Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I hear Karkat's voice as angry Archer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsRIJckjVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I remember someone saying that Gamzee should be autotuned T-pain and I agree with that pretty much 100%

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Chexoid posted:

I remember someone saying that Gamzee should be autotuned T-pain and I agree with that pretty much 100%

I picture Terezi as autotuned T-Pain because of her typing quirk.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Maybe I have a different headcanon? :confused:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Karkat totally sounds like this guy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Factory Factory posted:

Maybe I have a different headcanon? :confused:
This never stops keeping being amazing.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Bro log incoming in 3... 2... 1...

vvv http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/04253.gif
(are those doves?)

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 2, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Pleasant Friend posted:

How do people figure out there will be an update before it's posted? I've seen this elsewhere too. You can't just look a page ahead like you could during the scratch segment. At least I think you can't. It doesn't work for me. :tinfoil:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pleasant Friend posted:

vvv http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/04253.gif
(are those doves?)
Perhaps, or maybe pigeons.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey look somebody already made a ton of fancomics about Bro Strider. Here is one:

e: for some reason they always draw him as a cat, though.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 2, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Bro seems shockingly normal actually. He's like a slightly toned down Dave.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

quote:

GG: Are you saying you have conversations with your own auto-responder?
TT: Of course.
TT: Why do you think I made the thing?

Oh god, Bro is having netsex with his own autoresponder isn't he?

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
Wow, the responder is truly shaping up to be an interesting character.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I hope before the comic is finished, there's a memo with all the human Derse kids. It will just be endless snark, forever.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

Boneless Jogger posted:

I hope before the comic is finished, there's a memo with all the human Derse kids. It will just be endless snark, forever.

The irony levels would reach so high that they would attain MOBIUS DOUBLE REACH-AROUND status.

firestruck fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 2, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Boneless Jogger posted:

This is one of the many chatlog combos I want. Number one for me would be one between Dave, Bro, Davesprite, Broshades and possibly Bro-Dave. And they would ask how loving awesome they are.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't know what would be better, Bro wearing a shirt with a picture of a hat instead of an actual hat like he is, or wearing both.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
In B1, AR briefly put words in Dave's mouth that confused and confounded Dave.

In B2, Bro puts all the words in AR's mouth and AR knows all about it.

Edit: Also, Bro's given name is Dennis. Calling it now.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

TT: Why have you activated dear, sweet Huggy Bear.
TT: I disabled the AR for now.
These things are so common at this point they're scarcely worth mentioning, but, heh, HB and AR. Doi. Like, Hearts Boxcars and Aimless Renegade.
Also Huggy Bear is a Starsky and Hutch character.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It's almost weirding me out now how much more candid Bro seems to be.

(And: of course Poppop's eye got nicked when his head dropped. It was obvious something was going to happen to his eye as soon as he lost his arm, but it should nevertheless be pointed out that it's done now.)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

TT: You don't just make a clone of yourself to live in a dead end existence where it has no chance to thrive as an individual or surpass its limitations.
TT: That'd be sick.
Yeah seriously what kind of gently caress up would do something like that.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Plom Bar posted:

In B1, AR briefly put words in Dave's mouth that confused and confounded Dave.

In B2, Bro puts all the words in AR's mouth and AR knows all about it.

Edit: Also, Bro's given name is Dennis. Calling it now.

That would be a nice reference to Dennis the Menace.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

TT: You don't just make a clone of yourself to live in a dead end existence where it has no chance to thrive as an individual or surpass its limitations.

This had me laughing out loud. Am I a horrible person?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I didn't spot that myself, but yeah it's pretty funny.

I think I like the AR more now for how different it is from Bro; they mostly share the same views and opinions, but that the AR's claims of being all but literally the same person as Bro are rather overstated is kind of a relief. I don't think I could have put up with two characters that were such massive cagey douchebags, nor would it have made any sense for Jake and Bro to be friends if Bro himself acted just like the AR all the time.

Also re-reading the AR logs, Bro seems noticeably more chill. That might just be the AR deliberately antagonising Jake specifically because it knows it can though. No way to tell but wait and see. (I will laugh so hard if it turns out to be because it has a huge robo-crush on Jane.)

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

Seoinin posted:

Yeah seriously what kind of gently caress up would do something like that.

I feel like it should be obvious, but I'm missing this. Who has done this that we know of? Dave and his doomed selves?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Admiral Lasers posted:

I feel like it should be obvious, but I'm missing this. Who has done this that we know of? Dave and his doomed selves?
Pretty much, but I'm guessing it refers to Davesprite in particular.

Which makes sense, since we seem to be getting hints that the new Kids' prototypings will reflect the old Kids' ones: Bro prototyping with the auto-responder already seems to be a popular idea.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Admiral Lasers posted:

All four of these kids are exact ectobiological paradox clones of themselves.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm pretty sure it's a Davesprite reference in particular, even though he wasn't really "created" by the Alpha Dave in any intentional way. Davesprite's always seemed on the cusp of being written out, so the idea that his condition might be relevant enough to comment on more in the future is kind of interesting. Maybe Bro will sympathize with him?

Bro apparently has Dave's stylings and irony but also Rose's sense for psychology. Pre-reset Bro's tendency to challenge Dave to make him stronger has turned into a more general drive to challenge and improve his friends and dig up their flaws. He's also seemed pretty in-control and commanding so far, no evidence yet of if reset-Dave hounds him like pre-reset Bro did to Dave.

Kind of hoping Lalonde can put him in his place, or that the kids when they blow into town will be able to shock and awe the kid-guardians, since he's a little bit of a new character to be so-self assured. Rose and Dave were both paragons of control and confidence (so far as we could tell) from their early conversations, but look where we are now?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Davesprite has basically one of the rawest deals of anyone in the comic, ignoring the people that already died.

Look at it from his perspective.

He starts off as Dave, who already had self-esteem issues ("not a hero", Bro always beats him, etc), and then, in his session, John fucks up royally and dies, leaving Jade with no server player, so she dies, too.

He spends weeks leveling up and collecting information and items, and all this hard works means he can travel backwards in time to save everybody (Remember, at this point in the story, that wasn't something Dave could do yet).

He gets back, saves John, and... nothing.

"His" Rose, Jade, and John are gone. The ones that are there in their places don't consider him the "real" Dave. Just a beta-clone.

He has to stand at the sidelines and watch as everyone surpasses him, even the other Dave.

He tries to go and hang out with his brother, get some guidance, but then Bro is killed before his eyes and Davesprite himself is maimed. He's failed, again.

With nothing better to do, he wanders to the battlefield and finds some momentary solice in another spare player, Jadesprite...until she's stolen away by Jade.

Dude can't have anything.

Now he's just stuck on the shrunken Battlefield, all alone. :smith:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
A family tradition, honored.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was looking for that.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Bobulus posted:

Davesprite has basically one of the rawest deals of anyone in the comic, ignoring the people that already died.

Look at it from his perspective.

He starts off as Dave, who already had self-esteem issues ("not a hero", Bro always beats him, etc), and then, in his session, John fucks up royally and dies, leaving Jade with no server player, so she dies, too.

He spends weeks leveling up and collecting information and items, and all this hard works means he can travel backwards in time to save everybody (Remember, at this point in the story, that wasn't something Dave could do yet).

He gets back, saves John, and... nothing.

"His" Rose, Jade, and John are gone. The ones that are there in their places don't consider him the "real" Dave. Just a beta-clone.

He has to stand at the sidelines and watch as everyone surpasses him, even the other Dave.

He tries to go and hang out with his brother, get some guidance, but then Bro is killed before his eyes and Davesprite himself is maimed. He's failed, again.

With nothing better to do, he wanders to the battlefield and finds some momentary solice in another spare player, Jadesprite...until she's stolen away by Jade.

Dude can't have anything.

Now he's just stuck on the shrunken Battlefield, all alone. :smith:

He did some as-yet-unseen thing with LOHAC's denizen, and got the whole caledflwch out of it, so it's not as if he's completely without recourse or purpose.

That being said, I'm still DYING to know what's up with the denizens. There's a Beta-John floating around in a dreambubble about to show his to Vriska, Jade's been to see hers multiple times, and apparently Davesprite has learned their "true purpose", AND YET WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THEM. This is the plot thread I am most interested in seeing resolved.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Bobulus posted:

Davesprite :smith:

It's interesting to me, the level of pathos Davesprite gets, because I wouldn't mind all that much. If I went back in time to change things, the me from the past would have a place in the world but the me from the future wouldn't. I might not enjoy individual moments of being lonely or dying, but it wouldn't have any existential weight to me, because I was already in the world.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, we know they offer bargains, and those agreements often feature a death-theme.

I imagine that in an unfucked game, they'd be sort of the reward for 'beating' your planet. The 100% completion bonus. If you did all the quests and took all the lessons to heart, you'd be wise and powerful enough to understand their deals and do what needed to be done.

(And if their deal involved you dying, it would a big hint about how you go about unlocking God Tier, instead of being told by Trolls)

Pre-Davesprite Dave just fought his Denizen instead of talking to him, and got nothing.

Davesprite talked to Dave's Denizen, but probably made the wrong choice. (He was given the offer to fix anything and chose the obvious, probably wrong, choice, the sword...which broke again almost immediately)

Most of the trolls just killed their Denizens, assuming they were Boss Monsters, and got nothing out of the deal.

Kanaya talked to her Denizen, but thought the deal was impossible (perhaps doing something that only a Rainbow Drinker could do?) so she never completed her session's Bilious Slick

Jade actually fulfilled her agreement, and seems to be on good terms with her Denizen, so perhaps we'll get some answers there.

One thing's for sure: sburb seems to anticipated John, Jade, Rose, and Dave arriving in this B2 session, what with the 8-planet temple, so probably the Denizens knew they needed to come along to do whatever this new session needs to do, hence the deal they struck with Jade.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Ohgod, what if Bro dies and the AR (via brobot) prototypes him?

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Anyone else hope that we're going to be formally introduced to Bro tomorrow and Mom on Sunday? It's gonna be their birthdays. :3:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Plom Bar posted:

That being said, I'm still DYING to know what's up with the denizens. There's a Beta-John floating around in a dreambubble about to show his to Vriska, Jade's been to see hers multiple times, and apparently Davesprite has learned their "true purpose", AND YET WE STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THEM. This is the plot thread I am most interested in seeing resolved.
I think the Denizens almost certainly going to be A Thing. Despite being God Tier, the Kids still have a bunch of stuff to do when it comes to their own personal quests - Rose especially, John and Dave partially, Jade maybe not so much since she "offscreened" getting the Forge working and stuff.

Rose's lampshading of her abandonment of her quest and suspecting she's lost her chance to complete it suggests she's going to end up completing it in the new universe, if only for the irony value.

And hey, it gives all these godtiers something to do while they're waiting for the new Kids to catch up. Something personal and challenging (given that the quests will presumably be more tests of character than skill) that won't trivialise what the new Kids are doing.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Paul.Power posted:

And hey, it gives all these godtiers something to do while they're waiting for the new Kids to catch up. Something personal and challenging (given that the quests will presumably be more tests of character than skill) that won't trivialise what the new Kids are doing.

It will be no less than three months of weird puzzle poo poo. Place your skull in this slot to overcome fear of death. Pee through the giant clown face to attain enlightenment.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Jazu posted:

It's interesting to me, the level of pathos Davesprite gets, because I wouldn't mind all that much. If I went back in time to change things, the me from the past would have a place in the world but the me from the future wouldn't. I might not enjoy individual moments of being lonely or dying, but it wouldn't have any existential weight to me, because I was already in the world.

The "you" in the past isn't you. He's a separate human being with separate friends and a separate life that does not belong to you. Davesprite tries to claim he's the real Dave too, but you can't share an identity. If Dave had any feelings for Jade it was for a Jade blown up by an asteroid, and if he feels guilt about his best friend's death all his time travel achieved was stopping it from happening to some other guy who's much like him. Worst of all is probably Rose, whom he quasi-killed. Maybe some shred of her remains in this Rose? Who knows.

Davesprite is a glimpse of Dave if all his friends were dead and he was stuck in a world divorced from absolutely everything he knew or cared about, waiting to die and knowing he's destined to do so. It's absolutely the most fatalistic and desperate position someone can be in, to the point that he may well crave death as an escape. Hell, didn't the "real Dave" say as much about himself?

The best outcome for Davesprite is if it turned out all beta-selves from all beta-timelines end up in the dream bubbles, so that when he dies he'll see them again. We've seen beta-John, so maybe that is the case, but short of making a new life as a new person in the here and now there's just not much hope for Davesprite of finding a reason to live.

Frankly I think it's a little nihilistic to think your identity transcends your personal consciousness, not to mention trivializes the lives of those who lived and died in the beta-timelines. Narratively they're not important but that doesn't mean they're not 'actual' lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

It will be no less than three months of weird puzzle poo poo. Place your skull in this slot to overcome fear of death. Pee through the giant clown face to attain enlightenment.

"Please bring me 37 imp tails for 500 boondollars."