Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Harry Totterbottom posted:

Set up site-to-site ipsec tunnels between each office using the wizard in the ASDM. Make sure you match your crypto-map and have a trusted cert if you don't use a passphrase.

Yeah; just making sure - an ASA 5505 can handle multiple site-to-site links on one device, right? It's not two-way only, right?

Beyond that, I've setup remote access on a couple ASAs so I'm not terribly worried about the configuration process as long as its similar. Just making sure we're hitting the hardware requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Walked posted:

Yeah; just making sure - an ASA 5505 can handle multiple site-to-site links on one device, right? It's not two-way only, right?

Beyond that, I've setup remote access on a couple ASAs so I'm not terribly worried about the configuration process as long as its similar. Just making sure we're hitting the hardware requirements.

The device itself is capable, but there may be licensing restrictions.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Thats all I needed to know. Thanks. Just trying to do some prep-reading. Seems actually pretty painless for what they need/want.

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
I have some cisco 800's that I cant get any Netflow data from. How can I check to see if Netflow is enabled on the routers?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Swink posted:

I have some cisco 800's that I cant get any Netflow data from. How can I check to see if Netflow is enabled on the routers?

Do you even bother to google search before asking stupid questions?

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=cisco+800+netflow&pbx=1&oq=cisco+800+netflow&

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Swink posted:

first, you take your potato

Q. time...has anyone had any problems (or could explain) why a lot (over 1gbps) of input traffic on a SPAN destination port causes high CPU on a 7600 chassis?

It's like all the traffic is getting punted to the CPU before it gets dropped, but I can't see any reason why it would.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Walked posted:

Hope each site uses discrete/unique subnets!

abigserve posted:

first, you take your potato

Q. time...has anyone had any problems (or could explain) why a lot (over 1gbps) of input traffic on a SPAN destination port causes high CPU on a 7600 chassis?

It's like all the traffic is getting punted to the CPU before it gets dropped, but I can't see any reason why it would.

So it goes away when you disable SPAN or the traffic backs off?

What Sup?

What linecard for SPAN output?

What is the SPAN source?

What features are you using?

What switching mode?

Show cef somethingoranotheraboutnoncefswitchedtraffic

show ip cef switching stat

You can SPAN the connection between SP and RP. Once you look at that traffic you'll have more to go on.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Tremblay posted:

You can SPAN the connection between SP and RP. Once you look at that traffic you'll have more to go on.

(Save you the time looking for this)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a00804916e0.shtml#span_inband

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Tremblay posted:

Hope each site uses discrete/unique subnets!

Thank gently caress for this. Basically 2 of the three sites havent been configured in any meaningful way yet. So I should have flexibility on it.

Also I just got some of their technical documentation (hooray already having a clearance and all my information assurance training done) as well as their projected timelines. I'm good to go. I'm looking at a 1-2 year window to get VPN configured and a domain stood up.

:psypop:

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Walked posted:

Thank gently caress for this. Basically 2 of the three sites havent been configured in any meaningful way yet. So I should have flexibility on it.

Also I just got some of their technical documentation (hooray already having a clearance and all my information assurance training done) as well as their projected timelines. I'm good to go. I'm looking at a 1-2 year window to get VPN configured and a domain stood up.

:psypop:

2 years for an AD domain and two site to site VPNs is considered the performance metric? Wow.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

jbusbysack posted:

2 years for an AD domain and two site to site VPNs is considered the performance metric? Wow.

I'm really, really hoping someone is giving me wrong information. Granted, the task-list is much longer and has many other tasks as well. So we'll see. Money's too good regardless.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I think I'd rather find a carrier to do a private MPLS WAN for the multiple sites rather than deal with IPSec VPNs like that.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

mpls wan is expensive though compared to commodity broadband.

geera
May 20, 2003
I'm hoping someone can help me out, this is probably a really basic thing to correct, but I'm a relative newbie and am stumped.

I am trying to set up a guest wireless network that should have Internet access but otherwise be blocked from everything else. I have set up a new vlan (Vlan160), assigned the guest network to it in the AP, and have DHCP handing out addresses on 192.168.160.0 to clients that connect to it. So far so good.

I'm struggling with the access list that I need to create to segment this vlan off from everything else while allowing DNS, DHCP, and Internet access. We have 5 other subnets (192.168.140, 141, 142, 143, 200.0) that should be invisible to this network. This is what I've managed to cobble together thanks to Google:

code:
ip access-list extended Guests
 permit udp 192.168.160.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.200.201 eq bootps
 permit udp 192.168.160.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.200.201 eq domain
 permit udp 192.168.160.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.200.202 eq bootps
 permit udp 192.168.160.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.200.202 eq domain
 permit tcp any any eq 443
 permit tcp any any eq www
 permit tcp any 192.168.160.0 0.0.0.255 established
 deny ip any any
(192.168.200.201 and .202 are our DNS/DHCP servers)

The result is that this actually works -- kinda. Clients on the guest wireless can't access the file server or Exchange, etc, and can use the Internet, BUT they are also able to access any other internal servers on port 80 if they offer that service (like all our switches, SAN, other web-based management consoles).

I realize the problem is with the line to allow any www/443 traffic to any destination, but I don't know how to tell it "just let 80/443 go out to the internet and nowhere else internally". Our default route for internet traffic is set properly on the switches to 192.168.140.2. If I make a rule permitting port 80 traffic only to that host, web browsing fails to work. Only with any/any does the Internet work, but of course has that unwanted side-effect.

Any suggestions? :allears:

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

geera posted:

I realize the problem is with the line to allow any www/443 traffic to any destination, but I don't know how to tell it "just let 80/443 go out to the internet and nowhere else internally". Our default route for internet traffic is set properly on the switches to 192.168.140.2. If I make a rule permitting port 80 traffic only to that host, web browsing fails to work. Only with any/any does the Internet work, but of course has that unwanted side-effect.

Any suggestions? :allears:
Deny TCP on 80/443 to your private addresses, and permit to all others.

i.e.:
code:
deny tcp any 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 eq 443
deny tcp any 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 eq 80
! repeat the above lines for any other networks you want to prevent http/https access to
permit tcp any any eq 443
permit tcp any any eq www
edit: The reason permitting web traffic to 192.168.140.2 failed to allow the wireless hosts to reach the Internet is that they weren't trying to reach 192.168.140.2, they were trying to reach whatever public IP address the website is using. So the destination address in the packets didn't match 192.168.140.2 and so they were dropped.

edit edit: You also shouldn't need to explicitly deny ip any any on the end of your ACL either. Deny ip any any is implicit - although if you want to log denied external access attempts for whatever reason you can add "log" onto the end of deny ip any any to see the details of blocked packets in your device log.

ruro fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 7, 2011

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

jwh posted:

mpls wan is expensive though compared to commodity broadband.

But on the up side the MPLS WAN usually comes with an SLA (with penalties) worth a drat.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

ragzilla posted:

But on the up side the MPLS WAN usually comes with an SLA (with penalties) worth a drat.

Also true.

geera
May 20, 2003

ruro posted:

helpful words
Awesome, that did the trick. Thanks!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I'm having an issue with ASA version 8.4(2), I'm not sure if it's an issue with how I configured it or some change since the previous versions. I currently have 7 other firewalls running in the same fashion but with 8.0(4).

I have a switch connecting my ASA to a netscaler. The ASA has one interface for the egress network and one that goes to the netscaler network. For some reason I'm unable to reach any IP on the netscaler unless I initiate the connection from the netscaler. So basically it doesn't seem like it's able to connect to directly connected networks without statically assigning the ARP entries.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or give me some idea of why it might be happening? The latest versions of ASA changed quite a bit so I'm wondering if that might be the reason since everything about the environment is basically the same.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
I have a Juniper-related networking question, but it might fall under the category of general network config anyway.

I currently have our a SSG320M HA cluster protecting our datacenter network in Las Vegas. We are doing a network redesign and we’re looking for the best way to bake in switch resiliency as well as firewall resiliency in the case of an outage. Our firewalls are currently in an HA pair that can fail over based on hardware failure or an internet outage, but can’t fail over if an internal switch fails. We only have 2 internal switches, with all of our hosts dual-homed into both switches. I have been looking into ScreenOS technologies to help us accomplish this, but I haven’t found any that seem to work for what we want to accomplish.

Our current plan has us using a bgroup on both firewalls, and simply leaving one of the cables disconnected to avoid making a loop. Obviously this doesn’t create full redundancy and since this datacenter is 6 hours away, the solution doesn’t really work. After reading the ScreenOS High Availability guide, it looks like bgroups are a supported way to get redundancy for one firewall, but not for two. We also don’t want a switch failure to also require a firewall failover, if we can prevent it, which is why we want both firewalls plugged into both switches.

Is there an option or configuration that we’re missing?

Rough diagram of what I'm talking about attached.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

ElCondemn posted:

I'm having an issue with ASA version 8.4(2), I'm not sure if it's an issue with how I configured it or some change since the previous versions. I currently have 7 other firewalls running in the same fashion but with 8.0(4).

I have a switch connecting my ASA to a netscaler. The ASA has one interface for the egress network and one that goes to the netscaler network. For some reason I'm unable to reach any IP on the netscaler unless I initiate the connection from the netscaler. So basically it doesn't seem like it's able to connect to directly connected networks without statically assigning the ARP entries.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or give me some idea of why it might be happening? The latest versions of ASA changed quite a bit so I'm wondering if that might be the reason since everything about the environment is basically the same.

Is there NAT in play or differing security levels? NAT was the major change between those two code trains. Also try running it through packet-tracer and check the output difference between the two.

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

jbusbysack posted:

Is there NAT in play or differing security levels? NAT was the major change between those two code trains. Also try running it through packet-tracer and check the output difference between the two.

Sounds like a NAT issue I had on the FWSM.

Check your xlate table, then clear it (not during production hours). The issue I had was that the translate was happening on the wrong interfaces...it ended up being a bug in the software.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

jbusbysack posted:

I did configure the NAT between the two interfaces. After reading some release notes I tried it with proxy-arp disabled as well as enabled route lookup which is apparently what the previous versions defaulted to but I had no luck getting that working.

The first thing I did was check my log and run the packet tracer, everything seemed to be working fine but the traffic never seemed to reach the netscaler. It's possible that the issue is with the netscaler so I opened up a case with them but it's running the same configuration I've run several times before with no issue. So I'm leaning towards the ASA being the issue, since it's the only difference in this environment. For now adding static arp entries is working but it's odd that I have to do this.

edit:
The xlate table seems to be fine to me, I'm not seeing anything that could be translating to the wrong interface

code:
NAT from qwest-dmz1:1.2.3.4 to outside-qwest1:1.2.3.4
    flags sI idle 1:18:45 timeout 0:00:00

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 13, 2011

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe
Open a TAC case as well. You may have hit a bug of some sort.

Also, we haven't moved to 8.4 because of the NAT changes. Would definitely be interested in hearing any stories on it. We tried once and failed miserably and had to roll back. We're planning to go at it again in January.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

CaptainGimpy posted:

Also, we haven't moved to 8.4 because of the NAT changes. Would definitely be interested in hearing any stories on it. We tried once and failed miserably and had to roll back. We're planning to go at it again in January.

Yea I'm thinking it's a bug as well, going to open a case with TAC as soon as I get the support contract straightened out. Luckily I have a work around for now.

So far I am liking the NAT changes but it is different enough that I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm running into bugs.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

madsushi posted:

I have a Juniper-related networking question, but it might fall under the category of general network config anyway.

I currently have our a SSG320M HA cluster protecting our datacenter network in Las Vegas. We are doing a network redesign and we’re looking for the best way to bake in switch resiliency as well as firewall resiliency in the case of an outage. Our firewalls are currently in an HA pair that can fail over based on hardware failure or an internet outage, but can’t fail over if an internal switch fails. We only have 2 internal switches, with all of our hosts dual-homed into both switches. I have been looking into ScreenOS technologies to help us accomplish this, but I haven’t found any that seem to work for what we want to accomplish.

Our current plan has us using a bgroup on both firewalls, and simply leaving one of the cables disconnected to avoid making a loop. Obviously this doesn’t create full redundancy and since this datacenter is 6 hours away, the solution doesn’t really work. After reading the ScreenOS High Availability guide, it looks like bgroups are a supported way to get redundancy for one firewall, but not for two. We also don’t want a switch failure to also require a firewall failover, if we can prevent it, which is why we want both firewalls plugged into both switches.

Is there an option or configuration that we’re missing?

Rough diagram of what I'm talking about attached.

If a switch fails, wouldn't that be a link failure? I know in an ASA you can monitor specific interfaces and failover if the link fails. I assume you can do the same on a juniper.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Powercrazy posted:

If a switch fails, wouldn't that be a link failure? I know in an ASA you can monitor specific interfaces and failover if the link fails. I assume you can do the same on a juniper.

Primary/backup interfaces could work, but only if the switch fails in a link-down state. If it's a misconfiguration or some sort out of outage that doesn't cause link-down, then the Juniper doesn't know to switch over to the other link. My bgroup (bridge-group) design gets around this because both interfaces are active, but I can't figure out how to get both firewalls into a bgroup config without creating a loop. We had an issue with a NAP tech misconfiguring a switch and don't want to have a repeat of that outage.

Kenfoldsfive
Jan 1, 2003

The un-bitey-ness of a chicken's head and the "I don't want to cook that"-ness of a dog's body

CaptainGimpy posted:

I think the 8.3+ real IP NAT makes more sense once you get used to it, but be prepared to do a lot of troubleshooting and a lot of slamming your head against the wall. Also remember the RAM requirements are different between 8.2 and 8.3+ (512MB vs 2GB, I think).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

madsushi posted:

Primary/backup interfaces could work, but only if the switch fails in a link-down state. If it's a misconfiguration or some sort out of outage that doesn't cause link-down, then the Juniper doesn't know to switch over to the other link. My bgroup (bridge-group) design gets around this because both interfaces are active, but I can't figure out how to get both firewalls into a bgroup config without creating a loop. We had an issue with a NAP tech misconfiguring a switch and don't want to have a repeat of that outage.
That is a limitation of a layer 2 network. There is no mechanism to detect configuration failure, so it has to rely on the physical. Both interfaces are in the same broadcast domain, so anywhere one can get to the other can as well.

The other option you have is change to routed interfaces and run some kind of routing protocol. But that would require a pretty drastic redesign.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

Yea I'm thinking it's a bug as well, going to open a case with TAC as soon as I get the support contract straightened out. Luckily I have a work around for now.

So far I am liking the NAT changes but it is different enough that I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm running into bugs.

Can you post debug arp output?

Probably a capture on the netscaler and "other" interface as well.

DBMaster
Dec 29, 2004
Societal Bane
My friend's workplace is trying to put a VPN in place, so that a few users can connect to a fileshare from home. They have a UC-540, but I don't really know much about Cisco to give him an answer to this.

The office has a DSL connection which has a static IP. They had a contractor in there who initially set up the router, but he said that VPN (and port forwarding for some reason...) won't work on the UC-540 unless you also tell the router what the IP address and the gateway is (keep in mind that they are PPPOE, and it's auto assigned and never changes).

Basically, the contractor is saying that, on top of the PPPOE login, that you also have to enter the IP/Gateway info into the router or else VPN and port forwarding will not work. (Note that they want to use the Cisco VPN client.)

He said the contractor mumbled something about self-signed certificates and such and while I can sort of understand why this might impede VPN functionality, I can't see where this would matter for port forwarding?

My question, is this contractor an idiot/BS'ing him/actually telling the truth?

DBMaster fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 13, 2011

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Has anyone gotten nmap to work in Windows 7? I don't have my *bsd or *nix VM right now and I'd really like to do some scanning.

Alternatively is there an equivalent tool?

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001
In Cisco Call Manager 8.5 (Not Express), is there any way possible to have an intercom line auto-answer to the speakerphone without being muted? I know the functionality exists in Express, but I can't find the option anywhere in call manager.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tremblay posted:

Can you post debug arp output?

Probably a capture on the netscaler and "other" interface as well.

The arp request seems to be going to the correct interface, if that's right it might not be a problem with the ASA.

I'm going to see if I can span from the switch and capture from the netscaler later today. I found someone with a similar problem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2114123

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

The arp request seems to be going to the correct interface, if that's right it might not be a problem with the ASA.

I'm going to see if I can span from the switch and capture from the netscaler later today. I found someone with a similar problem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2114123

Yeah want to make sure that ASA is actually ARPing for the next hop correctly. If it can't resolve the next hop for some reason then the traffic gets black holed. Might want to double check your route table and make sure that matches up as well.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tremblay posted:

Yeah want to make sure that ASA is actually ARPing for the next hop correctly. If it can't resolve the next hop for some reason then the traffic gets black holed. Might want to double check your route table and make sure that matches up as well.

Do I need a next hop for a directly connected network? My tcpdump on the netscaler isn't showing the ARP, I'm going to have to go down to our datacenter to do a SPAN on the switch.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

Do I need a next hop for a directly connected network? My tcpdump on the netscaler isn't showing the ARP, I'm going to have to go down to our datacenter to do a SPAN on the switch.

If it's a directly connected network, no.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tremblay posted:

If it's a directly connected network, no.

Yea, that's the issue I'm having. I shouldn't be having issues with send arp on the firewall for a directly connected network.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Powercrazy posted:

Has anyone gotten nmap to work in Windows 7? I don't have my *bsd or *nix VM right now and I'd really like to do some scanning.

Alternatively is there an equivalent tool?
I use it every day, pretty sure I just installed it on windows 7 enterprise x64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Dang. It is fubard on my laptop right now. Keeps complaining about not having a route to the network, even though I know it does. When I did a google search for the problem, it seems that it is a known issue with *bsd implementations, which I assume has been ported over to windows.

Oh well, guess I'll wait until I can get my VM spun up.