Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Also, calling it now, Howard's interview with Cain will be completely toothless.

It seems like they had a guy doing a Cain impression. Might have been the same guy who does Billy Crystal "not fun, not funny".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
If it's the same Herman Cain that called in with a message for Robin it will be straight up un-listenable for me. That guy was awful.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I bet it will be Sal doing his "black" voice.

I take one steps to my lefts

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be driving 12 hours to go home for Christmas... I need about 24 hours of show content.

Give me your greatest 'saga' packs, goons. Get John's Job was fantastic, but I think there are others out there like an ETM pack, Artie's addiction saga, etc, that I haven't listened to yet.

Also, over the past day I've listened to the Artie vs Sal (and Richard) fight on youtube...

Artie vs Sal Pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdQglXeDo8

Artie vs Sal Aftermath Pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPYVSnfzTJs&feature=related

Artie and Sal call it event Pt. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59hcXlBNA_w&feature=related

Such a :smith: / :unsmith: series of clips

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Also the only way that Herman Cain bit could have been funny is if they had Hateman do the impression

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be driving 12 hours to go home for Christmas... I need about 24 hours of show content.

Give me your greatest 'saga' packs, goons. Get John's Job was fantastic, but I think there are others out there like an ETM pack, Artie's addiction saga, etc, that I haven't listened to yet.

Also, over the past day I've listened to the Artie vs Sal (and Richard) fight on youtube...

Artie vs Sal Pt. 1

I have seen a series of MP3s posted as "The Magic Chronicles", which is all Howard and company goofing on Magic Johnson's talk show, including the appearance on said show.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Artie vs Sal Pt. 1

I can't remember where it was, but there was a JD pack floating around.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

I can't remember where it was, but there was a JD pack floating around.

Basically, if you can download stuff from Usenet (yes, it still exists), you will have more than enough to cover twenty-four hours.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

sedative posted:

These are the old clip packs I posted in the last thread:

Artie Lange Addiction Saga: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6
Elliot Offen: Download
Eric the Midget (2009): Download
Hateman: Download
JD Harmeyer: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5
KC Armstrong: Download
Sour Shoes: Download
Ted Kennedy: Download
Tradio: Download

Spotlight Series:

Billy West: Part 1, Part 2
Jackie Martling: Part 1, Part 2
Stuttering John: Part 1, Part 2

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Well, fake Herman Cain was a total bust. What the hell happened to this show?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Complacency.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I only heard about 20 minutes or so early on, when they started with Benjy and New Steve Langford arguing about Benjy tweeting during the show.

How long was he on?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I only heard about 20 minutes or so early on, when they started with Benjy and New Steve Langford arguing about Benjy tweeting during the show.

How long was he on?

"New Steve Langford"? Did something happen to the old one?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

prefect posted:

"New Steve Langford"? Did something happen to the old one?

Yea he took a job at another station in late September, I think. Probably got tired of the Stern world and wanted to get back into more "real" news.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nothing beats 30 minutes of photoshop Howie telling off Ralph for daring ask for photos in their original resolutions. Radio loving gold.

Do whatever horrible clone tooling you're gonna do and then how about you give them to me in 4000x3000. There, there's your loving 'crop specs'.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea he took a job at another station in late September, I think. Probably got tired of the Stern world and wanted to get back into more "real" news.

Good for him; he can be an enormous douchebag at times, but he really seems to believe in muckraking journalism. I hope he's doing real news and not celebrity crap.

What H100 News really needs is to re-hire Penny Crone. She was a riot.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nothing beats 30 minutes of photoshop Howie telling off Ralph for daring ask for photos in their original resolutions. Radio loving gold.

Do whatever horrible clone tooling you're gonna do and then how about you give them to me in 4000x3000. There, there's your loving 'crop specs'.

I turned this on as he was done with the story. What was that all about?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Reading about the fake Herman Cain and Howard's Photoshop discussions while almost losing my spleen laughing at the Nick and Artie show last night. The third hour just went off the rails like a "mentally challenged nephew"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kelly posted:

Ralph is working on some lovely digital magazine app for the ipad and wanted to use one of the pictures Howard took at that geek convention (or whatever is was) from last week for the cover.

Ralph wants Howard to just send him all the pics and he will take it from there.

Howard said gently caress you, I'm an true artist, tell me what resolution you need the pic to be and I'll touch a few up and send them to you.

Ralph has no clue what resolution it needs to be, of course.

The entire argument is dumb.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Vakal posted:

Ralph is working on some lovely digital magazine app for the ipad and wanted to use one of the pictures Howard took at that geek convention (or whatever is was) from last week for the cover.

Ralph wants Howard to just send him all the pics and he will take it from there.

Howard said gently caress you, I'm an true artist, tell me what resolution you need the pic to be and I'll touch a few up and send them to you.

Ralph has no clue what resolution it needs to be, of course.

The entire argument is dumb.

It almost sounds like Howard is an old, out of touch idiot with his head up his rear end or soemthing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kelly posted:

Vakal covered most of it - the bitching started because Howard wanted to know what size prints Ralph wanted to use on his website.

This is the portion that irritated me the most, Howard the ack ack Expert getting all bent out of shape because Ralph wouldn't tell him if he wanted wallet or headshot size and couldn't choose a frame style. For the images for his website.

Howard was talking about "8 and a half by 11", not once was resolution mentioned.

"We have photoshop too, basically send any loving size jpg with "largest u got" being the preferred size and we'll take it from there", is what Ralph was saying.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

CROP SPECS
crop specs
CROP SPECS
CROP SPECS

That's just as annoying as Gary's "we're dark that week" or whatever it is he says when they're off.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Vakal covered most of it - the bitching started because Howard wanted to know what size prints Ralph wanted to use on his website.

This is the portion that irritated me the most, Howard the ack ack Expert getting all bent out of shape because Ralph wouldn't tell him if he wanted wallet or headshot size and couldn't choose a frame style. For the images for his website.

Howard was talking about "8 and a half by 11", not once was resolution mentioned.

"We have photoshop too, basically send any loving size jpg with "largest u got" being the preferred size and we'll take it from there", is what Ralph was saying.

I hate to agree with Ralph but he is Howard retarded? He's taking photography lessons and he still doesn't have a handle on print versus web?

And before someone says it's not that easy to get the hang of it let me stop you IT IS.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

I hate to agree with Ralph but he is Howard retarded? He's taking photography lessons and he still doesn't have a handle on print versus web?

And before someone says it's not that easy to get the hang of it let me stop you IT IS.

I'm a script monkey and network guy and its been 10 years since I even looked at any kind of graphic software other then Picasa. Even I know there are settings on the menu for Save As that let you choose quality for print or web.

EDIT: Howard reminds me of the people that give jpg or bmp files to sign makers and tshirt shops and can't understand why they need a better format.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Howard is a photographer who uses photoshop. Not a computer user who does photography. He doesn't work in media, he is only the king of it, so he has other people worry about megabytes and resolutions.

But you can work in print and use inches instead of pixels, most print places use that term and Ralph's app magazine uses who knows whatever, I'd guess native resolution ipad? Why would he need it bigger?

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

prefect posted:

Good for him; he can be an enormous douchebag at times, but he really seems to believe in muckraking journalism. I hope he's doing real news and not celebrity crap.

What H100 News really needs is to re-hire Penny Crone. She was a riot.

If I'm not mistaken, Langford went to a news station in NYC. I remember hearing him on at the tail end of the summer on terrestrial, and was very, very confused.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I thought you guys were joking around about the Cain impersonator being the same guy as Fake Billy Crystal.

I am stunned they let him back on the show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

If Howard were a pro photographer like he claims he should learn to pronounce it "photography" and not "phrotography."

HARRIBLE

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Crotch Bat posted:

I've heard the station he works for now, and it can hardly be called "real news".

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

I've heard the station he works for now, and it can hardly be called "real news".

He could be getting a "real paycheck."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Brocktoon posted:

Yeah but its still gotta be better than the horrid poo poo he had to report on Howard 100.

"COMING UP: WHICH STERN SHOW STAFFER ATE GARY'S LUNCH FROM THE BREAKROOM? OUR 20 MINUTE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION WILL COVER EVERY ANGLE OF THIS EPIC STORY!"

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Former Human posted:

If Howard were a pro photographer like he claims he should learn to pronounce it "photography" and not "phrotography."

HARRIBLE

Quite frankly, if you don't like the way Howard pronounces phrotography and harrible, the fact of the matter is you shouldn't listen to the show.

\/\/ Yeah, well what do you do for a living?

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 8, 2011

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Quite frankly, if you don't like the way Howard pronounces phrotography and harrible, the fact of the matter is you shouldn't listen to the show.

SFN is over there ->

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Listen, that's your opinion and you're free to feel that way.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Former Human posted:

HARRIBLE

Excuse me, excuse me.. what do you do for a living?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

This whole Benjy relationship thing is so fake and even worse completely unfunny. This show is stupid :(

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

This whole Benjy relationship thing is so fake and even worse completely unfunny. This show is stupid :(

100% Agreed. To compound the sadness, Benjy is the closest thing we're getting to an Artie replacement on the Stern show, Period.

He's the youngest person on the show by 10 years, he actively writes, he's out pursuing relationships and experiences and he works a gimmick angle that brings attention to the show.

This isnt a defense of him in any way, I hate the guy. But when you compare it to a married 60 year old, a 60 year old destined to die a spinster, and a (50ish? Fred?) married father. Benjy is the closest to the "everyman" demographic they've got. Pathetic.

On another note, this Eric the Midget thing has to be faked, right? Theres no way that him and/or Fratto can be delusional enough to think that a 4 line, walk on part deserves 5 Star accommodations and a stretch limo? It has to be a promotional deal and everyone is in on the angle to get In Plain Sight named on the air daily, right?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alkaphanel posted:

100% Agreed. To compound the sadness, Benjy is the closest thing we're getting to an Artie replacement on the Stern show, Period.

He's the youngest person on the show by 10 years, he actively writes, he's out pursuing relationships and experiences and he works a gimmick angle that brings attention to the show.

This isnt a defense of him in any way, I hate the guy. But when you compare it to a married 60 year old, a 60 year old destined to die a spinster, and a (50ish? Fred?) married father. Benjy is the closest to the "everyman" demographic they've got. Pathetic.

On another note, this Eric the Midget thing has to be faked, right? Theres no way that him and/or Fratto can be delusional enough to think that a 4 line, walk on part deserves 5 Star accommodations and a stretch limo? It has to be a promotional deal and everyone is in on the angle to get In Plain Sight named on the air daily, right?

SFN seems to be pretty sure ETM was reading his demands from a script.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yes the Eric the Midget bit is fake, you can tell by his bad acting and loving up everything. He even said a few times "Well Fratto put that in to be funny".

Eric knows what he is doing now, but he also still doesn't know, if that makes sense. I'm finding it funny because he is ruining the bit because he is Eric the Midget and he ruins everything.

That's like what, 3 or 4 fake stories running on the show this week?

Benjy Girl Drama
Eric's insane demands
Herman Cain

I know I'm forgetting something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

prefect posted:

SFN seems to be pretty sure ETM was reading his demands from a script.

What does Fratto get from this? Is ETM promoting a product, or is Fratto using him just to get on the air? I don't really see why they're doing this at all.