Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

YF-23 posted:

e: oh god why did Bro program it to do that

Why wouldn't he? I've been waiting for this callback forever. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Nate RFB posted:

I don't like considering the clock to be particularly special other than an outside indicator because not only has it been crowbarred into insignificance timeline-wise, but the very universe it resides in was destroyed. So, then, what of our remaining god tiers? Will they now simply die because they no longer have this clock protecting them? Or the inverse, they can't die now no matter what? Why in the world does the First Guardian of an entirely separate universe have a device that apparently decides the fate of all god tiers? I definitely believe this the case:

"If not, then the destruction of the clock becomes more a violent gesture of punctuation to accompany this "divine ruling", like nails being driven into a coffin. Or, like a tolling bell. It's jarring, sudden, and carries finality."

E: Also how in the hell would Slick know it was deciding Vriska's fate? And that he was going to kill her with it??? That's a pretty big reach, even for Hussie.

Who is to say that the clock we saw for John was that same clock in DS's house? Who is to say the clock in the troll's universe no longer exists? We ourselves saw that a part of DS's mansion continues to exist even though the troll universe ended.

And Slick wouldn't know. He just hates clocks. There was a clock there and he broke it. It was a mere coincidence.

Kit Walker fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 7, 2011

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
Another avatar!

Well we have the goat bleating. Now what is brobot going to piss on?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brobot = new best character :allears:

A thought: Brobot (and possibly Kidbro) uses a cap as his symbol despite not actually wearing a cap. Ah, the mystical secrets of The Ironies~~~~

Also I dunno if anyone has already said this but I can't wait until we get to the new universe and see the constellation shaped like a hat :3:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 7, 2011

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ketzal posted:

Oh god that's why Jake didn't want novice mode turned on :ohdear:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Ketzal posted:

Another avatar!

Brobot, you're too anime to drive.

Not that I would use it, but I think that Jane POFfing her hat would make a good avatar. I'm waiting for the first hero mode Lalonde for my next avatar.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
So bro has both a robot version of himself and an AI version of himself. The autostrider has emotions but no body, and the robot probably has a body but no emotions. Seems pretty obvious that the two are gonna be fused together to make a completely self aware robotic bro duplicate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Rooreelooo posted:

So bro has both a robot version of himself and an AI version of himself. The autostrider has emotions but no body, and the robot probably has a body but no emotions. Seems pretty obvious that the two are gonna be fused together to make a completely self aware robotic bro duplicate.
Robot gets first tied prototyped, autoresponder gets second tiered prototyped. Jake has to deal with him as his guide the rest of the quest.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
Does anyone else see an ouroboros-goatdad as the goatdad's iris? I could be imagining it, but I don't think it's that likely.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I saw the ouroboros too, but when it closed up it disappeared. I think it just happened to look like one.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

creationist believer posted:

Not that I would use it, but I think that Jane POFfing her hat would make a good avatar. I'm waiting for the first hero mode Lalonde for my next avatar.

If anyone wants any of these, go ahead and grab it.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
BEST loving CALLBACK EVER holy poo poo I have been waiting on that one for like 3961 pages or something

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nate RFB posted:

Robot gets first tied prototyped, autoresponder gets second tiered prototyped. Jake has to deal with him as his guide the rest of the quest.

I think there is someone else a little more likely to be prototyped. Someone who is also "basically loving [DS]."

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

MrBims posted:

I think there is someone else a little more likely to be prototyped. Someone who is also "basically loving [DS]."

Isn't that the autoresponder which was already mentioned?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Holy poo poo, Bro. Why in the hell would you program a robot to do...that?

Sonata
Jan 29, 2004

I have a feeling all those sweet, innocent Tinkerbulls are about to get killed somehow, because it's just their nature.

:(

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Someone. Not something. And not any one or any thing in the scratched universe. He will be arriving soon though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

Holy poo poo, Bro. Why in the hell would you program a robot to do...that?

Do you mean killing monsters or bleating like a goat? Because the first one seems pretty self-evident.

No, scratch that, both of them do. :colbert:

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I think he means Davesprite?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Davespritesprite

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

MrBims posted:

Someone. Not something. And not any one or any thing in the scratched universe. He will be arriving soon though.

Bro's corpse? That would be a good way to mess with DS's head...

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
First tier: autoresponder
Second tier: bro's corpse

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

FewtureMD posted:

Bingo. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well, in other news it looks like my care package from TopatoCo is about to make its way from The Land of Freedom and Fast Food to The Land of Riots and Royalty (USA to UK!). I hope it will at least get here before christmas.

Also, I'm also hoping for a autobrocorpsesprite, cos that would just take this comic to a whole new level of awesome!

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

FewtureMD posted:

This would be a hilarious callback to the time after Jade: Enter where people were hoping for Bro's corpse to get secondary prototyped with Bec, which spawned some amusing and sometimes surprisingly cool fanart.

That said, I only want big Bro prototyped if the other prototyping is something as equally silly, like Lil' Cal or a Lusus.

Other than that, I'm hoping for the Robo Bro and Auto Responder double prototyping. It'd be a good way to consolidate two interesting concepts into one character.

Either that, or prototyping both Sawtooth and Squarewave and somehow having a two-headed rapping robot sprite.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Hey, check out the sound credits page for some choice info on the latest [S].

the sound credits page posted:

Page 6175 - Sick Bleats
:allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

FaceTime posted:

Well, in other news it looks like my care package from TopatoCo is about to make its way from The Land of Freedom and Fast Food to The Land of Riots and Royalty (USA to UK!). I hope it will at least get here before christmas.

Also, I'm also hoping for a autobrocorpsesprite, cos that would just take this comic to a whole new level of awesome!

What was the shipping cost like? Once christmas is over I may wish to transportilize myself some hefty tomes to the Land of Clouds and Tartan

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Ketzal posted:

Another avatar!

Alright, I'm gonna have to call this one. Any thoughts on what should in the title?

Sick Bleats in Bro orange?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Ketzal posted:

Another avatar!

I think it could really use a cutaway shot of the goat's eye with brobot reflected in it.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Prison Warden posted:

What was the shipping cost like? Once christmas is over I may wish to transportilize myself some hefty tomes to the Land of Clouds and Tartan

Too much! Think it was something like $13 for the cheapest option. So if you are thinking about it, be prepared to spend some serious dosh (depending on what the exchange rate is like of course)

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
So some of the books have shipped out and the author notes are as amazing as I expected.

quote:

Look at dear, sweet Liv’s luscious, pouting lips. They are every teen boy’s dream, and nearly as beautiful as my own.

I'm buying this next printing :allears:

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Pastrymancy posted:

So some of the books have shipped out and the author notes are as amazing as I expected.

I'm buying this next printing :allears:

A friend of mine got his today and he says it's awesome and 100% worth it and he's going to buy every volume. There's author commentary on every page.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Kusaru posted:

There's author commentary on every page.

That's pretty crazy. I wonder if that's what took up his time during that three month hiatus. You know, in between bouts of animating a 14 minute long Flash animation. Looking forward to mine as soon as he's done sketching in it (that's right, I'm part of the reason why he's had to slow down, deal with it :colbert:)

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Kusaru posted:

A friend of mine got his today and he says it's awesome and 100% worth it and he's going to buy every volume. There's author commentary on every page.

I hope the authors commentary is exactly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncR2_pnzngM

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Sepherothic posted:

I hope the authors commentary is exactly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncR2_pnzngM
You know, I'd genuinely love to hear Andrew do an audio commentary over some of the flash animations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Roger Explosion posted:

You know, I'd genuinely love to hear Andrew do an audio commentary over some of the flash animations.
"So this is the part where Bro slices through the meteor. I think this is a really good scene because he's riding on Maplehoof there. And that is just absurd."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I don't want commentary on Homestuck. I want commentary on Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh god SBaHJ commentary. That would be awesome. Dave's introduction and the link to SBaHJ are in Act 2, right? Does that mean we'll get SBaHJ in print form?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

YF-23 posted:

Oh god SBaHJ commentary. That would be awesome. Dave's introduction and the link to SBaHJ are in Act 2, right? Does that mean we'll get SBaHJ in print form?

The only proper form for SBaHJ is illuminated manuscript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

JT Jag posted:

"So this is the part where Bro slices through the meteor. I think this is a really good scene because he's riding on Maplehoof there. And that is just absurd."
"This scene was a pain to animate." "Now this scene... this was a pain." "Oh, THIS scene. Ugh. Such a pain." (Hussie has complained on more than one occasion about Flash being difficult to work with.)