Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I bought a desk as a Christmas present today and it ended up being way heavier than I thought. In the aisle, I barely had the thing wriggled to my cart and someone put down his cell in mid conversation and helped. Then, someone else helped me get in the car and even took my cart to the return for me. Thanks so much people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Zeke's Coffee Company in Baltimore sent me a pound of their 2011 Holiday Roast coffee, I guess because I bought a whole buncha mail order from them before I started roasting my own. Awesome surprise!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I just had the greatest weekend ever! A lot of amazing foods, friends, chocolate, alcohol and Arrested Development. And I'm one of those weird people who loves my job so I look forward to Mondays. Next weekend is only going to be better still.

:dance:

Sarah Barracuda
Jun 24, 2007

I just discovered I failed a course needed in order to graduate next semester so to say I was bummed is a huge understatement.

But today is my parents 31st wedding anniversary. My mother just sent me pictures of the bouquet my dad had delivered to her:

They eloped a few months after meeting despite a huge language barrier. Never looked back in the face of immigration woes, racism on both sides and problems conceiving. I texted them congratulations and said that without their marriage, I'd be completely disillusioned with the institution altogether (Very few friends I've had weren't raised by single/divorced parents). My father responded:

My dad posted:

Baby, thanks for your wonderful thoughts...the best thing about our marriage is you and your bro!!! U never know when the love bug will hit u, especially when u least expect it. Love happens. :)

Hello, perspective. Real love not only exists -- I'm privileged enough to be a product of it. Too often, I take this for granted.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Thanks for everything.

E: VVV This is a wonderful feeling once you've both moved on. Breakups blow, but the feeling of moving past it is fantastic -- especially when you're genuinely happy for your ex and their new SO.

Sarah Barracuda has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Dec 5, 2011

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A long talk with my ex's significant other last night has left my self-confidence through the roof :blush: (In a good way, I should clarify. Her girlfriend is lovely and very much wants to meet me :3:)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Sarah Barracuda posted:

Hello, perspective. Real love not only exists -- I'm privileged enough to be a product of it. Too often, I take this for granted.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Thanks for everything.
Awe, that's adorable :3:

I'm heading to see my best friend's new office tonight after work. He's so proud, it has a door and everything. Then we're going to eat celebratory tacos and gaze adoringly at a really hot bartender while drinking liquor of some sort. It's the simple things that make life awesome.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Since my coworker called in sick the other day his PTO is gone so now I get the half day I requested on the 16th - which means free dinner and drinks at Wildfire for me, courtesy of boyfriend's job. Score!

Also I got a surprise immersion blender in the mail from my stepmother so now I can make potato leek soup. :buddy:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Found out I still have JSTOR access, which is immensely helpful for my paper for my bat poo poo Art History teacher who thinks a 10-20 page paper with a minimum of 10 sources is reasonable for Art 103 at a community college. I had more lax term papers in 300 level History courses, holy poo poo.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Had a fantastic dinner with my wonderful girlfriend, and then we both sorta fell asleep watching QI. A nice way to tie together two months with her, in my opinion.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

~10 days ago had the first birthday in a decade that I actually enjoyed. Adopted a cat which is something I've wanted to do for years. Coming home to a cat mewing to sit in your lap is fantastic. Seeking help for depression ~5 months ago is the best move I have made yet.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Found out I'm going to be able to take the rest of my vacation that I'd otherwise lose in January to go visit a friend I haven't seen in close to 10 years up in the mountains/go snowboarding.

:neckbeard:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Taking steps toward being less shy and passive (/-aggressive).

A good buddy of mine skipped my housewarming and a phone call afterward (he's a pastor, so I totally get it) and then later dropped me a line to see when we could meet, and waited five days to respond. Then he wanted me to meet later and call him. The old me would have tried any way to make it work and been miserable to have so little notice and to stay out late. The current me just said shine, let's do it some other time.

I don't know if that made any sense, but it feels like I have a new mind. (Future me is going to stop giving any fucks period, and also procrastinate less, and meet with him because I have nothing otherwise to do.) :)

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I slept 'till 12 today!

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
This might not be what you're looking for in such a feel-good thread, but Quadra FNX stock rising by four dollars and fifty-six (around 40% of it's initial value) certainly made my day.

Because I own stock in it, you see

Neige has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Dec 6, 2011

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Viewed a house I'm gonna hopefully be living in next school year. Also realised how much I love my best friend, it's been three months since I saw her and we still talk every day. Can't wait to get home for Christmas.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Client gave me two free tickets to the Redskins vs. Patriots game this Sunday in really good seats! Although being a Redskins fan is masochistic :unsmith:

Veilan
Jan 29, 2008
King of the Jews
Just learned how to post images w/o leeching! :kiddo:

rds
Nov 28, 2004
I was able to walk my dog for the first time since surgery by myself today, and the sun was shining. I'm pretty sure we were both really happy for that, since it's going to get cloudy and muggy very soon.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Got asked out by a very pretty girl I've been attracted to for a long time. It's a long distance relationship, so it might be kind of shaky, but I really, really like her, and, amazingly enough, she apparently likes me too! My Christmas present has to be sent tomorrow to get to her on time, but that's okay. :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Today I did maybe 1 hour of actual work in my 8 hour shift. I took a 2.5 hour nap before lunch. It was awesome. My boss was in a good mood and was really cool today.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Found this site, just in time for tomorrow's Organic final!

i will still get an 80 at best

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Woodhouse posted:

Client gave me two free tickets to the Redskins vs. Patriots game this Sunday in really good seats! Although being a Redskins fan is masochistic :unsmith:

Redskins for life.

Today I studied for all my exams and took about 10 practice tests and aced every single one of them. My math exam is going to be a piece of cake if this is an indicator.

Volksfestmensch
Mar 27, 2009
I got home early from work, will pack my stuff and fly to Morocco tomorrow with my girlfriend...
First real holidays since I don't know when! :dance:

Volksfestmensch has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Dec 8, 2011

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
This morning I got an out of the blue invite to dinner on Saturday. This has high potential for disaster but I'm going to go. If anything it'll be a good story later.

One of my good guy friend complimented me on the dress that I'm wearing. Then he gave me his friend's number and told me to wear the dress when I meet up with him. And to wear it this Saturday. Apparently the dress has magical powers or something.

My vacation for the end of the month was approved. Now I just need to figure out how to spend 3 weeks next year!

Smiley!
Dec 7, 2009

The Picard Maneuver
I just got cast as Touchstone in a local production of As You Like It. It's going to be my first Shakespeare play I've ever acted in. This first week of rehearsals is getting me really psyched up.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I slept in for an extra hour and nobody at work noticed or cared (and likewise when I left an hour early), and when I got to my desk I found an envelope sitting on my chair. Inside was a $50 gift card to one of the local malls from a vendor we do business with.

Later I got a bunch of new clothes in the mail and two more things I ordered finally shipped out and will be here next week.

To top it off a girl I've been seeing asked me over to her place tomorrow night for dinner and a movie.

I love my life.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Noctone posted:

I slept in for an extra hour and nobody at work noticed or cared (and likewise when I left an hour early), and when I got to my desk I found an envelope sitting on my chair. Inside was a $50 gift card to one of the local malls from a vendor we do business with.

Later I got a bunch of new clothes in the mail and two more things I ordered finally shipped out and will be here next week.

To top it off a girl I've been seeing asked me over to her place tomorrow night for dinner and a movie.

I love my life.

Totally randomly decided to check this thread and look who posted last.

Getting poo poo in the mail is like Christmas. I got four boxes of new photo studio equipment today and it is amazing.

Also I met the perfect girl last night and she seems to be as enthralled with me as I am with her.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Totally randomly decided to check this thread and look who posted last.

Getting poo poo in the mail is like Christmas. I got four boxes of new photo studio equipment today and it is amazing.

Also I met the perfect girl last night and she seems to be as enthralled with me as I am with her.
:hfive:

I seriously danced around like a little kid when I heard the UPS guy coming up the stairwell.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I went on a date with a girl and it went awesome. She's way hotter than me also.
Also I can fit into a shirt I have had a while because I lost 2 stone. :c00lbert:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's kind of cheesy but I was hanging out with a coworker who I've become good friends with. Somehow the conversation caused her to say that if I ever had to have any procedures or got hurt and needed someone to drive me, she'd take off work and be "my person" :shobon: It's cheesy but it's awesome to have someone say that.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
My trainer moved me up in intensity on just about every weight/exercise she has me do, then I came home and wrote 15 pages on the evolution of the U.S. as a superpower to finish off my last class for the semester, finally capping off the evening by eating pizza and dying my hair before packing to go to Boulder tomorrow for a weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday late and mine early with a drunken/stoned debauch on Sunday.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Finally turned in the last of my final projects yesterday, and thus ends my hell month (I'm too cool for simple finals hell weeks) of 9 AM to 2 AM workdays.

:feelsgood:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend gave me part of my Christmas/birthday gift early: a hard drive upgrade for my Macbook Pro, from 250GB (a nice chunk of that was for Bootcamp though, so I had even less space than that to work with) to 500GB. Spent a few hours installing it and cloning my old hard drive onto it, and he got me a cute little casing to put my old drive in so I can still use it for external storage.

That boy sure knows the way to my heart :3:

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Yesterday was amazing! I woke up early enough to get to the indoor Farmer's Market and buy stuff for my holiday baking, and hit a local craft fair to get yarn for my knitty friends christmas gifts for waaaay less than I expected to spend, woo hoo!

It was my fiances birthday, so we went to Pegasus Games and spent money on him, score of the trip was Munchkin Axe Cop! :D On the way home stopped at the shop that sells costumes to LARPers and re-enactors and other crazy people, and the owner and I were chatting when a customer came in to ask about getting a custom doublet made, and she handed me the commission right there. I took his measurements, ran up the mall with him to Hancock Fabrics and bought the materials on sale, and he paid in full. My first custom commission in three years, guys, I'm delighted and terrified! I've had health issues that have sucked the energy and attention span right out of me, and this is the firt time I've dared to accept that sort of commitment since things got weird for me.

When we got home, fiance went to play with his birthday presents and sort Lego bricks, and I cleaned the kitchen and made dinner. Poached salmon, sauteed greens, squash, a green salad and raspberry shortcake for dessert. I made dinner. Again, havent had the energy to stand and clean the kitchen, let alone cook, for a few years so this was wonderful.

I may be back to normal again, or at least a reasonable facimile thereof. You have no idea how awesome it feels to clean the kitchen, or go grocery shopping, or do any of a thousand things you do as a matter of course until you can't do them because you get sick and dizzy and have horrible exhaustion and pain from the effort. But it was a wonderful day, full of simple, everyday things and some awesome things too, and I could actually DO IT and not just sit quietly while someone else did it for me because I couldn't. :unsmith:

It's a miracle, totally unlooked for and unexpected. A normal day.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

My baby slept all through the night AND stood up by himself for the first time today. Those who have never been extremely sleep deprived for months on end have no idea the magnitude of the first part. The second part is just a very exciting, happy bonus :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Went to the Alamo Drafthouse. Best theatre ever.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a hilarious conversation today with some good friends that involved many very terrible puns. They were truly awful, and I am still giggling at some of them.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I went to a work party last night where I got a LOT of compliments on my new dress. Plus my best friend drove 1.5 hours to come be my date and we had an amazing time.

Then today I got to see my mom for the first time in weeks. After, I bought my very first smartphone! :woop: I have no idea how to use it yet but it's just nice to be able to finally afford things now that I have a real job for the first time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Getting another Santee in SASS!

Seeing pictures of a neighbor's kid, who is now an adult and nearly a professional dancer. drat amazing. No, I don't mean strip, she does ballet and modern stuff.

Done with Xmas shopping entirely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Despite how miserable I was today, I was still a middle class white male in USA. So it still pretty easy to deal with.