Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Aladdin posted:

I don't think the tier list is fair because it's hard to account for synergy when paired with other commentators, as is the nature of the game. One may have high knowledge but not great hype ability, but when paired with the right person, can create an unstoppable force. Consider the teams, people.

Steve/Chen is a pretty good team. Steve's funny quote assist is great for making rambling safe, since its recovery takes forever. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Interesting amount of James Chen/Ultradavid hate. I've always enjoyed their commenting, so I'm curious as to what you guys don't like about them.

Also Skisonic is totally S tier. So are Chen and Ultradavid in my book. :colbert:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Interesting amount of James Chen/Ultradavid hate. I've always enjoyed their commenting, so I'm curious as to what you guys don't like about them.

Also Skisonic is totally S tier. So are Chen and Ultradavid in my book. :colbert:
I like Chen and UltraDavid a lot; I just prefer when they commentate with other people rather than each other.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
The correct commentating solution is to have S-Kill and Skisonic in the "booth", with Yipes onstage somewhere on the house mic yelling loud enough to be clearly heard on the stream.

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nerokerubina posted:

The correct commentating solution is to have S-Kill and Skisonic in the "booth", with Yipes onstage somewhere on the house mic yelling loud enough to be clearly heard on the stream.

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Yeah, pretty much.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Nerokerubina posted:

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

I still like to think Spooky did that on purpose. He's always looking out for his stream monsters :allears:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm just now watching Big Two matches, and holy poo poo I'm in love with Dieminion's Joe/Strange/Morrigan team. Strange's assists are much better than I initially gave them credit for I think!

Edit: And on a commentary note, Spooky is one of my favorite commentators. Especially now that he's weaned off saying godlike so often.

Dj Meow Mix fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 3, 2011

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Parallax Scroll posted:

If you like commentary, best WNF yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/301399039

Thanks for linking this, it made my day. There was some sick Spider Man stuff early in that set, I might try him out later.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I still like to think Spooky did that on purpose. He's always looking out for his stream monsters :allears:

I actually was at evo and was literally on the complete other side of the (huge as gently caress) conventional hall playing king of fighters and yipes was still loud and clear and hype as gently caress. Best.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

RageBeef posted:

j.MMH Soul Fist H Fly adf j.HS land cr.H F+H j.MMH Soul Fist H Fly adf j.HS land cr.HS sj.MMH Shadow Blade H

You can do three repetitions of this loop? :psyduck:

Do you have any videos of this being performed? I really want to see if I should put the effort into learning this because it's way more complicated for unknown amounts of damage. Meter gain would be significantly higher with 3-4 specials in it though.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

OGS-Remix posted:

You can do three repetitions of this loop? :psyduck:

Do you have any videos of this being performed? I really want to see if I should put the effort into learning this because it's way more complicated for unknown amounts of damage. Meter gain would be significantly higher with 3-4 specials in it though.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, the combo incorporates two F+H followups so the full combo would look something like this:

St.L cr.MH F+H j.MMH Soul Fist H Fly adf j.HS land cr.H F+H j.MMH Soul Fist H Fly adf j.HS land cr.HS sj.MMH Shadow Blade H xx Finishing Shower(Mash)

I can't remember of the top of my head but I think it does ~600K fully mashed out and builds about 1 1/4 bars, takes the opponent from midscreen to corner, and if you're positioned correctly can follow up the super with S and go into Shadow Servant to boost the damge to ~725K damage for two bars total. I haven't looked around to see if there is a combo that does more damage than that for similar meter usage but this is as high as I've gotten Morrigan's damage output to go so far. If you think that might be a little too complicated and can't pull it off reliably I also found a variation of that combo that's a bit easier to execute but does about 20K less damage:

St.L cr.MH F+H j.MH delay S land cr.H F+H j.MH delay S land cr.HS sj.MMH Shadow Blade H xx Finishing Shower(Mash)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I know there are some Felicia players in here (or people like me that have heard guys like Justin Wong say she's really good in this game). Here's the first footage I've seen put up of a top-level player using her: ShadyK played Felicia/Doom/Sentinel in a NorCal tourney on Thursday, and made it to grand finals to play against Chrisis' Viper/Firebrand/Strider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsgP8enk2k

doctor/prostitute
Sep 30, 2004

You really ought to lock that down

Boxman posted:

Holy poo poo, that's disgusting. I'm glad that at least Ross and Gootecks didn't join in, but I'm still a little sad they didn't call him out on it. Just a simple "hey there's no need for that poo poo" would have been pretty amazing.

Also, with commentator chat, the worst thing about Quotes is when someone on the stream tells him to start talking about the game rather than whatever dumb poo poo he's talking about, and since he doesn't know how to commentate, he just does straight description in a :smug: voice thinking he's showing why play by play is dumb.

EDIT: more game chat. Help me fill in the blanks. XXXXXX/Wesker (gunshot)/ Doom (XXX). I'm strongly leaning Wolverine and plasma beam, but other ideas include Dante and Vergil, all also with beam, or run a pseudo clockw0rk team and do dog with missiles...or dog with beam. I can toy with things until I feel comfortable, but am I missing anyone interesting on that point slot? I've considered dorm, but I just think this team is too meter hungry to sustain him.

Honestly I think Wesker and Doom are the two strongest characters in the game overall at this point, you could pick basically any character you want and have an incredibly strong, rounded team. Fwiw I run Hawkeye/Vergil/Wesker or Vergil/Hawkeye/Wesker so I can say Vergil would work well, I use Hawkeye's triple arrow so obviously Doom's plasma beam would give you the same cover on his mixups which is important because almost everything Vergil does is ridiculously unsafe.

Spencer would also be a very good choice, I played ~50 games with one of our local players running Wesker (gunshot)/Doom (Missiles)/Spencer (Up-grapple) a few days ago and that team is just disgusting. Spencer's assist gives tons of combo and reset opportunities since it always stuns them for a set amount of time and leaves them standing right next to you, and since all 3 characters are great on point and have good assists you can run it in basically any order you like. He mainly ran Spencer last because he's his best character I think, but you could easily switch it up and put Spencer on point without reducing the team's effectiveness at all since the 3 of them have such great synergy. With all the buffs he got on top of already being a good character Spencer is definitely vying for top tier in ultimate - bionic arm is as fantastic as ever and he's one of the only (the only?) characters to retain an unscaled special move (his L grapple followup always hits for 80,000 damage, no matter how far into the combo you hit it, and you can get 4-5 at least in one combo with assists) which makes his damage output, solo or with assists, up there with the best in the game. The fact that he can't DHC glitch any more has not remotely impacted his ability to wipe out a character in 1 combo, it's terrifying.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Just in case you needed any more convincing that Spencer/Wesker/Doom is loving monstrous, here's a video of that exact team killing the poo poo out of a bunch of high-health characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgqDUyPHNw&feature=plcp&context=C207c3UDOEgsToPDskJ9Ko5RD4pdxY0k7ZDAPF28

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bosushi! posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU378JRzsuU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The running sets he did with the female SF4 player was awkward as hell too.

I don't get it, what am I missing here?

PonchAxis posted:

Hell yeah S-kill rules on commmentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMtakEPWflQ

Hahaha, he's so spot-on.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Sade posted:

Just in case you needed any more convincing that Spencer/Wesker/Doom is loving monstrous, here's a video of that exact team killing the poo poo out of a bunch of high-health characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgqDUyPHNw&feature=plcp&context=C207c3UDOEgsToPDskJ9Ko5RD4pdxY0k7ZDAPF28

If it wasn't obvious that Capcom are receiving funds from the Latverian arts council, it is now.

Also, goddamn Frank is a bunch of fun. Hard to get in but once you even get to level 2, his roll is a monster cross up. Power of the press :smug:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Liku posted:

I don't get it, what am I missing here?

He says he likes the girls playing because they're really girls, which is a reference to Kayo Police who is a tranny that fools a lot of people at first glance.

Personally, I think tolerance for trannies is less like LGBT tolerance than tolerance for that weird kid who always wears a cape, but that's neither here nor there.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Phenotype posted:

He says he likes the girls playing because they're really girls, which is a reference to Kayo Police who is a tranny that fools a lot of people at first glance.

Personally, I think tolerance for trannies is less like LGBT tolerance than tolerance for that weird kid who always wears a cape, but that's neither here nor there.

uhhhhh the T in LGBT stands for trans?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Phenotype posted:

Personally, I think tolerance for trannies

C'mon, leave this kind of commentary out of the fighting game threads.

If you want to discuss gender theory you should go to D&D or the trans thread in E/N.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If you want to discuss gender theory, don't use the word 'tranny' because it's crazy offensive.

Sade posted:

Rad Spencer.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Phenotype posted:

Please stop using that word and please look up what LGBT means. Holy poo poo.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Waterbed posted:

Please stop using that word and please look up what LGBT means. Holy poo poo.

My mistake, obviously. I would agree that it's wrong and destructive to be gay-bashing on-stream, I just don't feel like it's equally "disgusting" to poke fun at an adult who's still playing pretend in public.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Phenotype posted:

My mistake, obviously. I would agree that it's wrong and destructive to be gay-bashing on-stream, I just don't feel like it's equally "disgusting" to poke fun at an adult who's still playing pretend in public.

Dude you really can't talk about stuff like that here because a million people will ruin the threads with a bunch of bullshit, calling everybody homophobes and whatnot. I don't care what you say or think but seriously don't stir that pot here because the trans people are seriously vocal and will gently caress up any decent thread with their stupid bullshit so just keep it away.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Phenotype posted:

:frogout:

e: that goes for the guy above me too

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
This is why I love when people bring up Kayo Police.

:munch:

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Sade posted:

This is disgusting. Every single one of those characters is great on point and are also among the best anchors in the game. On top of all that they have SYNERGY?! gently caress that team.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Fonzarelli posted:

Dude you really can't talk about stuff like that here because a million people will ruin the threads with a bunch of bullshit, calling everybody homophobes and whatnot. I don't care what you say or think but seriously don't stir that pot here because the trans people are seriously vocal and will gently caress up any decent thread with their stupid bullshit so just keep it away.

No, bring it up. This guy's a loving idiot and needs to know it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Buhbuhj posted:

No, bring it up. This guy's a loving idiot and needs to know it.

A person can be raised in a multi-racial neighborhood, have friends of every color and sexuality growing up and throughout his life, and yet be a loving idiot because he thinks publicly dressing up like something you're not is a little silly?

gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Phenotype posted:

Disregarding actors and actresses, anyone in service or entertainment industries, or humanity as a whole when it comes regards to culture and society. All of who play "pretend" on a daily basis. You could do yourself a favor and look up more about transgendered people beyond your conceived notion of "oh god its icky!" then shut it off in your brain. Or are you just pretending to be someone so stupid they can't even be bothered to look up an acronym before using it?

Phenotype posted:

A person can be raised in a multi-racial neighborhood, have friends of every color and sexuality growing up and throughout his life, and yet be a loving idiot because he thinks publicly dressing up like something you're not is a little silly?

gently caress off.

Congrats on hitting the "well I know minorities so I cannot be privileged" defense in 3 posts. Bravo.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Phenotype posted:

gently caress off.

Wow, you're a loving scumbag.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Phenotype posted:

gently caress off.

Yes he definitely can and you definitely are, hth!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I still use Iron Man despite my better judgement! Can anyone tell me what good options he has for getting in? I'm jealous of storm/mag/doom tri jumps now, and I feel like I can't play IM at all because of his crappy air dashes. Is there anything he has going for him or should I just bite the bullet like I did El Fuerte and move along?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Phenotype posted:

gently caress off.

Yes and yes. At the very least you are painfully ignorant and at worst incredibly bigoted. Hth

e: nice title mate

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Waterbed posted:

Disregarding actors and actresses, anyone in service or entertainment industries, or humanity as a whole when it comes regards to culture and society. All of who play "pretend" on a daily basis. You could do yourself a favor and look up more about transgendered people beyond your conceived notion of "oh god its icky!" then shut it off in your brain. Or are you just pretending to be someone so stupid they can't even be bothered to look up an acronym before using it?

Guess what? Life isn't always what you want it to be. I wish I was a foot taller, but I'm not wearing stilts and expecting everyone to treat me like a normal tall guy. I have no problems with anyone's personal or sexual preferences, and if someone wants to go whole-hog and get the surgery, I couldn't give a poo poo. I just think it's selfish, indulgent, and unrealistic to dress up like the opposite gender and expect other people to treat you normally.

And I'm not just saying "I know minorities," I'm saying that I make friends and deal with people on a daily basis irrespective of their race or sexuality, and goddamn if racism/sexism wouldn't be a problem if everyone was at least as tolerant as I am.

e:hahahah custom title.

I'll stop talking since this is way off-topic, I just don't like being demonized for my goddamn opinions, especially when they're far more progressive than the opinions of most people I come into contact with.

Player 2
Sep 11, 2011

by T. Couchfucker

Phenotype posted:

Guess what? Life isn't always what you want it to be. I wish I was a foot taller, but I'm not wearing stilts and expecting everyone to treat me like a normal tall guy. I have no problems with anyone's personal or sexual preferences, and if someone wants to go whole-hog and get the surgery, I couldn't give a poo poo. I just think it's selfish, indulgent, and unrealistic to dress up like the opposite gender and expect other people to treat you normally.

And I'm not just saying "I know minorities," I'm saying that I make friends and deal with people on a daily basis irrespective of their race or sexuality, and goddamn if racism/sexism wouldn't be a problem if everyone was at least as tolerant as I am.

e:hahahah custom title.

I'll stop talking since this is way off-topic, I just don't like being demonized for my goddamn opinions, especially when they're far more progressive than the opinions of most people I come into contact with.

People can dress and act however the gently caress they want, they don't need your approval and nobody gives a tinkers toss about your opinion. You gently caress off.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
NEC has started! It's the first major for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It's probably going to be really hype and everyone should watch it cause I know nobody has anything planned on a Saturday. Head on over to https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky to start watching.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Phenotype posted:

I just don't like being demonized for my goddamn opinions

heh

This acting like you are a victim is worse than your preaching. There are threads (again, trans thread in E/N or any of the gender threads in D&D) where you can argue your religious (or whatever) ideology, but this is not the place for it.

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004
NEC stream already died. Spooky where you at?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

GoodCleanFun posted:

NEC stream already died. Spooky where you at?

It's Spooky, it'll be up again in a matter of seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004

apophenium posted:

It's Spooky, it'll be up again in a matter of seconds.

He really is fantastic.

• Locked thread