Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The most irritating thing in this game is repeatedly flubbing fly/unfly combos in training mode such that they turn into aerial exchanges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dren posted:

The most irritating thing in this game is repeatedly flubbing fly/unfly combos in training mode such that they turn into aerial exchanges.

I agree. It's almost enough to get me to just stop playing fly characters altogether.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

counterspin posted:

Man, check out the crazy number of Austin folks. I might be able to make Sunday. What timish? I'm not very good, and I'll be even worse on a stick, but still sounds like fun.

I might go, but I'd be playing more BlazBlue than Marvel. I haven't actually gone to UFO since the summer. Might be fun.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Dren posted:

When I'm practicing those I get my other two characters killed off so the guy I'm practicing with doesn't switch out.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Fun posted:

When I'm practicing those I get my other two characters killed off so the guy I'm practicing with doesn't switch out.

You are a genius.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

FighterKnuckles posted:

I might go, but I'd be playing more BlazBlue than Marvel. I haven't actually gone to UFO since the summer. Might be fun.

My friend is organizing a BlazBlue tournament this Saturday actually. They just got the harddrive back after the EXTEND update, blaance changes, new chars, etc. If you're interested you might check it out and attend.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12773-BakeBlue-Continuuous-Cupcakes-EXTEND-Austin-Texas-Dec-3rd-Arcade-UFO

I might try to make it but work would require me to be a few hours late. I'll still shoot for Sunday around 7-8PM like I usually do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Crusher posted:

My friend is organizing a BlazBlue tournament this Saturday actually. They just got the harddrive back after the EXTEND update, blaance changes, new chars, etc. If you're interested you might check it out and attend.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12773-BakeBlue-Continuuous-Cupcakes-EXTEND-Austin-Texas-Dec-3rd-Arcade-UFO

I might try to make it but work would require me to be a few hours late. I'll still shoot for Sunday around 7-8PM like I usually do.

Where the hell do you guys park? It is literally a nightmare every time I go.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I just drive back into the neighborhood a block or two. Never had any real problems finding parking.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

If I don't get lucky with some of the UFO parking, I just turn the corner at the speedway market. There's usually something along the curb. Nothing like a brisk 2 minute walk before getting owned at games.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Cuchulain posted:

Steve is loving great. Ultradavid looked so put out by having someone funny next to him. James Chen and Steve are great together. They're quoting Rush Hour. It's so beautiful.

Steve is great, "WHO LET DORMAMMU INTO THE SNOWGLOBE SECTION?"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My game keeps locking up when switching modes or at the character select screen. It's caused me to get downgraded to bronze even though I've only been playing player matches to compensate (who even cares if you ragequit a player match, seriously?)

Think I should get a new disc?

Xbox.
vvv

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 1, 2011

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Vengarr posted:

My game keeps locking up when switching modes or at the character select screen. It's caused me to get downgraded to bronze even though I've only been playing player matches to compensate (who even cares if you ragequit a player match, seriously?)

Jeez, for what system? And yea

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

I enter from University blvd and there is always parking on the curb. Its easy to find around UFO. I might hit up Saturday/Sunday and play some games.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

The Crusher posted:

Yeah, I'll most likely go, sounds like a good time.

Back to Marvel, how does anyone get used to holding a charge shot with Zero using a pad? It seems pretty much impossible for me to do anything offensive and still hold the charge.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

FighterKnuckles posted:

Yeah, I'll most likely go, sounds like a good time.

Back to Marvel, how does anyone get used to holding a charge shot with Zero using a pad? It seems pretty much impossible for me to do anything offensive and still hold the charge.

You might try remapping a shoulder button to Light Attack so you can hold it without cramping pad space.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Vengarr posted:

Xbox.
vvv

I believe 360 has a feature that lets you transfer a game from the disc to your HDD, granted you still have to keep the disc in the machine to play the game, but that's for verification and it'll run off your HDD instead.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...

FighterKnuckles posted:

Assign a trigger to be S and just hold that.

e: efb because I read through threads as well as I play this game

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 2, 2011

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Mr. Fun posted:

This is ultimately not going to help your execution because you're not correcting the inputs that cause an aerial exchange. You're essentially training for the Tour de France with training wheels because you can't stop falling off your bike. Whenever you get to the actual race with no training wheels you'll still fall off because you haven't learned to ride correctly.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I used the left trigger (360) as L to charge Zero's Buster. Lets you use MHS combos just fine.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Bosushi! posted:

This is ultimately not going to help your execution because you're not correcting the inputs that cause an aerial exchange. You're essentially training for the Tour de France with training wheels because you can't stop falling off your bike. Whenever you get to the actual race with no training wheels you'll still fall off because you haven't learned to ride correctly.

It literally doesn't change anything about doing the combo except you don't have to switch characters when you screw up.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Mr. Fun posted:

It literally doesn't change anything about doing the combo except you don't have to switch characters when you screw up.

But you won't know when/if you're screwing up, so if you condition yourself to pull off the flight combo when you potentially would be doing an accidental aerial exchange, it'll mess you up when you do it with multiple characters alive.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...

Mr. Fun posted:

The point of practicing it is so you don't screw up and do the exchange in an actual match. What's not to get here?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Why would you need to switch characters that's what the reset shortcut is for.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Mr. Fun posted:

If someone has a problem mashing buttons and accidentally activates x-factor during a combo, their first action should not be to deactivate x-factor in training mode so they can practice their combos unhindered.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

The Crusher posted:

But you won't know when/if you're screwing up, so if you condition yourself to pull off the flight combo when you potentially would be doing an accidental aerial exchange, it'll mess you up when you do it with multiple characters alive.

I honestly hadn't thought of the situation where you can do an aerial exchange off holding back for too long. My problem was always hitting special too early, so I still get air-special instead of fly.

My mistake folks.

Edit: After testing this, fly seems to come out if you keep holding back before hitting special for a fly command, not an exchange. What situation of a missed input are you guys referring to?

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 2, 2011

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mr. Fun posted:

I honestly hadn't thought of the situation where you can do an aerial exchange off holding back for too long. My problem was always hitting special too early, so I still get air-special instead of fly.

My mistake folks.

I have exactly the same problem and it's crazy frustrating to wait to hard tag the other character back in.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Steve Scott better be commentating WNF from now on. The guy was a riot when he lived here, and ever since he left, STL as a scene got less fun. :(

Dr Slouch
May 8, 2008

Dren posted:

I have exactly the same problem and it's crazy frustrating to wait to hard tag the other character back in.

You don't need to hard tag anybody. You can just press Start+Select (or Start+Back on 360) and reset the training mode. You can even hold down an assist button or hold left or right on the d-pad/stick to start in a corner.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dr Slouch posted:

You don't need to hard tag anybody. You can just press Start+Select (or Start+Back on 360) and reset the training mode. You can even hold down an assist button or hold left or right on the d-pad/stick to start in a corner.

Better practice with the sound off. Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum!

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace

Dren posted:

Better practice with the sound off. Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum! Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Maximum!
First Attack!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dodgeball posted:

I believe 360 has a feature that lets you transfer a game from the disc to your HDD, granted you still have to keep the disc in the machine to play the game, but that's for verification and it'll run off your HDD instead.

Wait...what? I already installed the game to the HDD. It doesn't read off the disc at all if you install it? Granted, that makes sense, but I hadn't thought about that...

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Wait...what? I already installed the game to the HDD. It doesn't read off the disc at all if you install it? Granted, that makes sense, but I hadn't thought about that...

Yeah, most people install games to their 360 just so it doesn't sound like a jet engine. No spinning disk, no reading.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
If you already installed it and its freezing, then uninstall it and try the game normally. Or reinstall it. Or try both.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Anyone up for some matches tonight? I need to take a break from ranked matches.

GT: SlayingEduardo

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dren posted:

Turn the meter refilling off. Set it to however much you need to start the combo, although it's a better practice to set it to 1 or 0 so you can measure how much meter you gain from what you're doing.

Glass Eater posted:

If you already installed it and its freezing, then uninstall it and try the game normally. Or reinstall it. Or try both.
Fate of Two Worlds had a problem where running it off the hard drive resulted in ingame lag spikes. I wouldn't install Ultimate.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Anyone up for some matches tonight? I need to take a break from ranked matches.

GT: SlayingEduardo

It's you! :argh:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is there a metatag for people who are bad at this game and just like playing suboptimal bullshit like theme teams and 3xRandom? Failing that, anybody who like that kinda nonsense can just add me. I like playing MvC but I can't motivate myself to actually practice.

GT: GoodCitizen 3cX

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a metatag for people who are bad at this game and just like playing suboptimal bullshit like theme teams and 3xRandom? Failing that, anybody who like that kinda nonsense can just add me. I like playing MvC but I can't motivate myself to actually practice.

There is this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjPiHyPK7d8ZdHlSWlRJMTQ2LVM4dTlvLWJWS25MS1E&hl=en_US#gid=0 and also the irc in the OP has some players if they're paying attention to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Broken Loose posted:

Fate of Two Worlds had a problem where running it off the hard drive resulted in ingame lag spikes. I wouldn't install Ultimate.

For what it's worth, I installed Ultimate before ever starting it up at all, and it runs just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Good Citizen posted:

Add me because I've lost all but one ranked game I've ever played. If you see me on feel free to send me a challenge!

GT: Skychrono

• Locked thread