Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thisdestruction
Jul 17, 2006

she used to be so radiant, so sexy when she laughed. now her eyes look like gravesites as she speaks in epitaphs.

krustster posted:

Actually i'd like to take a moment to correct you, the Structures tape is absolutely loving fantastic. It's so drat good I can't even handle it. It reminds me of a less spastic Ion Dissonance but with their own unique spin. There is some really weird poo poo in there too, like regular singing that comes out of nowhere and sounds completely out of place but yet works at the same time. The first track is the heaviest/best thing ever. "Face the loving avalanche!"

I want to second this. I just realized this came out and I'm listening to it on Spotify and it's rockin' pretty hard. I've worn out their All Of The Above EP, so I'm really pumped about this. I like what these kids are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
The new This Is Hell album slays pretty hard. I haven't really heard them since Misfortunes, so I'm not sure if this is a new direction for them, but it's pretty much a straight-up crossover album, which is more than okay with me.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

bleedbackwards posted:

The new This Is Hell album slays pretty hard. I haven't really heard them since Misfortunes, so I'm not sure if this is a new direction for them, but it's pretty much a straight-up crossover album, which is more than okay with me.

:stare: god drat that song loving kills. Gonna have to check this poo poo out

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

the Bunt posted:

so this band Journal is pretty loving insane

http://youtu.be/Srk8VipvagU

I dunno if I'd call it anything-core but hopefully someone enjoys it! also spot the Bowser's Castle theme thrown in there.

Oh wow, I would have never expected someone to bring up Journal here.

A friend of mine played with these guys in Sacramento in like 2007 and they killed then, so it's good to see not much has changed on that front.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

bleedbackwards posted:

I forgot about this band. Misfortunes was awesome, but the one after that didn't grab me. This is pretty badass though!

but can it top "medic! medic! man down and we're losing him fast!" ?

edit: whoops, apparently Sundowning was the album I like. Why, they have yet another tape i've never heard of!!!

krustster fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 27, 2011

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The new Counterparts is loving awesome.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Listening to Structures new album "Divided By"; about halfway through right now.

It's got a really weird vibe to it, it honestly feels like something ripped straight out of 2006...hard to explain. It's got a real lack of all the "gimmicks" that a lot of modern bands employ (keyboards, sparse/no breakdowns, no auto-tune) it's pretty much just straight up metalcore.

It's ok, if a little uninspired. These dudes can play their instruments but so far nothing has really captured me.

EDIT- The new Counterparts album is much better than the Structures album. It has a Misery Signals "Controller" vibe to it, and I loving loved that album so this is a-ok in my book :)

Oh also I think you're horribly wrong about the new Structures tape.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
New Architects

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
I've always preferred Architect to Architects.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

MMMCCLI posted:

New Architects

holy gently caress didn't their last tape just come out earlier this year? :psyduck:

not that I mind, I love this band and the song owns as well. It sounds kinda in between their last two albums, not as dark as Hollow Crown but heavier than the most recent one. I FUCKEN LIKE IT. Also the singular Architect is really good too.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Yeah it sounds pretty great, I hope the rest of the album is as good.

Video is so simple yet emotive as well. gently caress the scum!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I don't even live in the UK and I hate chavs.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

New Architects

Yes! I just listened to this three times in a row. Wow.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I remember someone posting about how they're super gay now and also they suck because the singer has a different accent than he should or something like that, and that their first album was the best. The Wrongest Opinion.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

Gaza posted:

Going through old all shall perish is making me want to break everything in my house. The price of existence is such a sick album. I loving wish I could keep this thread alive with new poo poo but I'm just not in the scene anymore. Haven't been to a somethingcore show in ages. I haven't thrown up x's (haha) in so long. It was good and I still listen to this poo poo all the time but its always going to be the dead walk or the price of existence or despised icon and I can't continue to be fed copied poo poo from 15 year old kids. Not making GBS threads on new bands but If you are going to make music I want to listen to don't throw up an album I already have been listening to for years. But what was I saying? oh yeah...THE PROMISES YOU FORGOT WE HAD...

Your username reminds me, Gaza (the band) loving rules. For those who have heard it, what did you think of He Is Never Coming Back?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Anyone ever listen to The Bled back in the day? I was mildly into them years ago and apparently they're playing a final tour before calling it quits. A buddy of mine was/is way more into them and said he'd pay for me to see them tomorrow night if I buy him a beer so I figured why the gently caress not?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ShoogaSlim posted:

Anyone ever listen to The Bled back in the day? I was mildly into them years ago and apparently they're playing a final tour before calling it quits. A buddy of mine was/is way more into them and said he'd pay for me to see them tomorrow night if I buy him a beer so I figured why the gently caress not?

I saw the Bled in 2006 and 2007 (on accident) and they put on a pretty good show.

Check them out!

thisdestruction
Jul 17, 2006

she used to be so radiant, so sexy when she laughed. now her eyes look like gravesites as she speaks in epitaphs.

Incorrect Username posted:

Your username reminds me, Gaza (the band) loving rules. For those who have heard it, what did you think of He Is Never Coming Back?

I thought it was pretty great, but I wasn't a fan so much of the longer instrumental parts as I'm a bigger fan of I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die. For a follow-up album, I think they kept a lot of the intensity up on HINCB and Gaza is definitely a band that needs to be seen live.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

thisdestruction posted:

I thought it was pretty great, but I wasn't a fan so much of the longer instrumental parts as I'm a bigger fan of I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die. For a follow-up album, I think they kept a lot of the intensity up on HINCB and Gaza is definitely a band that needs to be seen live.

Yeah, I thought HINCB was a really solid album but it's really hard to top I Don't Care. They sort of dumbed their whole sound down and scaled back on the intensity, but thankfully not by too much.

I actually think Gaza do the "long instrumental not-metal" bits well, the ending of Hospital Fat Bags is amazing. And I live in Australia, so I doubt they'll be coming here any time soon :(

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

I've never seen them live but I listened to them a lot right around the time Found in the Flood came out. I'm sure since it's their last tour they'll play all their good songs and the fans are gonna be super into it, so it'll probably be awesome.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I really only know a 2 or 3 songs, which they played and it was decent. I wouldn't have been upset if I didn't wind up going though V:shobon:V

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
New August Burns Red Xmas song on their facebook, 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen', is SICK.

https://www.facebook.com/augustburnsred

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Hello thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVtSOk_3gt0

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

bleedbackwards posted:

I'd like to pretend that I haven't heard this stuff in awhile but I still scream along to WHY DO YOUR EYES PARALYZE ME when I'm in the car and it comes on.

You'd be a monster not to scream along to that song.

Anyway, I'm looking for the thread where people are insanely happy about the first full-length of Will haven featuring Grady Avenell on vocals in ten years, is this that thread? Have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylW4clliECc&feature=related

I'm insanely happy and I need people to be insanely happy with me.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I guess I could post a thing. This band is pretty drat great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1yqpNY2OE

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVtSOk_3gt0 how do you guys feel about All Shall Perish? I think they're p rad.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

they are pretty much The Best Band, expecially in concert.

delusionsofgrandeur
Aug 18, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzIvMddyxA

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpcf0HSG98

The first is sick consistently throughout, and the second one I mostly posted for the breakdown: MARK THE LINES. WE HAVE BEEN DOUBLE-CROSSED

I've read back quite a bit and have seen no mention of VoM so far, and think they're loving rad so thought i'd share! If some has already been posted my bad... I have both of their albums and cannot get my head round some of the drums after hours behind the kit deafening myself...

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

http://lambgoat.com/news/17345/New-England-Metal-and-Hardcore-Fest-line-up

lambgoat posted:

The lineup for for Friday, April 20th includes The Black Dahlia Murder, The Acacia Strain, Oceano, All Shall Perish, Nile, Skeletonwitch, Lionheart, Fleshgod Apocalypse, First Blood, Molotov Solution, The Contortionist, Reign Supreme, Conducting From The Grave, Fit For An Autopsy, Incendiary, Palehorse, Hour Of Penance, Legion and Relentless.

On Saturday April 21st we have a very special headliner that we will be announcing on January 2nd. The other bands we can confirm for Saturday are Overkill, iwrestledabearonce, Protest the Hero, Periphery, Bane, Shipwreck, Cruel Hand, Aborted, Blackguard, The Mongoloids, Belgardor, System Divide, Naysayer, The Greenery, Diamond Plate, Rotting Out, Expire, Elitist, Trump The Harlot, Manners and Malefice.

Bands scheduled for Sunday April 22nd are Killswitch Engage, Every Time I Die, Vanna, For Today, Chelsea Grin, Sleeping Giant, Stick To Your Guns, Attila, On Broken Wings, Mychildren Mybride, For The Fallen Dreams, Texas In July, Upon A Burning Body, Volumes, Like Moths To Flames, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights, Counterparts and Gideon

I want to go but most of my friends are pussies.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Was so pumped when I saw that schedule this morning. Sunday is unbelievable. Buying my ticket this Friday.

E: The website had three youtube videos up of each headliner, the third was All That Remains and they took it down not too long after so I'm guessing that's who the TBA is.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

Was so pumped when I saw that schedule this morning. Sunday is unbelievable. Buying my ticket this Friday.

E: The website had three youtube videos up of each headliner, the third was All That Remains and they took it down not too long after so I'm guessing that's who the TBA is.

Nice, ATR is really good live. Definitely worth it if your a fan of that type of metal (and chances are if you like killswitch, you also like ATR).

Hell, when I saw them last year in NYC even phil's singing sounded good live :psyduck: i was quite shocked. He must have worked on improving it or something...

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

http://lambgoat.com/news/17345/New-England-Metal-and-Hardcore-Fest-line-up

I want to go but most of my friends are pussies.

HOUR OF PENANCE HOLY gently caress :byodood::fh:

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Nice, ATR is really good live.

I mostly lurk this thread, but I wanted to second this. I saw them on their most recent tour with FFDP and they absolutely crushed, even though Phil was sick. ATR is definitely a band to see live, their bassist has some unholy screams.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

There are actually a good chunk of bands on Friday and Sunday that I want to see. Which hasn't been the case at this fest for a number of years. I went twice in mid 00's and had a blast but the combination of bands I didn't really care about and my friends getting older and not keeping up with current bands/music made it so that I haven't gone in a while. My one friend who had gone like 5 years in a row back in the day is now bitching about the type of bands on here.

Direct quote on a link I posted on fb: "SOOO MANY GOOD BANDS OMG OMG BEATDOWN OMG BEATDOWN BEATDOWN BEATDOWN CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL"

To which I reminded him that it's called Metal and Hardcore fest so what the gently caress does he expect?

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
the Saturday lineup is definitely most up my alley

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Someone hook me up with some hardcore! I'm thinking 50 Lions / Deez Nuts / Terror type stuff.

Cheers

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lsiten to reign supreme and also casey jones and bane.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Reign Supreme is exactly what I was after.

gently caress!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

Someone hook me up with some hardcore! I'm thinking 50 Lions / Deez Nuts / Terror type stuff.

Cheers

I've got nothing to add, I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoy listening to Deez Nuts. Fun jams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

There are actually a good chunk of bands on Friday and Sunday that I want to see. Which hasn't been the case at this fest for a number of years. I went twice in mid 00's and had a blast but the combination of bands I didn't really care about and my friends getting older and not keeping up with current bands/music made it so that I haven't gone in a while. My one friend who had gone like 5 years in a row back in the day is now bitching about the type of bands on here.

Direct quote on a link I posted on fb: "SOOO MANY GOOD BANDS OMG OMG BEATDOWN OMG BEATDOWN BEATDOWN BEATDOWN CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL METAL"

To which I reminded him that it's called Metal and Hardcore fest so what the gently caress does he expect?
That music is just a bunch of screaming, no talent required.