Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like something exploded in the Jade/Jake tower. Knocked Jake's room into the jungle at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)
So there's another green pillar that's on land (kind of separated from the frog temple). Was that implied to be Jake's house?

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

UltraPenguinX posted:

So there's another green pillar that's on land (kind of separated from the frog temple). Was that implied to be Jake's house?

I'd guess so, there isn't any other Spherical tower on the island that we can see, let alone assume is Jake's.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

a herd of Aurthours.

Finally, the best character in Homestuck returns!

I'm assuming these lusii arrive in the meteor that carries the frog temple in the upcoming Sburb session, although these kids (presumably) coming from the B1 universe's Sburb makes it unclear how the portals are going to work.

Roleplaying Larry fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Just to help with the speculation, here's the first shot we see of Jade's island originally: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002980 (edit: first still image. We see the same image minus the zipline at the end of Jade: Play a hauntingly relaxing bassline)

One thing that stands out to me is the lily pad path already is there, but I guess that makes sense since Jake has been desecrating these ruins for some time now. The ruins look like there in much newer condition now though.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 1, 2011

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

UltraPenguinX posted:

I think that land pillar is supposed to represent a player who is "separate" from the rest for whatever reason. For example, it could be Jake's because he is the only human player (so far) to start off with a dead dream self.

TurnpikeLad
Feb 12, 2007

ghost in bucket
That whale.. didn't Eridan kill a whale lusus to feed to Glb'Golyb? So it's not just the lusii of the trolls we know, but a larger section of Alternian fauna which is for some reason here in world B2

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

creationist believer posted:

Just to help with the speculation, here's the first shot we see of Jade's island originally: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002980 (edit: first still image. We see the same image minus the zipline at the end of Jade: Play a hauntingly relaxing bassline)

One thing that stands out to me is the lily pad path already is there, but I guess that makes sense since Jake has been desecrating these ruins for some time now. The ruins look like there in much newer condition now though.

So it looks like:

-volcano is lit
-island is covered by a jungle
-tower house is destroyed
-ruins look a lot newer
-bay is missing many of the large flower lily pads, but has a pad path
-the lonesome tower that looks like Jade's house is ruined differently
-lusii

I don't think the separate tower represents Jake or another kid, since there's still eight towers in the bay (one is kind of hidden). Jade's towers were all wrecked so one was either destroyed or just hidden behind the frog temple.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2011

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

FewtureMD posted:

I think that land pillar is supposed to represent a player who is "separate" from the rest for whatever reason. For example, it could be Jake's because he is the only human player (so far) to start off with a dead dream self.

The land pillar represents Derse. It has a smaller pillar that represents Derse's moon that is broken off. There was also a pillar on the frog temple that broke off that represents Prospit and Prospit's moon. See the whole thing here.

Sooo the destroyed pillars representing Prospit and its moon could represent Jack destroying both, the Derse pillar not having a moon could be related to Dave and Rose traveling on it to deposit the tumor? Edit: But those are both the circumstances of B1 Prospit and Derse. Maybe the same/something similar happens to the B2 planets?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Slightly unrelated, but I've only now noticed that all of the robot versions of people have blue symbols regardless of what colour the character uses. Could this possibly have any meaning at all? (probably not)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

UltraPenguinX posted:

How easy it is for a serial reading to make us forget things that were just shown!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
The pillar on land seperate from the rest of them represents Derse. There's another one on an outcropping from the center temple representing Prospit, but it's either not visible from this angle or it snapped off in this timeline.

Also, welp, 8-player session confirmed.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
The jungle is the same as the one shown in WV: Ascend and this wallpaper when we see history of the island. Since Grandpa Jake apparently cleared the forest in the B1 universe, I wonder what prevented Jade from doing it in B2. Maybe the lusi monsters were too dangerous? That can't all be pumpkin growth.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

MrBims posted:

How easy it is for a serial reading to make us forget things that were just shown!

I think that's supposed to be the analog of the tower on Jade's house, which as you can see is much smaller. I think Jake's house isn't visible, it's buried under all the trees. The stone pillar is much larger.

The one weird thing about this to me is that in the Kid's session there were four visible pillars (or at least their remnants). In the post-Scratch session, there are 9. Maybe UU will be a part of this session somehow?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kit Walker posted:

The one weird thing about this to me is that in the Kid's session there were four visible pillars (or at least their remnants). In the post-Scratch session, there are 9. Maybe UU will be a part of this session somehow?

There are eight towers in the water around the Frog temple. The tower on land represents Derse, as was mentioned above, and its ruins can be seen on Jade's version of the island.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Ah, right, my bad. I forgot the page that showed the frog temple on the asteroid.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

These three panels of zoom-out kind of feel out of place, but a wider look at the island is nice.

A thought - Jake's going to need to prototype his Sprite. Does he have something appropriately dead lying around, or might he use the recently-deceased Tinkerbull?

No special reason why he'd use the Tinkerbull, he just needs something dead.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Uh guys, look at the upper right of http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006145 and tell me if you see anything.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dolash posted:

These three panels of zoom-out kind of feel out of place, but a wider look at the island is nice.

A thought - Jake's going to need to prototype his Sprite. Does he have something appropriately dead lying around, or might he use the recently-deceased Tinkerbull?

No special reason why he'd use the Tinkerbull, he just needs something dead.

The brobot after he shoots it up?

And Bro prototypes the autoresponder, Jane prototypes the brobobunny, Lalonde prototypes... I guess we'll have to meet her to see how she's going to somehow make a Brosprite.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

wdarkk posted:

Uh guys, look at the upper right of http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006145 and tell me if you see anything.

Maybe it's Terezi's Dragonmom. That'd be awesome, giant white blind dragons divebombing ships and ramming into people and sniffing things.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Maybe it's Terezi's Dragonmom. That'd be awesome, giant white blind dragons divebombing ships and ramming into people and sniffing things.

Well, that would be better than my immediate reaction, that it's Fef's Lusus based on my perception of its size.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
wasn't that thing in the orignal WV flyover of the island in the kid's world?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

wdarkk posted:

Well, that would be better than my immediate reaction, that it's Fef's Lusus based on my perception of its size.

Dont think Fef's lusus has wings... or can fly. unless you thought it was swimming I guess?

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

quote:

Dont think Fef's lusus has wings... or can fly. unless you thought it was swimming I guess?

G'lobylobyjnbsd was my first guess as well, but it's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be a pyralsprite now that I look at it differently.

I hope Hussie ends up selling mom t-shirts, I need a radioactive cat shirt so badly.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

wdarkk posted:

That thing has wings. It is in the air.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I thought the wing was half of a mandible.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

creationist believer posted:

The land pillar represents Derse. It has a smaller pillar that represents Derse's moon that is broken off. There was also a pillar on the frog temple that broke off that represents Prospit and Prospit's moon. See the whole thing here.

Jesus Christ, the details I never notice :psyduck:

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
It took me a minute to get "butler island." It literally is an island of butlers, inhabited by giant centaur butlers. I'm dumb.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Mystic_Squid posted:

It took me a minute to get "butler island." It literally is an island of butlers, inhabited by giant centaur butlers. I'm dumb.

Yeah, I slapped myself upside the forehead as soon as I realized this.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

That is most definitely Dragonmom flying around in the latest page. I can't wait to see how all these FAUNA got to Earth from Alternia.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mystic_Squid posted:

It would just blow my loving mind if the island was actually called Butler Island or something like that in reality. Didn't Hussie have the GPS coordinates somewhere?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Guys, that was just a joke. The island isn't actually named Butler Island (despite the Authours).

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

A good poster posted:

There's gotta be some version of Aurthour out there, possibly the same size, possibly enormous.

Hmmmmmmm.

rokkit
Apr 2, 2010

HoNk hOnK HoNk hOnK HoNk!
Man, those Aurthours really do have to be ENORMOUS, though, if the panel is in any kind of scale, because even the smallest would totally fill the smaller orb of the tower...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

King of Solomon posted:

Guys, that was just a joke. The island isn't actually named Butler Island (despite the Authours).

Still, the joke is one hell of a reference. Will anything not get called back to by the end of the story? I can hardly reread Homestuck already for just falling over things that'd been explained and used for a half-dozen references since the beginning.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Jake literally being a dude on butler island is the best reference yet.

Mazerunner posted:

It would just blow my loving mind if the island was actually called Butler Island or something like that in reality. Didn't Hussie have the GPS coordinates somewhere?

There are GPS coordinates given for John, Jade, and Roses's houses. From what I remember, John's is an actual suburb, Rose's is an actual waterfall, and Jade's is a smudge in Google maps that could be anything.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Okay, so dragon lusus confirmed.
So, if Crabdad is about ten times as big as he was on Alternia and the Arthours are loving humongous (So strong... So magnificent. Need to make a towel run)...

I hate to think how big Gl'bgolyb got.

Cracky fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 1, 2011

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Mystic_Squid posted:

You think they'd be more inclined to serve Jake an ice cold glass of nutritious LUSUS MILK with a thick foamy head on it than to tear him limb from limb?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Cracky posted:

Okay, so dragon lusus confirmed.
So, if Crabdad is about ten times as big as he was on Alternia and the Arthours are loving humongous (So strong... So magnificent. Need to make a towel run)...

I hate to think how big Gl'bgolyb got.
Gl'bgolyb is actually a common aquatic pet in Earth B, only growing to about a foot long in size, two maximum

It is capable of a Mildly Unpleasant Glub, but only if you forget to feed it fishy flakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I just had a thought, maybe there used to be Alternian fauna on the island in B1 but we never saw any because Bec killed them all? Or is this in fact way more retarded than it sounds in my head.