Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
At least when Andrew does a total loving cop out, it's still funny.

I have no idea what music could suit this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I'm a little disappointed that the shoosh pap scene concluded Karkat's arc, though. That guy had the best pesterlogs :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the shoosh pap scene concluded Karkat's arc, though. That guy had the best pesterlogs :(

What? It's not like Karkat is going to be gone from the story or anything.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

uh I don't think that's, like, a hard cutoff for Karkat. You guys are kinda blowing one of his standard non-answers out of proportion here.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Yeah, we probably won't get a definitive answer until the updates come along.

I still really miss the pre-scratch characters, though. Looking forward to seeing post-scratch Dave and Rose.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

The Fucky posted:

So, I guess Karkat's lusus is a "crabdad" in official canon now. Cool?
Karkat himself called it Crabdad when he told John about its death. This isn't news.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Plom Bar posted:

Karkat himself called it Crabdad when he told John about its death. This isn't news.

Save your excitement for if/when Seahorsedad becomes canon.

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible
I went with escape pod on the latest album.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Crabdad is similar in construction to crawdad so it's not really a weird name for a weird animal to have in a jungle.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Yep, there's pretty much no way that monster isn't going to show up later at the worst possible time.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Talorat posted:

Yep, there's pretty much no way that monster isn't going to show up later at the worst possible time.

Yep. It's perfectly safe for Jake to let his guard down, even for a second!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I can't wait for Jake to encounter a giant, rampaging Tinkerbull.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

It will be the size of an ordinary flying bull and will want to be his friend.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TVs Ian posted:

That...that was uncanny. :stare:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

King of Solomon posted:

It was also sad. :(

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

TVs Ian posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Hopefully this means he will prototype it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hahahaha, get owned Tinkerbailures.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Amazing timing there. Poor Tinkerbull(esque creatures) can't catch a break wherever they go.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

CidGregor posted:

So I'm not really "with it" on this whole tumblr craze because I am a crotchety old man, someone explain this statement to me:

As far as I'm aware it's not dissimilar to pretty much any other blogger site, so unless your friends list feed is jam-packed with homestuck stuff I'm not really sure why it would be noticeable let alone insufferable if a bunch of random strangers were posting art on their own blogs elsewhere on the site entirely....?
It's the news feed on your dashboard that most people browse through. Say you were following someone who used to draw and post all this good stuff, and then one day they discover Homestuck and all of the sudden they're drawing all these trolls making out with each other. Or imagine from an outsider's perspective: This thread getting transported into other people's news feeds, with the added bonus of whatever weird-rear end theories people have about the story UNCUT and UNFILTERED.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Hahaha, Tinkerbull will never stop having hilariously quick deaths.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

So I'm guessing the fact that Crabdad is here implies the lusii could also be associated with LE. They're part of how he (or his lieutenants) prep the scratched session for victory: they'd be used to fighting really vicious or gigantic monsters already, and so have an easier time in the game.

Also, Chaotic Strength is perfect for this fight. :black101:

Oh hah, and it updated while I was typing. Tinkerbull just cannot stop dying in hilariously sad ways. :cawg:

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!

TVs Ian posted:

I laughed, I cried. Poor lil' dude can't catch a break.

Also: i guess this explains Jake's sheets...

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

King of Solomon posted:

Aw, now I feel bad. Curse my inappropriate timing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Kill fuckin fairybulls erryday.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Poor Tinkerbull :ohdear:

What lusus is next?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a Gl'bgolyb? We're all hosed.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Is there a Gl'bgolyb? We're all hosed.

The whole vine mass is Gl'bgolyb: the pumpkins are some sort of weird fungal growth :v:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

HalfHazard posted:

So I'm guessing the fact that Crabdad is here implies the lusii could also be associated with LE. They're part of how he (or his lieutenants) prep the scratched session for victory: they'd be used to fighting really vicious or gigantic monsters already, and so have an easier time in the game.
I think it's just as likely that they're just Alternian animals, and their reason for being here is the same as the reason the Troll empress is here.

That reason isn't crystal clear, but there's already quite a few established links between the Trolls' world and Earth B2, so I don't think it necessarily suggests Lord English shenanigans.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
This gets even better when you remember how Grandpa Jake died in the original timeline.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

TVs Ian posted:

"Later you also shot an adorable two-mouthed wildcat."

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Walliard posted:

This gets even better when you remember how Grandpa Jake died in the original timeline.

But tinkerbull didn't have anything to do with that, that was Tavros. :(

So begins Mr. English's path to the dark side.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Walliard posted:

Or when you remember Jake's track record with dual-wielding pistols.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jake, that was a clean shot you should be proud. You are really bringing down my image of Grandpa Harley the Big Game Hunter. He'd forget about all that robot nonsense and stuff and mount that little tinkerbull, then go back out with a bigger gun to chase down that crabdad, tally ho the game's afoot.

Then have tea with a blue stuffed doll. Get with the loving program, Jake.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Eiba posted:

I think it's just as likely that they're just Alternian animals, and their reason for being here is the same as the reason the Troll empress is here.

That reason isn't crystal clear, but there's already quite a few established links between the Trolls' world and Earth B2, so I don't think it necessarily suggests Lord English shenanigans.

Or maybe the transmaterializer was locked on the troll wiggler caverns when Grandma Jade first found it, and she went on a transmaterialzing spree like Jake did with the pumpkins. If that thing can reach into the first iteration of the universe it's in, getting to a completely different universe should be easy.

Also, Kidmom is the best New Kid :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Okay, that was pretty hysterical.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Well Manicured Man posted:

Poor Tinkerbull :ohdear:

What lusus is next?

As it's worded, there's multiples of everything. He shot a Tinkerbull, not The Tinkerbull.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Zorak posted:

As it's worded, there's multiples of everything. He shot a Tinkerbull, not The Tinkerbull.

Which brings with it the delightful prospect of more Tinkerbulls to shoot.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Neither Tavros nor anything Tavros related is ever allowed to be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I'm just waiting for vriska's lusus to make an appearance. :allears: