Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qntm posted:

it wasn't inhabited but it could have been
iirc it was inhabited by the maquis.

Sisko also assassinated a romulan senator

Sisko owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Moon was good

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

LP97S posted:

The Prophets could have been better or just dropped.

yeah but they had to resolve that story line and throwing it into a pit of fire was the best resolution possible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

toby posted:

Moon was good

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Moon got me a letter from the MPAA or some such acronym

:argh: roommates need to learn to use trusted sites

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ahem they are called the MAFIAA thanks

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
the best part of the entire voyager series was when they were in quark's bar

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Boner Buffet posted:

the best part of the entire voyager series was when they were in quark's bar

One of the best parts in TNG was when Bashir and Geordi sperg out on something and mess up Data in the process.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sticky wizard posted:

Moon got me a letter from the MPAA or some such acronym

:argh: roommates need to learn to use trusted sites

i got mine for breakfast club 6 years ago. father was not pleased.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

run a public guest network and when you get a letter, respond with an "oops, i have a public guest network, i'll shut it down sry" then don't do anything

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

or, don't go to funtimemovietorrents.co.tl.su to get yer movies?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
or watch moon on netflix like I did

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

duTrieux posted:

run a public guest network and when you get a letter, respond with an "oops, i have a public guest network, i'll shut it down sry" then don't do anything

did that, called the isp, they said they werent going to do anything other than watch our account for further illegal activities

had a talk with the guy who dl'd it not to just google that poo poo

The Store
May 2, 2009

Fantastic Planet a été la merde, non?

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

The Store posted:

Fantastic Planet a été la merde, non?

crazy jibberish

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
spoilers don't work right with 219.css so sorry if you haven't seen the x-files i guess

i really like how the x-files went from "mulder is crazy" to "aliens are real and you see them sometimes" to "there is a full-on alien war going on and men in suits talk about it all the time".

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

LooseChanj posted:

crazy jibberish

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FORTRANsvestite posted:

spoilers don't work right with 219.css so sorry if you haven't seen the x-files i guess

i really like how the x-files went from "mulder is crazy" to "aliens are real and you see them sometimes" to "there is a full-on alien war going on and men in suits talk about it all the time".

i don't get how that show went from the 'monster of the week' format to stupid roswell grey alien conspiracy bullshit as the focus

with the exception of that ep where jesse l. martin played a negro league slugger who was also an alien on the lam from a bounty hunter, that was all right

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

i don't get how that show went from the 'monster of the week' format to stupid roswell grey alien conspiracy bullshit as the focus

with the exception of that ep where jesse l. martin played a negro league slugger who was also an alien on the lam from a bounty hunter, that was all right

i dont think it ever really went from one to the other, there was a long convoluted alien invasion that the government knew about and was abetting over the entire series

the monster of the week thing never really stopped as far as i remember

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

sticky wizard posted:

i dont think it ever really went from one to the other, there was a long convoluted alien invasion that the government knew about and was abetting over the entire series

the monster of the week thing never really stopped as far as i remember

I thought it went back and forth for the most part, the alien invasion being the over-all arc that was always confusing. Anyway, the show alternated between Colonizing main arc and monster of the week, with people divided over which were better.

I prefer the monster of the week, like Humbug, Jose Chung's From Outer Space, and Bad Blood because they were comedic and entertaining.

EDIT: Best cameo ever

LP97S fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 8, 2011

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
why did teh aliens want to colonize earth its lovely and gay~

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
in sci-fi postin' news:

i aint read a book in like two weeks, started reading stranger in a strange land and it bugs me how dated some of it is

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Kirk posted:

Aliens are probably gay, like intergalatic cruising.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

in sci-fi postin' news:

i aint read a book in like two weeks, started reading stranger in a strange land and it bugs me how dated some of it is

the biggest thing for me was how it became really severely obvious that Heinlein could not write a woman who wasn't a silly girl

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

urban renewal project. fix up the place, get a lil' gentrification goin', then sell the lot off to some rich kids for a tidy profit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kirk posted:

in sci-fi postin' news:

couldn't finish that, got sick of the self-insert

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
should i just stop now

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the biggest thing for me was how it became really severely obvious that Heinlein could not write a woman who wasn't a silly girl

oh like 10 pages in where she spergs out over who she can be naked around and the correct pronunciation of 'teat'?

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

just read until you get to the grokking then you can stop

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kirk posted:

they just wanted Earth's resources. the Syndicate made the early contacts and realized that the only way humans could survive in any way was to let the aliens create a slave race of alien/human hybrids.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kirk posted:

in sci-fi postin' news:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

im the...

uh

oh i guess i wasnt in this picture

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i think i'll reread ubik this weekend, it's been a while

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Kirk posted:

in sci-fi postin' news:

it starts out full of promise and gets all heinlein-stupid at a certain point, you'll know it when you get there. then you can decide for yourself if it is too ridiculous for you to keep reading

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

there was certainly a lot of alien conspiracy in season 5 (which i'm watching now) but they still do the monster of the week poo poo. last episode i saw had a blind girl who could see through the eyes of a murderer!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FORTRANsvestite posted:

there was certainly a lot of alien conspiracy in season 5 (which i'm watching now) but they still do the monster of the week poo poo. last episode i saw had a blind girl who could see through the eyes of a murderer!

hope your sled's ready to go because that is one hell of a downhill run you're about to hit

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

yeah my friend told me to watch the first movie after season 5 and then stop

but i hear scully hangs out with the t-1000 so how could that possibly be bad

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

call... to john... now... i know this hurts.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
y'all are loving insane, x-files didn't go to poo poo until the season 6 finale with that loving flying saucer in the sand in africa or some stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

john ashpool
Jun 29, 2010
Can't wait for 'State of Grace' by Peter Watts. Book will be a sequal to Blindsight, although both books cover the same time frame.

• Locked thread