Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coathat
May 21, 2007

New chapter of Tonari no Kaibutsu
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/tonari_no_kaibutsu_kun/v06/c022/

"Oh Haru, Do you know what Valentines day is?"
"Don't look down on me! I get the general idea. It's a day when girls throw chocolates at guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

coathat posted:

New chapter of Tonari no Kaibutsu
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/tonari_no_kaibutsu_kun/v06/c022/

"Oh Haru, Do you know what Valentines day is?"
"Don't look down on me! I get the general idea. It's a day when girls throw chocolates at guys!

I like this manga, but I feel like everyone else under-reacts to Haru's violent tendencies. All of the other characters are just kind of quirky and awkward, but I cringed when he actually thought about pushing a guy off a balcony. Other than that, I find this manga enjoyable and it's being updated pretty quickly.

Way back I mentioned the webtoon manhwa Cheese in the Trap. Translations stalled for a long time when the artist protested against scanlations being hosted on other sites, but a new group has circumvented that by adding English text via code to the original site. They just have finished a couple chapters so far (1-24 can be found on your favorite scan sites) and it's a bit of a pain to go through the extra effort of inserting the code, but it's a good series.
Instructions: http://www.oddsquad.org/2010/01/irc.html
Translated chapters: http://www.oddsquad.org/p/citt.html

CiTT Summary posted:

Hong Sul is returning to college after a long break. But so is the rich and charismatic upperclassman, Yoo Jung. Unlike her peers, Hong Sul suspects a dark personality behind Yoo Jung's innocent facade, or... is she just being paranoid?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

a kitten posted:

There's a trailer for Funimation's English dub of Kuragehime out now too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUv_x13TeA
I like Tsukimi's voice a lot actually, really not digging Kuranosuke's dub voice though.

Man, I don't know, something about the voices just turns me off. I don't think I can put my finger on it, but they sound weird!

coathat
May 21, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Man, I don't know, something about the voices just turns me off. I don't think I can put my finger on it, but they sound weird!

They're so awful! They make me want to die.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
drat, Tsukimi's voice is really good, but Kuranosuke's is awful.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, on reflection I should have changed my feelings on Kuranosuke's voice from "not really digging" to "it sounds loving awful" like a person doing a terrible impression of a haughty, popular girl.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Looks like they've scanlated some chapters of another manga by the woman who did Bunny Drop.

This one is about a family of four! It's very cute.

Yoiningurashi. No relation with Higurashi.

coathat
May 21, 2007

a kitten posted:

Yeah, on reflection I should have changed my feelings on Kuranosuke's voice from "not really digging" to "it sounds loving awful" like a person doing a terrible impression of a haughty, popular girl.

As an english speaking person with working ears i'm offended by it's very existence. And somehow that person was hired and then payed for speaking like that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrSunshine posted:

Looks like they've scanlated some chapters of another manga by the woman who did Bunny Drop.

This one is about a family of four! It's very cute.

Yoiningurashi. No relation with Higurashi.

Never trusting anything they make ever again. "It's very cute" is what Bunny Drop was at the start, too.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I've passed the stage of caring about Usagi drops ending and instead enjoy all the crying that people do about it.

Just finished reading Strobe Edge. Very nice series it doesn't drag on too long like a lot of shoujo and all the characters were pretty good. Probably has the best character bio pages of any manga I've read. I highly recommend it.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
I had some time to kill and decided to rewatch an episode or two from Season 2 of Kimi ni Todoke. I ended up marathoning the entire season, and then re-read like 20 or so chapters of it.

Anyone that hasn't given KnT a shot really should. I consider it to be the gold standard for romance manga.

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!

coathat posted:

Strobe Edge.

coathat posted:

All the characters were pretty good.

whaaaaaat :psyduck: If you don't mind that the male lead has the personality of a cardboard box and the female lead pines for him for at least half the story simply because he's "nice" then I guess the characters are good??

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Posting this in here since I know there's a few other Takako Shimura fans besides myself that read this particular thread.

Here's her take on Homura and Kyubey she did for Flowers For Magical Girls

:iia:

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
New Kimi ni Todoke

looks like we're going to see a resolution between Chizu and Ryu

I'm just hoping that this arc is over, soon. While we're getting some good insight into the past for a couple characters, the series just feels a bit off without Sawako involved.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mura posted:

New Kimi ni Todoke

looks like we're going to see a resolution between Chizu and Ryu

I'm just hoping that this arc is over, soon. While we're getting some good insight into the past for a couple characters, the series just feels a bit off without Sawako involved.

Still a pretty decent chapter, but even though I can't really put my finger on why it just doesn't seem as vibrant as it did at the beginning. Everyone just seems to be spinning their wheels or twisting up in themselves emotionally. Something is about to happen with Chizu and Ryu though so that should help to propel things along a bit now.

Despite that it remains one of my favorite mangas and I really look forward to every new chapter, so it's not like I'm about to stop reading it or something.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008

a kitten posted:

Still a pretty decent chapter, but even though I can't really put my finger on why it just doesn't seem as vibrant as it did at the beginning. Everyone just seems to be spinning their wheels or twisting up in themselves emotionally. Something is about to happen with Chizu and Ryu though so that should help to propel things along a bit now.

Despite that it remains one of my favorite mangas and I really look forward to every new chapter, so it's not like I'm about to stop reading it or something.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I just want something to happen. I'll probably like this arc better once it's resolved and I can take it all at once, but getting it in bits and pieces on a monthly schedule just feels like a grind.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mayonnaise? How would that even work?

coathat
May 21, 2007

I just read all thats scanned of Switch Girl. Not the best series, but it might have some of the greatest panels I've seen a shoujo manga (out of nowhere Jojo's and DBZ style drawings). And it was kinda nice to have a heroin who isn't a complete outcast even if she is crazy.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I also tried reading Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu because it was the second best selling shoujo manga in 2011, and man it is awful just awful.

Grenadier
Oct 15, 2004

As long as these commoners keep coming, the mountain of corpses will keep growing!

a kitten posted:

Posting this in here since I know there's a few other Takako Shimura fans besides myself that read this particular thread.

Here's her take on Homura and Kyubey she did for Flowers For Magical Girls

:iia:

She really does make the nicest watercolors.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Math Girls made it out to translated publishing late November and I got my paperback copy Wednesday from CreateSpace themselves: http://bentobooks.com/2011/11/math-girls-availability-report/

It's really math as gently caress, but while the manga cuts down on that and makes certain scenes so much more romantic (though still pretty 'soft'), the book has greater detail surrounding the communication between the characters, verbal and non-verbal, the typical lot of detail that only a book has. If you're at all not allergic to mathematics and you're okay with expanding your mind with mindblowing studybook and like the manga so far, I recommend it.

The (currently) last translated chapter of the manga made me interested, just wrapped up that chapter of the book (half-done, looking at the book) and I'm going to continue the rest after my brain finishes digesting all those equations. I'm satisfied, fine translation that I cannot even nitpick.

I hope to see the manga picked up and given official quality translations and prints if this goes somewhere, and are there any other takes on that concept? (or the gist of it, edu-novella)

e: Busy days, just finished the book, highly recommended if you liked what's out of the manga.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 23, 2011

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Grenadier posted:

She really does make the nicest watercolors.

She drew Mami a while back as well, it's not a watercolor this time, but I do still love her style.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Huh. That's actually kind of unexpected. Slightly less unexpected is Fujieda Miyabi doing Madoka Gundam AGE-1 Titus.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 19, 2011

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Miijhal posted:

Madoka Gundam AGE-1 Titus.
:stare:

I found Mami on her Twitter account (which, sadly she seems to have deleted :( )

Toradora: some people love it, some people hate it. Whichever way you feel about it there's been an OVA released and subbed.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Tragically, the OVA is nothing. It's just some fluff that's basically an episode cut from the middle of the series.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I thought it was an alright episode cute, funny and very Toradora-y, but I am definitely disappointed that it wasn't some new content that showed them after then anime's ending.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Speaking of anime specials I completely forgot that Bunny Drop was supposed to have a couple shorts that came with the blurays. Well, it turns out that they are out, and subbed, and surprise surprise cute as hell and all the other things that the anime is. :3:

The second one is even Christmas themed.
Can be found here.

Oh man, I almost forgot how awesome Rin's faces were:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 26, 2011

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Did.. did anybody like Amigami SS? It is apparently getting a second season.

I.. I liked it. :ohdear:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The_Frag_Man posted:

Did.. did anybody like Amigami SS? It is apparently getting a second season.

I.. I liked it. :ohdear:
It had one good story.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Paracelsus posted:

It had one good story.

Which one is that? I made it three episodes in before deciding this was too much crazy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jon Irenicus posted:

Which one is that? I made it three episodes in before deciding this was too much crazy.

Kaoru's is unquestionably the best.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

SpazmasterX posted:

That's a funny way to spell Ai. But I'm more looking forward to Rihoko maybe actually getting an ending than anything else. Also if you only watched the first 3 episodes you should give it another shot, since the first girl's story has the protagonist at his creepiest, he's somewhat less of a submissive twat in the rest of the storylines.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 27, 2011

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SpazmasterX posted:

This gentleman is aware of what is right and proper.

And yeah, the first story is the worst as far as the main character goes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm still confused how they're having a whole sequel season :psyduck: Like, half the girls got definite endings didn't they?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Tae posted:

I'm still confused how they're having a whole sequel season :psyduck: Like, half the girls got definite endings didn't they?

There's still more girls that didn't get a route.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
There's gonna be an Amagami S4 and it will have a janitor route and poo poo.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So apparently a Shoujo manga called Sakamichi no Apollon is getting an anime adaptation in April in the noitaminA slot. Anyone here read/know anything about this manga?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

cisneros posted:

There's gonna be an Amagami S4 and it will have a janitor route and poo poo.

C'mon who wouldn't watch that? I'm picturing the janitor from scrubs.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
Hiyokoi got 2 new updates in the last few days. I'm hoping that this means the series is updating on a regular basis again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Mura posted:

Hiyokoi got 2 new updates in the last few days. I'm hoping that this means the series is updating on a regular basis again.

I hope so too, it's such a cute series.

Also a new chapter of Tonari http://www.mangareader.net/tonari-no-kaibutsu-kun/23