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
USA

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey, I've been having a pretty poo poo past few months, I really would appreciate being a part of this.

Alexander Griffin
4313 Center Key Road Apt. 2628
Winter Park, FL 32792
USA

It can be video game related, goon related, NWS, anything. I'll have to think of something special to send out.

Edit: I'm a major Halo / Star Wars fanboy.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 30, 2011

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

tiddlez posted:

Dominique M
13 Glenhuntly Road
Port Glasgow
Inverclyde
Scotland
PA14 5LA

My boyfriend is Scottish, and so giving him Scottish candy for his birthday in January would be awesome. I am so down with this.

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.

Bengy posted:

Bijan A
3100 Saint Paul Street Apt. 106
Baltimore, MD 21218
USA

I'm down to do a candy exchange tiddlez. I'll PM you and we can work out what kind of candies to exchange!

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I'd be down with that, too. My grandparents did a tour of Scotland and brought me back some weird little pepperminty/toffee snails in a tin. I think I ate them all in one sitting.

In exchange you shall receive weird Mexican candy, and possibly lollipops with scorpions in them.

Unexpected Road posted:

My boyfriend is Scottish, and so giving him Scottish candy for his birthday in January would be awesome. I am so down with this.

I've PM'd Bengy back already, but this is awesome. I can't do all three at once, but if you guys don't mind me sending it out to you in a couple weeks time that would be awesome. I'll start with Bengy since he replied first. How does that sound?

Unexpected Road, is there anything in particular you'd like to request? Or shall I just go with what I consider to be Scottish candy?

I am excited!

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
I got my first Christmas card yesterday! I was so excited and didn't even have my shoes off after work and I was ripping into the card. Thanks Party Hat! I would love to have a Nicole party! Cards will be made this weekend and sent on Monday!

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Yay, got my first card from TheNinjaScotsman :) thank you so much for the sweet message (and for including my boyfriend, hee hee)!

I sent out my first cards the other night, and I'll be sending more tonight. So excited!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

tiddlez posted:

I've PM'd Bengy back already, but this is awesome. I can't do all three at once, but if you guys don't mind me sending it out to you in a couple weeks time that would be awesome. I'll start with Bengy since he replied first. How does that sound?

Unexpected Road, is there anything in particular you'd like to request? Or shall I just go with what I consider to be Scottish candy?

I am excited!

Anything that's extremely Scottish. Take your time with the exchange; it'll give me time to see what kind of candy he misses from Scotland.

What would you like in return? I have access to American candies (obviously) as well as German candy.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Mailed out a couple of things today. Also got some stupid looking Kansas themed postcards, so some of you will probably be getting some of those in the mail shortly. They're not very Christmassy, maybe I'll draw Santa hats on the tornados.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

tiddlez posted:

I am an incredibly patient person, so whenever you get the time/inclination is just fine by me. Also, by no means limit yourself to those snail things. I lurve me some weird, weird poo poo. I'll be hitting up a mercado by the weekend, so expect to see something within the next couple of weeks.

Cards went in the mail this afternoon! I chose my recipients completely at random, and strangely, most of them either didn't want NWS or didn't specify whether or not it was okay, so I played it safe and cutesy. I had a really fun and gross idea I wanted to implement, so if anyone here would like to be visually assaulted by their holiday cheer, let me know. I would love for at least one person to share my creative joy.

Apathy Inspired
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I am awake, Thank you for asking.
I loved this last year and hope I am not too late.

Apathy Inspired

776 Sunnypoint Drive
Newmarket Ontario
L3Y 3A2
Canada

I will send out my cards to random goons this week!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Famine Poodle! I got your card! And the pirate booty, and the moustache, dinosaur stickers and the sparkler and such! Thank you!

Also, though this is by no means an extensive list, I sent out my cards today...ironically, Momma Valet paid for the postage for them. It came to $18 or someodd.

So! Off the top of my head, here are the people who should expect mail from me! Though! Like I said, I don't remember all of the peoples, so some people will be getting surprise mail!

Cardboard Robot
Lamb
Team Lunch
Hypothetical McGee
When Worlds Collide
Caramel Bread
NonPromQueen
Vixenella and Alkaphanel
Smenkhara

...AND MORE!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Found a box of Christmas Cards underneath my bed. Get ready, 10 or so (un)lucky goons; I'm throwing these in the mail tonight!

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Thanks to lamb for the envelope full of awesome! I have a couple cards for goons that I've had sitting around already sealed and ready to go, but I consistently forget to put them in my mailbox every day because I'm an idiot. :downs: So some of you will receive late "Happy Thanksgiving" cards!

Walrus Truck
Nov 6, 2010

HOLY CATS! Thank you Mizufusion and Psykoguy for the lovely "generic holiday sentiment!" I honestly never expected to get anything in return. This was a wonderful surprise! I happened to be babysitting today, so I was able to share some of the stickers with a 3-year old who was very much thrilled. I also asked him what the paper crane's name was and he said to call it George. :3:

This thread makes me want to get a P.O. box more than ever now. Goon mail is the best mail.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I am working down Lamb's list and send out another 10 cards this morning. Currently BigHustle is on top of the list and I have another 30 cards and stamps in stock. If you posted on or before page 7, you can count on a card.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I have 5 cards ready to mail out and a few more that I'm getting ready to send out, but I wanted to apologize in advance for my lovely handwriting. It's pretty awful. I'm 23 years old and my handwriting makes me look like I'm 10.

tiddlez
Nov 25, 2006

Nice shirt, Gaywad.

Unexpected Road posted:

Anything that's extremely Scottish. Take your time with the exchange; it'll give me time to see what kind of candy he misses from Scotland.

What would you like in return? I have access to American candies (obviously) as well as German candy.

Ok sounds good. I am totally craving some Nerds, as I can't get enough of them. I already asked Bengy for some, but seriously they are my favourite thing and you just can't get them over here. Other than that I'd be happy with anything! Will let you know when I am going to be getting your package ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Walrus Truck posted:

HOLY CATS! Thank you Mizufusion and Psykoguy for the lovely "generic holiday sentiment!" I honestly never expected to get anything in return. This was a wonderful surprise! I happened to be babysitting today, so I was able to share some of the stickers with a 3-year old who was very much thrilled. I also asked him what the paper crane's name was and he said to call it George. :3:

This thread makes me want to get a P.O. box more than ever now. Goon mail is the best mail.

Yay! :neckbeard:

I try to write back to everyone, but I am a horrible forgetful procrastinator sometimes (all the time).