Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdhAZ7E6GA

So yeah...

Is this actually real or is Maximillian just bsing?

I'm erring on the side of him trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Chipp Zanuff posted:

So yeah...

Really dude?

It's sad, I would pay actual money for this.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Chipp Zanuff posted:

So yeah...

This is clearly the best Troll ever.

Much like The Rokstar, I'd buy the gently caress out of this.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Chipp Zanuff posted:

So yeah...

That's Doom from Assist Me. :ssh:

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
I would enjoy Voice Pack DLC too.

I'd want this as one such thing, because I find it wonderful. Deadpool referencing it is not enough for me.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ImperialGuard posted:

I would enjoy Voice Pack DLC too.

I'd want this as one such thing, because I find it wonderful. Deadpool referencing it is not enough for me.

So, something like this then?

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

Krad posted:

So, something like this then?
It's a good start.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
E: Never mind, that video got really bad after like 2 seconds.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I finally got around to messing with Zero's lightning cancel / double lightning today. God drat that poo poo is awesome. It's like a full-screen stealth projectile that I get for free, cause I was gonna fire the buster anyway.

Also shuffled my team a little today. I'm pretty set on Zero/Wesker for now, but I'm trying a few thirds. Vergil was OK in the third slot but I wanted a better assist. I tried Doom; the assist is great but I don't think I like playing him on point/anchor. Drones make everything better when you're zipping around with Zero, so for now I'm trying out Sent in that third slot.

a shiny rock fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 29, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Parallax Scroll posted:

I finally got around to messing with Zero's lightning cancel / double lightning today. God drat that poo poo is awesome. It's like a full-screen stealth projectile that I get for free, cause I was gonna fire the buster anyway.

Also shuffled my team a little today. I'm pretty set on Zero/Wesker for now, but I'm trying a few thirds. Vergil was OK in the third slot but I wanted a better assist. I tried Doom; the assist is great but I don't think I like playing him on point/anchor. Drones make everything better when you're zipping around with Zero, so for now I'm trying out Sent in that third slot.

Wouldn't Wesker be better on anchor since his no-sunglasses powerup makes him X-factor level 4?

Just curious too. Work-related circumstances have stopped me from being unable to play this game till Spring now. How effective is Hienkyaku M - Buster cancel? I know Zero can't really follow it up with anything by himself but with proper assists it might make for some deadly crossups, at least in my head. Has anyone tried it out?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nearly 800k and half a meter for a 1 meter dr strange bnb.

Is this fucker supposed to be fair?

M H 6H 214M 214M 214H 6H 623L jM jM jH j6H jM jM jH j6H jM jM jH j6H (delay this next part to catch them as close to the ground as possible) H 6H S jM jM jH j6H (delay this a little bit so it hits) jS (do this as soon as you hit the ground) 236M (do this as soon as the discs actually appear) 236PP mash.

798,000, leaves you at about +70% meter.

WTF at this character.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 29, 2011

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Wouldn't Wesker be better on anchor since his no-sunglasses powerup makes him X-factor level 4?

Just curious too. Work-related circumstances have stopped me from being unable to play this game till Spring now. How effective is Hienkyaku M - Buster cancel? I know Zero can't really follow it up with anything by himself but with proper assists it might make for some deadly crossups, at least in my head. Has anyone tried it out?

Yeah, Wesker can also go third. I prefer using him with an assist, but Sentinel doesn't help Wesker as much as Doom does. I could maybe do Zero/Sent/Wesker and gain access to Zero->Sent DHC.

I haven't really tried cancelling Hienkyaku into Buster yet, but that could be an option to explore.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Ha ha Frank's anti-air grab will autocorrect for you if you do in a very generous time frame. No matter what way you tech he can catch you with his resets.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
tasks swing buff is really really good

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why does nobody use Magneto's counter special? I see people using Wesker's and Ammy's occassionally but I didn't even realise mags had one until I watched his trailer again.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

AXE COP posted:

Why does nobody use Magneto's counter special? I see people using Wesker's and Ammy's occassionally but I didn't even realise mags had one until I watched his trailer again.

It sucks.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
So I've decided on a team of Nemesis/Sentinel/and ? so far, mostly because my combo execution is pretty bad after spending time away from MvC. Who's a good person to fill the 3rd spot (especially as an assist?). I'll trying to keep Nemesis on point, and Sentinel as anchor for obvious reasons.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
For every question of "who should be the third member of my rad team" the answer is always Doom.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Cinroth posted:

For every question of "who should be the third member of my rad team" the answer is always Doom.

Here's a question: I've been slowly learning stick recently and I find out that whenever I start the beginning of foot dive Fwd+H most of the time it's the laser that comes out.

What am I doing wrong? I tried both holding the stick forward and flicking it. It's the only thing that's really keeping me from Doom right now.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Here's my problem with Doom:

Skrull with Doom missiles is really good.

However, Skrull on anchor instead of Doom is just as good if not gooder!

I am so torn between my two loves.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Thundercracker posted:

Here's a question: I've been slowly learning stick recently and I find out that whenever I start the beginning of foot dive Fwd+H most of the time it's the laser that comes out.

What am I doing wrong? I tried both holding the stick forward and flicking it. It's the only thing that's really keeping me from Doom right now.

Just do forward c. That's just a command normal, it shouldn't be hard to execute at all. Although, maybe your stick is just defective.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercracker posted:

So I've decided on a team of Nemesis/Sentinel/and ? so far, mostly because my combo execution is pretty bad after spending time away from MvC. Who's a good person to fill the 3rd spot (especially as an assist?). I'll trying to keep Nemesis on point, and Sentinel as anchor for obvious reasons.

I'm using Sent/Nem/Frank and they work really well together, even their hypers can match up for a nice 1,100,000 damage combo. They have good synergy and sent drones is immensely useful to get in.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
So am I right that the simplest Doom loop is: Footdive, footdive, st.C,launcher,Footdive, footdive, st.C,launcher,Footdive, footdive, air-plasma beam, into Hyper Finger-lasers?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

The KoRn Identity posted:

gently caress you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsBRxjAgtg8

That's pretty worthless when IF can already do a 900k BnB. The reset looks like it can be back teched out of 100% of the time. The only time the reset might be troublesome is in the corner where you can't back tech, but Iron Fist can't cross under either so his only option is an airthrow.

Thundercracker posted:

&&

Pick Hulk with the anti-air assist that way you don't have to change your gameplan away from being slow and spamming armored moves.

For your doom problem, turn on input display in training mode. You are hitting H before you hit fwd. The only answer to this problem is to concentrate, do the combo deliberately, and don't let yourself get rushed because of the excitement of the match or because you really want to hit the combo or whatever. You must focus.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Nova's airdash down after Rocket Punch A in the air is really wierd to connect. Anybody have advice?

I'm trying:

launcher, C, fly, C, unfly, C, land, st. S, C xx 214A, dash down, C, st. S, j. C xx Super

but that "C xx 214A, dash down, C" is just too drat hard >.<

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Desk is back http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=id9AYmvYEzg

featuring:
  • Giant servbots in front of character models
  • 900k no meter Nova combo
  • Galactus 100% combos
  • Firebrand lvl 3 infinite (while the helper is out)
  • Magneto combos performed with the characters backwards and silhouetted
  • The Skrull tenderizer loop combined with a glitch that cuts game speed by at least 50%
  • More Wolverine swiss cheese infinite
  • Intricate Hawkeye/Sent/Doom and Iron Fist/Magento combos
  • Rocket Raccoon combo with two level 3's
  • Strider kidnapping Morrigan
  • Frank West taking a picture of you and running you over with a shopping cart

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Elephunk posted:

Nova's airdash down after Rocket Punch A in the air is really wierd to connect. Anybody have advice?

I'm trying:

launcher, C, fly, C, unfly, C, land, st. S, C xx 214A, dash down, C, st. S, j. C xx Super

but that "C xx 214A, dash down, C" is just too drat hard >.<

First, I use down down to do my air dash downs with nova, instead of using down+two attacks, it just seems to work better for me.

Second, wait until you've seen the enemy fall past nova before you input the air dash, and delay your jH as long as you can, you want to catch them with it JUST before you or they hit the ground.

Also, 214L can only be followed up (on most characters) in the corner.

Other than that it's just practice, but when I switched to down down instead of down + two attacks it got about a million times easier. So did Nova's "tri-jump".

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

loving hire Desk already, Capcom. Jesus.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

How is he getting a damage and hitstun scaling reset in that Nova combo? :psyboom:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
It's baffling how Desk can break the game so handily with such flashy production value.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

kaujot posted:

I think Capcom should hire Max too. Max can be the hype man, S-Kill can explain gameplay stuff, and Desk can make sure the game has few bugs and/or has kickin' music.

A holy trinity of fighting games, I guess.

ImperialGuard fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 29, 2011

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Desk: Capcom programmer's job security plan.

Always making sure there's a patch to work on because the bugs are in full view for everybody to see is the best.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

kaujot posted:

Desk would probably make more money off youtube videos than doing QA for Capcom :(

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

NecroMonster posted:

How is he getting a damage and hitstun scaling reset in that Nova combo? :psyboom:

My guess is that it has to do with ground hitstun, jump hitstun and superjump hitstun having different properties. The early part of the combo switches between ground state and jump state (where hitstun is lower), the late part almost exclusively uses the superjump state (where hitstun is higher). I also believe that his combo works because he's timing those j.H's perfectly such that he can link them. No idea what's going on with the damage and whether or not it's resetting.

Take a look at the lots of H video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0suWnxxkhk
Notice that before the second loop he does a c.H before his launcher? He left that out in this combo, I bet because there is not enough hitstun left to link the launcher afterwards. But if he hits them with the launcher (no c.H first) he goes into superjump state and has plenty of hitstun left to keep pummeling them.

I've been doing this combo (A2 is sent drones):
code:
H S
j.H fly j.H unfly j.H
H S
j.H S
f.H H+A2 Supernova
dash xx Supernova
If I change the end to:
code:
f.H H S
They flip out after the H before the S hits.

If I change the end to:
code:
f.H S
j.M j.M j.H Gravimetric Pulse L
Even though there's a lot more hits it works just fine because there is plenty of superjump hitstun left.

Dren fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 29, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dren posted:

None of that explains why the damage scaling resets just before the end of the second set of ground normals.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
There was a video earlier where Chun's j.L was shown to reset damage scaling, maybe Nova has something similar?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Someday I'll learn to not call assists against a level 3 X-factor Ryu.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Huh. I watched Desk's combo in super slow mo so here's the inputs if you want to give it a shot. I'd imagine you need to do it against someone big like Sentinel to connect the j.M after the first fly. Also, Desk does it in the corner.

code:
M H xx fly
j.M j.H xx unfly j.M (while falling)
L M H S
j.H fly j.H unfly j.H
S
j.H fly j.H unfly j.H
S
j.M j.M j.H Gravimetric Pulse L (with 30% red life)
Assuming the damage and hitstun reset @ the LMHS it shouldn't be too hard to do if you can already do the H loop.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Dr. Spiderman posted:

Someday I'll learn to not call assists against a level 3 X-factor Ryu.

Always run away from L3XF anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

kaujot posted:

Desk doesn't actually find these glitches. He just posts videos of glitches other people found.

• Locked thread