Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Benoit's best theme ever was when he was a heel in WWF and they would leave in dear air giving the audience time to audibly BOOOOOOO! so it actually sounded like part of the music.

DUNNA DUNNA DOO DUNNA-DUNNA DOO!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
DUNNA DUNNA DOO DUNNA-DUNNA DOO!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was the default song for your CAW in the last SVR game he was in. :)

Also, turns out that I was watching a WWE dvd where they overdubbed his WWE music, hence my confusion.

I'm glad I have the 2002 Unforgiven DVD so I can watch all the cool old themes, like Never Gonna Stop Me and that "Who's that jumpin' out the floor..." Rey Mysterio theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LordPants posted:

That was the default song for your CAW in the last SVR game he was in. :)

Also, turns out that I was watching a WWE dvd where they overdubbed his WWE music, hence my confusion.

I'm glad I have the 2002 Unforgiven DVD so I can watch all the cool old themes, like Never Gonna Stop Me and that "Who's that jumpin' out the SKY!!!!!!..." Rey Mysterio theme.

:argh:

R-E-Y Mysterio here we go

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

I kind of liked Kane's theme when it had lyrics.

You obviously didn't grow up with Finger Eleven on the radio, when they were called RAINBOW BUTT MONKEYS. It wasn't even ironically good.

*shudder*
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...v1AcHOb_CtPfyiQ

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

:argh:

R-E-Y Mysterio here we go

Wait. But he jumped out of a trap door. In the floor.

I swear to god.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cardboard Box posted:

I was hoping that King of Kings would be his new permanent theme when it first debuted. I'm a huge Motörhead fan, and The Game is good, but man, King of Kings owns so much more.

I really liked when HHH used Bow Down for his promos, and Time to Play the Game for his matches. I mean if you're going to have to see 4 HHH entrances in one show, you might as well mix up the themes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Nah, Benoit had a very different theme. His WCW themes all sucked really hard aside from the Horsemen theme.

The only guys in WCW with decent theme music were Raven and Sandman. Here's Sandman's WCW theme for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BD6uisXII0

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I liked a bunch of WCW themes:

• Vampiro's ICP theme
• Rey's cruiserweight theme
• Lex Luger's epic theme
• DON'T TURN YO BACK ON THE WOLF PAC

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, WCW had a ton of great themes. I mean, Sting's original Crow theme? The nWo theme? DISCO INFERNO'S theme? DDP's was awesome even if it was a direct rip-off just for DDP talking during it. The Harlem Heat theme is iconic.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I liked the nWo theme, that funky guitar and the voice talking over the music. And I liked Goldbergs theme.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Horseman theme is still my favourite theme, along with HHH's pre-Motorhead 56K modem one.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

I liked the nWo theme, that funky guitar and the voice talking over the music. And I liked Goldbergs theme.

Goldberg's theme is epic. Absolutely epic. When you talk about music making the man, that's a great example. Had Golberg used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBeelasBVw4 I doubt he would have been as over as he was.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Lone Rogue posted:

Goldberg's theme is epic. Absolutely epic. When you talk about music making the man, that's a great example. Had Golberg used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBeelasBVw4 I doubt he would have been as over as he was.

It's even epic when sampled by Damian Marley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFpJrlgd7A

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Where is Chris Hero? We've seen Claudio appear in FCW but there's been no sign of Hero.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Lone Rogue posted:

Yeah, WCW had a ton of great themes. I mean, Sting's original Crow theme? The nWo theme? DISCO INFERNO'S theme? DDP's was awesome even if it was a direct rip-off just for DDP talking during it. The Harlem Heat theme is iconic.

Oh man I almost forgot about the greatest theme of all: BUFF DADDY

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Bagwell said "buff" so many times whenever he came out, the word eventually lost all meaning to me.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

King of Kings owns so much more.
The only thing that owns about this is the horrible titantron that goes with it.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Where is Chris Hero? We've seen Claudio appear in FCW but there's been no sign of Hero.

Last I was aware, he was still waiting for tests to go through to clear him.

Maybe he failed a physical or something; neither he nor Claudio have put anything up on Twitter about it, other than Claudio vaguely hinting that FCW "needed a Hero" a while back.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist

CombineThresher posted:

The only guys in WCW with decent theme music were Raven and Sandman. Here's Sandman's WCW theme for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BD6uisXII0

In true WCW fashion, it was used by Mongo before him and Rick Steiner after.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just noticed in Dolph's old Titantron there's footage of him slapping Batista and giving him a Zig Zag. When the gently caress did that happen?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just noticed in Dolph's old Titantron there's footage of him slapping Batista and giving him a Zig Zag. When the gently caress did that happen?
IIRC, Dolph's first match was a surprisingly competitive back-and-forth with Batista. Similar booking to Daniel Bryan debuting against Jericho actually, but with face/heel roles reversed.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

battlemonk posted:

Last I was aware, he was still waiting for tests to go through to clear him.

Maybe he failed a physical or something; neither he nor Claudio have put anything up on Twitter about it, other than Claudio vaguely hinting that FCW "needed a Hero" a while back.

They probably asked him to stop looking so much like Triple H, Chris Hero told Triple H to stop looking so much like him, Hunter didn't get the joke and now they are second guessing the signing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bocc Kob posted:

Bagwell said "buff" so many times whenever he came out, the word eventually lost all meaning to me.

Don't worry, to remind you he had BUFF airbrushed on his hat, his tights, the overalls he wore over his tights, possibly also on his boots.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The problem with Buff Bagwell is that when Scott Steiner started pretty much doing his gimmick, he did it right and took it to the main event.

Buff Bagwell couldn't take it anywhere but getting his rear end kicked by Shane f'n Helms.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I remember seeing a picture of Buff a few years ago, long after WCW had folded, and he still had an nWo hat with the logo taped out. He couldnt loving buy a new hat!!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wojtek posted:

The only thing that owns about this is the horrible titantron that goes with it.

That stupid cartoony-looking skull with a crooked crown? Yeah, that was dumb.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oldpainless posted:

I remember seeing a picture of Buff a few years ago, long after WCW had folded, and he still had an nWo hat with the logo taped out. He couldnt loving buy a new hat!!!

Someday his mom will boost his allowance. Someday.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CombineThresher posted:

Someday his mom will boost his allowance. Someday.

Before Russo we got Rick Steiner and Judy Bagwell as co-Tag Champs. I thought to myself, "This is amazing, but how could it get better?"

Judy Bagwell on a Pole match.

Nothing will ever get better than that.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Before Russo we got Rick Steiner and Judy Bagwell as co-Tag Champs. I thought to myself, "This is amazing, but how could it get better?"

Judy Bagwell on a Pole match.

Nothing will ever get better than that.

Someone book Bagwell's shoot mom v. Shelton's fake mom. There can only be one.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

For what it's worth, Hero being signed is still pending as far as anyone knows.
If WWE had moved on like with Nigel, we would know something rather than nothing.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

That stupid cartoony-looking skull with a crooked crown? Yeah, that was dumb.
Well, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIpWsuAoDPs

I meant the horrible army fight scenes and skeletons that repeat every 10s, but that skull graphic is pretty dumb too.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The skeleton scene looks like it was from The Army of Darkness.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

For what it's worth, Hero being signed is still pending as far as anyone knows.
If WWE had moved on like with Nigel, we would know something rather than nothing.

I thought he already was signed but they were either waiting on him to finish up his indy dates or for a physical.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

BillyMays posted:

The skeleton scene looks like it was from The Army of Darkness.

That's what I think every time too.

All this talk of HHH's themes and nobody mentions the best part of The Game - Both times Lemmy did it live and forgot the lyrics. Also, the acoustic version backstage that one time.

Also also, that time Drowning Pool did it for Wrestlemania X8.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Remember when they first introduced the new Raw set, and HHH had that lovely low rez GIF of a sledgehammer for his side titantron? Good times.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

You obviously didn't grow up with Finger Eleven on the radio, when they were called RAINBOW BUTT MONKEYS. It wasn't even ironically good.

*shudder*
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...v1AcHOb_CtPfyiQ

Luckily the only Canadian music I listen to is Matthew Good (and kazoos) and I grew up with Bruce Springsteen on the radio. These factors all came together and allowed me to like Kane's theme with lyrics. My whole life was leading to that moment. It however didn't allow me to enjoy Steve Austin's theme with lyrics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRayPer posted:

It however didn't allow me to enjoy Steve Austin's theme with lyrics.

How can you not love the lyrics,"Step up to nah living inside ya, step up for not gonna find ya! Step up for the live it up!"?

I'm being serious, it's probably my favorite Austin theme even if I have no idea what the words are.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Jerusalem posted:

How can you not love the lyrics,"Step up to nah living inside ya, step up for not gonna find ya! Step up for the live it up!"?

I'm being serious, it's probably my favorite Austin theme even if I have no idea what the words are.

I'M BREAKING THE LEMON INSIDE YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Jerusalem posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtpsuUZG_s

The song with lyrics in the info.

Between this and the WCW ad being found it's a red letter day for wrasslin' fans.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Is there no love for Triple H's theme when he first became champion? My Time was my favorite theme in Wrestlemania 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUeRXYBYIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh I don't want to know the words, I'm having too much fun babbling along with the music :)

It's the same reason I love the Wolfpac theme: Wolfpac something something mass destruction! Something something something and then something something! Don't touch my back I'm the Wolfpac!