Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

-Troika- posted:

WARNING: City upkeep (20817000 credits) is due in 32 hours but the org bank only contains 824737 credits. If the bank does not contain enough credits by the due date, your city will be demolished.

welp

(for GoonCorp's city)

Do you guys have enough cash on hand? I think I have a froob with a couple mil left if you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostOne
Dec 20, 2002

killstealing posted:

Do you guys have enough cash on hand? I think I have a froob with a couple mil left if you need.

Or just dig up the President's body and make him sign it over to me :D
Mostly kidding.. really.. I swear (rolls up a new org just in case)

Guerrilla Warfare
Feb 22, 2008
I jumped on RK1 as a MA after not playing for some time and I'm wondering if the population took a nose dive since I've been gone. Just where is everyone these days? I've seen only a handful of players in the subways and in Athens so it's pretty lonely wandering around the game world.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Most of the activity's in Borealis now from what I see

At least, I moved my buff business there after finding Rome mostly empty >_<

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Anyone still play this? Ive got a 220 keeper that I havent logged into since 2009 apparently thats still collecting dust.

Is there any value in an account like that? if I remember I had a good mix of that final tier of shadowlands armor and alien armor, a ql300 alien sword and all the relevant keeper gimmick weapons (excalibur / eqb / gelids / etc)

I loved AO but I dont think Id ever come back at this point.

http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Andrulin

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gimme your stuff :v:

No, just kidding. But I'm sure someone would want to buy things. You can probably get back in on the 30 days free thing.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
If I was going to give it away or sell it, Id want to go with the whole account to someone that would actually play and not be a complete douchebag. I had a lot of good friends and while the games long passed its peak I still have a lot of love for it and the community that plays there.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hi posted:

If I was going to give it away or sell it, Id want to go with the whole account to someone that would actually play and not be a complete douchebag. I had a lot of good friends and while the games long passed its peak I still have a lot of love for it and the community that plays there.

Yeah same here, ideally the guy would not strip the twinks I spent years outfitting. But hey, unless the guy spent years playing those characters they will not mean as much to him as to the real owner.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roflbot is down.

e: growing infantry symb prices :argh: :argh: :argh:

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 27, 2011

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, guess Roflbot's about done for, then. Who even ran it?

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I assumed it was running on some forgotten computer deep within the backbone of the internet, lost for all time

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

-Troika- posted:

Welp, guess Roflbot's about done for, then. Who even ran it?

I tried to find that out a while ago without luck. It tends to go down every now and then but so far has always popped back up sooner or later.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Slave posted:

I assumed it was running on some forgotten computer deep within the backbone of the internet, lost for all time

Millennia from now archaeologists will assume seeking the best "Prototype Neon Arc-Blaster 3000" in as few clicks as possible was the crowning achievement of the human race.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who owns Valleixa? According to the AO website that character is president of GoonCorp atm.

Also apparently there are 693 characters in GoonCorp but I am the only one of them I have seen online :smith:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Who owns Valleixa? According to the AO website that character is president of GoonCorp atm.

Also apparently there are 693 characters in GoonCorp but I am the only one of them I have seen online :smith:

Probably Zinrax / Rawenwood etc, since only president can replace himself. He quit though so why he replaced his inactive character with another inactive character... :iiam:

Did the city finally blow up by the way?

I haven't been online either since there are so many good single player games to play right now. And SWToR coming, that's gonna take a big old poo poo all over AO population numbers.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The city's still online until next month, someone deposited cash with literally 30 minutes to spare.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is there still goon presence in this game or is it dead? Last time I went on (RK-2) there were only about a hundred people online :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The people that play are mostly on RK1.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

-Troika- posted:

The people that play are mostly on RK1.

Welp, that's that then. It's been a long ride, Funcom.

No server transfer/merge is pretty dumb, too.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Funcom needs to stop trying to make newer and shinier MMORPG's because they all come out lovely and just make an AO2 and they would profit.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Peechka posted:

Funcom needs to stop trying to make newer and shinier MMORPG's because they all come out lovely and just make an AO2 and they would profit.

I would buy the gently caress out of a new AO with the same IP/implant system. Twinking was a game inside a game the likes of which I haven't found in any other game yet.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

killstealing posted:

I would buy the gently caress out of a new AO with the same IP/implant system. Twinking was a game inside a game the likes of which I haven't found in any other game yet.

Agreed. I think pretty much all anyone wants from Funcom is AO2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Agreed. I think pretty much all anyone wants from Funcom is AO2.

There's no way Funcom could pull it off. Everyone in this thread has played Funcom's 'patches' for AO and some of you have tried their more recent MMO outings. AO was a fluke and there's no way Funcom is capable of remaking it for modern systems without ruining what made it so fun to play.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

uPen posted:

There's no way Funcom could pull it off. Everyone in this thread has played Funcom's 'patches' for AO and some of you have tried their more recent MMO outings. AO was a fluke and there's no way Funcom is capable of remaking it for modern systems without ruining what made it so fun to play.

They're not even able to update it as-is.. it's become worse and worse lately.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
I would pay a subscription for AO as it is if it were reinvigorated somehow so it isn't a ghost-town. AO2 really should be Funcom's prerogative above another flash in the pan.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Revener posted:

I would pay a subscription for AO as it is if it were reinvigorated somehow so it isn't a ghost-town. AO2 really should be Funcom's prerogative above another flash in the pan.

I'm hoping they relaunch it when they finish the engine update. Honestly, AO+engine+people actually playing it = AO2

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
If / When a new graphics engine is released I will be trying this game again. I loved the subway and the temple of the four winds and those are just the starting dungeons.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I really wished people would go through RK. Shadowlands kind of ruined this game IMO.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Any news on an eventual server merge? Apparently RK2 is literally devoid of human life at the moment and I sadly have no characters on RK1. I'll resub for a merge, to be honest. Get to work, FC!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Clinton1011 posted:

If / When a new graphics engine is released
Ehehehehehe.

But for real, What's the point of a new engine? Shiny water. And maybe some dynamic shadows that don't fit into the city geometry. I'd rather see them working on AO2, which has a snowball's chance in hell.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007
Is there still a goon corp on RK 1? I got that itch and resubbed.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

blackmanjew posted:

I really wished people would go through RK. Shadowlands kind of ruined this game IMO.

This. I've been playing AO on and off since release and I think Shadowlands pretty much divided the game in two. And it made no sense either, trying to add some fantasy stuff to a game that had such a strong Sci-Fi base.

They should just work on AO2. I've been waiting for that engine upgrade for years now and I'm not sure it will be worth it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'd sub for AO2 instantly if they kept the tower wars, side XP and all those other things.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

killstealing posted:

I'd sub for AO2 instantly if they kept the tower wars, side XP and all those other things.

This is 2012, you can't have things like side exp because the other side would feel bad about the other one having few percent more. :ohdear:

I'm thinking of resubbing for a bit too. SWTOR is a nice game in theory but there's too much stupid things they need to fix before it's worth playing. Now the lovely part of my brain just needs to convince the healthy part to pay the AO sub price. It'll take a few days.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fewd posted:

This is 2012, you can't have things like side exp because the other side would feel bad about the other one having few percent more. :ohdear:

I'm thinking of resubbing for a bit too. SWTOR is a nice game in theory but there's too much stupid things they need to fix before it's worth playing. Now the lovely part of my brain just needs to convince the healthy part to pay the AO sub price. It'll take a few days.

It's dead Jim.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

killstealing posted:

It's dead Jim.

I know. :negative:

And despite that, it's still the best scifi mmorpg. There is something seriously hosed up about that.

Cholfo
Sep 16, 2007

Fewd posted:

And despite that, it's still the best scifi mmorpg. There is something seriously hosed up about that.

That's what got me back again. Hoverboards, laser guns, neuromancy. That and the maths. God drat I love me some maths, and I haven't seen any other mmos with this much maths.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Of all the threads on SA, this is the only one that makes me sad. I'll hold Secret World even if it turns out to be a horrible mess because it might have some piece of AO inside. A man can hope :unsmith:.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
With the apparent massive dropoff in people playing lately has there been any word from Funcom about killing the server or a server merger? I cannot comprehend why they still have the server split in 2 with such a tiny fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

uPen posted:

With the apparent massive dropoff in people playing lately has there been any word from Funcom about killing the server or a server merger? I cannot comprehend why they still have the server split in 2 with such a tiny fanbase.

Were I to guess, I imagine that they aren't sure they can merge the servers without blowing the whole thing up.

• Locked thread