Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Low damage, low range on most of his normals, damage ain't great. he has some great specials but trying to get in on a competent player who's not using RR is just too much work.

I think Rocket has some of the worst normals in this game and this is someone that that plays Haggar on point so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

bouncyman posted:

What is the mid screen foot-foot dive loop?

Haven't seen that name used before but I'm guessing he/you mean S sj.MM f+H S addf trijump s.HS

I'm not positive it's necessary but I've been using 2 hits on the first M and then canceling into the f+H after only 1 hit on the second. Even if it's not necessary I definitely found it to land more consistently that way for me.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I didn't know you could do anything after j. S. You can airdash after that hits??

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

bouncyman posted:

I didn't know you could do anything after j. S. You can airdash after that hits??

Yeah, doom can cancel out of either one of his foot dives on hit or block with an airdash.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Four hulk combos. No assists.

Midscreen = (2l) 2m/m 6m 623m~m, jh js, m 6m 2, jm jm jh js, (4)6l 214PP, or 236h 236pp.

does 614k with no super generating 1 meter, or 866k with 214pp super in the corner, generating 10% meter. If you land much outside of the corner I suggest just not doing anything after the final jS at all, the 236pp ender only does around 722k damage.

Midscreen = jS, m 6m 623l~m, m 6m s, jm jm jh js, (4)6l 214pp or 236h 236pp.

Does 605k with no super, gives you a little bit less than a full meter, or 869K with 214pp super in the corner generating maybe 5% total meter. If you land much outside of the corner I suggest you don't bother spending a meter after the final js, the 236pp ender only does around 725k.

Corner = (2l) 2m/m 6m 623l~h, m 6m s, jm jm jh js, (4)6l 214pp.

Does 813k damage with the 214pp ender, pays for it's own super. Leaves the enemy in the corner.

Corner = (2l) 2m/m 6m 623l~h, m 6m 623l~m (opponent crosses over your head), m 6m 2, jm jm jh js, 236h 236pp.

Does 851k damage with the 236pp ender, +30% meter gained, leaves the enemy (very nearly) in the opposite corner of the stage from where you started.

I'm working on some other stuff too, like combos off of standing H and corner combos with standing H and jumping S starters, but none of these are final yet.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 9, 2011

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9BO20x_nE

Don't know if I like Haggar or Hawkeye more, but feel free to tell me every single noob mistake and horrible habit I have rolling. Was trying to save up all my bars to get Frank to 5 right away, but eh...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

duffath posted:

Disclaimer: In no way claim to be a master racoon player with genius level execution and sometimes I still get blown up pretty darn hard
By me :hehe:

big duck equals goose posted:

I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9BO20x_nE

Don't know if I like Haggar or Hawkeye more, but feel free to tell me every single noob mistake and horrible habit I have rolling. Was trying to save up all my bars to get Frank to 5 right away, but eh...
- Don't pick Tools of Survival for Frank, Shopping Cart or bust
- Your go-to BNB for Frank should be something like LMH c.HS -> j.MMH -> Tools of Survival H -> cr.MHS -> j.MMHS -> snapshot -> super. You'll build levels much faster and it's an easy combo.
- You can follow up Frank's OTG snapshot with either of his supers
- There were a couple of times where your level 2+ Frank could have used his roll to get in
- Your Haggar offence was very, very one-note. I know jumping pipe is good but if you do it too often people are gonna easily counter it, Shopping Cart Frank could have helped Haggar here
- If the clock reaches between 10 and 20 seconds (depending on how many guys you have left) and you haven't popped X-Factor, you may as well just do it.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 9, 2011

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Cat Machine posted:

By me :hehe:
- Don't pick Tools of Survival for Frank, Shopping Cart or bust
- Your go-to BNB for Frank should be something like LMH c.HS -> j.MMH -> Tools of Survival H -> cr.MHS -> j.MMHS -> snapshot -> super. You'll build levels much faster and it's an easy combo.
- You can follow up Frank's OTG snapshot with either of his supers
- There were a couple of times where your level 2+ Frank could have used his roll to get in
- Your Haggar offence was very, very one-note. I know jumping pipe is good but if you do it too often people are gonna easily counter it, Shopping Cart Frank could have helped Haggar here
- If the clock reaches between 10 and 20 seconds (depending on how many guys you have left) and you haven't popped X-Factor, you may as well just do it.

Cool, thanks. The team it self is a decent setup though? (Besides assist picks)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I think the biggest flaw with the team setup is that Frank essentially has to build his levels on his own, I don't know of any setups involving Haggar or Spider-Man that would help you get more than one level off a first hit.

e: I should point out that the Frank BNB I posted there only works for levels 1-2, when he reaches level 3 his ground Tools of Survival H gets a good ground bounce so use this for level 3+:
LMH, c.HS, j.MMHS, Tools of Survival H, HS, j.MMHS, Snapshot, super

I often replace the second j.MMHS with the j.M, Tools of Survival L loop for more hits (and therefore more XP), but that's a bit more tricky and you might wanna leave that till you get the first combo down.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 9, 2011

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Tryin' this in the lab, thanks again for the help. Really like Frank and Spiderman despite being awful with both. I really have no idea for a third pick though.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Tryin' this in the lab, thanks again for the help. Really like Frank and Spiderman despite being awful with both. I really have no idea for a third pick though.

Sentinel.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
You're going to need to play more than one match a week, and that's not because your bad, but because you won't improve anything at a decent rate by doing it once a week.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Guilty posted:

You're going to need to play more than one match a week, and that's not because your bad, but because you won't improve anything at a decent rate by doing it once a week.

I'm just recording once a week.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I had the perfect match buddy a few days ago. A Captain America team, he did great when he snagged me in a combo but he seemed to have a hard time getting in on me. It was one of those times where lag was minimal and everything just felt good. I could make sense as to why I got hit, why I got in, things like that. Just plain fun.

Managed to run Strider during that time and I'm kinda torn on the guy. I love his teleports and wall climb for mixing stuff up. Thing is, once I've gotten a hit in, I can't seem to do very much. His health is so low that I lose him in one combo/dhc. That zoo super takes forever to come out so I gotta slow my magic series air combo to a snails pace. Plus it doesn't even do all that much damage. I guess I'm suppose to work up getting to 3 meters before he can dish out a solid hit? I should probably drop him to second place in that case.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cat Machine posted:

I think the biggest flaw with the team setup is that Frank essentially has to build his levels on his own, I don't know of any setups involving Haggar or Spider-Man that would help you get more than one level off a first hit.

e: I should point out that the Frank BNB I posted there only works for levels 1-2, when he reaches level 3 his ground Tools of Survival H gets a good ground bounce so use this for level 3+:
LMH, c.HS, j.MMHS, Tools of Survival H, HS, j.MMHS, Snapshot, super

I often replace the second j.MMHS with the j.M, Tools of Survival L loop for more hits (and therefore more XP), but that's a bit more tricky and you might wanna leave that till you get the first combo down.

Haggar's lariat assist combined with snapshot will let you get an additional snapshot, so there's no way your level 1 combo won't at least get you to level 3. And that Rapid Fire fist trick is awesome and will take you to level four even if you don't manage to get the maximum number of hits (I never can...)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Sick mindgames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuTDG47jXAQ&hd=1

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Low damage, low range on most of his normals, damage ain't great. he has some great specials but trying to get in on a competent player who's not using RR is just too much work.

He has 1 million damage combos for 1 meter midscreen. They are literally the hardest combos in MvC3 though.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

AXE COP posted:

Sick mindgames.

The 3rd Lord Zero player who isn't charging a buster yet refuses to use any normal other than heavy when a guy is spamming a move with lots of startup and recovery?

Yup, that's playing online.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Lothire posted:

Managed to run Strider during that time and I'm kinda torn on the guy. I love his teleports and wall climb for mixing stuff up. Thing is, once I've gotten a hit in, I can't seem to do very much. His health is so low that I lose him in one combo/dhc. That zoo super takes forever to come out so I gotta slow my magic series air combo to a snails pace. Plus it doesn't even do all that much damage. I guess I'm suppose to work up getting to 3 meters before he can dish out a solid hit? I should probably drop him to second place in that case.

You need to work on your combos then. Legion hits OTG, but it takes some finesse to do stuff that will ensure it hits. You should actually be doing his air series fast, so a bnb looks like this:

During the second air series, you have to doublejump after the MM (before HS). Strider's doublejump causes him to fall faster than a standard jump, and if you don't do this, you won't land early enough for legion to connect.

You should also practice getting this off a grab, since it gives you some good damage to tack on and also it's really fun to do once you have it down:

Alternatively, you can do dash-up, S after landing S formation instead of wallcling and do an air exchange combo. But that's not as cool.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
So last night I stumbled across this dude named Bum who was running Haggar/Hulk/Chris. He was murdering everybody. 3-0'd Noel Brown, he actually got in on Dieminion with Haggar of all people.

There's quite a few matches in this archive somewhere: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

I think he starts around 42:40, names are wrong so Crazy Joe is actually Bum. Right off the bat, a Haggar 100% combo on Nemesis :cool:

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Niddhogg posted:

He has 1 million damage combos for 1 meter midscreen. They are literally the hardest combos in MvC3 though.

You talking about boulder loop stuff? I'd be interested in seeing anything else rocket racoon because there doesn't seem to be much out there for combo theory crafting. I don't have the execution to ever be able to land all that stuff consistently, but that said I think Rocky is still viable. I'm more focusing on good mixup tech rather than combos and tend to go for a pretty simple that I can get consistently when going for the kill. Depending on how you open people up a relatively easy racoon combo will probably do somewhere from 500-650k for 1 bar and if RNR is used you recover way before your opponent so you're already going for your next mixup before they've even hit the ground.

He's dies quick, has trouble starting up offense at times and to get decent damage out of him you do kind of need bar for it, but I find him challenging in the right way and my friends tell me he is very annoying which I find delightful.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Glass Eater posted:

So last night I stumbled across this dude named Bum who was running Haggar/Hulk/Chris. He was murdering everybody. 3-0'd Noel Brown, he actually got in on Dieminion with Haggar of all people.

There's quite a few matches in this archive somewhere: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

I think he starts around 42:40, names are wrong so Crazy Joe is actually Bum. Right off the bat, a Haggar 100% combo on Nemesis :cool:

I should really pick up The Mayor again. :allears:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

I really have no idea for a third pick though.
Wesker or Doom.

I say this without even really paying attention to what the rest of your team is.

Flying High
Jan 7, 2010

Kuvo posted:

I should really pick up The Mayor again. :allears:

At about 1 Hour 40 Minutes in Haggar gets a OCV Perfect against a Nova/Vergil/Dr. Doom team, and that was soo epic!

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Try using Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist, as long as it done to a grounded opponent you enough time to hard tag in Frank and use the camera and if you use the lariat assist you can combo after the camera.

http://youtu.be/FB1IfLt7phw

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

AXE COP posted:

Sick mindgames.

I was watching the stream when this happened and couldn't stop laughing for a solid minute.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
G4's Fighting Words is streaming online live, with Clock, Viscant, and ShadyK playing ranked. They're also answering viewer questions.

http://www.youtube.com/user/g4tv?blend=1&ob=4#p/l/0jb4qk0zQ94

Edit: I think AXE COP just had a question answered. :unsmith:

fix yr hearts fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 9, 2011

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

kaujot posted:

G4's Fighting Words is streaming online live, with Clock, Viscant, and ShadyK playing ranked. They're also answering viewer questions.

http://www.youtube.com/user/g4tv?blend=1&ob=4#p/l/0jb4qk0zQ94

This is the first I've heard someone, Viscant in this case, refer to two characters "as a shell"... "I really like Sentinel and Doom as a shell"... what is that exactly? The last 2 characters?

vvvv I'm in Canada and can see it, so maybe NA

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 9, 2011

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Not available, is this a US only thing? :(

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

kaujot posted:

I'm internet famous!!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Happy Blue Cow posted:

This is the first I've heard someone, Viscant in this case, refer to two characters "as a shell"... "I really like Sentinel and Doom as a shell"... what is that exactly? The last 2 characters?

Seems like he means using them as good assists and high damage, so that you can put whoever in as 3rd.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
They asked Shady K who would be a good third partner for some team and he said... Wesker or Doom. Guess he reads the forum.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Dren posted:

They asked Shady K who would be a partner for some team and he said... Wesker or Doom. Guess he reads the forum.

...Or plays the game

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Glass Eater posted:

gently caress, that was like an hour long winstreak in a room full of killers.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Glass Eater posted:

Yeah Bum is really good with low tier and was a top Melee player in the NYC for a while. He's probably NY's best kept secret right now because he plays a ton against top players at his house but never comes out to tournaments.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Oh my god. Oh my god. You guys. In one match last night I did a jump loop with Dr. Strange AND one with Frank AND I can end them both with a hyper. It's like getting a proper prescription for glasses after nearly a year of squinting at poo poo that's far away.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

LightningKimba posted:

Ahh, I see Mike's picked up the 'Yipes technique'.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I like how Gootecks is just :geno: while Mike is going to loving town on that stick.

EDIT for a war story. Just played some pubbie ranked, I got a happy birthday with Doom as anchor against his last two guys and I thought gently caress yes I can win here. M M Laser fingers, okay time to mash that poo poo out WHAT OH GOD ACCIDENTAL X FACTOR OH poo poo then I did another laser fingers out of panic then he killed me while I was chilling up in the air doing the jazz hands.

Gotta remember to just mash with LMH.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm lazy and just set one of the extra buttons on my stick to an attack and put it on turbo, works like a charm and I don't have to smash my buttons in.

• Locked thread