Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

SlenderWhore posted:

I guess I had that one coming.

It's staring right at me :ohdear: does this mean I die in seven days?

Huh. It's not as creepy when it's smaller. But I agree with you. The ones that always creep me out the most are usually just a face staring out of the picture, really. There was that one with the copy/paste story about the kid with the new camera phone and it came with a picture that had some creepy face in the corner. I can't even look at that picture. Just getting closing to seeing it causes my heart rate to climb.

I think I may be a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollaback grandma
Feb 25, 2007

You never call.

PureRok posted:

Huh. It's not as creepy when it's smaller. But I agree with you. The ones that always creep me out the most are usually just a face staring out of the picture, really. There was that one with the copy/paste story about the kid with the new camera phone and it came with a picture that had some creepy face in the corner. I can't even look at that picture. Just getting closing to seeing it causes my heart rate to climb.

I think I may be a baby.

if only I had :10bux:, it would follow you around the forums...

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

hollaback grandma posted:

if only I had :10bux:, it would follow you around the forums...
Too late for SlenderWhore, apparently.

What is the story behind this picture anyway? I'm literally trying not to sleep tonight.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Here's a video that some people have told me is creepy, I find it more... off-putting or disturbing, I guess. I think it's visually gorgeous at the same time though, one of my favorite video art pieces: http://www.martynka.com/chocolate/large2.html

I couldn't finish that... looks like something that would end up as a snuff film.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

kinmik posted:

Too late for SlenderWhore, apparently.

What is the story behind this picture anyway? I'm literally trying not to sleep tonight.

Here's the one I saw:

quote:

A couple months ago my friend’s cousin (a single mother) had gotten a new cellphone. After a long day of work, she placed her phone down on the counter and started watching T.V. when her son came to her and asked if he could play with her new phone. She told him to not call anyone or mess with the text messages and he agreed to do so. At around 11:20 P.M. when she was getting tired, she decided to tuck her son in and go to bed herself. She proceeded to his room to see that he wasn’t there. She went to her room to him sleeping on her bed with the phone in his hand. Browsing though her phone, she noticed only minor changes such as a new background, banner, etc. and headed towards the picture section. She began deleting the pictures he took when she came across the last one. When she first saw it, she couldn’t believe it. It was her son, sleeping on her bed but it was as if the picture was taken by someone else above him. It shows the left half of what seems to be an elderly woman’s face.

No idea whether the picture was going around before that story, or if the two come from a single source.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Wasn't trying to get anything creepy, it's only my own breath, but it still sorta creeps me out.

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

Killer robot posted:

It shows the left half of what seems to be an elderly woman’s face.
Looks more like the head of a ventriloquist's dummy to me.

Which, now I think about it, is even worse.

diphenhydramine
Jun 26, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

taken in 1938

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Two creepy photos taken in 1942, children swearing loyalty oaths.

They're in the USA

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Chamale posted:

Two creepy photos taken in 1942, children swearing loyalty oaths.

They're in the USA

The top one puts the song paper planes in my head...

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Thanks for the nightmares, Boardwalk Empire.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SlenderWhore posted:

Does anyone know the story behind that white face thing that Gunt McBadpost posted? The fourth one from the top? Because for some reason, whenever I see that pic, I get THE biggest loving chill down my spine and I usually never have that sort of reaction to anything, especially not a picture on an Internet forum. Hell, I don't even want to scroll up to look at it because of how badly it freaks me out.

According to this: it's from "some japanese tv show that was talking about creepy dolls". Unfortunately, I can't find anything more.

In searching for that, I found this... thing.

Which is apparently just a new type of mobile phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6AVpWO33I

Also, these:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE

:gonk:

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

After watching these, I ran across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6iPlmIeD3Y&feature=related

I don't know if it's creepy or what.

reidscones
Apr 5, 2007

:snoop: deserve got nothin to do with it :snoop:

from some kind of thai buddhist hell-themed statue garden or something

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

reidscones posted:

from some kind of thai buddhist hell-themed statue garden or something

Cannibal Holocaust: The Art Installation

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAvLlPCbyQQ

I really don't know what the hell so I'll just leave it here. It's a yodeling cat. What the gently caress, Walmart.

God I hope they release this as a commercial.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Cyriak would like you to have a very merry Christmas.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Is there a name for the kind of poo poo that Cyriak does, besides just being cyriak?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Breetai posted:

Is there a name for the kind of poo poo that Cyriak does, besides just being cyriak?

does "Gilliamesque" count?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This video goes from interesting to creepy at around 15 seconds in.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

does "Gilliamesque" count?

"Fractal biomass recursion"?

This one's cute though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8&feature=related

WhatsInTheBox
Aug 11, 2010

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
^^^^^ That is awful.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

WhatsInTheBox posted:

Not real not real notrealohgodnotreal.

Aaaand this takes its place alongside ticks as a random fear I didn't know I had.

LitBolt
Sep 27, 2007
A tumbler of whiskey, please. And a revolver with a single bullet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUdpFN4O4B0

It's like the uncanny valley for plants - some of these are really cool looking, but the majority of them give me an inexplicable case of the howling fantods.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I lost my poo poo laughing at Noel Edmonds at the end.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

eithedog posted:

That's a pretty accurate Divine:

Why anyone would actually make one is a completely different story though. :stare:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Radio Paranoia posted:

That's a pretty accurate Divine:

Why anyone would actually make one is a completely different story though. :stare:

Maybe because Divine is awesome? (Poor chicken. :smith: )

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

spixxor posted:

Not real not real notrealohgodnotreal.

Aaaand this takes its place alongside ticks as a random fear I didn't know I had.

I'm almost positive I've seen that without the filling; it's supposed to be a fish with some crazy-rear end dentition.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Those look different, though:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Secks posted:

Steampunk Juggalos?

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Those look different, though:

THis is the mouth of a Sheeps Head fish, if I'm not mistaken. It uses all of those teeth to crunch up shells

Blinky13
Apr 24, 2008

Phy posted:

I'm almost positive I've seen that without the filling; it's supposed to be a fish with some crazy-rear end dentition.

It's a photoshop - there's some repetition, if you can stand to look at it a little longer, though they did do a pretty good job.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

vxskud posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

vxskud posted: