Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

"'I'm Vegan.' What's that cheeseball in your mouth? That's like, way wicked more than just cheese, those are, like, triple cheese! 'I'm Vegan. gently caress Doritos, I'd never eat a Dorito.' I've seen you eat Doritos! 'It's an exception, I always give myself an exception. One...or two.'"

Episode 127, one of the best in my book. You go straight from that to their hilarious bit about the last issue of Playgirl.

"I'm gonna get a Snickers Charged, with the Taurine, some Newports, aaaaaaaannnnnd a Playgirl. Hey, do you have matches? Because then I'm gonna light it all on fire."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EihFTpui1KE

One of my favorite segments of the show period, god drat.

Jah is so roasted in that clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I like how in 298 Seth talks about Seinfeld on Letterman basically doing the same routine he did FIVE YEARS AGO in the early episodes, in the 20s, and didn't even notice it.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

I like how in 298 Seth talks about Seinfeld on Letterman basically doing the same routine he did FIVE YEARS AGO in the early episodes, in the 20s, and didn't even notice it.

I knew I'd heard that before.

That's hilarious

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

$25 Hallmark Channel royalties. PAPER CHASEE!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Anyone else planning on donating $30 for their 300th show? Figure it's the least I can do after hours of free entertainment.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
God, I forgot about the ending to 104. Awesome song, awesome ending.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

mcvey posted:

Anyone else planning on donating $30 for their 300th show? Figure it's the least I can do after hours of free entertainment.

I don't know, that $50 challenge coin thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't feel like giving them any money right now. If they come out with a new t-shirt I like, I'll buy one though.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Someone explain to me what a challenge coin is, and why it's worth $50?

I've never bought anything from them, but I did do the $25 for 250 last Christmas.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
UYD: Whitest Diapers in the Neighbourhood

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Someone explain to me what a challenge coin is, and why it's worth $50?

I've never bought anything from them, but I did do the $25 for 250 last Christmas.

They do them at my work every year. They're weird collectibles people create for fund raising purposes. I think they're tacky and horrible, and I'm assuming the UYD coins were meant to be kind of kitschy and ironic.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/1179/
http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/2990/

It was originally suggested by the forums. I don't think they meant it to be ironic. They are some weird sycophants over there - as evidenced by the fact that they bought 100 $50 coins. Some people bought multiple coins.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/1179/
http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/2990/

It was originally suggested by the forums. I don't think they meant it to be ironic. They are some weird sycophants over there - as evidenced by the fact that they bought 100 $50 coins. Some people bought multiple coins.

Lots of people donate $50 without getting anything in return, not even a coin. Everyone knows those types of coins are cheesy and not "worth" 50 bucks theyre just used as a token you get for fundraising

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, actually I do get that and that we've gotten almost 300 hours of free entertainment. I just thought it was a ridiculous price.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Wait that's why you're upset over the $50 coin? :psyduck:

It's a donation, who cares what you get as a token for it when they've already given you 300 hours of entertainment for free.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I'm not upset over it. I actually wasn't under the impression that it was something you get for donating but just sort of greedy mechandising. If I look at it from the former perspective though, that makes sense.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I'm not upset over it. I actually wasn't under the impression that it was something you get for donating but just sort of greedy mechandising. If I look at it from the former perspective though, that makes sense.

It's like a PBS pledge drive where you get a tote bag and a Sesame Street compilation for your $100 donation. They aren't selling you a goddamned tote bag and CD for $100, they just want to give you something to hold on to, something that has their name on it so you can say (if asked) "I got this crazy thing when I donated to PBS."

I'd donate $50 if I could get one of those UYD Euro-style bumper stickers.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Nose boners.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Nadine Hauklund posted:

It's like a PBS pledge drive where you get a tote bag and a Sesame Street compilation for your $100 donation. They aren't selling you a goddamned tote bag and CD for $100, they just want to give you something to hold on to, something that has their name on it so you can say (if asked) "I got this crazy thing when I donated to PBS."

I'd donate $50 if I could get one of those UYD Euro-style bumper stickers.

Sure, like I said, I get that now.

To be fair though, that's not even remotely the way it was presented. It was presented on Facebook in particular as "Get your exclusive UYD limited number collector's item for only $50."

The idea of donating and getting a little something in return was never expressed by the guys or the website in general. We've only come to this conclusion on our own.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I got a hosed up UYD story to tell.

So I was playing some Bezzerwizzer (Trivia game) with family tonight, and before we began I was asking my sister and her boyfriend if they've ever heard of UYD.

They hadn't so I say "Yeah It's a podcast hosted by these two guys Seth Romatelli and Johnathan Larroquette. If you've ever heard of John Larroquette, that guy from Night Court, It's his son." They both shoot me a look like they have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about so I give them some more details but anyways, the point is later that night a certain question came up in the game...

That question was: "John Larroquette won 4 consecutive Emmy's for his role on what sitcom?"

This particular question was poised at my sister's boyfriend, and if answered correctly would win the game. I look at him and go "No way, no loving way." he looks at me and goes "Uhh...Night Court?" and wins the drat game. I don't even know what the hell the odds of that poo poo happening are but It was pretty ridiculous.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

The Quake posted:

I got a hosed up UYD story to tell.

So I was playing some Bezzerwizzer (Trivia game) with family tonight, and before we began I was asking my sister and her boyfriend if they've ever heard of UYD.

They hadn't so I say "Yeah It's a podcast hosted by these two guys Seth Romatelli and Johnathan Larroquette. If you've ever heard of John Larroquette, that guy from Night Court, It's his son." They both shoot me a look like they have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about so I give them some more details but anyways, the point is later that night a certain question came up in the game...

That question was: "John Larroquette won 4 consecutive Emmy's for his role on what sitcom?"

This particular question was poised at my sister's boyfriend, and if answered correctly would win the game. I look at him and go "No way, no loving way." he looks at me and goes "Uhh...Night Court?" and wins the drat game. I don't even know what the hell the odds of that poo poo happening are but It was pretty ridiculous.

Send that to the dudes, they'll loving love that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, definitely send that poo poo in, Jah'll get a major kick out of that.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Send that to the dudes, they'll loving love that.

Yeah definitely. Sounds like something they would like.

Stakato
Feb 17, 2006
in an effort to be up-to-date on the latest uyd knowledge, I added Jah on facebook (weeks ago). Obviously at this point they are getting flooded with followers. Do I wait it out for an accept or go all out and do some artwork to catch his attention (bribery)?

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Stakato posted:

in an effort to be up-to-date on the latest uyd knowledge, I added Jah on facebook (weeks ago). Obviously at this point they are getting flooded with followers. Do I wait it out for an accept or go all out and do some artwork to catch his attention (bribery)?

Jah doesn't reply to a lot of people, but I think he would if you've done some cool artwork. He will occasionally reply to people who send him songs he likes or talks about bands he's into.

Also, I remember talking to him once on FB when I was drunk and he responded. I just said how much I loved the show and he said "yeah, me too. It's our pleasure" as well as some other stuff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

David Brain; the mentalist.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I think if anyone doesn't fully understand what Seth is about, listen to his insane rant on his cherry vaseline on the latest ep. So good.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Roma-therapy.

Seth Romatelli rules.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Professor Latency posted:

I think if anyone doesn't fully understand what Seth is about, listen to his insane rant on his cherry vaseline on the latest ep. So good.

To be fair, vaseline works way better than chapstick.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There's a fun thing to pay attention to with the whole "BOOOWSH" thing; when they first brought it up Jonathan tried to turn it into "BOOOWSHK" with a K on the end, and Seth clearly didn't think that was funnier, but didn't really say anything about it. Now Jonathan adds a K every time and Seth doesn't

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Riptor posted:

There's a fun thing to pay attention to with the whole "BOOOWSH" thing; when they first brought it up Jonathan tried to turn it into "BOOOWSHK" with a K on the end, and Seth clearly didn't think that was funnier, but didn't really say anything about it. Now Jonathan adds a K every time and Seth doesn't
See also Seth winning on how to pronounce the voicemail number.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
My favorite Seth-ism is, whenever Jonathan is on a roll and making an rear end of himself, Seth will say "Keep talking."

Every time.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Seth is a narc "Hey do you kids know where I can get some Milly around here"

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
How about Will and Jim re-enacting the 1994 Mtv movie awards at your crazy scientology wedding? That's some mind-bending poo poo. God, I can picture Cruise laughing and slapping his knee at the the eye poking bit.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Song For The Deaf posted:

My favorite Seth-ism is, whenever Jonathan is on a roll and making an rear end of himself, Seth will say "Keep talking."

Every time.

It's really hilarious when Seth goads Jonathan into making an rear end out of himself.

Episode 44. "Do you believe in aliens?" "Yes." "Tell me more about that."

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009
Or when Jonathan posited whether or not it would be better to molest a regular young girl, or a mentally retarded one and Seth says "Thats a bold, psychotic statement you've made there. But go on."

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I had a dream last night that I won a contest to spend the weekend with Jonathan and Seth. I kept trying way to hard to be cool and was constantly afraid I was annoying them. They were super nice but I could tell that I was cramping their style so to speak. After that I was murdered by a police officer in a case of mistaken identity.

Good Dream!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SullivanPRIME posted:

Or when Jonathan posited whether or not it would be better to molest a regular young girl, or a mentally retarded one and Seth says "Thats a bold, psychotic statement you've made there. But go on."

Reminds me of the recent bit where Jonathan was saying that his dad once said all sexual predators should have their skin dyed blue, which made Seth wonder if that was such a good idea. "I'm sorry, what did five-time Emmy award winning actor Jonathan Larroquette say?"

Freddy Mercury Poisoning
May 31, 2007
You too good for this 5 dollars?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0EaWOCN78

I put my favorite craigshouse section up, from 119. I cannot handle when they get to the Walken-esque ad.

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.
Jesus Larroquette Preston Joseph Romatelli VI

Ep 131, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

911 Ghost Dad
Oct 21, 2010
Episode 300 has officially dropped.