Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
With this newest revelation, I'm thinking the post-scratch kids will be prototyped, and the guardians will be the players. Or I at least want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

He's going to leave it on this cliffhanger for like a week, isn't he.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...Oh my god, it's a callback to the explosive meteor strike at EOA1.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thundarr posted:

Look at how badly these new kids have screwed up their game! And they haven't even installed it yet!

Well it's still in alpha, after all :v:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

chrisf posted:

He's going to leave it on this cliffhanger for like a week, isn't he.

Well he does have a lot of books left to sign, for example: mine. By the way, is anyone who got theirs already going to post the doodle? And did the newspost announcing the books disappear with the update?

Edit:

Oops, yeah, I had both open in different tabs to compare and copied the wrong one's URL.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 9, 2011

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

creationist believer posted:

Foreboding? They're the same as in http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006182

You mean this http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=6&p=001982 but you're right - they are the same! Strange; I guess with the context I had beforehand that Jane was the target of assassins, I just sorta applied a more negative bent to the sound this time. Interesting.

YggiDee posted:

...Oh my god, it's a callback to the explosive meteor strike at EOA1.
Yeah, a good one at that, AND a callback (sorta?) to the *CROCKER!* explosion of the Betty Crocker factory.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Perhaps Bro can manage to get a captchalogue of her brain and make her into a bot??

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
And now for something completely different.

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
Man, I saw it coming, but even as the flash loaded I was muttering, "don't do it don't do it don't do it don-drat IT!"
Dang it Jane, you didn't even need to go outside today! R-Mom sent you the leaked version of the game!

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
For the curious, most of the doodles I've seen look a lot like this

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
What the gently caress is this big lipped bastard up to?

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED
I know the game hasn't technically started yet, but I sure hope we're going to see some weird Life powers right now.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
What :stare:

I have no idea what to expect now.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

creationist believer posted:

Well he does have a lot of books left to sign, for example: mine. By the way, is anyone who got theirs already going to post the doodle? And did the newspost announcing the books disappear with the update?

Mine was delivered yesterday, couldn't get it until just now.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I thought something like that might happen but that was still a really quick act.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Tw1tchy posted:

Perhaps Bro can manage to get a captchalogue of her brain and make her into a bot??
Maybe dying before game entry and being a robot for a bit is just standard practice for Maids.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
We already know Jane is awake on Prospit. I bet that she will awaken inside the session. What this means in terms of prototyping and her planet... that is a good question.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah I saw the mailbox blowing up coming, though I'm surprised we're already done with act 6.1. And that he's splitting up the acts again.

Going by [S]Seer: Descend, perhaps the B1 kids won't arrive until act 6.5?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Pastrymancy posted:

For the curious, most of the doodles I've seen look a lot like this

Yep, mine has a special little smudge on John's hair :3:

Also, Calling it now: Homestuck will end not unlike the Dark Tower series, with another scratch.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 9, 2011

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
She's fine, guys. John's died like five times and he turned out okay, it just runs in the family.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Going by [S]Seer: Descend, perhaps the B1 kids won't arrive until act 6.5?

Seems plausible enough. Would be cool if we got brief capsule versions of each of the first 5 acts, although mostly I'm hoping we get ACT 6 ACT 5 ACT 1 and ACT 6 ACT 5 ACT 2 just for the sheer absurdity of it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Vaah posted:

Yep, mine has a special little smudge on John's hair :3:

Also, Calling it now: Homestuck will end not unlike the Dark Tower series, with another scratch.

These are adorable. I guess they're all John. Do the Problem Sleuth books have the same doodle or is it a PS doodle?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm guessing this is going to involve some sort of Faustian bargain with the Batterwitch (of Life) to bring her back. Who will turn out to be Feferi, due to the Scratched Session not creating Bec Noir (due to there being no Bec), which in turn means Bec Noir doesn't gently caress up the troll's session in this divergent, scratched timeline, which furthermore means that they were able to walk through their doorway to the Betaverse Earth Universe after they won.

If any of this actually proves accurate I'll be gobsmacked.

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
Maybe it's gonna jump forward to the scratched kids in a doomed timeline like after John flew off and got owned by the Denizen

Also it ain't over until it's DEAD

e: maybe DAD will be the first guardian for no loving reason and fix this

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, that was certainly a thing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
:sbahj: Hussie, what did you just doooooooooo?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Someone earlier was calling that all of the scratch kids were going to die, how did they know?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It's okay, I'm sure her godtier bed is like, in the basement or something. She'll wake up on the battlefield being the whatever of whatever. Man these kids are good at this game.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So Jake's dreamself is dead before the game, Jane's real-self is dead before the game. At this rate, Beta-Bro will have never actually existed and Beta-Mom will exist at all points in time, forever.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

What's up with all the heros of Life dying early? Get a grip, ladies.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001984

John left a good surprise in that mailbox!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cavatica posted:

What's up with all the heros of Life dying early? Get a grip, ladies.

Feferi died after their session ended. You're thinking of Maids!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Fat_Cow posted:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001984

John left a good surprise in that mailbox!

Dammit John, you can't mailbomb people just because they like Betty Crocker. Stop it already. :argh:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kinda hoping/expecting the joke to be a complete anti-climax. Jane's gone up a few levels, and the explosion only minorly scuffs her!

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Feferi died after their session ended. You're thinking of Maids!

Nope, I sure ain't! Feferi didn't live up to her ancestor's expectations. Or adulthood.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cavatica posted:

Nope, I sure ain't! Feferi didn't live up to her ancestor's expectations. Or adulthood.

Well, come on, heroes of EVERYTHING die early by those standards. The only characters who've never died in this comic are Gamzee, Karkat, Terezi, Jade and the other three reset kids. That's if you don't assume dreamself deaths count, a stipulation which, levied, says that everyone but kidMom and kidBro has died at least once!

e: so, to codify it, I guess heroes of Blood, Mind and Rage don't die early. :o)

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Maybe bro send the bomb so he could captachologe her brain for... some strange purpose??? :tinfoil:

I wonder if the smooch to bring people back to 'life' as their dream self will work, and whoever's Jane's server player will have to deal with her being dead/robot in her house.

Hopefully Dad will have some cool purpose, and maybe a fatherly smooch on the forehead will bring her back to life. :unsmith:

Though maybe this will mean more Kid mom and then ... yay kidmom!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Kinda hoping/expecting the joke to be a complete anti-climax. Jane's gone up a few levels, and the explosion only minorly scuffs her!

Maybe the explosion blows her straight clear and Lil Sebastian comes to the rescue with a Sweet Catch? (p..plz..)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's amazing how Hussie continues to surprise his audience despite us fully expecting a surprise around every corner. :allears:

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Well, come on, heroes of EVERYTHING die early by those standards. The only characters who've never died in this comic are Gamzee, Karkat, Terezi, Jade and the other three reset kids. That's if you don't assume dreamself deaths count, a stipulation which, levied, says that everyone but kidMom and kidBro has died at least once!

e: so, to codify it, I guess heroes of Blood, Mind and Rage don't die early. :o)

Suddenly the Condesce became my favorite because she's showing all these other hacks how it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Man, talk about unstable.

Looks like the Maid has been...

UN... Maid.

Yeah.