Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

That did the trick. When I first logged into Google Voice on my new phone, it forced me to do the carrier integration. The only options it gave me were to convert my Voice number to my Sprint number or make my phone use my Voice number. There was no option to decline. :(

There most certainly is a skip option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.

halokiller posted:

So Epic 4G Touch owners got an OTA update today:

Of course, it only installs on EG30 modems and I flashed EG31 from that link a while back. :doh:
I don't have LOS issues or any other problems so it's fine for now.

I'm sure this will be in a flashable form in a matter of hours, assuming it wasn't already leaked.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
So if that OTA update for the Epic Touch doesn't add more bugs, it's pretty much a fantastic phone now right? I'm considering buying one on Ebay if I get a Christmas bonus. I think I can live without CM7 as long as I can still root it, and hopefully there will eventually be either an official ICS update or a stable ICS rom (but I'm not basing my purchase on hope).

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

big mean giraffe posted:

There most certainly is a skip option.

I had two options: Replace my Voice number with my Sprint number or use my Voice number as my phone number. There was no third option. Going back only took me to the screen where I entered my credentials. Menu did not give me any additional options either.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Has anyone dumped AT&T for Sprint?

If you have, any opinions on if it was worth the small savings over AT&T's plans and getting unlimited data?

I've been reading that Sprint's speeds are lovely, but you never know with random internets reviews. Then again AT&T coverage in my area is poo poo anyways, so I dunno. :o:

Haven't heard many good things about Sprint in all of my research.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I switched from AT&T to Sprint about 2 years ago and have been far more happy in every respect. Switched my parents over, same thing.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My speeds are pretty slow, no 4g where I live. But fast enough to stream audio.

I am tempted to jump to Verizon simply for the 4g coverage.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Honestly as long as it's fast enough for Pandora and some occasional Netflix streaming I really don't care how slow it is compared to AT&T.

Does anyone know if Sprint does the 30 day grace period thing with the iPhone? Just in case it ends up awful. :o:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Yeah but it's 14 days, not 30.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Eh, 14 days should be enough to know how good/bad it will be.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

halokiller posted:

So Epic 4G Touch owners got an OTA update today:

Of course, it only installs on EG30 modems and I flashed EG31 from that link a while back. :doh:
I don't have LOS issues or any other problems so it's fine for now.
The EG30 TAR was just posted so you can flash the EG30 modem and upgrade to EK02 now :)

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Q_res posted:

Actually, Sunday my 3D got a PRL update pushed to it. No idea what the update did though.

Speaking of PRL Updates...how do I check for these from my iPhone? I've dug around in the Settings menu, but I don't seen an option to check for updates. Do I have to call into Sprint to ask them?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

brc64 posted:

I had two options: Replace my Voice number with my Sprint number or use my Voice number as my phone number. There was no third option. Going back only took me to the screen where I entered my credentials. Menu did not give me any additional options either.

Probably stupid, It's been a while since I set it up, but are you sure it's not just asking you if you want gv to use your gv number..?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

ddogflex posted:

Probably stupid, It's been a while since I set it up, but are you sure it's not just asking you if you want gv to use your gv number..?

No, that's what I was expecting. The only thing that I can figure was different for me was that I was using a different Google account for Voice and had to sign in. Inmediately after signing in, it did some carrier check and presented me with the options. I'm half tempted to uninstall it and reinstall it, but I can't take screenshots at the moment and I'm incredibly lazy.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Ozmodiar posted:

Speaking of PRL Updates...how do I check for these from my iPhone? I've dug around in the Settings menu, but I don't seen an option to check for updates. Do I have to call into Sprint to ask them?

I think you have to do a ## type thing to update the PRL with the iPhone.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

datajosh posted:

The EG30 TAR was just posted so you can flash the EG30 modem and upgrade to EK02 now :)

Thanks, got the update and reinstalled my root/recovery.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

I think you have to do a ## type thing to update the PRL with the iPhone.

##update# does a profile update. IPhone only.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Aren't PRL and profile two different things? (preferred roaming list versus user id/password)

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

This doesn't do anything in my iPhone 4 dialer. Are there any other iPhone dialer codes?
code:
##RTN#
##DATA#
##EVDO#
##PRL#
These don't do anything, either.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

goku chewbacca posted:

This doesn't do anything in my iPhone 4 dialer. Are there any other iPhone dialer codes?
code:
##RTN#
##DATA#
##EVDO#
##PRL#
These don't do anything, either.

All codes are different with the iPhone, I have no idea off the top of my head.

Oh, and you have to hit call after ##update#

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
I asked this in another thread but I'm sure no one saw it (blew it off) but is Sprint going to get the GNex? This is the phone I'm holding out hope for and I blew off the E3D yesterday for it. :(

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

thisdude23 posted:

I asked this in another thread but I'm sure no one saw it (blew it off) but is Sprint going to get the GNex? This is the phone I'm holding out hope for and I blew off the E3D yesterday for it. :(

Noone knows officially

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

I would say not likely for a good 6 months, possibly when they roll out LTE, but I don't see it making a WiMAX debut.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is Ebay the cheapest place to get an epic 4g touch off contract?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is Ebay the cheapest place to get an epic 4g touch off contract?

That or Craigslist.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

900ftjesus posted:

I would say not likely for a good 6 months, possibly when they roll out LTE, but I don't see it making a WiMAX debut.

Good deal. I have an Evo now so if I guess I can look into getting an E3D off contract for the time being. Thanks.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong
Any good case recommendations for the Evo 3D? I've had mine for a couple months and am starting wish I had some kind of skin on it.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

vwman18 posted:

Any good case recommendations for the Evo 3D? I've had mine for a couple months and am starting wish I had some kind of skin on it.

What kind of case are you looking for? I have this on my EVO 3D and have been very happy with it. it's dirt cheap and has held up well over the last few months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-EVO-3D-BLACK-HYBRID-Skin-GEL-CASE-COVER-TPU-/310364168202?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item484325600a

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there any full body cases for the evo 3d? I was looking for something for the gym where maybe only the external ports are exposed.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

letsgoflyers81 posted:

What kind of case are you looking for? I have this on my EVO 3D and have been very happy with it. it's dirt cheap and has held up well over the last few months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-EVO-3D-BLACK-HYBRID-Skin-GEL-CASE-COVER-TPU-/310364168202?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item484325600a

I'm very happy with the TPU case I got, but don't get white. After a couple months in my pocket it's now blue.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong

letsgoflyers81 posted:

That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I was going to get an Otterbox Commuter as we really like the one we got for my wife's iPhone, but I read too many complaints about the rubber bit losing its shape fairly quickly.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I have an upgrade coming in 4+ months, so naturally I'm getting back into looking at what phone I may be looking to jump on when that time comes around.

Are there any rumors of what we may see coming to Sprint in late Spring-Summer or am I going to have to wait for CES to hear anything?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

zenintrude posted:

I have an upgrade coming in 4+ months, so naturally I'm getting back into looking at what phone I may be looking to jump on when that time comes around.

Are there any rumors of what we may see coming to Sprint in late Spring-Summer or am I going to have to wait for CES to hear anything?

I would bet their next big phone will be around June/July if the last two years have been any indication.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Indeed, my upgrade kicks in May 1st but both the Evo and the Evo 3D were June releases so I'm waiting until then to see what's out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So what's the final story on Sprint unlocking the iPhone 4S? Internet searching seems to show that people are being told by customer care that Sprint will never be unlocking the iPhone. It would not be the first time that customer care reps said something that wasn't true. But I'm kind of worried that it is true. Other people are saying that they will not unlock the phones for people who are on a spending limit account. This would make sense if they were signing up for the sprint international plan, but isn't the whole point of unlocking the phone to be able to use a foreign SIM?

Typical Sprint miscommunication and runaround BS. I'm glad I don't work for that loving company anymore.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Duckman2008 posted:

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

vwman18 posted:

That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I was going to get an Otterbox Commuter as we really like the one we got for my wife's iPhone, but I read too many complaints about the rubber bit losing its shape fairly quickly.

No problem. It's low profile and the texture helps it from slipping out of your hand. It holds its shape great too. The only time it gets a bit stretched out is if I take it off repeatedly if I have to pull the battery for some reason. But after a day or two it goes back to its tight fit.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
For the DC area Sprint users, how do you like your service? I know Verizon is supposed to have really good service in the area, but EPRP looks like a really good deal for what you get.

Speaking of which, is EPRP only done online? I'm considering switching from ATT to Sprint which might be tricky online, plus I'm impatient and want my phone now.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ChadSexington posted:

Speaking of which, is EPRP only done online?
Ordering service has to be done online, yes.

ChadSexington posted:

I'm considering switching from ATT to Sprint which might be tricky online, plus I'm impatient and want my phone now.
Order the service now, get your phone with a new number. Try it out for a while, and when you're ready and happy with it, call *2 or go to a Sprint store and have your AT&T number ported over.

That way if you decide you're unhappy with the phone and service, you can return it to Sprint, cancel the service, and keep your AT&T phone and number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

So what's the final story on Sprint unlocking the iPhone 4S? Internet searching seems to show that people are being told by customer care that Sprint will never be unlocking the iPhone. It would not be the first time that customer care reps said something that wasn't true. But I'm kind of worried that it is true. Other people are saying that they will not unlock the phones for people who are on a spending limit account. This would make sense if they were signing up for the sprint international plan, but isn't the whole point of unlocking the phone to be able to use a foreign SIM?

Typical Sprint miscommunication and runaround BS. I'm glad I don't work for that loving company anymore.

I had a customer have one successfully unlocked last week, sprint international will unlock the sim card for global (note not domestic) carriers for any customers with no spending limit and that have been with sprint for 3+ months.