Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Skeezy posted:

If anyone cares about Twitter apps as much as I do (:downs:) you'll probably be happy to know that the best Android Twitter app updated today.

I've pretty much transitioned to G+ full time now but I still love Plume and that update list is impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've pretty much transitioned to G+ full time now but I still love Plume and that update list is impressive.

I've been using the betas for 2.80 prior to release and that streaming stuff is really nifty.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This sale is great. Ten apps for less money than the price of a single bus ticket? Sold! I already went ahead bought most of it. I'm kind of pissed now that I bought SwiftkeyX at full price a while ago, though.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
How is SwiftKeyX so different from the usual keyboard (why should I buy it)?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think it has the superior key layout compared to other keyboards, and its word suggestions are really good. After a while it can string together whole sentences for you. It also optionally learns from your sent SMS and Email and such. For ten cents, it's a great buy.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Grawl posted:

It predicts words based on your typing habits. On first launch, it will ask to scan your text messages and some other stuff. It will also predict words before you type any letters. Also it's 10 cents.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Pity all the themes are so ugly.

If I give it my Gmail or Facebook login what will it actually learn off? I'd imagine it could make prediction worse if it went back too far into either of those accounts.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

This sale is great. Ten apps for less money than the price of a single bus ticket? Sold! I already went ahead bought most of it. I'm kind of pissed now that I bought SwiftkeyX at full price a while ago, though.
This is exactly why nobody should buy any apps at full price until this 10-day fire sale is over. I know I'm going to troll the android market every day before buying anything else...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Grawl posted:

In addition to the really awesome prediction and superior layout everyone else already mentioned, it's also really customizable. I went back to the stock gingerbread keyboard for a while and not being able to customize the strength of the haptic feedback or how long you need to long press for alternate characters really bugged me. The gestures are pretty handy too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a good calendar app that has a 1x4 or 2x2 widget, and that'll hook into my Google Calendar?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I love touch calendar and I bet it has a widget that would work for you.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Just grabbed SwiftKey and others. Takes a bit to get used to, especially with the next word prediction

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there a good calendar app that has a 1x4 or 2x2 widget, and that'll hook into my Google Calendar?

I'm pretty sure Jorte will do that.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Wow SwiftKey is amazing.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I like Pure Calendar Agenda widget.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I think someone posted before that you could get the SDK and run the emulator to do this.

Do you have any details on this? Trying to search the forums (through Google at least) is kind of impossible because of emulators being offered on the Android market.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Skeezy posted:

If anyone cares about Twitter apps as much as I do (:downs:) you'll probably be happy to know that the best Android Twitter app updated today.

Plume 2.80 Changelog:
  • Add support for Twitter Streaming for instantaneous updates when Plume is launched.
  • In the background, Plume is still polling every X minutes for now.
  • Add an outbox to queue message sending, retweet, favorite, etc even with no connection
  • Add support for using your tweet as a comment to an uploaded picture on the hosting server
  • Add TweetMarker support to save/restore your reading position across multiple devices (off by default)
  • Add support for position restoration on saved search
  • Add support for position restoration on lists
  • Add xhdpi support
  • Revamped a few user interface graphics to be more modern
  • Fix support for Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Fix some missing tweets that contain the same link multiple times
  • Fix the switch view (for multiple accounts)
  • Fix the saved search reloading
  • Many more fixes

-----

EDIT: LevelUpStudio also has a small forum to handle betas and stuff like that if anyone cares: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/

Wow, that is way better than the official app. They don't have a version for facebook do they?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Athenry posted:

Wow, that is way better than the official app. They don't have a version for facebook do they?

They are actually working on getting Facebook into the actual Plume app. I'd assume it would be saved for Plume 3.0 or something but who knows. Maybe 2.90?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I tried out swiftkey a while back and it was completely awful at predicting anything i was going to say, and even in landscape was completely unable to register half of my keystrokes - i've been using Gingerbread Keyboard Pro(plus?) and i can type with blazing fingers with minimal mistakes. Even in portrait it works pretty well.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
So ADW launcher is going to be a $0.10 app this week. So hold off if you were planning to buy it right this moment.

Definitely picking it up to see if it'll make me switch from Go Launcher (which is running rather well on my Thunderbolt.)

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Doji Sekushi posted:

So ADW launcher is going to be a $0.10 app this week. So hold off if you were planning to buy it right this moment.

Definitely picking it up to see if it'll make me switch from Go Launcher (which is running rather well on my Thunderbolt.)

I'm not a fan, I prefer launcher pro. ADW is way too slow for me

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doji Sekushi posted:

I thought ADW launcher was free open source?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Manky posted:

I thought ADW launcher was free open source?

He has two versions. An open source free version and a closed source paid version with some extra features.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Do you have any details on this? Trying to search the forums (through Google at least) is kind of impossible because of emulators being offered on the Android market.

Some people tried this over at reddit, no dice it seems. http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/n3gzj/i_dont_have_an_andriod_phone_yet_but_i_plan_on/

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
:siren:Beautiful Widgets is $0.10 today!:siren:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Wonder when they plan on updating their 10 for .10 page on the market. It still reflects the deals from yesterday.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
All the apps I was going to buy are. 10. It's great. I hope Tasker isn't included later, I just bought that last night full price

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
There's a running list going in the Games thread. So far it's:
  • Beautiful Widgets
  • Fruit Ninja
  • Reckless Racing
  • Star Chart
  • Read It Later Pro

Five left to find.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
^^ Flick Golf is on that list, as is AirSync

I tried (and failed) to get this off of GetJar the other day when it was free, so seeing it this cheap is the next best thing.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Vykk.Draygo posted:

There's a running list going in the Games thread. So far it's:
  • Beautiful Widgets
  • Fruit Ninja
  • Reckless Racing
  • Star Chart
  • Read It Later Pro

Five left to find.

Here's another, slightly more complete, list:

Flick Golf

Reckless Racing

AirSync by doubleTwist

Read It Later Pro

Beautiful Widgets

Christmas HD

Fruit Ninja

Star Chart

NFL Rivals

(1 more left, I can't find it)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If only someone developed some kind of engine with which to search these things... (seriously google why does market search suck so much? I want more control & criteria when I look for something)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Does AirSync only work if you've got DoubleTwist, or does it work independently of it? Also, is it any better at syncing music, specifically, then AirDroid is?

e: gently caress it, it's 10c compared to it's normal 5 bucks, so I really can't lose out here. I would still like to know these things, though.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

SpacePig posted:

Does AirSync only work if you've got DoubleTwist, or does it work independently of it? Also, is it any better at syncing music, specifically, then AirDroid is?

e: gently caress it, it's 10c compared to it's normal 5 bucks, so I really can't lose out here. I would still like to know these things, though.

If you use iTunes already, I use iSyncr and the wifi addon. Works beautifully, and I saw on the website that you can setup a Tasker event to run on certain SSIDs so you can automatically update once you get home.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Mister Snips posted:

I tried out swiftkey a while back and it was completely awful at predicting anything i was going to say, and even in landscape was completely unable to register half of my keystrokes - i've been using Gingerbread Keyboard Pro(plus?) and i can type with blazing fingers with minimal mistakes. Even in portrait it works pretty well.

Swiftkey has gotten much faster recently and has multitouch now so works a lot better for fast typists.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Red Warrior posted:

Swiftkey has gotten much faster recently and has multitouch now so works a lot better for fast typists.

SwiftKey would be infinitely better if there were a T9 layout. Smart Keyboard Pro has it and it's been, by far, the best keyboard for my needs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can I buy these $0.10 apps and keep them somewhere for when I get the GNex sometime in 2095?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

nickhimself posted:

SwiftKey would be infinitely better if there were a T9 layout. Smart Keyboard Pro has it and it's been, by far, the best keyboard for my needs.

Totally agree here. Smart Keyboard Pro has been my go-to keyboard for ages.

I like Swiftkey but the short space bar kills me. I've tried to adapt but I always end up missing it when I type.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can I buy these $0.10 apps and keep them somewhere for when I get the GNex sometime in 2095?

Sure, assuming you've got an active phone on your Market account.

If not, someone posted that an emulated device might work.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Once you buy an app you can re-download it from the same linked google account forever without having to purchase it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerMojo
Mar 30, 2007

The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams
Page updated finally:

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion&feature=banner

• Locked thread