Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Sorry to quote myself but:

me, earlier posted:

Anybody who knows anything about ebay:

Is it against the rules to set up an auction with rules like "If this item's bids reach $10, I'll throw in a free [thing], if it reaches $15, I'll also throw in another free [thing] allowed?

Anybody? I'm not trying to pull a scam, I just want to get the most for the stuff I'm selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does anybody know where I can get refills for a Spacetec pen by Diplomat?

(in centimetres)

I've used Google, GIS, and Ebay and see different looking refills than the one I have so I don't know if they fit.

Blenheim
Sep 22, 2010
I have to drive from central Maine to Northeastern University Sunday morning. MapQuest says the drive'll take 3 1/2 hours. I have not driven into Boston before (and will not have an opportunity to do so before Sunday) but have heard the traffic complaints. Is the "3 1/2 hours" quote a filthy lie? (Yeah, I know I need to allow extra travel time in any event.)

Blenheim fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 1, 2011

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Stephen Colbert made a joke last night on The Colbert Report. He said that vodka is the official drink of Easter for the Russians because, "if you down enough of this swill, it will rise again."

I don't get that joke :(

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

the posted:

Stephen Colbert made a joke last night on The Colbert Report. He said that vodka is the official drink of Easter for the Russians because, "if you down enough of this swill, it will rise again."

Probably because Easter is about Jesus rising from the dead or whatever.

My best guess, anyway.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

the posted:

If you drink too much of anything, some of it is bound to rise again and you'll vomit. And then there's the story of Jesus rising again, which is what Easter Sunday is about.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Blenheim posted:

I have to drive from central Maine to Northeastern University Sunday morning. MapQuest says the drive'll take 3 1/2 hours. I have not driven into Boston before (and will not have an opportunity to do so before Sunday) but have heard the traffic complaints. Is the "3 1/2 hours" quote a filthy lie? (Yeah, I know I need to allow extra travel time in any event.)

Sunday early afternoon traffic isn't too bad around here. I'd post the route to the Boston thread and ask for tips/review:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032491

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Whats the best ways to keep unsliced apples fresh? Throw them in the fridge right? (I tried googling this but everyone asks about sliced apples)

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.

the posted:

Maybe he meant Russia will rise again?

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
A

slow crow fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 12, 2013

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
It's well on it's way to being an eastside, but I dunno if it's not that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avocados posted:

Whats the best ways to keep unsliced apples fresh? Throw them in the fridge right? (I tried googling this but everyone asks about sliced apples)

Paper bag in a cool, dry place.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I need to not post before I have had coffee.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

RaoulDuke12 posted:

It's well on it's way to being an eastside, but I dunno if it's not that.

Im pretty sure that was the sign he specifically used for Murder Inc. (oh, 90's :allears:). As far as that other dude, I dont know, maybe he really likes shockers that much (or its just a surprise camera shot and they chose the photo of him chunking deuces before he got his pinky down)

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
Is Birth Control covered on American Welfare?
I know this is a general question, but I'm referring to TANF and possibly medicaid.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ridonkulous posted:

Is Birth Control covered on American Welfare?
I know this is a general question, but I'm referring to TANF and possibly medicaid.

TANF is retrievable as cash so you could pay for it with that.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Blenheim posted:

No. That's right for this time of year unless there is construction.
Just make sure you take 95 (the Turnpike) instead of 295 or traffic sometimes comes to a complete stop around the airport in South Portland, especially since the shopping mall is right there, everything gets bottlenecked when people are exiting/entering the mall, going to the airport, (and going to and from work at the same time, but not on Sunday). There are also more frequent accidents there.
I've made it from Augusta to that very area in Boston in well under 3.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

SlightButSteady posted:

Does anybody know where I can get refills for a Spacetec pen by Diplomat?

(in centimetres)

I've used Google, GIS, and Ebay and see different looking refills than the one I have so I don't know if they fit.

If you know German you could ask the source
http://www.diplomat-pen.de/index.php?id=6

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Are there newspapers and publications with levels of quality similar to the Economist and the New York Times you all would recommend for alternative perspectives? Foreign publications are especially welcomed. :)

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Hopefully this is just a small question, and not a stupid one. I have a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, and it says it makes 4 cups. Now, I may have terrible spatial reasoning, but it certainly doesn't appear to be making 32oz of coffee. What definition of "cup" is it using? From whence does this "cup" come?

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Doc Faustus posted:

Hopefully this is just a small question, and not a stupid one. I have a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, and it says it makes 4 cups. Now, I may have terrible spatial reasoning, but it certainly doesn't appear to be making 32oz of coffee. What definition of "cup" is it using?
I just noticed recently in the instructions for my 42-cup "Urn" that it was 6 oz. cups.

quote:

From whence does this "cup" come?
I guess maybe just in the informal sense of "cup of coffee". A cup could be any size when you are referring to a vessel, rather than a measurement.
But I think the reasoning behind that particular 6 oz. measurement would be that someone might add up to 2 ounces of other liquids and sweeteners to it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

OrangeGuy posted:

Are there newspapers and publications with levels of quality similar to the Economist and the New York Times you all would recommend for alternative perspectives? Foreign publications are especially welcomed. :)

I think the Guardian is great but I'm a massive massive fanboy so grain of salt and all that.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Doc Faustus posted:

Hopefully this is just a small question, and not a stupid one. I have a Mr. Coffee coffee maker, and it says it makes 4 cups. Now, I may have terrible spatial reasoning, but it certainly doesn't appear to be making 32oz of coffee. What definition of "cup" is it using? From whence does this "cup" come?

I've noticed this too. Mr. Coffee seems to think that a cup is 5 fl. oz.

e: already beaten, but it's really frustrating that they take a standard unit measurement that has an exact definition and use it to mean something else. You see this with "pint glasses" that can barely hold a 12 fl oz pour + head.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Doc Faustus posted:

Some coffee makers these days deem a cup to be 5 or 6 ounces, so 20-24 ounces total for four cups.

Very Strange Things posted:

But I think the reasoning behind that particular 6 oz. measurement would be that someone might add up to 2 ounces of other liquids and sweeteners to it.
Good point!

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
B

slow crow fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 12, 2013

Cpt Nigel
Sep 8, 2011
I can't work out where i saw this. There is a movie or tv show where the main character says "nuh ahh" a bunch of times while complaining about things. It's stupid but I can't work out what it was.

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

I'm looking for a confession transcript between a murderer and 2 detectives. This was posted a few years ago.

The murderer lived in an apartment complex and had this underaged female neighbor. She comes over to hang out some times. One day she comes over and he hits the back of her head with a blunt object - thinking she would pass out instantly but she doesn't. He continues hitting her and she kept saying "I'm sorry!". He eventually suffocates her and then cuts her head off in his bath tab. He also noticed he had an erection while doing all this. During(or after) his confession, he throws up while talking to these detectives.

Anyone know anything that could lead me to this transcript?

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Dr. Video Games 0089 posted:

All I can remember is that it was emphasized that the girl had red hair and that the guy had planned it for some time.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

I'm looking for a confession transcript between a murderer and 2 detectives. This was posted a few years ago.

The murderer lived in an apartment complex and had this underaged female neighbor. She comes over to hang out some times. One day she comes over and he hits the back of her head with a blunt object - thinking she would pass out instantly but she doesn't. He continues hitting her and she kept saying "I'm sorry!". He eventually suffocates her and then cuts her head off in his bath tab. He also noticed he had an erection while doing all this. During(or after) his confession, he throws up while talking to these detectives.

I remember this - she was 9 I think, and came over to play with his pet rat. She did have red hair as well. I can't remember her name though :/

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I pay for my own domain through Hostgator, and I want to use it for a game server. Is there any way to do that?

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

I remember this too. His last name was Underwood or Eastwood or something like that.

Edit: His name is Kevin Ray Underwood. I can only find articles saying his transcript was released so far, but I know it's out there.

Robin Sparkles fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 2, 2011

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Underwood killer was big on the news here in OK for a while. Remember the thread here and guess what? I still have the pdf transcript.

http://www.uploadking.com/4MN6PBC6UJ

Wasn't he a goon? Or at least suspected to be? And possibly into foreign cartoons?
edit: ED says yes.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 2, 2011

Aizen
Dec 24, 2006
I like making love to mother.

Huntersoninski posted:

Anybody who knows anything about ebay:

Is it against the rules to set up an auction with rules like "If this item's bids reach $10, I'll throw in a free [thing], if it reaches $15, I'll also throw in another free [thing] allowed?

I'm preeeetty sure it's not. I remember seeing something similar, where the seller would offer any one of [free gifts] if you bought any of their stuff. They were one of those power sellers or whatever you call them too (like, an actual store, probably based in China, not just one person). You could also ask in eBay's answer center or give them a call.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Directorman posted:

I pay for my own domain through Hostgator, and I want to use it for a game server. Is there any way to do that?

Not on their shared hosting, you'd need a dedicated server or VPS for something like that.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/pre-sales-questions/compatible-technologies

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Not on their shared hosting, you'd need a dedicated server or VPS for something like that.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/pre-sales-questions/compatible-technologies

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What is the best generation of Easy Bake Oven, in terms of overall utility and durability? Like if we wanted to get one for a coworker as a joke (but also to actually have her bake stuff for the office every so often).

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I am pretty sure all easy bake ovens are nothing more than a metal box with an incandescent light bulb as a heating element that makes things slightly larger than a cupcake. Just how big is this office they will be occasionally baking for?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone make a taxes mega-thread in A/T for small tax questions at the start of the year? I have some minor questions that I'd like to ask but I don't want to get hassled by someone at H&R block or by a tax accountant until I know how to describe what I'm asking.

Also, here's the main question: I went to grad school to get a master's degree in managing IT while being employed full-time in IT. Shouldn't my grad school be some sort of write-off since it was education for my job? I know a nurse won her lawsuit with the IRS last year that let her essentially not pay taxes while getting her MBA (it was kind of a big story), but that was a general management degree. My degree actually says "Information Technology" on it.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Try here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tadashi posted:

Does anyone make a taxes mega-thread in A/T for small tax questions at the start of the year? I have some minor questions that I'd like to ask but I don't want to get hassled by someone at H&R block or by a tax accountant until I know how to describe what I'm asking.

Tax thread is a sticky in Business and Finance.