Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Have you gu tried adding it to your instant queue on the capital device first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Yeah, this has to be some kind of bug because any device we use works just fine. The Wii did have us download an update for the Netflix software recently, though--maybe they're still working the kinks out of some sort of system-wide software modification?

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*
By the way, that Wii update blows. Netflix on Wii used to have teh snappy, but the update is an order of magnitude slower. Animations stutter and scrolling through movies takes 1-2 seconds for each button press.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Prof. Numbers posted:

By the way, that Wii update blows. Netflix on Wii used to have teh snappy, but the update is an order of magnitude slower. Animations stutter and scrolling through movies takes 1-2 seconds for each button press.

Thank you! The new update blows! Everything's all jittery and takes an extra beat or two to load. What the gently caress, Netflix? What. The. gently caress.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Thanks to whoever recommended Burn Notice. That show is great!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Burn Notice is awesome!

And now it's time to go watch Heathers because god drat I love this movie.

edit : SO MANY SHOULDERPADS

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Go watch The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down

quote:

A satirical homage to high school educational films of the 1970s, this indie comedy is a how-to guide for Los Angeles hipsters looking to party, get smashed and hook up. Need to know how to rid yourself of your one-night stand? Or how to tell time in "drug-dealer time"? Then this is the movie for you.
It is really clever and funny, if a bit raunchy. I loved it. Don't be put off by the title, go watch it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Prof. Numbers posted:

MrGreenShirt posted:

Thank you! The new update blows! Everything's all jittery and takes an extra beat or two to load. What the gently caress, Netflix? What. The. gently caress.

No kidding. It's pretty terrible all around. I especially hate having to hide the Wii remote from the sensor bar while I'm watching something (if it's pointed at the sensor bar, the huge progress bar thing takes up a third of the screen).

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Tailwhoop posted:

It's a bug. It happens. It will be fixed in the near future. (Netflix, a "gently caress you" in advance if you make me eat my words.)

AFAIK The xbox 360 app is all microsoft, so it very well might have jack poo poo to do with Netflix.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

Is it possible that theres a licensing issue? When netflix originally came out on 360 I think Sony titles were blocked from playing on it but you could watch them on your computer.

Random Nightfall
Sep 7, 2011

I'm tired. It excuses everything.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Yeah, the fast forwarding is immensely broken. Sometimes it just shows black boxes for all the stills, and as you say it jitters when you resume playing and is in general freaky and hard to use now. I don't get why they even touched this part. It worked fine.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rurea posted:

Go watch The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down

It is really clever and funny, if a bit raunchy. I loved it. Don't be put off by the title, go watch it.

There were some real gems in that movie such as the bouncer seniority marking.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I'm rewatching Cop Land, a pretty underrated movie in my book. Full of good actors, even Stallone brings his A-game to this film.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
If no one here has seen The Hebrew Hammer then there is something wrong with your life that you need to fix.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

me your dad posted:

I don't think this has been posted.

The National Geographic movie, Life in a Day is on now. It's incredibly compelling and I would love to have an entire channel like this.

Saw that last night. Wasn't expecting a whole lot but drat it's good.

e: Just saw Page one: Inside the New York Times, a fascinating look at the process of writing about WikiLeaks, the wars, the Tribune bankruptcy, etc. I love what a crank David Carr is.

Saint Sputnik has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Dec 4, 2011

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Looks like the first and only season of Terriers just got added. I've heard enough good things about the show so I'll be watching it as soon as I finish watching the second season of The League.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sarah Silverman Program Season 3 just went up. I don't care how irrational goons get about Sarah Silverman, I think it's funny and the show has enough Mr. Show alums to keep me entertained.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Goldeneye is up on instant, as well as The World is Not Enough. I'm sure most of you grew up watching these like me if you were a kid during the N64 007 era.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
It seems that both Black Books and Spaced are now on Instant. So if you enjoy some entertaining British comedy then I'd say definitely check those out. I honestly didn't know that the same guy created Father Ted, Black Books, and the IT Crowd.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Jackass 2 is up

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Niggurath posted:

It seems that both Black Books and Spaced are now on Instant. So if you enjoy some entertaining British comedy then I'd say definitely check those out. I honestly didn't know that the same guy created Father Ted, Black Books, and the IT Crowd.

Don't forget that Bill Bailey is in it.

Now I know what to spend my time on when I'm done with the last three seasons of Burn Notice. :dance:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
New to Watch Instantly just today:
Fireplace For Your Home

quote:

Suitable for any time of the year, Fireplace For Your Home includes our famous old-fashioned, wood-burning fireplace, as well as a natural crackling yule log fireplace all set to Christmas holiday favorites.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

BeeZee142 posted:

If you need a film to watch with your parents and they're all "Let's watch a Christmas movie!*!~~~!!", then you should watch Nativity! It's with Martin Freeman and is a British movie about a teacher putting on a school nativity play to sorta try and win back his old girlfriend. It's really great and a nice change of pace from normal "CHRISTMAS!" movies. (It's also better than all the ABC Family Christmas crap that they have on Netflix at the moment.) Check it out. A bit warm and fuzzy for the typical goony tastes, but very very funny.

I watched this with my wife last night. It's like the British Christmas 'School of Rock'. It's not going to win any awards for originality, but it was fun and had some really funny moments. We enjoyed it a lot.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I don't imagine too many people here are still going to want to watch it, but The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is up on instant now, for anyone that wants to revisit their childhood, or wants to revisit Sonic themed PSAs! :v:

edit: Totally plan on watching it when I have the time. Will it be as good as when I was young? Doubt it, but still watching it like I did the Super Mario Super Show.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math

cheerfullydrab posted:

New to Watch Instantly just today:
Fireplace For Your Home

The best part about this is that it's two whole episodes - regular fireplace and Yule log.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Drei posted:

The best part about this is that it's two whole episodes - regular fireplace and Yule log.
It's a miniseries! I do wonder if they have different music.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
What the gently caress. Netflix was awesome to navigate on 360. Now it sucks hard. gently caress you microsoft. Bitch.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

What the gently caress. Netflix was awesome to navigate on 360. Now it sucks hard. gently caress you microsoft. Bitch.

I like it. Quicker and now has descriptions.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Homeybeef posted:

Looks like the first and only season of Terriers just got added. I've heard enough good things about the show so I'll be watching it as soon as I finish watching the second season of The League.

I'm three episodes into Terriers and it's loving awesome. Sucks that there is only one season though.

Niggurath posted:

If you haven't watched any British comedy at least do yourself the favor of watching Black Books. That and Spaced have been on hulu for a while now, about time it got on netflix.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Sounds like the problems I've been having with Netflix on my Wii since the last update, and the slow, laggy, taking forever to load anything piece of poo poo it's become. Goddamnit I don't care that it's safe for kids now, give me back my smooth streaming!

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Came to post about Black Books. I've only seen a few episodes but I'm so happy to be able to watch the rest of this.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I watched Revenge the other night and really enjoyed it. Samurai movies rock.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Four words:
Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

wormil posted:

You're out of your mind. Try navigating one of the SNL dvd's. There aren't titles so I have to scroll through literally 5 pictures at a time out of 200 something to find the host. You know, because there is no episode title text. It also doesn't show which episodes I have already seen.

Yea, lets remove features please.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

loving hell, 13 Assassins is good. I know most people don't like slow action movies but the payoff at the end... holy smokes.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Logan 5 posted:

If you haven't watched any British comedy at least do yourself the favor of watching Black Books. That and Spaced have been on hulu for a while now, about time it got on netflix.

How can you recommend British comedy and not mention Red Dwarf?

"Lost in deep space aboard the gigantic mining ship Red Dwarf, hopelessly lazy technician Dave, the last human left in the entire universe, attempts to find a way back to Earth with his dead crewmate's hologram and a feline life-form by his side."

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

wormil posted:

Try to do a Party viewing of anything on Netflix. I'll wait.

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

You're out of your mind. Try navigating one of the SNL dvd's. There aren't titles so I have to scroll through literally 5 pictures at a time out of 200 something to find the host. You know, because there is no episode title text. It also doesn't show which episodes I have already seen.

Yea, lets remove features please.

There's episode title text and it does show which episodes you've seen. I'm not sure what you're on about.

My gripe is movie navigation speed. It's slow. and laggy. Triggers don't do anything anymore and there is a slight lag after some of the flicks of the analog stick. Pretty annoying. Other than that, I like it. Actually, my biggest gripe is that, whenever I log off of netflix in the middle of an episode or movie and come back to continue, it doesn't start back where I left off. It's remarkably irritating.

Edit: I do have a friend that claims he outright can't watch movies, so that's a major concern if it's a common issue.

Tailwhoop has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Dec 7, 2011

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The left and right bumper scroll to the left and right. I Don't like the new look but I do like how you can select the next episode of a show without backing out into the netflix menu again (possibly any episode? haven't messed with it yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

loving hell, 13 Assassins is good. I know most people don't like slow action movies but the payoff at the end... holy smokes.

Seconding this. Very good movie, if you liked this watch Seven Samurai. It used to be available on Instant but I'm not sure if it is anymore. If you can put up with the black and white it's also an awesome movie.

• Locked thread