Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

C-Euro posted:

E: Also the ad-free version of TripIt is Amazon's daily free app. Any goons know of it?

Thanks for this! I used to use tripit for iOS and it works pretty decently. For free it's a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Heaven
Jul 19, 2011

beerinator posted:

I use chrome 2 phone and this works perfectly.

Chrome to Phone

For some reason Market says that this app is not compatible with my Samsung GT-I9003L because "This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

Is this a bug? The graph for the app shows a huge dip in number of installations recently, maybe this has something to do with it?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

Folder Organizer.

My own question: when did the Market stop having any filters like popularity or name or anything besides paid or free?
In Version 3.x.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

LastInLine posted:

In Version 3.x.

So it's not just me. What, did Google feel bad for marginalizing AppBrain, so they rolled back the usability improvements? I mean, :wtc:

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005
Several apps are currently showing up $0.10 (10 cents) in the Market, including Minecraft.

Current list:
Great Little War Game
SketchBook Mobile
Paper Camera
Sound Hound
Asphalt 6
Fieldrunners HD
Swiftkey
Minecraft
Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro

Link including links to market pages:
http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-popular-apps-suddenly-are-10-cents-android-market

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
edit, beaten

indulgenthipster
Mar 16, 2004
Make that a pour over
Grabbed Swiftkey, any of the others worth it?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Paper camera is pretty neat novelty... grabbed minecraft for the hell of it and same goes for the Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro and SoundHound.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
For 10 cents each, they're all worth it. Looks like it's going to be 10 apps a day for 10 days, there's an ad at the top of the main Market page.

Nice way to spend :10bux:.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 6, 2011

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I was just coming here to mention the Market deal. At $.10 a piece, there's almost no reason not to try them all. I hope this becomes a regular Steam-style thing, not just a one-off.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
The difference between this and Steam is that the apps on super sale here were made in the last 8 years. :razz:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
On the page for the sketch program there's a video where the user is using a stylus with his phone. I'm going to get a tablet sooner rather than later and a stylus and that sketch program would be nice. Is that a special stylus I can buy, or...?

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

Living Vicariously posted:

On the page for the sketch program there's a video where the user is using a stylus with his phone. I'm going to get a tablet sooner rather than later and a stylus and that sketch program would be nice. Is that a special stylus I can buy, or...?

I assume any stylus that is Capacitive can be used, I know Best buy has some, however, never actually USING one I can't say for sure, but they /should/ work.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Dradien posted:

I assume any stylus that is Capacitive can be used, I know Best buy has some, however, never actually USING one I can't say for sure, but they /should/ work.

Huh. Didn't know such a thing existed. I feel pretty dumb. :psyduck:

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

Living Vicariously posted:

Huh. Didn't know such a thing existed. I feel pretty dumb. :psyduck:

Here ya are, a shitton of them on Amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=capacitive+stylus&x=0&y=0&sprefix=Capacitive++s

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
I got a few of the $.10 apps from Amazon for free, but I'm getting them again through the Market. Apps seem to get updated sooner there so for a dime each, why not?

Edit: poo poo. I accidentally uninstalled Endomondo Sports Tracker PRO and got a cancellation notice. I tried to reinstall it but it's telling I haven't purchased it yet. I get this message on my EVO 3D and TouchPad. When I got on the website it still shows as purchased and I try to push it out but neither device downloads it. I'm concerned that I may have lost the chance to get that for $.10, drat it.

letsgoflyers81 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 6, 2011

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Asking this here as well, anyone know if it's possible to buy multiple Apps at once? I pay a fee each time I use my credit card and that fee is 30 cents so...

ModestMuse
Jun 25, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your GPS
I'd be a heavenly person today

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Asking this here as well, anyone know if it's possible to buy multiple Apps at once? I pay a fee each time I use my credit card and that fee is 30 cents so...

Get a new CC? Buy a pre-paid Visa from Walmart?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Are Android apps tied to an account? A lot of these apps would be more useful on a phone than my tablet but I'm stuck on a lovely Eris that's trapped on 2.1, and I was hoping to buy these apps while they're cheap and then install them on my new phone once I get that in the spring.

VV Duly noted, thanks!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 6, 2011

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Are Android apps tied to an account? A lot of these apps would be more useful on a phone than my tablet but I'm stuck on a lovely Eris that's trapped on 2.1, and I was hoping to buy these apps while they're cheap and then install them on my new phone once I get that in the spring.

Yea, they are tied to the account. You can take them to your next phone.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Basically if you see yourself ever using these buy them.

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams
This is awesome but ten days of 5-10 separate 10 cent transactions is going to be a pain in the rear end. They really need a multiple-item cart function.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I got a few of the $.10 apps from Amazon for free, but I'm getting them again through the Market. Apps seem to get updated sooner there so for a dime each, why not?

Edit: poo poo. I accidentally uninstalled Endomondo Sports Tracker PRO and got a cancellation notice. I tried to reinstall it but it's telling I haven't purchased it yet. I get this message on my EVO 3D and TouchPad. When I got on the website it still shows as purchased and I try to push it out but neither device downloads it. I'm concerned that I may have lost the chance to get that for $.10, drat it.

Crisis averted, the canceled transaction cleared and I was able to repurchase and reinstall the app.

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
Gamer, geek, and ladies man
I'm planning on picking up the Transformer or Prime down the line, but don't currently have an Android device. Does anyone know of a way for me to purchase the apps on sale now for use later?

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Biggest human being Ever posted:

What the hell kind of credit card does this?!

And doesn't your bank offer a visa/mc check card of some sort?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Since the games thread doesn't seem to exist anymore, I'll ask here. Does anyone know of an anagram game that works like Yahoo's web version of Text Twist, or iOS's Word Warp? I found something called TextTwist 2 and at least with the demo version, you can only input so many words of a given length, e.g. 6 3-letter words. Also, the words aren't sorted alphabetically, which makes things a bit harder.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
So, I'm going to be getting a Galaxy Nexus whenever the gently caress it comes out, but I've got my current Thunderbolt rooted. I've got Titanium Backup (paid for), but I didn't purchase it through the Market -- I got a .txt file on my SD with it that acts as the license key. How will this work with the GNex if it doesn't have any removable storage?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Since the games thread doesn't seem to exist anymore

Nah, it's still around, but it got moved to the actual Games forum.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3356846&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

BoyBlunder posted:

So, I'm going to be getting a Galaxy Nexus whenever the gently caress it comes out, but I've got my current Thunderbolt rooted. I've got Titanium Backup (paid for), but I didn't purchase it through the Market -- I got a .txt file on my SD with it that acts as the license key. How will this work with the GNex if it doesn't have any removable storage?

Save it to your computer from your old phone, then push it up to the GNex via MTP.

You can still transfer files, it just works differently.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
What with the sale on, might as well ask - what does the paid version of SoundHound get you that the free one doesn't? Just no ads?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

How do I stop the Amazon appstore notifications? Also, can I get the free daily app without having to download it? I can just delete it from the cache folder, but it's extra work.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

404notfound posted:

How do I stop the Amazon appstore notifications? Also, can I get the free daily app without having to download it? I can just delete it from the cache folder, but it's extra work.

Can't, and it's become the bane of my existance on my phone. I'm currently in the process of going through the apps that I actually like and use that I've gotten free and buying them from the android market so that I can remove the amazon store from my phone.

You can goto the amazon website ( http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=sa_menu_mas2?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011 ) click buy. It will buy it without sending it to your phone. But you will get the message that you have a new app for download.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Manky posted:

What with the sale on, might as well ask - what does the paid version of SoundHound get you that the free one doesn't? Just no ads?

I think you get the widget.

404notfound posted:

There's no official way to do either of these. The Appstore is a goddamn pain in the rear end and I hope Kindle Fire buyers complain about it until it gets fixed.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Geekner posted:

Yea, they are tied to the account. You can take them to your next phone.

But you can only buy them if your current device can run them, which is pretty lovely (for instance, I'm pretty sure I'm getting something that can run Asphalt 6 for Christmas, but my phone can't run it so I can't buy it). It's gotta be worse for people on stuff like an N1 waiting for Christmas. Is there a workaround for that?

Also, on the note of picking everything up, get the coloring book app; down the road you're bound to run into a kid who needs distracting.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Splizwarf posted:

But you can only buy them if your current device can run them, which is pretty lovely (for instance, I'm pretty sure I'm getting something that can run Asphalt 6 for Christmas, but my phone can't handle it). It's gotta be worse for people on stuff like an N1 waiting for Christmas. Is there a workaround for that?

I think someone posted before that you could get the SDK and run the emulator to do this.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Good idea. I didn't think the emulator would be registerable. Welp, that's tonight's project.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If anyone cares about Twitter apps as much as I do (:downs:) you'll probably be happy to know that the best Android Twitter app updated today.

Plume 2.80 Changelog:
  • Add support for Twitter Streaming for instantaneous updates when Plume is launched.
  • In the background, Plume is still polling every X minutes for now.
  • Add an outbox to queue message sending, retweet, favorite, etc even with no connection
  • Add support for using your tweet as a comment to an uploaded picture on the hosting server
  • Add TweetMarker support to save/restore your reading position across multiple devices (off by default)
  • Add support for position restoration on saved search
  • Add support for position restoration on lists
  • Add xhdpi support
  • Revamped a few user interface graphics to be more modern
  • Fix support for Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Fix some missing tweets that contain the same link multiple times
  • Fix the switch view (for multiple accounts)
  • Fix the saved search reloading
  • Many more fixes

-----

EDIT: LevelUpStudio also has a small forum to handle betas and stuff like that if anyone cares: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 6, 2011

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I need something better than the google reader app, preferably one that isn't overloaded with sharing crap, has a decent UI and isn't as horribly slow as GR often is.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Manky posted:

Wasn't Soundhound supposed to start charging a few cents to identify each song? I think that was their original plan earlier this year, but decided to postpone it until January 2012 or something. This paid version presumably will never charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

I need something better than the google reader app, preferably one that isn't overloaded with sharing crap, has a decent UI and isn't as horribly slow as GR often is.

The official app kept crashing on me, so I tried out gReader Pro and it seems like a pretty good app. I was actually about to buy it a long time ago, but Google released their Official app that day so I didn't at that time.

• Locked thread