Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
I'm pretty sure that the Denizens, at least Jade's, purposefully were setting up for an 8 player session in B2, because of Jade's deal with Echinda to take all the kids' planets with her. Maybe its some plan by the Denizens to escape from the whole Lord English loop? I look forward to learning more about them, and to actually getting to see them. The Denizens are second only to Dad in my list of Homestuck things I wanna know more about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Dolash posted:

The "you" in the past isn't you.

What are you, Karkat?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I have to say you're overstating it a little, Dolash. I mean if you're in a Davesprite situation it's true that whatever made you go back hasn't really "un-happened" (your presence is proof of that) and you and your friends have been superseded by other instances who get to live their lives from that point forward without whatever catastrophe you averted, but they are still the same people. Up to the point of divergence, everything they were, did, and experienced was exactly the same.

It's just that you remember what happened to them on the other branch, and you don't get to be the main you anymore. There's this other person who is exactly who you were a while ago, with friends who are exactly who your friends were a while ago. This is inherently alienating and awkward, especially if alpha timeline bullshit pushes you into a "lesser" role like Davesprite's, but it's not a complete separation from everything that ever mattered to you.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Renaissance Robot posted:

It will be no less than three months of weird puzzle poo poo. Place your skull in this slot to overcome fear of death. Pee through the giant clown face to attain enlightenment.

Reflect on a lifetime spent peeing.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Homestuck the book needs those little flip-between-pages things they did in the Captain Underpants books.

Also, I kind of hope we don't see the denizens ever, I like having at least one type of creature in this universe that has a mysteriousness that transcends aesthetics.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

snucks posted:

Homestuck the book needs those little flip-between-pages things they did in the Captain Underpants books.

Also, I kind of hope we don't see the denizens ever, I like having at least one type of creature in this universe that has a mysteriousness that transcends aesthetics.

Even if we see the denizens, you will always have the squiddle girls to fill the enigmatic gap in your life. That poo poo ain't never gettin explained.

e/ vv Wasn't that just a minion? In any case, I'm interested to see what the guardians get. Maybe something from this subset in order to contrast with the kids, that is: the human guardians get denizens named for the children of the denizens belonging to their ectobiological children.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 3, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Well we already saw Typhus, but the others are still up in the air.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

We also have a pretty good idea what Echidna looks like from her statue.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Thundarr posted:

We also have a pretty good idea what Echidna looks like from her statue.

Was that a statue? I was under the impression it was literally a frozen Echidna

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where did we see Typhus? Also, that seems like a misspelling to me for some reason. :raise:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Unless I'm sorely mistaken we never saw Typheus, as far as we know. ("Typhus" is typhoid fever.)

What we saw is a) a big taxidermied "Typheus minion" wormy creature in Jade's house, b) various wells and things emitting windy Typheus noises and c) beta John waving at his offscreen memory of Typheus while explaining matters to Vriska. (Also John's browser icon, I guess.)

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I was under the impression that the stuffed creature in Jade's house was literally Typheus seeing as it matched the icon for the web browser with the same name.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Talorat posted:

I was under the impression that the stuffed creature in Jade's house was literally Typheus seeing as it matched the icon for the web browser with the same name.

Hamilton Bicycle already said this, but Jade said in one of her pesterlogs that Grandpa called it Typheus' minion.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I was not aware that "Homestuck" is a distinct taggable genre on Tindeck now. :geno:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I was not aware that "Homestuck" is a distinct taggable genre on Tindeck now. :geno:

It has been for a while, now. I think it's because Homestuck is severely oversaturating the place.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

King of Solomon posted:

It has been for a while, now. I think it's because Homestuck is severely oversaturating the place.

I think roughly half of everything on Tindeck is made up of Homestuck voice acting auditions for various fan projects.

FutureSushi posted:

Tangentially related to the thread, I played some of Well Manicured Man's music on my radio show I guess! Just kinda hucked it into the playlist and so people in their cars got to hear some barely audible (due to radio compression and whatnot) carnival stuff. Yay! Here's a link to the playlist.

I just noticed this and it makes me feel kinda :blush:

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Dolash posted:

The best outcome for Davesprite is if it turned out all beta-selves from all beta-timelines end up in the dream bubbles, so that when he dies he'll see them again. We've seen beta-John, so maybe that is the case, but short of making a new life as a new person in the here and now there's just not much hope for Davesprite of finding a reason to live.

This has always been a very confusing part to me. When you first realize that we're looking at Beta-John, the first thing I thought was that the dream bubbles are effin' CROWDED. But looking at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005810, which looks an awful lot like Bec Noir's flames, and looking at how Beta-John was burned, I can't help but wonder whether time shenanigans were involved.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I've seen a lot of people trying to explain the existence of UU, but I haven't seen much discussion anywhere about who the first guardian of earth could possibly be! I don't know if I can get down with the idea of UU being the first guardian until we see some evidence. Remember that if Jade and the troll's asteroid come to the earth or the new session as planned, there is no limit to the possibilities for the FG's identity! It isn't Becquerel again, because the meteor carrying the trolls' FG wasn't copied the way the others were. The agents of Prospit and Derse will create the FG, possibly under the manipulations of others as before. Who will it be? I can only guess. But one thing is for sure: he/she is already here.

Putting myself in my "what would I do if I were Andrew Hussie" thinking mode, I quickly came up with what I consider a fairly possible answer!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Karkat is Fragmaster? That sorta works.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
Everyone is wrong. This is John and Karkat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcGKHC0Rh8&list=LLjU3CWTeBTD8oLCwpfjSxnA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Captain Greed
Mar 12, 2010
'Derrick' in that video looks more like someone I knew in highschool than anyone else I've ever seen.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

:siren: Books in the store

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

MrBims posted:

Putting myself in my "what would I do if I were Andrew Hussie" thinking mode, I quickly came up with what I consider a fairly possible answer!

Except neither Vriska's body nor her magic 8 balls are in universe B2.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Except neither Vriska's body nor her magic 8 balls are in universe B2.

Read again!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

FebrezeNinja posted:

:siren: Books in the store

Mother

loving

BROUGHT!

I have never brought anything so quick in my life! The shipping though :gonk:

I would by the third Problem Sleuth book as well but again the shipping put me off. Like, what the hell, topato?

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
Ordered a copy for me and my sister. The layout that I can see from the preview picture looks pretty interesting.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
There's no way to get the combo deal with doodles, like when PS1&2 came out. :negative:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheRagamuffin posted:

There's no way to get the combo deal with doodles, like when PS1&2 came out. :negative:

I only found this out after ordering the four pack. I feel your pain.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I feel like I got rewarded for taking a shift on my day off :unsmith:
I even get a little doodle, I hope I get Spades Slick he's my favorite :allears:
In all seriousness, I'm very curious as to how it'll all look and compare. I'm mostly excited for the author notes, but I've always been that rear end in a top hat who watches the commentary.
edit: late on the shipping cost bus, but is it just because it's Christmas time or what? That would make sense, but drat was that a hefty sum (so worth it).

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 3, 2011

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Shipping costs. :negative:

It's like they have to move this stuff across an ocean or something.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

I feel like I got rewarded for taking a shift on my day off :unsmith:
I even get a little doodle, I hope I get Spades Slick he's my favorite :allears:
In all seriousness, I'm very curious as to how it'll all look and compare. I'm mostly excited for the author notes, but I've always been that rear end in a top hat who watches the commentary.
edit: late on the shipping cost bus, but is it just because it's Christmas time or what? That would make sense, but drat was that a hefty sum (so worth it).

Aw hell, I didnt even notice the doodle option until I placed an order for the 4-pack. Maybe it'll be complimentary... :saddowns:

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)
I've decided to take this opportunity to buy allllllll the books ::::). Only cost me about $75 inc. shipping, too. I eagerly anticipate their arrival!

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Whoops, it looks like thirty bucks just flew out of my pocket. Wonder where that went.

Though I am awfully curious as to when we're getting our hands on these. Am I stupid and it's indicated somewhere?

(I am probably stupid.)

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)

marsattacks posted:

Whoops, it looks like thirty bucks just flew out of my pocket. Wonder where that went.

Though I am awfully curious as to when we're getting our hands on these. Am I stupid and it's indicated somewhere?

(I am probably stupid.)

From what I've seen on the site, it takes 1-4 days to prep it for shipping, then however long it takes depends on your shipping method of choice.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ordered!

I got Hussie-graffiti'd Homestuck Vol.1 and Problem Sleuth Vol.3 for myself, and a copy of Problem Sleuth Vol.1 for a friend who is having a hard time understanding Homestuck. Perhaps he would absorb it better in book form.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Ugh, so much money :(
It pains me to say this, but I'm probably just going to wait. Hopefully a special deal will be available in about a year where I can get several books at once at a discount like what's being offered now. But I already have Problem Sleuth 1 and 2, so it doesn't make sense to do that at the moment.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I have decided to finally get my credit card under control and to stop impulse buying anything that takes even my slightest fancy on the interneAHAHAHA WHO AM I KIDDING drat NEAR $200 ON FOUR COMIC BOOKS SHIPPED TO AUSTRALIA AND THUS I WILL HAVE ALL OF THE MSPAINT ADVENTURES ALL OF THEM.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want the doodled version so bad. But I don't want to spend so much... :(

For content: What do people think of what we can see of formatting? The 1st act was probably the simplest and easiest by far to work with. Wonder how much editting it's gotten from the webcomic's "unedited draft".

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 3, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
List of Homestuck, Book 1 changes from the rough draft:

-Fixed a widespread continuity error where Zoosmell was referred to as "John"
-For reasons of space, and in concern for length of future volumes, Zoosmell is now the only character
-Except Vriska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If each book ends up being an act, Book 5 will be about as many pages as The Lord of the Rings unless Andrew does some serious trimming. I'd expect a lot of Hivebent to be condensed, along with probably some of the Scratch section.

Also wondering how Andrew's going to tackle the walkaround flashes. But that isn't going to happen for a while.