Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Collector posted:

:negative:

I feel dirty for liking Hulk now.

Youtube comments posted:

boateng to milan

sulley muntari to inter

lassana diara to madrid.

POMPEY Y U SO POOR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

Valid point. I was hungry and a bit angry when I made that post.

Feel free to get angry again, about that huge racist!

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

liverpool have a wonderfull stadium and great suporters, the match will be pleasant to watch

like players that look like me, players i can identify with
so obviously i don't like non white players

but in the future, i would like soccer to be reserved to white people, like it used to be

k...k....kenny?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Re: Leeds-Millwall on saturday

quote:

Yeah, I know it is the blokes name, Darren Deadman, but surely that is an insensitive choice to have plastered on the programme for such a game?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

SteadfastMeat posted:

Re: Leeds-Millwall on saturday

Darren Deadman wore a bra while delivering the fatal tombstone piledriver to Gary Speed. Trains. Rope. Venky's. Steroids. Memes. Posting.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I found an old BBC 606 thread from when Lucas signed for Liverpool (July 2007):

quote:

I was went to a few U-20 World Cup matches while was on vacation in canada, and i got to see first hand what kind of player the reds are getting. Eventhough he is no Giovanni Dos Santos, this guy has the best vision and touch I have seen from a midfielder at the u-20 World Cup. I strongly feel he will be a exceptional Box to Box midfielder to go along with the brazilain playing style

quote:

He could be a good player or a flop as we need 1 a season. I say that if he isn't the best we will make a profit on him if we sell him next summer

quote:

liverpool are offcially the new chelsea there buying players they dont need and they will end up ruining there careers

quote:

comment by sycostill
posted 8 Minutes Ago

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has predicted a bright Anfield future for new midfielder Lucas Leiva.

Anfield future, what Anfield future... new ground d'oh!!!!!!

rubbish rubbish rubbish..
==============================================================================================

Another parasitical manure fan again obsessed with the redmen.

LFC have sigbed a great young talent in Lucas.

The team you 'support' has signed the brunette Canadian version of Robbie Savage for £18m

quote:

Rafa has bought some great players in recent times (Leiva, Mascreno, Babel) - hopefully we will not be so reliant on our captain anymore.

I am a huge fan of Gerard - but if the current young breed of midfielders show their worth this season, I reckon we will cash in on Gerard and sell to a Italian or Spanish club.

quote:

5 yrs down the line it'll be an English player like Craig Lindfield or someone leading out the likes of Nemeth, Leiva, Leto, Simon, Pacheco, Threlfall, Darby etc.

Etc.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
most of those aren't terrible posts, what is wrong with your brain?

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Proud to root for the big black and bosnian bodybuilders of Man City

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

quote:

1 Whole year of European nights stuffed into one game at Anfield. The King at the helm, a glorious weekday night.... being deadly serious City will have never ever in their history experienced an atmosphere like it. Could seriously scare the poo poo out of them.

quote:

Thae's the great thing about cups. Imagine being a Cardiff or Palace supporter and facing Liverpool at Wembley. I sort of envy them the experience, even as losers.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Sunderland battle to keep Kieran Richardson after he reveals he belongs to Jesus

SUNDERLAND’S BIGGEST club, Sunderland AFC, are engaged in a desperate battle to hang on to their star midfielder Kieran Richardson after he revealed this weekend that his true owner is the son of god, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Richardson dropped the bombshell after scoring against Wolves on Sunday and lifting up his Sunderland jersey to expose a T-shirt bearing the message “I belong to Jesus”.
The celebration has set tongues wagging in the north east, amid fears that new boss Martin O’Neill will lose the player to the church, which already owns Kaka, Gavin Peacock and the Welsh side The New Saints.
Manchester United sold Richardson to Sunderland in 2007, but rumours have emerged this week that Sir Alex Ferguson actually transferred the player to legendary deity Jesus after being racked with guilt for tacitly supporting the Glazer buy-out at Old Trafford.
A distressed O’Neill spoke of his anguish today about being thrown in at the deep end in the first week of his rebuilding job at the Stadium of Light: “I’d planned to spend my first few training sessions getting to know the players’ likes and dislikes, learning their names, and teaching Nicklas Bendtner how to shoot,” he said.
“Now I’ve got to deal with contractual uncertainty, and I really hate having to do that, especially when we’re up against one of the traditional Big Four [Jesus, Allah, Zeus and Liverpool]. It’s a headache I could do without.”
Richardson – an atheist – is powerless in the tug-of-war for his services, but is thought to marginally prefer playing football for Sunderland instead of giving up his life in service of The Saviour, as he known to his fans.
“Kieran’s not having the best of time this season, to be fair,” said a pal. “But he’d certainly prefer to carry on with his life of passing and tracking back than spending his time polishing the collection plate or sourcing new boys for the clergy to kiss on the mouth.”
To compound O’Neill and Sunderland’s misery, the midfielder will miss Sunday’s visit of Blackburn Rovers after being booked for his celebration, which used a slogan owned by Kaka and thereby infringed copyright – an offence that referees have been instructed to clamp down on this season.

http://www.the-gaffer.com/news/sunderland-battle-keiran-richardson-i-belong-to-jesu.html

:rimshot:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
This thread is great.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/champions-league-group-stage-glorified-carling-cup-341952/

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Strictly speaking not football itself per say, but:

quote:

Whats everyones thought on Garth Crooks as a pundit? Always seems to talk sense and his analysis is spot on plus the way he talks slowly means he is easy to understand. I know the likes of Lawrenson, Hansen and Redknapp are probably the most popular but I dare say there are those who will says Crooks is better. Thoughts?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
lmao

quote:

Liverpoolrzt
I admit I cracked a slight smile when I found out United were out, but City annoys me. As an american relatively new to the sport, it still seems barbaric to allow Napoli, Bayern, and City in the same group. One of those teams had to go. Just because City don't have a high coefficient doesn't mean they're not a great team, haven't bought top talent this past summer, currently 1st in the EPL, but the UEFA system doesn't acknowledge that. It's an outdated system.
permalinkreportreply

Manchester Citydanvasquez29

I wouldn't say it's outdated really, how much more hosed would it be if the pots and places were determined by how good people 'thought' the teams would be the next year?
We've honestly way outperformed so far what I thought we'd be doing in August when the draw was.
It'd be like the NBA automatically giving the Miami Heat the number one seed in the East playoffs after they signed LeBron in the summer; you gotta earn your spot.
permalinkparentreportreply

Liverpoolrzt
Well right now, the UEFA system would be like giving Miami the 6 seed, because the Miami players in 2006-2007...9 of which don't even play for Miami anymore, did poorly in 2006. So the 2011 team gets a bad seed. Makes total sense.
Not that I know how to fix it or anything, I'm just commenting that it seems weird to me. The NBA system...where a team has 80 games to prove how good they are, and at the end of the season they count up the points and seed them into a tournament....that sorta makes sense. Yes upsets happen which keeps it exciting, but no team gets screwed into a 'group of death', it's all based on regular-season performance.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Gr31lly posted:

Strictly speaking not football itself per say, but:

Crooks is the best. If you claim otherwise I will report you. thanks

Psybro
May 12, 2002
http://www.superarticledirectory.com/Art/556584/119/Watch-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-vs-Manchester-City-Live-Stream.html

quote:

McCarthy is actually preparing his house alongside Carling Glass tie along with Manchester Location, said: "We misplaced five games to the bounce, we were 2-0, it absolutely was not an excellent position.

"Do I'm keen on being in such a situation? Certainly not. Use of else really does, but it's not at all useful (for your reaction with fans).

"Let me personally clarify a little something. No excellent. Do not give them away any credit.

"There might be no dissenting opinions, mindless idiots exactly who do, the many credit if it can be for me, Karl Henry, Andy Keogh in addition to Stephen Infirmary.

"Do not impart them with confidence or perhaps no credit we play well, in order to obtain a result. ''

McCarthy put in: "I almost believe that some come with the hope that it will likely be that way they are able to have their screaming along with remove from your manager.

"They are not shot by president or even the participants, so it is just a case of" Let's give this Gaffer. "

"I've done an awesome job the following. I arrived here five prohibited, there had been only 15 players in this article and only 1 million quid to spend.

"After all 5 years, we have our lastly year inside Premier League as well as the construction on the new arena, but we have a hard time.

"Come about, give the guys a little bit help. Usually do not give you the hassle. I think he's little ram.

"But WE also possessed tremendous support in the players that week, everyone in the club along with the fans for you to write along with mail inside. There solidarity right now there. ''

McCarthy spent 3 years as Gatwick City and it is happy to discover become a major force.

This individual said: "The club will be the same pub, but irritating like it, I played at Maine Road with all the stadium as well as all.

"This is often a surprising distort and everyone to these individuals. It's great to check out. ''

The BBC somehow linked to a blog site with a bot taking sport stories and apparently running them through some kind of hilarious random synonym programme, that page has since gone down but I found something similar on Google.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

This one is better.

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/our-champions-league-draw-338372/

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Redcafe is second only to RAWK and often on par with them for batshit insane posts.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
If you think RAWK is insane, you haven't tried some of the other Liverpool forums. RAWK is actually quite sane by comparison.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=283787.0

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The posts blaming United are amazing. :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like that someone posted a picture of Man Utd players crowding the ref. Man Utd players such as Jaap Stam and David Beckham.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I guess you didn't get it then.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Xabi how many posts have you made on RAWK to the nearest thousand?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

I guess you didn't get it then.

When are you going to play the puppet master defense?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
The whole point of showing that stupid Stam/Keane/Beckham photo was to illustrate (supposedly) that Man-U harassed a lot of referees throughout a prolonged period of time but somehow managed to escape censure unlike the one potentially facing Liverpool as a club due to the Fulham match.

Anyway, if you're going to harp over a stupid RAWK post, have at it on this one:

simesy posted:

He had it first time around and he'll have it again.We've got someone in charge whos very media savvy but wont take the similar shite that rafa had to deal with.I think the reason the fa are delaying with this "racism charge" is they know they've got gently caress all on luis and are in a corner and dont know what the gently caress to do.AMATUERS the lot.Keep the pressure on kenny.

EDIT: Or this one

Cybertom posted:

Agreed that the relief is greater than the pleasure, I was very nervous in the last few minutes.
It's clear why Ferguson was saying [Charlie Adam's] dead-ball speciality was worth 10 million alone - to make us pay more for him! He was genuinely scared (and probably still is) by the fact that Dalglish is at the throne again. Dalglish's departure arguably paved the way for Fergurson's domination of English football.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 10, 2011

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Not exactly a bad post, but listening to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjpgIPhXb1g

made me cringe forever :psyduck:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Good god that geordie is loving annoying

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Who says football is not popular in the southern states of America.
Seemed a lot of people in the Berner Bayou stadium there.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Did you know that Cristiano Ronaldo are overated ?

From RAWK :

Yup, there I said it. He only shines against mediocre opposition when he is given time and space to do whatever he likes. With United & Madrid, he always went missing in the big games, against us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Milan (with United) you pick the opposition, he never shined against a good organized defense.

Some people say that if it weren't for Messi, he would have been the best player in the world of football right now, well how about Iniesta and Xavi then. Then we have this myth about him being a good free kick taker, never in a million years have I seen worse free kicks than his, he just hits it and hope the opposition keeper and wall screw it up.

and the first response :

i have always said he is an overrated c*nt. also most of his goals are tap ins and penalties.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

thehappyprince posted:

Good god geordies are loving annoying
ftfy :thumbsup:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

ephex posted:

@holybungalow not to forget: CIA,FBI, MICROSOFT, PEOPLE's REPUBLIC OF CHINA, FIDEL CASTRO, JUSTIN BIEBER, THE SIMPSONS
why this Organisations are always on Barca's side? so pissed off!
XhavitDeari 9 minutes ago

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

I think the worst part is when he just squawks instead of providing commentary.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

I think the worst part is when he just squawks instead of providing commentary.

A lot of TRPers like him, he irritates the piss out of me.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/comment-permalink/13694943

http://www.guardian.co.uk/discussion/comment-permalink/13694957

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
As a Liverfail fan, I...

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Kill anyone who ever uses 'bias' as an adjective

Rekkit
Nov 5, 2006

Is there a thread for the club world cup? I want to read goon complaints about Santos v Barcelona.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I was thinking about that too, it already started with 3 games already played.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rekkit posted:

Is there a thread for the club world cup? I want to read goon complaints about Santos v Barcelona.
Probably not, nobody cares about the Club World Cup.

Also why did you post this in here? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Fits imo