Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Alacron posted:

So I just had a thought, maybe there used to be Alternian fauna on the island in B1 but we never saw any because Bec killed them all? Or is this in fact way more retarded than it sounds in my head.

Or Grandpa killed them all. Jake just hasn't gotten around to it yet :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

creationist believer posted:

Or Grandpa killed them all. Jake just hasn't gotten around to it yet :hellyeah:

Jake lets most of them live in the hopes that they can distract Brobot.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Cracky posted:

Okay, so dragon lusus confirmed.
So, if Crabdad is about ten times as big as he was on Alternia and the Arthours are loving humongous (So strong... So magnificent. Need to make a towel run)...

I hate to think how big Gl'bgolyb got.

How do you know he's ten times as big as he was on Alternia? :crossarms:

The kids have never met the trolls in real life. Maybe the trolls are all ten feet tall!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Cal is the same size in proportion to both the trolls and the kids.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nilbop posted:

The kids have never met the trolls in real life. Maybe the trolls are all ten feet tall!

Andrew explicitly said that humans and trolls are the same size, like two days ago. Keep up dude!

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Nilbop posted:

This theory has been shot down by Hussie several times, including the latest tumblr Q&A session. Several things have existed in both troll and human sessions, most notably Cal, and these objects remain the same relative size to people/trolls. Also, the kids and trolls have met through dream bubbles and such.

Maybe the Arthour and Crabdad we've seen on Alternia were just juvenile?
We even saw in the latest update that Arthours come in several sizes.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

Nilbop posted:

Maybe the trolls are all ten feet tall!

Andrew posted:

Are the trolls bigger than humans?
No. They are the same size.
This was never a good theory. A funny theory maybe. But false. There is a great deal of evidence in the story which contradicts this idea. Citing only one: Cal is the same size relative to both.

as shown here, Crabdad isn't much bigger than Karkat on Alternia

EDIT: MY POST IS THRICE BEATEN gently caress THIS GAY WORLD

kjetting posted:

Maybe the Arthour and Crabdad we've seen on Alternia were just juvenile?

I don't think so - they have to live to maturity, pick a wriggler and bring the wriggler to troll adulthood, so that would give them plenty of time to mature.
I think Jake's island (only place we've seen lusii so far) has some properties that makes both the FLORA and FAUNA grow in abundance.

Cracky fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 1, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It could be a lifespan thing, like lowblood trolls don't live as long so their lusussesss (lusii?) don't have as much time to grow. On one end of the scale you have Tinkerbull and Aradia's kangaroo-ram (:3:) and on the other end you have a totally sweet dragon and Spider-mom and Seagoat and Gl'bgolyb. Our Jake-assaulting crab monster has just had a few more years to mature. Have you seen how big crabs get? Fuckers are juge.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Cracky posted:

I don't think so - they have to live to maturity, pick a wriggler and bring the wriggler to troll adulthood, so that would give them plenty of time to mature.
I think Jake's island (only place we've seen lusii so far) has some properties that makes both the FLORA and FAUNA grow in abundance.

Well, Vriska said that Spidermom was still growing when she was a child. At first she lived in the caves and ate wigglers but eventually she'd get too big and would have to leave, so then Vriska'd have to get food for her. Not really clear if that's just a spider thing, or a high-blood lusii thing or a general thing or what.

Also; Terezi's dragonmom was still an egg? How did they even choose each other I what

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cracky posted:

I hate to think how big Gl'bgolyb got.

I imagine Gl'bgolyb IS the planet, or at least has her myriad tendrils spanning the entire globe.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

Mazerunner posted:

Also; Terezi's dragonmom was still an egg? How did they even choose each other I what

It just communed with her telepathically.
Hey, get out of this cave and go build a house on a tree.
Good dragon, best parent.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Well time to check MSPA a-

Ok this reflects why it was Gamzee's custodian. Here's hoping for a flash!
I still have no clue what is going on what's the deal with all these lusii being FAUNA that live on Jake's island?????

I wonder what his prototypings will be.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

A Spider posted:

Well time to check MSPA a-

Ok this reflects why it was Gamzee's custodian. Here's hoping for a flash!
I still have no clue what is going on what's the deal with all these lusii being FAUNA that live on Jake's island?????

I wonder what his prototypings will be.

It'll be stuffed body parts from a bunch of different types of fauna sewn together.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Hahaha, I only just noticed the smiley face in the water ripples on the first panel of the update.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

FewtureMD posted:

I think that land pillar is supposed to represent a player who is "separate" from the rest for whatever reason. For example, it could be Jake's because he is the only human player (so far) to start off with a dead dream self.

It's Derse silly. :>

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

Okay I can't even measure the size of this one.

It looks like it didn't grow at all!
Also, I don't know how it got from that reservoir to the island, but that's probably what happened.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
More Tinkerbulls! :3:

I'm sure the goat monster is just going to eat them though.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I mean, what if we're all looking at this wrong, and those things aren't native to Alternia, but rather are native to scratched sessions, serving as a measure put into place to toughen up the players in the scratched session and give them a better chance of succeeding?

Like, every time you scratch the session, all these gigantic monsters are seeded on the planet to kind of whip the local race of game-players into shape.

I mean they're bright white, which as we know is kind of a dick color in this story. I wouldn't be surprised if Doc Scratch had something to do with them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

lavhoes posted:

I mean, what if we're all looking at this wrong, and those things aren't native to Alternia, but rather are native to scratched sessions, serving as a measure put into place to toughen up the players in the scratched session and give them a better chance of succeeding?

Like, every time you scratch the session, all these gigantic monsters are seeded on the planet to kind of whip the local race of game-players into shape.

I mean they're bright white, which as we know is kind of a dick color in this story. I wouldn't be surprised if Doc Scratch had something to do with them.

I have one thing to say that disproves this theory.

Tinkerbulls. Herds of 'em. How is that meant to toughen anyone up?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Slime posted:

Oh sure they look harmless, and when they're alone they generally are. But a swarm of them can strip a man to the bone in less than a minute. And look adorable doing it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Slime posted:

Tinkerbulls were put in place to acquaint the players with loss and death.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I think I know how he's going to get past that lusus :3:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Nilbop posted:

I think I know how he's going to get past that lusus :3:

Put your guns away Jake, the only weapons you need here are Pap and Shoosh.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Put your guns away Jake, the only weapons you need here are Pap and Shoosh.

Which, coincidentally, are the names he's given two other pistols.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
I'm not getting Butler Island. Is it just because Aurthor was Equius' butler?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cyrai posted:

I'm not getting Butler Island. Is it just because Aurthor was Equius' butler?
On butler island, it is incredibly likely that you will be served, and quite thoroughly at that.

By a butler.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Just in case this was Cyrai's or anyone else's problem: "getting served like a dude on butler island" is an old Dave thing, hence its application to Bro(bot) here. The presence of fauna resembling Aurthour just adds another element to the joke.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's also a joke that has been made by John and Sollux, it's pretty much just a standard simile that's been repeated to reinforce the canon of the story, as many other things are.

Ketzal posted:

The jungle is the same as the one shown in WV: Ascend and this wallpaper when we see history of the island. Since Grandpa Jake apparently cleared the forest in the B1 universe, I wonder what prevented Jade from doing it in B2. Maybe the lusi monsters were too dangerous? That can't all be pumpkin growth.

It was said in Jake's intro that she was pretty good at gardening, so presumably she didn't need to clear cut the forest to keep it in check. Then she died, and Jake is still only 15.

Mazerunner posted:

It would just blow my loving mind if the island was actually called Butler Island or something like that in reality. Didn't Hussie have the GPS coordinates somewhere?

Butler Island is a little bit colder than Hellmurder Island.

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010
OLIVE GARDEN PART TWO!

:catdrugs:

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/13585722775/land-of-souls-and-olives-a-conclusion-plmfers-part

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Olive garden part 2 everybody:

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/13585722775/land-of-souls-and-olives-a-conclusion-plmfers-part

Edit: ^^^ :stare: I swear we posted this on the same second.

Jewel fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 1, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hussie uploaded the final part of his Olive Garden Story. Apparently they finished up the entire Olive Garden fund by getting drunk as a Mom Lalonde.

E: Oh hell, that's what I get for typing extra words.

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010

This is apparently a venetian sunset. Yep, I can see Ms. Lalonde digging those.

E: Hussie really has a way of making Olive Garden sound unappetizing! I've actually never been to one, and being allergic to wheat means I wouldn't have much point in doing so.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Huhn.

I bet there are at least a few of you who haven't checked out hussies old webcomic stash, and therefore not seen this:

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Scribblettes&cid=scrib/00040.gif

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Man I know Hussie loves his tension building and exposition but I think I am reaching critical impatience with stuff being crazy with no outright payoff. I don't know how I lasted this long in the story with feelings like this. I just miss John again I guess :(

The Olive Garden piece is truly a masterful piece of storytelling. Someone should make a kids book out of it. With gifs, somehow.

Tangentially related to the thread, I played some of Well Manicured Man's music on my radio show I guess! Just kinda hucked it into the playlist and so people in their cars got to hear some barely audible (due to radio compression and whatnot) carnival stuff. Yay! Here's a link to the playlist.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fagtastic posted:

Huhn.

I bet there are at least a few of you who haven't checked out hussies old webcomic stash, and therefore not seen this:

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Scribblettes&cid=scrib/00040.gif
Likewise
http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Scribblettes&cid=scrib/00101.gif

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Jesus Christ. I had to stop reading this because I was losing my poo poo in my 8am class. The "It looked like some tiny flute of nectar you’d give to an elf to make it stop playing tricks on you. " loving killed me.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
The Olive Garden Saga finally comes to an end.

Also

Hikarusa posted:

It'll be stuffed body parts from a bunch of different types of fauna sewn together.

don't even joke about that that is terrifying

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010

Vaah posted:

Jesus Christ. I had to stop reading this because I was losing my poo poo in my 8am class. The "It looked like some tiny flute of nectar you’d give to an elf to make it stop playing tricks on you. " loving killed me.

Hussie probably spikes all his drinks with elf tears.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Just in case this was Cyrai's or anyone else's problem: "getting served like a dude on butler island" is an old Dave thing, hence its application to Bro(bot) here. The presence of fauna resembling Aurthour just adds another element to the joke.

Oh, thanks. Never noticed that was a repeating joke somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Am I just being paranoid, or does anyone else see this? On the second panel of this page, before Goatdad rises to the surface, the waves in the middle make a big :o) Gamzee smiley, no?