Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
How very :downs: of Parley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Coyote should slowly give Anne more and more pieces of himself which turn in to equipment. Obviously it all laughs all the time.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Careful with that axe Sword, Eugene Parley.

I'm waiting with bated breath for further hyjinks from this sword. What's funny is how Anne and Kat even did tests on it, revealing how insanely dangerous the sword is, and still decided "Yup, let's give it to some to use."

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Luminaflare posted:

Coyote should slowly give Anne more and more pieces of himself which turn in to equipment. Obviously it all laughs all the time.

And he will become...COYOTRON.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The real question is how Annie and Kat managed to lug that iron girder around.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

inthesto posted:

Presumably they used their robot army to move it for them.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Kuros posted:

It does seem a bit careless of her. Robot doesn't seem armed, and perhaps Robot silently stepped closer to look at the blade just as Parley was turning.

Oh well. Kat can build him an even more humanoid body, now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

inthesto posted:

Kat can ask the robots to do pretty much anything.

"Hey robots who keep hanging around the shrine to Jeanne, would you please get me an iron girder?"

"YES ANGEL" *they run off and get a girder*

edit:

Niton posted:

Presumably they used their robot army to move it for them.
TWO MINUTES :argh:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kuros posted:

It seemed to me to be a slip up. If you just tapped the robot with a normal sword nothing would even happen. And all she heard from Kat was that it was "really drat sharp", she didn't know that it cuts through ball bearings. Probably she was expecting the sword to bounce off of robot or at the least just leave a nick.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

It seemed to me to be a slip up. If you just tapped the robot with a normal sword nothing would even happen. And all she heard from Kat was that it was "really drat sharp", she didn't know that it cuts through ball bearings. Probably she was expecting the sword to bounce off of robot or at the least just leave a nick.

Indeed. Swords don't cut metal, if they did you wouldn't be able to parry them. An experienced swordfighter given a new sword will assume it is still essentially a sword.

The question is, can it cut vengeful spirits? And also what is it gonna look like in the ether, cause coyote himself looks freaking awesome.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fatkraken posted:

Indeed. Swords don't cut metal, if they did you wouldn't be able to parry them. An experienced swordfighter given a new sword will assume it is still essentially a sword.

The question is, can it cut vengeful spirits? And also what is it gonna look like in the ether, cause coyote himself looks freaking awesome.

I'm hoping like hundreds of gnashing fangs, chewing up everything in their path.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Wasn't it just a tooth the last time we saw it? I don't remember it being made of glowy energy.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Brannock posted:

Wasn't it just a tooth the last time we saw it? I don't remember it being made of glowy energy.

This is the first time we've seen it unsheathed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Brannock posted:

The tooth can change from a tooth into a sword and back again.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Aren't most of the court robots programmed to love Jeanne? You know, the whole "She died and we did nothing" thing. I wonder if Robot might have objections to their plan that involves potentially murdering Jeanne's ghost with a sword made out of a god's tooth?

also, I wonder if the general robotic fixation on angels has to do with their programming to love Jeanne. I mean, Diego probably didn't literally program his robots to love her in the same romantic way he loves her, he might've programmed them to look up to her as an angel instead. Maybe their obsession with Kat is a result of their love-circuits getting crossed somehow?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Coach Sport posted:

also, I wonder if the general robotic fixation on angels has to do with their programming to love Jeanne. I mean, Diego probably didn't literally program his robots to love her in the same romantic way he loves her, he might've programmed them to look up to her as an angel instead. Maybe their obsession with Kat is a result of their love-circuits getting crossed somehow?

Undoubtedly. Kat fixes them when they break and she helped them find the image of their goddess, therefore she is an angel in the service of their beloved goddess Jeanne.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hoodbot then acts as an apostle. I don't think Tom likes the way that part of the story turned out, but it's still developing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ka0 posted:

Hoodbot then acts as an apostle. I don't think Tom likes the way that part of the story turned out, but it's still developing.

Really? I liked it. It was slow and pondering, which worked perfectly for the pace of the story. You got the sense that these were Big Ideas that deserved thought and contemplation.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Luminaflare posted:

Coyote seems like exactly the sort of guy to smuggle himself into the Court one piece at a time à la Johnny Cash.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Coyote seems like exactly the sort of guy to smuggle himself into the Court one piece at a time à la Johnny Cash.

Or, if Coyote can turn a rock into a new tooth, can the tooth turn a rock into a new Coyote?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Oh god, Annie, what have you done :ohdear:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That isn't funny, Coyote-tooth! :(
Strange how it didn't just fall straight into the floor, though. Maybe it's a bit like Smitty, but it alters reality to be as mischievous as possible?

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Fecha posted:

That isn't funny, Coyote-tooth! :(
Strange how it didn't just fall straight into the floor, though. Maybe it's a bit like Smitty, but it alters reality to be as mischievous as possible?

The hilt is still there. The blade can't cut a hole wide enough for the hilt.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You know, I'm starting to think that this may be a bad idea!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Maybe Parley isn't the best person for this if she's going to drop the incredibly dangerous blade.

The swords having fun at least.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh no shadow :ohdear:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

...gently caress

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
This was a really bad idea.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Parley you are terrible at sword safety.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wili posted:

Parley you are terrible at sword safety.

Really, she's like the opposite of Smitty right now. That's no way to handle a mythical dimension-cutting sword made out of a god's tooth.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Oh geez, someone get a bar of soap.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
For gently caress's sake Parley!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Since I predict a lot of people are going to misinterpret that last panel, a pre-emptive Shadow 2 was not cut.

The blade fell downward, the tip hit the ground right next to Shadow 2, then the whole sword tipped over, and the point went under Shadow 2, acting as a lever that pulled him up, over the sword, as it came to rest.

Shadow 2 is not cut in half, he's just shaped like this, as viewed from the side. (the * is where the sword is):

_____/*\_____

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Next panel: vast amounts of blood spraying everywhere. Then the sword slides along the floor, cutting Smitty's foot off. Annie tries to run, but it's too late. THE END.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bobulus posted:

Shadow 2 is not cut in half, he's just shaped like this, as viewed from the side. (the * is where the sword is):

Which is kinda interesting, because I would have thought the sword would also just slice shadow 2 in...2.

Unless it can't hurt etheric beings for some reason (I doubt it though).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

That's actually possible. It could be Smitty's power in play in demonstrating this, preventing them from finding out the hard way with Jeanne.

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Which is kinda interesting, because I would have thought the sword would also just slice shadow 2 in...2.

Cutting Shadow 2 in half wouldn't really be very funny, now would it? Scaring everyone buy cutting him from the floor, on the other hand...

This is assuming that Robot can be repaired shortly, which is a fair assumption.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

"Repaired"? You mean improved upon...

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I just want to point out that Shadow 2 is casting a shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

sansuki posted:

I just want to point out that Shadow 2 is casting a shadow.
Would that be Shadow 3, or Shadow 2^2?