Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good news!

We're slowly becoming the most legitimate costume contest holding supergroup.

All-Stars and SPEAR have both fallen to cries of "rigged" and whining in the last week. Soon their corpses will fall in a pile, and we will stand atop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If there's one thing you can trust goons for, it's indiscriminate idiocy. :v:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

Good news!

We're slowly becoming the most legitimate costume contest holding supergroup.

:stonk:

This... will... not... STAND.

time for the Prolapse With Feet, Goatse As Drawn By A Six-Year-Old and Hail to the Phallus categories

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First we wait for them all to fall, and only then do we strike.

We bide our time, like a bad analogy in the tall grass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Swapped the dates. Christmasoween CC is this week, the mangled idea one in 2. We need a little more lead time for the latter.

Edit: Also Earth is now up on the PTS.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 9, 2011

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Edit: Also Earth is now up on the PTS.
I dunno, it seems there on Live too, whenever I look down. :geno:

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

If you ever want a way to melt your processor through excessive debris physics, looks like Earth is the way to go. This is all from just spamming block:

EDIT: Bonus Tremor explosion.

jjac fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 10, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you use Tornado Flight and spam Block, you look like the Tazmanian Devil.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

So I'm not the only one who immediately wondered how hard you could slog a computer with the 'free rocks' button?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

LordSaturn posted:

So I'm not the only one who immediately wondered how hard you could slog a computer with the 'free rocks' button?

If I weren't afraid of melting my own computer before managing to melt other people's computers, this would most certainly become my favorite reason to go to Club Caprice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So the annoying person in charge of the CO Wiki got temp banned today for 3 days.

The forums went boom. Saturn asked for links.

Most of it is here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=141615

There's some more in this one though: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=141555

ReinWeissRitter is me. I was bored, nobody was on to play Call of Duty with.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I just wanted to see what :siren:SILVERSPAR:siren: posted that you agreed with.

Here is the (already-censored) post for which Lohr got banned: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=2000554#post2000554 There was a LOT of censoring going on there, what were people talking about that flipped the mods off?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Good ol' Terra Silverspar. Super arch-furry "werewolf" who bailed from CoH to CO (IIRC) because CO had a lot more animal bits (at the time) than CoH did. Glad to see that he? she? it? has not changed a bit in the 3 years since then.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
This aint 1984 this is an MMO...free speach HERE!

What a great signature that Nepht guy has :allears:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, Nepht is loving hilarious. It's old sig was critical of lovely costumes, yet Nepht has the worst costumes of all :v:

Also :laffo: at Lohr getting banned. I mock her and the rest of the :spergin: crew in the Zombats channel due to their obsession with timers on Christmas cookies and Action Figures. I actually made Dardove ragequit after implying he might have aspbergers.

Oh good old Silverspar. I thought he/she/it was playing WoW? Still pops into the CO forums wanting to make CO WoW still, eh?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

I just wanted to see what :siren:SILVERSPAR:siren: posted that you agreed with.

It was the one about how Lohr is a big old hostile douche to anyone who tries to do anything like a Wiki.

Nobody will say what was actually in the ban, but someone who saw it said that it definitely deserved it.

Anyway, here were tonight's winners:

The Power Package and Horror Show. Our Worst and Vampire winners. Power Package's gimmick is kind of funny, but he put in no effort for the actual categories.

VITAMAN, our Frankenstein winner who also would have won Ghost if we didn't do one each.

Corrosion, Mummy.

Some guy with a dumb name who won Werewolf because they all sucked.

Cosette and Naughty Little Elf, who won Ghost and Zombie, because the good choices had already won stuff.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 11, 2011

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I should have logged in, but I was having too much fun watching the implosion on the CO forums :suspense:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
VITAMAN is actually kinda cool!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It was the one about how Lohr is a big old hostile douche to anyone who tries to do anything like a Wiki.
The annoying thing is the CO wiki is actually pretty loving lovely for what it is too, and only gets away with it because the playerbase for the game is small.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
:siren:SILVERSPAR:siren: has quit CO over the Lohr debacle :lol:

quote:

Welp adios #CO. The community has become less than stellar and is no longer welcoming to anyone but the clique. Sad it happened.

Although I'm pretty sure it's quit CO forever before!

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

LordSaturn posted:

So Dark Enforcers wouldn't be "Person most resembling Silverspar"? :eng99:

vvv Ahhh, okay, that sounds right. vvv

I think I still got her costume file from way back..

edit:

Danith fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 11, 2011

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Mewnie posted:

:siren:SILVERSPAR:siren: has quit CO over the Lohr debacle :lol:

Although I'm pretty sure it's quit CO forever before!

What the hell is the Lohr debacle? I know there's some kind of weird circlejerk going on with the most frequent posters but I don't read everything on the CO forums.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Allatum posted:

What the hell is the Lohr debacle? I know there's some kind of weird circlejerk going on with the most frequent posters but I don't read everything on the CO forums.

...It's what we've just been talking about.

Lohr got temp banned. The fact that a PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY could be banned for a completely deserved reason is just more evidence of the problems with this game and it needs to be burnt to the ground.

And by burnt to the ground I mean like 9 catgirls are leaving, and Silverspar.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Oh wonderful, even Champions is celebrating the SWTOR launch.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

jjac posted:

I remember once, a long time ago, I asked why there weren't any lightsabres in the game. Jan said it was because "We don't want the game to be full of ripoff jedis".

:geno:

I followed up with "Good thing the art team spends so much effort filling the game with Furry options." And Jan got sad. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything worthwhile from the winter event, or am I sticking with TOR?

Cindare
Dec 20, 2006
There's a plethora of action figures available, leet purps in the form of the Grandfather Winter set, and Whiteout #5 (hopefully) coming out this weekend.

I for one am having fun with it. But if WoW In Space had any appeal to me, I imagine I'd be doing that instead.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

jjac posted:

I'd be fine with this if it meant non-retarded looking lightsabers. If you can't make them just a handle and a blade, then at least rip off No More Heroes instead of those ugly rear end things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If any of you are doing the Winter stuff, mind hanging on to an extra Candycane Jetpack, SMG, and Steampunk Jetpack for me? Also the Reindeer, Snowman and Glowing Nose stuff from last year. I probably won't be on much during it.

I'll pay for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mentioned this in chat, but I guess people are AFK.

The CC is going to have to be delayed. I'm not at home today, so I can't get on.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's that time again. 20% off everything in the C-store, until the 31st! Well, "everything" meaning "everything except the most recently released stuff", but I'm sure most folks expect that much by now.

Also the Wind powerset/Squall archetype is out. Hooray!

Asimo fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 28, 2011

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm impressed with the Wind set - it has a bunch of tie-ins to Negative Ions and Chill, so it dovetails with Ice and Electric to create sort of a weather-themed character, if you so choose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought Tornado Flight and had 302 points left. The costume set I want costs 304. Bastards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Calendar for January is up! ... It's somewhat underwhelming.

January 2012
5th - 7th NEW ARCHETYPE: THE MOUNTAIN (C-STORE)
5th - 7th NEW POWERSET: EARTH
19th - 21st MOUNTAIN COSTUME GRAB BAG (C-STORE)
19th - 21st TOTAL WHITEOUT

Yeah, that's it. I wonder if making new powersets totally burned the tiny team out or something, or whether they'll throw more on this later. Well, on the upside at least it means the Earth set's out this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not anymore. They pushed it to the week of the 17th.

Total Whiteout is now pushed to the week of the 25th, and they've added an anniversary event (For F2P launch) to that week too.

New calender looks like this:

17-19: Mountain archetype, Earth powers, and Mountain costume grab bag.
25-27: Total Whiteout, Anniversary Event

Hopefully this is because of the holidays, and they're not just slowing down production. It's a little odd that besides Grab Bags, there's nothing to spend this month's stipend on.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
More grab bags :suicide:

Can't say I'm surprised that Cryptic did this.

Welp.

catsuit judo
Jun 4, 2010

Are grab bags a Cryptic thing or is Perfect World's influence finally creeping in? From what I've read and poked at when I was younger, all of PWE's games have that sort of 'pay small amounts of money per random item generator with lovely chances of getting anything worthwhile' gambling poo poo. And they make new ones all the time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

catsuit judo posted:

Are grab bags a Cryptic thing or is Perfect World's influence finally creeping in? From what I've read and poked at when I was younger, all of PWE's games have that sort of 'pay small amounts of money per random item generator with lovely chances of getting anything worthwhile' gambling poo poo. And they make new ones all the time.
Hard to tell without being involved in the decision making process there. It's certainly a more "effective" method of selling poo poo that a lot of worthless kMMOs use, since it's not exactly a big secret that gambling-style mechanics attract certain sorts of mindsets. And you can already see posts on their forums about people spending thirty bucks or whatever and not getting what they were looking for and etc.

But being aware that it's manipulative bullshit, there's no way I'm ever going to give them money for one (even through the stipend), and I've lost a lot of respect for Cryptic for doing it. Whether they were forced to or not.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Oh boy, there's a new build on the PTS. To sum up what's going on here:
- The Powerhouse Updates are underway. Soon everything will be white in there; you will be able to modify your costumes inside there and even have a dedicated theater for holding costume contests. Seems still in progress, though, as the 'arena' section is still under construction and the old parts of the Powerhouse are still present and unaltered.

- The costume creator and character creation got an overhaul. You can now change your character's proportions from any point in the process. Instead of being greeted with a big hex menu of classes mashed together for archtypes, they are now separated into sections based on their team role, including: "Ranged", "Tank", "Melee", "Hybrid", and "Support". Even cooler: These archtypes now have default outfits associated with them.

- The Mountain archtype is currently looking like this:
Superstats: Con/End
Level 1: Stone Shot(Basic AoE ranged attack) + Wield Earth(Combined melee/ranged energy builder)
Level 6: Tremor(Charged PBAoE attack that knocks people around.)
Level 8: Lightning Reflexes(Weirdly enough)
Level 11: Cave In(Single target ranged attack) OR Upheaval(Uppercut-like attack that's slightly stronger in melee range)
Level 14: Stone Shroud(Earth block. Doesn't seem to actually do anything special.)
Level 17: Landslide (Earth lunge with a 'stagger', a defensive debuff with little tactical application, kind of like disorient) OR Seismic Smash (A powerful lunge with a 15-second recharge, an AoE hit, and the same stagger thing.)
Level 22: Quicksand (PBAoE that sucks targets inward towards you)
Level 27: Unbreakable
Level 32: Faultline (Cylindrical smash of earth. Charged and knocks targets upwards.)
Level 40: Fissure (Summons an invisible pet that does constant and low ticks of smashing damage to things around it.)
Basically a fairly interesting tank that seems to have some sort of mixed defenses to its name? I don't know, it has a lot of mixed ranged stuff I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well, that explains what the devs are doing this month anyway.

And here I thought they were just off playing Old Republic like everyone else. :v: