Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

CidGregor posted:

But if it is the same universe frog, and Bilious Slick is thus still cancerous, one would then theorize that any new session resulting from it would still be doomed to fail due to that same cancer poisoning the session, wouldn't it? How can that be the case if the whole point of this B2 universe is to finally be the successful session?

(Don't get me wrong I do agree that it's the same universe frog post-scratch and is still doomed to destruction by red miles, I would just like to know the how and why of the scenario that the old session was infected and doomed while supposedly this session in the same cancerous universe is meant to be successful. What makes this session different?)

Well the "cancer" of Billious Slick was the generation of a session in which Jack flipped out and got prototyped with a first guardian. Dog-tier Jade is probably more than strong enough to take out any other such opponent with ease solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Tollymain posted:

I still don't. Explain?

John's original Doctor Ragnarok title was achieved after he kinda blew up most of LOWAS.

Having now blown up the entire universe, his title is now Revenge of Doctor Ragnarok.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
KC Green just posted this on his Tumblr. It's amazing and also maybe a sign of a SBaHJ album.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Never mind that, there's more God Tier outfits.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Walliard posted:

Doom rocks but Hope is boring as hell.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Makes sense I guess that Blood and Rage would be last.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Is it me or does Doom look a lot like Jake's headgear computer?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

YF-23 posted:

Is it me or does Doom look a lot like Jake's headgear computer?

In the sense that they both look like skulls, yes.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Sweet jesus, I NEED that Doom hoodie. It looks good without being overtly nerdy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Walliard posted:

Man, just look at those dramatically different colors for Hope's design.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
SBAHJ image linked above set as my tiled desktop background. Perfect.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

John and Jade can talk now. :stare:

Also 5 intermissions, yesss

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
:siren: We have broken new ground. John and Jade are talking directly sans gimmicks. :siren:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Dialoglogs are my new favourite thing.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"Dialoglog"

e/ I am dumb and can't parse made up words. For some reason this one entered my head as dialo-glog instead of dialog-log. :crossarms:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 11, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Holy poo poo they are speaking normally! This is the MOST SHOCKING TWIST YET.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

As absurd as it sounds to my ears, the MSPA MERCH seems to have shot down the theory that Jake's dream self died on a god tier slab thinger. The colors are all wrong.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, that's something you don't see everyday.

E: Wait. Sarcasm aside, does this mean that nobody back on the kids' world was able to converse normally? That's a hilarious thought.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hahaha, I guess this had to happen. When you get to the part of the story where everyone finally meets, not much to do but go "gently caress it" and throw out pain-in-the-rear end dialogue restrictions.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tollymain posted:

Well, that's something you don't see everyday.

E: Wait. Sarcasm aside, does this mean that nobody back on the kids' world was able to converse normally? That's a hilarious thought.
All direct conversation was done via an elaborate system of communication centrally based around body language, rap battles and strifes.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Aww, of course the dialoglog wouldn't be longer than that. Three feet, three nanoseconds, three words. John's still talking pretty fast.

KoB
May 1, 2009

JT Jag posted:

All direct conversation was done via an elaborate system of communication centrally based around body language, rap battles and strifes.

John's original Strife with Dad was just John telling Dad how his day was so far.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
gently caress Homesuck has now officially jumped all of the sharks. How am I supposed to relate to it from my spergcave now? <:mad:>

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently typing "quirks" persist even in speech.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
So when the kids meet the trolls, they'll only be able to talk to Aradia?

EDIT: Wait no I misread the badge. Joke spoiled :(

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

YF-23 posted:

This really isn't anything new, we've seen this holds true from Alterniabound and other walkabouts.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

It makes sense that the kids aren't gonna speak with their screenname abbreviations anymore if they're gonna meet up with another group of kids with the same screenname abbreviations. For clarity's sake.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

This really isn't anything new, we've seen this holds true from Alterniabound and other walkabouts.

Only Vriska was at God Tier at that time though. They could only speak via gimmicks like mouths and vocal chords instead of using true speech. :colbert:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Now the glubbers can finally chat with the naknaks.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

YF-23 posted:

Think of them like phonetically spelled accents.

Also it feels like over time Homestuck has sort of developed a little theme about shedding and overcoming video game abstractions. I predict that by the time Homestuck ends all the main characters will have transcended all the video game rules that bind them to things like chatlogs, sylladexes, and the like. I think it would be a fitting ending.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

Think of them like phonetically spelled accents.

Also it feels like over time Homestuck has sort of developed a little theme about shedding and overcoming video game abstractions. I predict that by the time Homestuck ends all the main characters will have transcended all the video game rules that bind them to things like chatlogs, sylladexes, and the like. I think it would be a fitting ending.

That would actually make sense. How do you beat a rigged game? Don't play it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Well Manicured Man posted:

He should also wrap up all romantic loose ends just to make the shippers weep bitter tears as their sandbox gets taken away from them. Not that doing so would stop them, but the rattles being thrown out of prams when he chooses something other than John/Karkat would be epic.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Renaissance Robot posted:

"Dialoglog"

All I can think of when reading this word is "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Paracelsus posted:

He should also wrap up all romantic loose ends just to make the shippers weep bitter tears as their sandbox gets taken away from them. Not that doing so would stop them, but the rattles being thrown out of prams when he chooses something other than John/Karkat would be epic.

No, before he destroys the shippers he should harness them: "Dear fans, whoever kidnaps the President for me gets to pick two characters. On the last page of Homestuck, I will make them kiss, and it will be canon. Forever."
I'm pretty sure he would become Supreme Emperor of Earth within the afternoon.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

YF-23 posted:

Only Vriska was at God Tier at that time though. They could only speak via gimmicks like mouths and vocal chords instead of using true speech. :colbert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jYr4502M0

quote:

It makes sense that the kids aren't gonna speak with their screenname abbreviations anymore if they're gonna meet up with another group of kids with the same screenname abbreviations. For clarity's sake.
hussie's god tier is prince of meta-plot devices.

Also, the Hope and Doom symbols are unexpectedly fantastic; way more interesting than the Life or Mind designs while still maintaining a level of simplicity. Hopefully Rage will be something in this vein; Blood is assumably just going to be a droplet (with maybe a reference to the Heart symbol if we're lucky?)

snucks fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 11, 2011

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

YggiDee posted:

No, before he destroys the shippers he should harness them: "Dear fans, whoever kidnaps the President for me gets to pick two characters. On the last page of Homestuck, I will make them kiss, and it will be canon. Forever."
I'm pretty sure he would become Supreme Emperor of Earth within the afternoon.

It would be like a massive version of "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" except with kidnapping the President instead of finding buried treasure. 1000 kidnappers all getting in each other's way and bungling everyone else's plans. Ah, the hijinks that would ensue.

fake edit: somebody get me a producer, fast! I think I smell a box office smash!

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
I really hope that the badge will only allow others to talk if john or jade is the one to start the conversation. I can just see them lording it over everyone else.

"Oh Dave, you're still using pesterlogs? Didn't you get to the next god-tier yet? :smugbert:

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

snucks posted:

Also, the Hope and Doom symbols are unexpectedly fantastic; way more interesting than the Life or Mind designs while still maintaining a level of simplicity.

Hope seems to be Breath and Life combined, forming angel wings.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I realize this is mostly a gag, since the kids have never talked in person in the story until now, but I wouldn't mind them unlocking new achievements that give them more abilities that make them more, well, god-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

snucks posted:

Blood is assumably just going to be a droplet (with maybe a reference to the Heart symbol if we're lucky?)
I'm assuming this because it's also another kick-to-the-shins for Nepeta and Karkat shippers.