Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never change, Dad. Never, ever change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Maturity, best measured in fridge dead-lifts.

Now here's a question, is this the post-Scratch reset version of the fridge from the kids' universe, and if so will it ascend an echeladder and gain boondollars like its august GENERAL ELECTRIC predecessor/self from another timeline?

Might this fridge one day meet up with its pre-Scratch incarnation, assuming it is still in John's house that is on LOWAS that is in the palm of Jade's hand?

Here's hoping yes!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dolash posted:

Might this fridge one day meet up with its pre-Scratch incarnation, assuming it is still in John's house that is on LOWAS that is in the palm of Jade's hand?

Here's hoping yes!

The pre-scratch fridge will cease to exist and merge with its post-scratch dreamself in Jane's Prospitian tower.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mimiga posted:

Hussie's post on his tumblr kind of implied that people who purchased signed copies should have them arrive before Christmas... or at least he wanted them to arrive before Christmas.

Here's what she said:

GF posted:

Just a warning that getting the signed and doodled option on books from Topatoco will result in delays. I don’t have any way to be more specific about those delays, but if you need or are expecting your book anytime before a specific date, don’t choose the signed option. Andrew, as we all know, is a busy dude, and this is always a popular option, so it could take a while.

And then a reply:

Some dude posted:

As long as it’s before December 30th I’m chill.

GF posted:

This is what I mean! You can’t assume it’ll be before December 30th. This is why I worded that first post in that way :(

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Mimiga posted:

What's her tumblr?

http://halftruth.tumblr.com/

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Remember when Hussie's girlfriend used to post here until she discovered FYAD and the inherent misogyny therein

Also we kinda creeped her out I think

Those were better times

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Remember when Hussie's girlfriend used to post here until she discovered FYAD and the inherent misogyny therein

Also we kinda creeped her out I think

Those were better times

That was like three months ago, right before the hiatus Hussie took to work on EoA5.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

It would be a beautiful thing if she really were assassinated after going outside, and if these kids never got their session started.*

I know UU basically nixes that idea, but man, all of this "what x of y are they gonna be?" and "what are their planets going to be like?" getting squished/subverted would be wonderful.

I'm bored.

*without some insane intervention from John & Jane & Co.

EDIT: I'M DUMB SHE'S ALREADY SEEN SKAIA HURRRRRR

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Welp, good going Sebastian :v:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The fridge should get its own planet. Something like Land of Crispers and Freon.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jade's got less than a minute, she better hustle!!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

In a plot twist it will turn out Jade and John arrived in this universe two and a half years ago and have been trying to assassinate Jane out of John's hatred for Crocker cookware.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

You'll have to explain this to me :(

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
With Jane/John's track record of breaking furniture and house walls, how do their houses always appear undamaged when they're introduced?

Think about it, that/those house/s should have been leveled by the time both John and Jane had been introduced. They just break everything they touch.

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 5, 2011

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Oh hey, look at this. Hero of Life and Hero of Void god tier hoodies.

Edit: Also according to Hussie's tumblr, the final four god tier designs will be released later this week.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 5, 2011

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Boneless Jogger posted:

Edit: Also according to Hussie's tumblr, the final four god tier designs will be released later this week.

So what's that leave- Hope, Doom, Blood, and Rage?

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Just ordered a Space hoodie. Question for people who bought one of these before: how long did it take for you to get it? Should I hope that mine gets here before Christmas?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Oh neat-o, the hero of life symbol-colour combo looks like a plant growing out of soil.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

The Hero of Life design has very Earthy colors, I like it. I also like the Hero of Void's symbol.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

The Void symbol is the space between the spiral arms of the Space symbol. That's pretty clever.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dammit this only makes deciding which one I'm eventually going to buy harder.

would it be crazy to buy all of them

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Dammit this only makes deciding which one I'm eventually going to buy harder.

would it be crazy to buy all of them
Yes but it would definetly be one of the lesser crazy things I have seen a fan of Homestuck do.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

Yes but it would definetly be one of the lesser crazy things I have seen a fan of Homestuck do.

Faint praise, damnation attendant thereunto.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The Life symbol could also be interpreted as :cthulhu: tentacles, which would have been very appropriate for Fef considering her lusus.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
My inner sperg dislikes the fact that the t-shirt colors are significantly different than their hoodie counterparts.

Zutaten posted:

The Void symbol is the space between the spiral arms of the Space symbol. That's pretty clever.

Wasn't sure I liked the Void symbol. I saw it as lazy, just taking an existing symbol and just cutting out part of it, but your observation has changed my mind.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Lord of Laughton posted:

My inner sperg dislikes the fact that the t-shirt colors are significantly different than their hoodie counterparts.
I haven't been generally bothered by it, but the Hero of Life one :stare:
It looks like an entirely different color rather than just being a little off.

There also seems to be a difference in color between the standard tees and the girly tees. Is it just the lighting, perhaps?

Lord of Laughton posted:

Wasn't sure I liked the Void symbol. I saw it as lazy, just taking an existing symbol and just cutting out part of it, but your observation has changed my mind.
My reaction to the Void hoodie was something along the lines of "man, what a rip-off. The symbol doesn't even catch the eye. It's like a big v-.... OHHHHhhhhh"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

drat chimera posted:

Hope

I hope this symbol is just a silhouette of Barack Obana.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

glitchwraith posted:

The Life symbol could also be interpreted as :cthulhu: tentacles, which would have been very appropriate for Fef considering her lusus.

It's also extremely similar to the Breath symbol. Given the sort of duality exhibited by Space/Void and Breath/Life I wonder if the rest are going to share any elements too.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Gabriel Pope posted:

It's also extremely similar to the Breath symbol. Given the sort of duality exhibited by Space/Void and Breath/Life I wonder if the rest are going to share any elements too.
I guess Time and Mind (and to an extent Light) all have a circle at the centre with a pattern surrounding them?

Although Light is kind of an odd one out anyway, in that its specific design has been in the comic since the start.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Doc Uzuki posted:

I hope this symbol is just a silhouette of Barack Obana.

I bet it's going to be a compliment of the Doom symbol, sort of like how the Space and Void symbols interlock.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Cabbit posted:

I bet it's going to be a compliment of the Doom symbol, sort of like how the Space and Void symbols interlock.

The hope and doom symbols will be both halves of Barack Obana's face.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well Manicured Man posted:

The hope and doom symbols will be both halves of Barack Obana's face.

Would this mean that the "Eridan is a metaphor for Obama" fandom secrets thing is now canon? Because I think I could live with that.

I already bought a hoodie, but I'm not too poor yet to buy a Void t-shirt. Go ahead Hussie, take all of my money.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hope symbol

Doom symbol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Lord of Laughton posted:

Matching t-shirt colors is really hard to do. Shirt styles (standard vs "baby doll" tees) as well as sizes can come in different colors and not all the colors are available for all sizes/styles. Our sabre-toothed lime shirts ended up being like three different colors of green, poo poo was ridiculous.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

drat chimera posted:

You'll have to explain this to me :(

oh I meant Jane. whatever. the one who is Nanna. J names.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Would this mean that the "Eridan is a metaphor for Obama" fandom secrets thing is now canon? Because I think I could live with that.

I'll only be satisfied with this if it also confirms that Vriska is a metaphor for Vriska.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know if I was really cynical I'd say that Hussie came up with the god tier concept for the sole purpose of selling sweatshirts, and I think I'd be OK with that.

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010
Did anyone see that tumblr post about Feferi being ableist because she said retarded? There was a bunch of wank about it.

I am all for people not saying rude things but I guess tumblr sort of frustrates me in that they take everything ever as being oppressive, and I feel like that takes away from some very important things when it's applied to everything! :( Especially when they dissect a work to this point to try to say it is being offensive.

I guess I'm also baffled that so many people seem to really dislike Feferi, when she seemed one of the saner trolls from what we saw of her. Yes, she had flaws, but so did everyone else and that's sort of the point.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Jesoteric posted:

Did anyone see that tumblr post about Feferi being ableist because she said retarded? There was a bunch of wank about it.

I am all for people not saying rude things but I guess tumblr sort of frustrates me in that they take everything ever as being oppressive, and I feel like that takes away from some very important things when it's applied to everything! :( Especially when they dissect a work to this point to try to say it is being offensive.

I guess I'm also baffled that so many people seem to really dislike Feferi, when she seemed one of the saner trolls from what we saw of her. Yes, she had flaws, but so did everyone else and that's sort of the point.

Tumblr is pretty awful. Or, well, a lot of the people on it are.

I don't like Feferi either, but that has more to do with how her typing quirk makes my eyes water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Jesoteric posted:

The fandom at large also loves/loved Eridan, and many fans did so because they shared his childish mentality that he and Feferi were meant for each other. Since Feferi is construed in the story as being basically self-interested by breaking it off with him (because he's exhausting and whiny and she wants to meet other people), she then becomes in their minds a Cruel Selfish Bitch who's ruining Eridan's true love. And since "Feferi and Eridan talk and have a fight" is pretty much 70% of the characterisation Feferi ever had, it's not like Vriska where fans know her so well that they're endeared to her regardless of the things she did they don't like.

This died off a lot after Eridan killed Feferi and Kanaya, and now his popularity is more a celebration of how douchey and pathetic he is. Prior to that though there were a lot of fairly diehard Eridan fans who thought Feferi was seriously in the wrong in their little plot in Hivebent.