Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
What is with Nami's face in this episode? She doesn't have a traditional female Oda Nami face at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Anony Mouse posted:

Kinda creepy that all those minions look identical to each other.

I wonder if there's a copy fruit that lets them make copies. It's almost better if they're all just natural lookalikes though.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

seigfox posted:

I wonder if there's a copy fruit that lets them make copies. It's almost better if they're all just natural lookalikes though.

In fact there is. You may have forgotten about a TRUE MAN, but I didn't.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Himuro posted:

What is with Nami's face in this episode? She doesn't have a traditional female Oda Nami face at all.

Wasn't just Nami, everyone got multiple shots in which they looked really bad.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Lord Chumley posted:

In fact there is. You may have forgotten about a TRUE MAN, but I didn't.

I was thinking less Morph, more Multiple Man.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Liar posted:

We've already floated around a LOT of stupid theories about his eye; ranging from it just being missing, to keeping it closed for night vision, all the way up to some crazy Sharingan poo poo.
I have a feeling that he is going to just open it at some point and nothing is going to happen. Like he had just forgotten to open one of his eyes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Senor Candle posted:

I have a feeling that he is going to just open it at some point and nothing is going to happen. Like he had just forgotten to open one of his eyes.
He became so strong he had Mihawk cut one of his eyes out, just to give everyone else a fair chance. Kenpachi style.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Anyone else think that the fish around the 18'th second of this video looks like that blobfish or is it just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTEIVoSGF8&feature=related (525 preview)

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z451/Zetsubou2/blobfish_1565953c.jpg
(Picture of blobfish in case you don't know/forget what it looks like.)

Zetsubou fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 21, 2011

Happy-Go-Lilac
Dec 19, 2007

Happy to be here.
But... there are no bones during the 18th second! :yohoho:

And yeah, one of the bigger ones looks like a less ugly, terrifyingly huge blob-fish.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
New episode's up

Good episode. I thought it was really well animated particularly the opening bits with the Kraken and the ending with the Flying Dutchman/the Strawhats' reactions to it.

Also, basically anything involving Franky was perfect. That's not a spoiler because everyone already knows that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

WhiffleballDude posted:

Also, basically anything involving Franky was perfect. That's not a spoiler because everyone already knows that.

To be honest I didn't think anything would top nipple lights. And then he went and did some burlesque morris code.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I totally lost it during Franky discovering Caribou in the barrel, the slow lean-in, and Caribou noticing. That awkward lid-lowering bit was amazing.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

To be honest I didn't think anything would top nipple lights. And then he went and did some burlesque morris code.

This is why I watch One Piece

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

mushroom_spore posted:

I totally lost it during Franky discovering Caribou in the barrel, the slow lean-in, and Caribou noticing. That awkward lid-lowering bit was amazing.

I have never laughed at anything in One piece as hard as this, holy poo poo. Everything about it was so perfect.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I didn't think that scene could get any funnier than it was in the manga. The anime is on a roll lately. Brook adding a bizarre little drumroll while rambling to himself was also pretty great.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007
This episode was hilarious but I think my favorite part was when the crew is escaping all of the giant sea life and everyone is shrieking and panicking, the Thousand Sunny's lion face was also scared.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Magna posted:

This episode was hilarious but I think my favorite part was when the crew is escaping all of the giant sea life and everyone is shrieking and panicking, the Thousand Sunny's lion face was also scared.

If they get eaten, maybe it'll turn out to be another nakama's long lost nakama containing a new story arc and a pirate king crew member.

KoB
May 1, 2009
526: http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
"I want to die staring at the mermaids in a disgusting way!"

If they ever make a talking Sanji doll this needs to be one of its lines.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

"I want to die staring at the mermaids in a disgusting way!"

If they ever make a talking Sanji doll this needs to be one of its lines.

They must also include "Wow! Yes! Come On!".

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Sorry Usopp, cooler weapons do not mean that you have gotten any manlier.

That was sweet as hell, though.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Gyges posted:

They must also include "Wow! Yes! Come On!".

And I NEED LADY!

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Great episode as always! I'm loving Brooke's quest to continue to awkwardly do something in the background of a scene. His random little song once Luffy and company returned was hilarious.

Also, can anyone tell me if Sanji's nose bleeds and all that actually account to something plot related. I've taken to referring to it as Chekhov's nose bleed as it seems to pop up too much to be a gag.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Great episode as always! I'm loving Brooke's quest to continue to awkwardly do something in the background of a scene. His random little song once Luffy and company returned was hilarious.

Also, can anyone tell me if Sanji's nose bleeds and all that actually account to something plot related. I've taken to referring to it as Chekhov's nose bleed as it seems to pop up too much to be a gag.

Yes. That's all I'm saying.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
So many great background antics in this episode. The camera angles on Nami's breasts are ridiculous, though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

mushroom_spore posted:

So many great background antics in this episode. The camera angles on Nami's breasts are ridiculous, though.

But how else would we know that Nami is fixing her bikini top? :ohdear:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

OrangeGuy posted:

But how else would we know that Nami is fixing her bikini top? :ohdear:

At the current progression of her clothes getting less and less covering I imagine sometime around when we next run into Blackbeard she'll be topless anyway, so by then it won't matter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Liar posted:

At the current progression of her clothes getting less and less covering I imagine sometime around when we next run into Blackbeard she'll be topless anyway, so by then it won't matter.

Maybe the One Piece is actually a Dead or Alive Volleyball Venus bathing suit? :smug:

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

OrangeGuy posted:

Maybe the One Piece is actually a Dead or Alive Volleyball Venus bathing suit? :smug:

Of course not, it's a one-piece suit, nothing that revealing.

I wouldn't be surprised though if at some point she ended up with a "weather bra" or something where the only thing covering her chest was a convenient fog.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

QueerPope posted:

Of course not, it's a one-piece suit, nothing that revealing.

I wouldn't be surprised though if at some point she ended up with a "weather bra" or something where the only thing covering her chest was a convenient fog.

We already had that happen back on Thiller Bark.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Do you mean like you don't understand the nosebleed? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed
That's really all it's about, no reference to anything. There's some history behind it involving old men or something, but that's the reference, it's just your normal anime thing.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

Do you mean like you don't understand the nosebleed? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed
That's really all it's about, no reference to anything. There's some history behind it involving old men or something, but that's the reference, it's just your normal anime thing.

You'd think so wouldn't you

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm of the opinion now that if you keep the same favorite character week after week then One Piece isn't the right show for you because they are all amazing.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

I'm of the opinion now that if you keep the same favorite character week after week then One Piece isn't the right show for you because they are all amazing.

I'm not going to lie - Chopper is my least favorite straw hat. He's gotten less annoying to me recently, and even somewhat funny, but he still can't compare. He's like 4, doesn't belong with the others, I hate the way he's drawn, and his power makes no sense. What part of human human fruit do you get horn powers from? And worse yet, I'm visiting Japan right now, and he's plastered over *everything!* He's more popular than rice!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The part where he's originally a reindeer.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I like Chopper. His innocence amuses me and I still laugh at the gimmick where he starts swearing when people compliment him. Plus Tony Tony Chopper is the best name. Can't say I dig his new hat though.

I think Robin is my least favorite. She's not really funny and I don't remember her fighting anyone important or doing it in a particularly interesting way. And it bugs me that I don't know if her revolutionary jaunt trained in her in any way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CubanMissile posted:

I think Robin is my least favorite. She's not really funny and I don't remember her fighting anyone important or doing it in a particularly interesting way. And it bugs me that I don't know if her revolutionary jaunt trained in her in any way.

She can make full clones of herself now and her giant appendages look like actual appendages instead of thousands of arms in the shape of said appendage. On the other hand we haven't seen how much information she's added from the revolutionaries, though it would be somewhat hard to tell what's new knowledge and what's old knowledge she just hasn't shared yet.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CubanMissile posted:

It shifts every week between Franky, Usopp, and Sanji for me. Occasionally Luffy and Zoro will also take the spot.

Robin's straight-faced morbidness is pretty funny at times.

Chopper's only as popular as he is because he's the mascot of the show. Kids love 'im.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

How could you not like Robin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lOkfeTo5CA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Chopper will always have a place in the upper tier for me simply for the 'hiding behind a door the wrong way' gag.

Some of the other character's little quirks and traits start to feel a little played out, but that one never ever will. Gets me rolling every time.