Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

duffath posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone build a frank team designed to get him to level 4/5 via some sort of DHC or mid-combo tag then abuse assist and have level 4/5 frank on anchor. Would that maybe be a sort of "optimal" way to use frank?

Sounds cool, in theory. It's kind of what I was hoping to achieve, but I'm way too green to know if it's realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Jesus H. Christ posted:

I ran Task/MODAM/Skrull in vanilla, and Skrull is a really good anchor. His assists are so-so, but Orbital Grudge does okay with getting people off, and if you don't train them to punish it Tenderizer can be an okay assist to keep them back, too.

Orbital Grudge does look really, really nice. I've only tried Super-Skrull for a handful of fights, but I've liked what I've seen.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
I've been having a lot of fun with ammy/frank two bar THC that gets frank to instant Lv.5

Only downside is if ammy dies before you THC you are probably going to lose lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Try a frank combo into tools of survival hyper, dhc into slowdown hyper when the opponent's at the very top after hitting them with the baseball bat, and raw tagging back in for another OTG camera (canceled into shopping cart hyper if you have meter, canceled into another tools of survival/ammy dhc/raw tag if you have a shitton of meter)

Someone posted a video of this a bit ago and it's just so silly to me.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The_Cack posted:

Looks like the old berserker slash is alive and well in Vergil's rapid slash lol

The problem with Berserker Slash wasn't that it crossed up, it's that it was invincible and crossed up half the time. You can block Rapid Slash by holding forward.

edit: That's what I get for not refreshing the last page.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

flatluigi posted:

Try a frank combo into tools of survival hyper, dhc into slowdown hyper when the opponent's at the very top after hitting them with the baseball bat, and raw tagging back in for another OTG camera (canceled into shopping cart hyper if you have meter, canceled into another tools of survival/ammy dhc/raw tag if you have a shitton of meter)

Someone posted a video of this a bit ago and it's just so silly to me.
That was me. If you're not trolling though, doing the THC gets Frank to level 5 straight away so you end up needing/using 3 less meters. You can get two camera shots during the THC, although I've found that sometimes you have to jump/superjump and do the first one in the air.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Broken Loose posted:

The problem with Berserker Slash wasn't that it crossed up, it's that it was invincible and crossed up half the time. You can block Rapid Slash by holding forward.

edit: That's what I get for not refreshing the last page.

Rapid slash is completely vulnerable, too. Anyone with an instant-startup projectile will stuff the crap out of it.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

The_Cack posted:

Not sure what you mean but what I'm comparing is the ability to block on reaction since you
have to change directions when he quickly passes through you and he can make the attempt safe by spending meter.

Yeah, rapid slash is a good move. I've experimented with it and the unibeam assist since it makes it safe on block and lets Vergil combo afterwards with the right timing.

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004
Nemesis\Sent\Wesker named unknown dominating everybody.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Teamspooky tonight is why Yipes is S-tier commentator.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

^^^ "Leave that man's chest alone!"

Between the NEC stream and Combofiend, I really want to learn Nemesis.

Edit: and as soon as I post that he gets completely destroyed by Chris G's Hawkeye/Ryu.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 4, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think I just found a bug. I cannot mash hulks command throws up to the full 11 hits on amaterasu no matter how hard I try. Other characters seem to work fine tho.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Wow, that last NEC match was intense.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
You could tell Huoshen and everybody else was just completely drained during that GF; they played like thirty matches.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Cinroth posted:

A wise man who I can vouch for once said:

Haggar/Frank/Doom?

... wait gently caress this is genius.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Any low-mid skill people wanna join a lobby with me and a friend? Lemme know, GT medullah...

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Guy at a local tourney killed Dark Phoenix with Vergil's swords super. He burned the extra meter to put the swords above Phoenix's head and his opponent must not have noticed with all the fire on the screen.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 4, 2011

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Bosushi! posted:

Guy at a local tourney showed killed Dark Phoenix with Vergil's swords super. He burned the extra meter to put the swords above Phoenix's head and his opponent must not have noticed with all the fire on the screen.

That must have been embarrassing. I love it.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Anyone on the PSN side up for some casuals? PSN: Dorkasaurus_rex

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Sending you an invite as soon as I find the drat underscore

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Sorry I had to run after just the 1 game, got a phonecall I had to take.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

...I'm in. psn is jmcrofts

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Never got a friend accept. But catch you later!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Was playing a little wolverine yesterday, I did the LMH B. Slash mixup to a Wesker and he command grabbed me out of B. Slash after it passed through him and before it hit. I know it's not invincible anymore but drat. I might've been a little late with my B. Slash since LMH B. Slash is supposed to be a blockstring.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Im down

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
How the heck were you guys doing combos online?? I couldn't even get my special moves out half the time.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
To all the Austin/Arcade UFO people, looks like now that the ranbats for this season are over, Fubarduck wants to continue making Tuesdays a regular thing with UMVC3. He's offering $4 per person to do constant free-play for UMVC3 which will be streamed and recorded(all other cabinets still pay-for-play). I'll probably try to be there this Tuesday for that.

Fubar's SRK post with deets: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/austin-thread-arcade-ufo.35159/page-154#post-6200262

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Crusher posted:

To all the Austin/Arcade UFO people, looks like now that the ranbats for this season are over, Fubarduck wants to continue making Tuesdays a regular thing with UMVC3. He's offering $4 per person to do constant free-play for UMVC3 which will be streamed and recorded(all other cabinets still pay-for-play). I'll probably try to be there this Tuesday for that.

Fubar's SRK post with deets: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/austin-thread-arcade-ufo.35159/page-154#post-6200262

I'm definitely gonna be there for this.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fun posted:

How the heck were you guys doing combos online?? I couldn't even get my special moves out half the time.

By playing easy characters.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Spooky is streaming UMVC3 singles right now from NEC for whoever is interested.

Everyone is using Wesker, come see whose is the best! Seriously for the last 4 matches in a row there has been a Wesker on both teams :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Seizure Robot posted:

Everyone is using Wesker, come see whose is the best! Seriously for the last 4 matches in a row there has been a Wesker on both teams :smith:

gently caress that, Dieminion is on the stream! Projectiles for everyone!

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Dieminion's lame game is amazing, I could watch it all day. Reading some chapters from the book of Strange.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PalmTreeFun posted:

Dieminion's lame game is amazing, I could watch it all day. Reading some chapters from the book of Strange.

Why You Shouldn't gently caress Up, Chapters 1-8.95.

Or, alternatively, Why You Shouldn't Press Buttons.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Seriously, Joe's slow super is so brutal against Wesker. Fucks him over if he tags out and tries to use his assist, fucks him over if he stays on point.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Seizure Robot posted:

There's a pretty cool Joe on right now. He slowed a lvl3 XF Wesker. :gbsmith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dieminion's team is so fun to watch. Mainly because I like Morrigan and his Morrigan is nuts, but just the whole team being really unconventional is great to see. Charged Joe boomerangs are so sick. Mini dorm-balls all over.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
You can use an assist timed to hit right as Virgil is crossing over you with rapid slash to make it a 50-50 mixup right?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You can use an assist timed to hit right as Virgil is crossing over you with rapid slash to make it a 50-50 mixup right?

Yes but you would have to call the assist pretty early if you actually want to hit on front, which would be asking to be put in a happy birthday (a merry christmas).

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Jmcrofts posted:

Yes but you would have to call the assist pretty early if you actually want to hit on front, which would be asking to be put in a happy birthday (a merry christmas).

Merry Christmas should be when you catch 3 characters out of a bad THC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

...I'm in. psn is jmcrofts

We should play sometime jamcrofts (you will destroy me).

• Locked thread