Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So those green curtains are the same as the ones from the Seer: Descend flash - remember when Rose walked through all the act curtains? So I guess we have... were there six such curtains? I think there were. So six mini-parts to Act 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
If anyone's curious, this makes Act 6.1 total 172 pages, released over a course of 27 days.

For comparison, page 172 of Homestuck, 34 days in, and page 172 of Hivebent, 22 days in.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Walliard posted:

If anyone's curious, this makes Act 6.1 total 172 pages, released over a course of 27 days.

For comparison, page 172 of Homestuck, 34 days in, and page 172 of Hivebent, 22 days in.

Read: the pace of this act is breakneck. People need to stop bitchin'.

Also that twist was incredible and I love Hussie so very much.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Maybe the explosion blows her straight clear and Lil Sebastian comes to the rescue with a Sweet Catch? (p..plz..)

I'm going with some version of this theory. Lil' Seb saved her in a manner parallel to how Brobot just saved Jake.

... :ohdear:

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
We know Jane's dreamself is awake and probably fine, so I'm guessing Jane is DEAD-dead. The robot is there to take care of the Alpha.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dolash posted:

So those green curtains are the same as the ones from the Seer: Descend flash - remember when Rose walked through all the act curtains? So I guess we have... were there six such curtains? I think there were. So six mini-parts to Act 6.

edit: Nevermind, you're right, I remember now there were two sets of curtains, and you just got confirmed by the update.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 9, 2011

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
I'm not quite convinced on the whole Jane just died thing, that would conflict with pretty much everything UU was talking about. We'll see how this turns out in act6 act 2 then, unless we all fell for the notorious Hussie psyche-out.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Silva posted:

I'm not quite convinced on the whole Jane just died thing, that would conflict with pretty much everything UU was talking about. We'll see how this turns out in act6 act 2 then, unless we all fell for the notorious Hussie psyche-out.

Well obviously Jane's not dead for good, but her real self could be dead. There's a few ways this could play out. She might become a ghost like the other maid, and her dreamself will be taken to a crypt. Maybe she'll get a robot self as well if this is the case. She also could awaken on Propit and start the whole slow dreamself death thing, which seems more likely. Even more likely than that though, is that Andrew will take this in another direction altogether that we didn't see coming.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

SpaceDrake posted:

Read: the pace of this act is breakneck. People need to stop bitchin'.

Also that twist was incredible and I love Hussie so very much.

Well remember that 'pace' isn't related to how much is done in a certain amount of time. If over 172 pages nothing happened for the first 130, that would still be poo poo pace.

They're still wrong, though. The pacing of this act has been properly fast and fairly consistent.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
Well I didn't see that coming! I thought Jake was going to be the one who'd end up being a robot in their session since he died on Prospit... but I guess it'll be Jane? At least that's what I hope. Maybe they'll all just think she died till they get in the game and she just uses her dreamself for their whole session.

Though I do wonder if this means every new kid will only have 1 life, since that's what Jane and Jake have right now assuming no robot/ghost shenanigans occur.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Android Blues posted:

Well, come on, heroes of EVERYTHING die early by those standards. The only characters who've never died in this comic are Gamzee, Karkat, Terezi, Jade and the other three reset kids. That's if you don't assume dreamself deaths count, a stipulation which, levied, says that everyone but kidMom and kidBro has died at least once!

e: so, to codify it, I guess heroes of Blood, Mind and Rage don't die early. :o)

Jade hella died. It was right before the End of Act 5.

You counted John, so you have to count Jade.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Jade hella died. It was right before the End of Act 5.

You counted John, so you have to count Jade.

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Okay just Gamzee Karkat and Terezi then. And the three other reset kids.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Android Blues posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Okay just Gamzee Karkat and Terezi then. And the three other reset kids.

Later Jake died in a cave-in.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I wonder if the kids will god tier in the opposite method their b1 equivalent reached god tier in this universe. That is, the Derse kids god tier using method 1 (that is, the way John and Jade (kinda) did) and the Prospit kids use method 2 like Dave and Rose. Jake has only one life left and Jane probably does as well, so they're probably restricted to method 2. The Derse kids may also lose their first lives but having the b2 kids god tier in opposite ways sounds like the sort of parallel Andrew would employ.

Edit:

Android Blues posted:

Karkat, Gamzee, and Terezi had their dreamselves murdered if you're counting that.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Idunn posted:

Well I didn't see that coming! I thought Jake was going to be the one who'd end up being a robot in their session since he died on Prospit... but I guess it'll be Jane? At least that's what I hope. Maybe they'll all just think she died till they get in the game and she just uses her dreamself for their whole session.

Jane is dead forever, Dad steps in as the Gent of Smoke.

Cleretic posted:

Well remember that 'pace' isn't related to how much is done in a certain amount of time. If over 172 pages nothing happened for the first 130, that would still be poo poo pace.

They're still wrong, though. The pacing of this act has been properly fast and fairly consistent.

I think the big concern was people extrapolating about the length of the act intro based on the current pacing, which, uh, just got kind of shot down in a big way.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Gabriel Pope posted:

Jane is dead forever, Dad steps in as the Gent of Smoke.

In all honesty this is what I was hoping as soon as the update processed.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Cleretic posted:

It's good to see Hussie tackle the real problems the world faces this time around. Spontaneous combustion is a very real issue that real people face, and it's good to see it acknowledged.

Again, I disagree. Spontaneous combustion is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for young heiresses to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the heiress then on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
So UU is actually RoboHussie?

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Another slew of updates. Hussbot confirmed as best character, yay or nay?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Robo-Huss, what are you doing and where are you?

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
What in the actual gently caress is going on, Huss-bot????

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

Seems plausible enough. Would be cool if we got brief capsule versions of each of the first 5 acts, although mostly I'm hoping we get ACT 6 ACT 5 ACT 1 and ACT 6 ACT 5 ACT 2 just for the sheer absurdity of it.

It appears you may be right . . .

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
But seriously, why is he a robot?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Walliard posted:

He probably dressed up as one like he dressed up as a troll, except he has a much higher budget now due to all his merch sales.

Looks like another recap is inbound? Sure has been a while since one of those.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
You monster! What have you done with the real Andrew Hussie!?

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Walliard posted:

It seems that the OG trip went a lot worse that we thought.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
So who built the Hussbot, and who is that lovely Prospitian lady in the background?

So many mysteries!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Idunn posted:

So who built the Hussbot, and who is that lovely Prospitian lady in the background?

So many mysteries!

That's Ms. Paint you dingus.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Maybe Hussie lived on the pink moon of alternia? So now hussbot has taken over in lieu of a dead Andrew?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Idunn posted:

So many mysteries!
That's Ms. Paint. Come on man, keep up.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?

Fucknag posted:

Oh derp of course. I keep forgetting she's a thing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Fucknag posted:

Seriously. You aren't saying you've forgotten the star of MS Paint Adventures, have you?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god I love the Hussie updates. This made me laugh out loud (and wake up my roommate, good god-tiers it's late here).

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Considering how much muttering and trepidation Hussie's first authourial appearance garnered, it's amazing how amusing they've gotten. They're their own little side story, complete with their own characters.

No epilogue will be complete without a happily-ever-after for Ms. Paint.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Good grief, Hussbot.

MrBims posted:

edit: Nevermind, you're right, I remember now there were two sets of curtains, and you just got confirmed by the update.

Also, the first five sets of green curtains were already open when Rose got there. Even at the time that was a pretty strong hint - but now that we know more about the exact setup it seems more than ever like we'll watch five fast-forwarded acts' worth of guardian-kids before the rest of the cast starts rejoining them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Of course, now that we're all speculating on it, it's entirely possible that Hussbot is just going to say "gently caress it" and skip straight to the last curtain.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That's why I made no attempt to predict how fast the fast-forward is going to be. :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Of course, now that we're all speculating on it, it's entirely possible that Hussbot is just going to say "gently caress it" and skip straight to the last curtain.

I endorse this if when we get there nothing makes sense. Bro is god-tier, Lalonde is a robot, they're fighting alongside three trolls that we've never met, and Ace Dick is their opponent.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I endorse this if when we get there nothing makes sense. Bro is god-tier, Lalonde is a robot, they're fighting alongside three trolls that we've never met, and Ace Dick is their opponent.

That would be amazing. What would also be amazing is if Hussie does a fast forward like that where nothing makes sense, then goes "You know what, let's go back to where we left off after all" and then we get to see how that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Boneless Jogger posted:

That would be amazing. What would also be amazing is if Hussie does a fast forward like that where nothing makes sense, then goes "You know what, let's go back to where we left off after all" and then we get to see how that happened.

But that would make sense