Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Cuchulain posted:

So it turns out, Mike Ross actually IS the best. :stare:

Wow he really is too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah I still don't get this. They nerfed She Hulk slide because it was too good, then turn around and give Frank the same slide and Hawkeye an even better one.

And speaking of Frank, if you can ignore the terrible music this is really cool stuff for level 1-2 Frank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3kKiY4XkvM&feature=player_embedded

This is alot easier then doing Air H into ToS H for a solo relaunch.

I think it's because up close She-Hulk's mixups are a lot stronger, between her command grabs and instant overhead while Hawkeye doesn't have those tools. But still, it's Marvel. They probably just go with "Wouldn't it be cool if..."

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

She-hulk's slide was also basically safe on block. I cannot remember if that's from frame data, or thanks to being able to cancel it into catapult/chariot or what.

That's not even the biggest nerf she-hulk got anyway, the change to the knockback of torpedo is the thing that hurts her the very worst. Now she doesn't do poo poo all damage unless she's got the enemy in the corner, and she lacks in ability to force her enemy into the corner in the first place.

And oh yeah, the cherry on the sundae, if she does emerald cannon after torpedo in the corner it crosses up, forcing you to change the direction and timing of your follow up inputs, and forcing the enemy out of the corner, and she hulk into the corner, for actually doing your drat combo where you want to do it.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

^^^ Not sure if you're aware but Hawkeye can cancel is sicknasty slide into a Trick Shot to get safe as well so it still doesn't make much sense to me^^^

Jmcrofts posted:

Capcom: not as dumb as we all thought?

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/08/umvc3-anytime-throw-tech-is-a-glitch-will-be-patched-out/

(probably still dumb though)

Oh thank god.

I'm sure there are worse offenders but I played a long set against my friend's Taskmaster team yesterday and the fact that I could no longer throw him out of the swing and he can now cancel out of the swing was making me rage a little. It used to be so easy to just scoop him after blocking if he tried it.

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 8, 2011

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I want the scarlet spider-man alt, but I don't know if Spider-Man is even worth learning how to play :ohdear:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I want the scarlet spider-man alt, but I don't know if Spider-Man is even worth learning how to play :ohdear:
Spidey is definitely worth learning. In my opinion, the thing that keeps him from being used a lot at the highest level is that his offense requires you to take a lot of chances by moving around a lot and confusing your opponent and making them react constantly, and at that level players can keep up.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I'm liking how Nova's centurion rush assist lets Sentinel relive his OTG rocket punch into hyper sentinel force at the end of an air combo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova's centurion rush assist is one of the best in the game, real talk.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Having a lot of fun with my Wright/Morrigan/Vergil team. Morrigan clone keepaway with Turnabout Break the Witness is hilarious, although it does take a good amount of setup. And if they go down, just mop up with Vergil. :v:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Dren posted:

Wow he really is too.

Where are you guys getting this from because I'd like to see it.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

cams posted:

Spidey is definitely worth learning. In my opinion, the thing that keeps him from being used a lot at the highest level is that his offense requires you to take a lot of chances by moving around a lot and confusing your opponent and making them react constantly, and at that level players can keep up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Combofiend pick up Spider-Man at some point.

SuperNuts
May 7, 2004

From the frozen north a... squirrel emerges?!?
:haw:
She-hulks slide was not safe on block...

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Having a lot of fun with my Wright/Morrigan/Vergil team. Morrigan clone keepaway with Turnabout Break the Witness is hilarious, although it does take a good amount of setup. And if they go down, just mop up with Vergil. :v:

If you haven't already seen it you need to track down and watch the Chris G v. Dieminion final match from Spooky's stream a few nights ago.

Chris used Wright/Dante/Morrigan to out-lame Dieminion, whose entire playstyle and team is based around being as lame as possible. Incredible match, 4 Morrigans on the screen at once spamming Soul Fists is just nuts.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Seizure Robot posted:

If you haven't already seen it you need to track down and watch the Chris G v. Dieminion final match from Spooky's stream a few nights ago.

Chris used Wright/Dante/Morrigan to out-lame Dieminion, whose entire playstyle and team is based around being as lame as possible. Incredible match, 4 Morrigans on the screen at once spamming Soul Fists is just nuts.

Was that from WNF? I'll definitely check that out.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

PunkBoy posted:

It was a Spooky stream. He's still uploading stuff from NEC, so you'll have to check the archive at https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PunkBoy posted:

It was from last night's Big Two.

You should still check out WNF for rare footage of Mike Ross actually winning a meaningful match.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

It was from last night's Big Two.

You should still check out WNF for rare footage of Mike Ross actually winning a meaningful match.

Yeah, just watched that. I Believe. :911:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Seizure Robot posted:

I love that people are figuring out just how nuts Astral Vision Morrigan is. She might get a bit more love in high level play as an anchor with people like Chris G. and Dieminion showing what she can do.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Where are you guys getting this from because I'd like to see it.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/302017722

Part 3 - Grand Finals. Not sure what time grand finals starts but it's not too far in.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
So after abusing Doom missiles for like 2 weeks now I figured I should actually take the time to learn some doom things because I'm still not sure how I get his loops to work. Everywhere I look only says crLMHS M F+H, Diagonal air dash down, j.M ...and then ruin for me. Usually they say to do a crouching M after that but I just can't seem to land it. Any tips from the Doom players out there?

Waverhouse fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 9, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Waverhouse posted:

So after abusing Doom missiles for like 2 weeks now I figured I should actually take the time to learn some doom things because I'm till not sure how I get his loops work. Everywhere I look only says crLMHS M F+H, Diagonal air dash down, j.M ...and then ruin for me. Usually they say to do a crouching M after that but I just can't seem to land it. Any tips from the Doom players out there?

The way I do it, you want to do the first sj.M pretty early in the jump and let it hit twice, then do the f+H and the addf, then do the j.M after that as late as you can with still connecting it. If you get it right, they'll be really close to the ground and you'll be able to land and go into c.H or c.M if you think they're a little too high.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

It's really just a matter of timing your hits to keep them positioned properly with that Doom combo. You want to keep them low to the ground after your sj, so start your air string relatively fast. If you go too high they'll drop out. The c.M needs them to be pretty low in the air or it'll whiff so put a slight delay after the addf before the j.M as well, don't cancel out of the dash immediately. If you're still having trouble, experiment with only letting the sj.M hit once, or letting it hit twice, depending on what you've been doing. I've heard conflicting opinions on which one is easier so try both out (the damage difference is pretty minimal.)

After you land it a few times you should get a feel for it and start being able to adjust your timing on the fly depending on positioning to get it all to connect. His new fullscreen BnB while definitely somewhat harder in the execution department (I hear a lot of people having trouble hitting f+H S addf without getting an exchange to come out) honestly doesn't feel as tricky to time for me, so if you feel more confident with your input accuracy than with your timing you could try learning that as well.

In the corner his BnB is ridiculously easy (the sj.M f+H S add s.HS loop) so learn that as well. Whenever you carry them into the corner with either the Buktooth loop you've been trying or the new loop then switch to that on the relaunch for an easier combo with better damage.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Any Rocket Racoon players out there? I've been playing him recently and realized I have no idea what to do with this guy besides laser -> drones -> fireball -> teleport.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

darealkooky posted:

Any Rocket Racoon players out there? I've been playing him recently and realized I have no idea what to do with this guy besides laser -> drones -> fireball -> teleport.

Tag out. Log Trap assist all day every day.

If you have to use him. Just set traps everywhere so no one can move and occasionally jump and H spitfire to keep them away.

If you have enough meter, you can piss people off with spring trap + heavy burrow and zone them out by going to the opposite side of the trap and just throwing log traps and bear traps.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

darealkooky posted:

I'm uploading some videos of some recent gameplay to my youtube channel right now if you need some input. I'll leave my computer running all night to try and get through as many as I can. It's mainly me playing some friends and a random pubbie or two.

http://www.youtube.com/user/duffath (Also I swear and act salty in the background in a british accent and Trykt used to think that makes me a bit :3: )

Watch this space too because I think I might do a little tutorial of sorts for rocket racoon based on my experience with him so far, so I'll let you know if/when I decide to make it, or just subscribe and you'll see it if/when it shows up.

Disclaimer: In no way claim to be a master racoon player with genius level execution and sometimes I still get blown up pretty darn hard and also these matches are ones I'm not always particularily proud of due to an off night, but I've been a bit sick about the lack of Racoon gameplay around for people to scrutinize so I've thrown myself on the grinder in the hopes that other racoon players can discuss what they see and help build on his meta-game some more even though my other team members do a lot of work and I'm still pretty terrible with them overall.

Oh god don't kill me or laugh at me for sucking goons :smith:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

While we're talking timing for doom's loops, any tips for where he should be relative to the other guy for his mid screen foot-foot dive loop? I get the second one whiffing a lot on everyone except sent.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
I learned a cool RR combo but I don't have the drive to actually try to use him meaningfully. He has some cool moves but just ain't that good.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
That log trap is insane though. Completely shut my Dante down when I played the only guy I've ever seen using RR online.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
How good is the log assist anyway, and would it be good in a keepaway team? It seems to fill up the screen nicely and come out really fast.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

duffath posted:

I'm uploading some videos of some recent gameplay to my youtube channel right now if you need some input. I'll leave my computer running all night to try and get through as many as I can. It's mainly me playing some friends and a random pubbie or two.

Is this from last night? I was going to join your lobby but I got too scared by the new XBL interface and messages so I just sat in training mode like a big goon :smith:

If you play again and I'm on invite me so I can get beaten a lot with my terrible ultimate teams!

Dr Slouch
May 8, 2008
I think I just found a weird glitch with Hulk, unless anyone else has a better explanation (against Dormammu, if it matters). In the corner, I did a fully-charged Impact Punch (f+M), and then did a VERY late cancel into launcher from it, after Dormammu had sort of gone past Hulk's head, and I immediately held up after pressing launcher. Hulk's 2-hit launcher only did its first hit, and then instead of superjumping he just did a normal jump cancel from it. The timing seems very finnicky and Dormammu recovers pretty quickly, and he only gets hit like a normal hit, not launched way up into the air. Is this something that happens all the time with other characters that I've missed, or anything else I could be forgetting about?

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Dr Slouch posted:

I think I just found a weird glitch with Hulk, unless anyone else has a better explanation (against Dormammu, if it matters). In the corner, I did a fully-charged Impact Punch (f+M), and then did a VERY late cancel into launcher from it, after Dormammu had sort of gone past Hulk's head, and I immediately held up after pressing launcher. Hulk's 2-hit launcher only did its first hit, and then instead of superjumping he just did a normal jump cancel from it. The timing seems very finnicky and Dormammu recovers pretty quickly, and he only gets hit like a normal hit, not launched way up into the air. Is this something that happens all the time with other characters that I've missed, or anything else I could be forgetting about?

IIRC that's a known thing with Hulk. Apparently Noah did it at Evo and confused a bunch of people.

tynam
May 14, 2007

Boxman posted:

While we're talking timing for doom's loops, any tips for where he should be relative to the other guy for his mid screen foot-foot dive loop? I get the second one whiffing a lot on everyone except sent.

One way I get it to hit consistently is to hit your second air M as late as possible before the first footdive. Late enough that your f.h footdive hits them on the upper part of their body, but not too late that it whiffs over their head. This way the s footdive has more to hit.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

Boxman posted:

What is the mid screen foot-foot dive loop? I've been using MM ->H dfairdash M cr.MH S..but I suck and can't hit it consistently

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

I learned a cool RR combo but I don't have the drive to actually try to use him meaningfully. He has some cool moves but just ain't that good.

What's his problem? He seems like he has a ton of options for getting in and mixing people up.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

Eeevil posted:

What's his problem? He seems like he has a ton of options for getting in and mixing people up.

Low damage and low health from what I can see

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah I still don't get this. They nerfed She Hulk slide because it was too good, then turn around and give Frank the same slide and Hawkeye an even better one.

And speaking of Frank, if you can ignore the terrible music this is really cool stuff for level 1-2 Frank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3kKiY4XkvM&feature=player_embedded

This is alot easier then doing Air H into ToS H for a solo relaunch.

I strangely like that song. It was the credits music for Dead Rising 1.

While all the level 1-2 Frank tech is cool, it's better to make sure that level 1 Frank never sees the field at all.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

Eeevil posted:

Low damage, low range on most of his normals, damage ain't great. he has some great specials but trying to get in on a competent player who's not using RR is just too much work.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
laser + assist and his burrow seems pretty much unblockable but then I might just be playing people that are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

bouncyman posted:

What is the mid screen foot-foot dive loop? I've been using MM ->H dfairdash M cr.MH S..but I suck and can't hit it consistently

I think your mistake is using two j.m's before the forward-H, you can only use one if you're trying to Buktooth. If you try to use two it'll mess up the positioning.

• Locked thread