Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

What does Fratto get from this? Is ETM promoting a product, or is Fratto using him just to get on the air? I don't really see why they're doing this at all.

When Fratto gets on the air, he usually gets a plug for something he's doing. Or getting ETM some media presence allows him to exercise his tiny, angry fists of power. Or they could just be desperate for attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binton
Jun 23, 2004
I am here, eating pie, with a fork.
I was actually going to say this as well, I renewed my Sirius last week because I got a car with it built in and everything on the show just seems so rehearsed and staged now, its like they ran out of things to talk about and made it into a scripted drama.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Speaking of cars with stereos build in, I want to get a new (nicer) radio than my factory install. I have XM in my car, so I have the receiver already.

Will most aftermarket radios fit with the satellite receivers?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

In general, no. Most aftermarket satellite radios are all one piece, and most OEM car stereos have separate head unit and satellite receivers. This way they can make you buy the box as a pricey upgrade.

You might luck out, though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Benjy Girl Drama
Eric's insane demands
Herman Cain

I know I'm forgetting something else

More Assnapkin and Debbie the Petlady bullshit about some secret in her past.

Edit: Also the J.D. bashing this morning, while not exactly fake, seems forced.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 8, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

In general, no. Most aftermarket satellite radios are all one piece, and most OEM car stereos have separate head unit and satellite receivers. This way they can make you buy the box as a pricey upgrade.

You might luck out, though.

drat. Thanks for the heads up in any case. I am going to check out a couple of audio places around me and see what they say.

And yeah - even the receiver is crazy expensive. Head units aren't bad though.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

More Assnapkin and Debbie the Petlady bullshit about some secret in her past.

I enjoy rear end napkin, but Debbie sounds like a straight up crazy person and should get help, not radio time. It makes me sad to hear her and I can't imagine what life is like for her son.

Mom, get off the phone, put the cats down and stop trying to sleep with rear end Napkin Ed please, you are embarrassing me!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, one of the worst results of the move to Sirius was that the general semi-functioning loons weren't as able to participate in the show any longer, since most of them can't afford the sub fees.

So instead we get one full blown crazy person who's not even interesting or humorous.

Nothing about Debbie has ever even made me grin. It's harrible and I immediately skip ahead about 10 minutes whenever he picks up her bullshit call.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

prefect posted:

When Fratto gets on the air, he usually gets a plug for something he's doing. Or getting ETM some media presence allows him to exercise his tiny, angry fists of power. Or they could just be desperate for attention.

Does he still have his motorcycle shop or his pasta sauce?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, one of the worst results of the move to Sirius was that the general semi-functioning loons weren't as able to participate in the show any longer, since most of them can't afford the sub fees.

So instead we get one full blown crazy person who's not even interesting or humorous.

Nothing about Debbie has ever even made me grin. It's harrible and I immediately skip ahead about 10 minutes whenever he picks up her bullshit call.

Same problem with callers -- you could get random whackos when the show was on FM radio, but nowadays it's just Bobo.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

There is one thing that makes me laugh about Debbie: the ROOOOOOOOBIN drop that Fred plays. But that's mostly because of Fred.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Fratto convinced Eric to drive that little car around right? That was pretty good.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Yes the Eric the Midget bit is fake, you can tell by his bad acting and loving up everything. He even said a few times "Well Fratto put that in to be funny".

Eric knows what he is doing now, but he also still doesn't know, if that makes sense. I'm finding it funny because he is ruining the bit because he is Eric the Midget and he ruins everything.

That's like what, 3 or 4 fake stories running on the show this week?

Benjy Girl Drama
Eric's insane demands
Herman Cain

I know I'm forgetting something else

Wait Eric story is fake?
So he's not an annoying twat with delusional ideas of his own stardom floating around in his midget cranium?
(sleeping Frotto was the giveaway?)

Everytime I hear Eric, it's the worst poo poo ever. He's so ungrateful it's painful to listen to. Howard was about to hang up with him last week and he kept him on another 10 minutes.
Soooo bad.

Anyways, Howard spouting off about Green Lantern being better than Thor, and Slumdog Millionaire was just silly.

I still love the show, you just have to wait for the great guests.

I canceled my Sirius subscription though so I catch what I can on the webs -- I could never get the replay right - always listened to the same bit when I tuned in.
Also, there is no pausing, and no archiving at the end of the day/week.

I've e-mailed the show several times that they should make Howard TV an iTunes downloadable or Amazon downloadable show -- I would pay for that since my service doesn't carry HowardTV as an option.

The Benjy/Elisa saga has actually been entertaining though.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm pretty sure that to Johnny Fratto, the ETM stuff is a bit but to Eric it's a lot more real... So when it comes to his list of demands, you get a mix of Johnny's zany poo poo that he convinces Eric to say, like the "no interaction with werewolves!" thing, and Eric's real bullshit, like the "give my assistant an assistant" or the "4 20oz of Pepsi" poo poo.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

prefect posted:

Same problem with callers -- you could get random whackos when the show was on FM radio, but nowadays it's just Bobo.

The best was when a non-fan would call into the show to complain about Howard being racist or something and Howard would rip into them for half an hour and end up offending them even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASl0XZs45Zc

Nowadays when someone complains he tells them to gently caress off and hangs up in thirty seconds.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
Back/neck problems, germaphobia, and now frequent urination...is there anything Dr. Sarno's book can't cure?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mike Tahoe posted:

Back/neck problems, germaphobia, and now frequent urination...is there anything Dr. Sarno's book can't cure?

A God complex.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mike Tahoe posted:

Premature ejaculation apparently.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mike Tahoe posted:

Howard used to believe that Sarno could cure The Gay; even though it might be depressing, I would love a series of shows where Howard listens to his old material and comments on how he feels about it now. That could be insightful.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Premature ejaculation apparently.

If you don't cum instantly looking at other women lamenting the lack of sexuality in your wife, you are not a man like Howard.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Well if Howard delays his ejaculation any longer Beth might lose her self-control and let an ovary slip into the womb or take a poop

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Man I hope Beth gets pregnant.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

If you don't cum instantly looking at other women lamenting the lack of sexuality in your wife, you are not a man like Howard.

Hey, I can do pull-ups. That makes me a man.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

AxeManiac posted:

You can hold out for five minutes? Are you gay??

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
You don't wear a rubber? Ewww!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Give Herman a chance! Give Herman a chance!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Lets see...three foot six, eighty five pounds...that'll be seven fifty.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

GenoCanSing posted:

Lets see...three foot six, eighty five pounds...that'll be seven fifty.
750 what?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
750 BAWOOOOOOOOOOONSSS!!!!!!

On a sidenote, anyone happen to have Eric the midget's email address? It used to be allsports1975 AT aol DOT com, but it's changed apparently (got a bounceback). Need to send my fanmail to the little guy. :v:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Cliche Guevara posted:

750 BAWOOOOOOOOOOONSSS!!!!!!

On a sidenote, anyone happen to have Eric the midget's email address? It used to be allsports1975 AT aol DOT com, but it's changed apparently (got a bounceback). Need to send my fanmail to the little guy. :v:

Harassing people isn't really cool. Just stick to making fun of him here.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
As usuall, I'm a few days behind....

But what the gently caress are "crop specs"? CROP SPECS?!

CHANNEL 88?!

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 12, 2011

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Spent 13 minutes on hold with Sirius to cancel. They billed me $170 for the year coming up. I said I never renewed, never ordered, never consented. So they offered me a year for half price. I said no thank you. They offered me 2 months free, and I would have to cancel in February. I said no thank you. So they canceled my service.

But then they said there was balance of $2.40 for the 2 days of Sirius that I used from Dec 10 when my last subscription ended. I said I used no service, asked for no service, and ordered no such service. They told me it was Sirius policy to auto-renew, and that I was aware of such policy. I told them it was my policy to not pay money for something that I had not purchased. I asked the woman on the phone how she would feel if I filled her car with gasoline when she wasn't looking and then charged her for it. She was not concerned and cited company policy.

Policy is not the law. I am under no contract. I asked to speak with someone who could remove the $2.40 bill, but alas, no one was available with that authority. She said she would escalate the issue and I asked her to please do.

And the call was over.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Can anyone find that link to the Sound Drop contest, I wanna get some sounds and try some submissions.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Here are the contest details and here's a direct link to the clips

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
While looking for a link for you I ended up at HowardStern.com and holy poo poo is that site garbage. Half the areas on the main page aren't expandable and have content spilling over their borders. Looking at the code, the whole thing is song in tables and frames. (FRAMES! Not even iframes!) That's some quality 1999 technology there.

Also, there's Javascript at the bottom of the page that builds the show archive menus, so you can see exactly how many shows there have been this year. (175 so far)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I spent like 20 minutes looking for it myself on howardstern.com and gave up, that website is horribly designed.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 12, 2011

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005
Benjy is loving frightening looking. Jesus christ, this has to be schtick. I mean it has to be schtick, right? Can Benjy really get anymore annoying?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Everything about Jason's fat guy show and how JD just completely dreads being roped into it is hilarious.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

AxeManiac posted:

Harassing people isn't really cool. Just stick to making fun of him here.

Let me be clear: I am one of the biggest fans of ETM. Ever. I'm not even trying to be cute - when the goon who put those clip packs of him from 2002-2009 on Scriptcover, I downloaded them all and must've played them at least a hundred times. No joke. Everywhere I went, I listened to his calls.

He's like a magnet, I'm stuck on him.

I actually was wanting to send him a fan e-mail, for real, and to possibly inquire about getting one of those "Fly Me With Balloons" t-shirts Langford mentioned as a blurb years back...

Anyone, feel free to PM me on here if you know how to reach him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Haha, of course he likes the girl who plays Deb on Dexter: she weight about 8 pounds and has the frame of wispy teenage boy (not unlike Howie himself).