Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
And here is where Flash crapped out on me and spontaneously deleted 6 hours of work.

I'm not too sure commentary would work on the animations. They are awfully fast, and I don't think he could cram in meaningful words before the scene changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GenericOverusedName posted:

And here is where Flash crapped out on me and spontaneously deleted 6 hours of work.

I'm not too sure commentary would work on the animations. They are awfully fast, and I don't think he could cram in meaningful words before the scene changes.
I imagine it'd have to be something similar to what the Smashing Pumpkins did with pre-planned speeches and a bit of clever editing. Perhaps even linking a few flahes together with similar themes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

What are the odds that whatever follows Homestuck will be done in html5?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What are the odds that whatever follows Homestuck will be done in html5?

Nah, done entirely in fingerpuppets in an embedded youtube window.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Nah, done entirely in fingerpuppets in an embedded youtube window.

Potter Puppet Pals: Homestuck Edition

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

loquacius posted:

A Very Trollian Musical

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

No one would see the crossover with Hussie's star trek edits coming...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The website actually becomes a download link for a gif, and every update he just adds more frames to the gif.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
You know what I'm looking forward to? Seeing the rest of the god tier B1 kids rendered in a more symbolic fashion. That may contain potentially lethal quantities of Adorable.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 8, 2011

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
After rereading some bits in the Scratch intermission, I suspect that we won't see JohnJadeRoseDave again until after the guardian kids enter their own session, likely via JadeJohn busting through RL's fourth wall, and the Green Sun folks just wandering into the session from the furthest ring.

Karkat posted:

CG: THE SCRATCH WILL REBOOT YOUR SESSION. YOUR WHOLE UNIVERSE ACTUALLY. SO SOMEWHERE IN THIS DREADFUL ABYSS, THAT NEW SESSION WILL START UP IN ITS OWN INCIPISPHERE, FROM SCRATCH.
CG: LOOK AT THAT, ANOTHER PUN BECAUSE OF USING THAT loving WORD EVERY OTHER SENTENCE! KILL ME NOW.
CG: BUT THAT "FROM SCRATCH" (F'ING LOL!) SESSION IS WHAT YOU'RE SHOOTING FOR TO SURVIVE.
CG: THE IDEA IS FOR YOU ALL TO PRESERVE YOURSELVES BY ESCAPING THERE.

Karkat specifically mentions their final destination being the post-scratch SESSION. So we still have probably a while's to go.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Lupus Rufus posted:

After rereading some bits in the Scratch intermission, I suspect that we won't see JohnJadeRoseDave again until after the guardian kids enter their own session, likely via JadeJohn busting through RL's fourth wall, and the Green Sun folks just wandering into the session from the furthest ring.

Karkat specifically mentions their final destination being the post-scratch SESSION. So we still have probably a while's to go.

UU actually came out and said that they wouldn't meet any of the b1 kids until they're in the game, so yeah. There wasn't anything about how early/far in the game they'd arrive, though. And while a lot of people think UU is suspicious, on this statement at least it doesn't seem like there would be any reason to lie.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Oh, I'm all aware that just about any payoff from Act 5 is still a ways away, I'm just looking forward to seeing it, is all :allears:

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Bobulus posted:

No one would see the crossover with Hussie's star trek edits coming...

Bro saying to Jade, "And here comes Mister Meatloaf"

Jake saying, "Dave's comic is making my dizzy..."

:gonk:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Armadillos! posted:

Bro saying to Jade, "And here comes Mister Meatloaf"

Jake saying, "Dave's comic is making my dizzy..."

:gonk:

This is actually foreshadowing how Homestuck ends.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Boneless Jogger posted:

This is actually foreshadowing how Homestuck ends.

Holy poo poo, I never realized it was Hussie who actually made these.

In other news: I got my book today, and Hussie's notes make it worth the money alone.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Sweet, got my signed copy of the book! Got a nice little picture of John. Probably helps that my request was "Just draw whatever" since I was sleepy and sorta drunk.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I just want to see Karkat break the news that Vriska's dead to John. :colbert:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Wrist Watch posted:

I just want to see Karkat break the news that Vriska's dead to John. :colbert:

"JOHN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS BUT... SHE'S DEAD. VRISKA'S DEAD."
"wait, which one was that again?"
"WHAT?"
"seriously, there's so goddamn many of you I just stopped paying attention halfway through your introductions."
"SHE WAS THE FAT ONE."
"ooooh. right."

KoB
May 1, 2009
Got my book today! So rad.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
So this is somewhere between 'fanart' and 'actual content'. Bowman made a music video for Fly, off Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDkBTYWtGk

I like it.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

thanks alot assbag posted:

Sweet, got my signed copy of the book! Got a nice little picture of John. Probably helps that my request was "Just draw whatever" since I was sleepy and sorta drunk.

You might have been more sleepy and drunk than you recall when ordering, since I'm pretty sure they weren't actually letting people specify what they wanted their doodle to be this time around.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

WELP :v:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

....uh holy poo poo what

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

WHAT IN THE SWEET gently caress. HUUSSIIEEEEEEE :argh:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This seems problematic :ohdear:

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
That sure was a short act.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
It's good to see Hussie tackle the real problems the world faces this time around. Spontaneous combustion is a very real issue that real people face, and it's good to see it acknowledged.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

My reactions to this were "Haha I like how the logo stays near the sun" to "Hey this is like John's get mail flash but in reverse" to OH GOD JANE :stare:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Maybe Bro (Equius) will Aradia (Jane) that poo poo up.

Maybe.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cleretic posted:

It's good to see Hussie tackle the real problems the world faces this time around. Spontaneous combustion is a very real issue that real people face, and it's good to see it acknowledged.

It was a bomb from the batterwitch

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Hahaha okay what the gently caress.

The Fucky posted:

That sure was a short act.

I was wondering if that meant that the alpha game would have the same sort of act progression as the beta? Since this ends around the same time beta act one ended?

But that would be a lot more homestuck. That would be a long act six.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hahahahahahaha

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

An important lesson about listening to your parents kids.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The lifey girl is dead. The tragedy is overwhelming. :(

Maybe Lord English and the Condesce's plan is to prevent this session from getting started since that's how the pre-scratch kids are planning to get into this session?

Please just be a beta-timeline, ohgodohgodohgod

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Maybe this game's eight person session won't even include the alpha kids because they'll all be dead?

What if it's just the beta kids and the remaining trolls?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

WELP,

As soon as I heard the sorta foreboding windchimes and saw the mailbox, I pretty much knew what was going to happen. But I still am surprised it actually did, because wow.

Also poor Scratch Dad :smith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh. Didn't see that coming.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Waffnuffly posted:

WELP,

As soon as I heard the sorta foreboding windchimes and saw the mailbox, I pretty much knew what was going to happen. But I still am surprised it actually did, because wow.

Foreboding? They're the same as in http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006182

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Waffnuffly posted:

WELP,

I am really feeling bad for Scratch Dad right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Look at how badly these new kids have screwed up their game! And they haven't even installed it yet!