Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
New Homestuck song, in preparation for the epic Lord English strife theme I plan to start some time this winter. You guys hold me to that promise, okay?

Not really a straight remix of any other Homestuck song, but rather an adaption of this which I composed as a sort of leitmotif for Lord English and reused in this. It's going to get more mileage later on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Now that they're collecting merit badges, I can't wait for someone to get the pyrokinesis badge and start burning squirrels nut creatures.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Ketzal posted:

KC Green just posted this on his Tumblr. It's amazing and also maybe a sign of a SBaHJ album.

If so it better have the movie theme song :saddowns:

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Oh my god this is beautiful all these voices are amazing and headcanon forever.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Other than Eridan being the wrong gender, this is pretty bang-on.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

haha this is cute

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I am generally not into fan voice stuff, but you can't not bust a gut at that Karkat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Supercar Gautier posted:

I am generally not into fan voice stuff, but you can't not bust a gut at that Karkat.

That was the best part of the song. I usually tend to find these fan-things annoying but that Karkat line killed me.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

That was pretty much perfect. Karkat sealed it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
FIVE FUCKASSES

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Jeez this is good.

I wasn't too keen on this at the start but it gets so much better as it progresses.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Aradia needed a voice filter and a "ribbit" somewhere. Otherwise, perfect.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
TEREZI YOU SUCK

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Wait why the hell wasn't Vriska the eighth one?

poo poo I'm bad at listening, for some reason I heard "seven spiders spinning." This is what I get for doing two things at once. Oops.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 11, 2011

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Starmaker posted:

Wait why the hell wasn't Vriska the eighth one?

Uh... she was? Who else would talk about 8 spiders spinning?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxdntwkQac

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That was a great series of updates.

Also, I like how their only interaction with Hussie(bot) is a complete and utter lack of understanding about what he is. :haw:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

"emerald lovely"

Oh hussie :swoon:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh my god, Jade's face is amazing.

\/It seems like he just figured it out.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 11, 2011

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That was interesting. It makes sense that Jade would have been able to gather some information and get a clearer picture of the situation during her brief stint as a corpse, but I wonder when John found out that the mysterious J is her "grandson"? I guess he could have been told offscreen at some point.

I do like how they have no idea what's going on between the two walls or what "the yellow yard" actually means. That's as it should be, but it's still funny.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The Wizard of Oz references are seriously reaching critical mass here. Fully someone getting crushed by falling houses and winged monkeys flinging their poop every which way right now.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
That giant Hussbot in the sky, that was amazing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't CARE if it's a tin-can-feelingless-author-bot, that will be QUITE ENOUGH self-insert there Andrew.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Think of them like phonetically spelled accents.

Also it feels like over time Homestuck has sort of developed a little theme about shedding and overcoming video game abstractions. I predict that by the time Homestuck ends all the main characters will have transcended all the video game rules that bind them to things like chatlogs, sylladexes, and the like. I think it would be a fitting ending.
Pose as a team. The world is real.

It's weird how awesome this is, just John and Jade talking to each other normally. And then there's lines like "i still felt pretty existy, but you never know." and "a lot of warp speed whooshy nonsense.", a whole pack of Wizard of Oz references and their bewildered reaction to Hussiebot being smeared across their vision. Great update.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Everyone's probably aware, but I want to point out how appropriate it is for a rifle using player to get god-powers that let you fling things around at high velocity. (Also, if she cancel velocity the way she can apparently add to it, Jade's totally The One)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Wonder who's gonna finally clue John in that his powers include more than just the windy thing.

Because I'm pretty sure Hussie was very clear that his power is over The Breeze, not wind. And The Breeze seems to be some kind of power from Skaia.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I burst out laughing hard at the Hussiebot. This was awesome, even for a self-insert.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Captain Oblivious posted:

Wonder who's gonna finally clue John in that his powers include more than just the windy thing.

Because I'm pretty sure Hussie was very clear that his power is over The Breeze, not wind. And The Breeze seems to be some kind of power from Skaia.

Wasn't there some scrap of evidence somewhere that suggests that heroes of breath have the ability to breathe life into things and bring them back from death?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Rooreelooo posted:

Wasn't there some scrap of evidence somewhere that suggests that heroes of breath have the ability to breathe life into things and bring them back from death?

Well, Tavros (Who was, what, the Page of Breath?) was going to attempt a corpsesmooch on the dying Vriska and he exhaled and the breath had the Breath pattern, so people assumed he has some sort of special Corpse Resurrection powers, but we've seen a lot of corpse-smooches since then, so it's hard to say if that was what was going on or not.

Plus, that power seems like it would be more X of Life's deal, not X of Breath.

But yeah, John could easily have some more powers we don't know about yet.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Well, Tavros (Who was, what, the Page of Breath?) was going to attempt a corpsesmooch on the dying Vriska and he exhaled and the breath had the Breath pattern, so people assumed he has some sort of special Corpse Resurrection powers, but we've seen a lot of corpse-smooches since then, so it's hard to say if that was what was going on or not.

Plus, that power seems like it would be more X of Life's deal, not X of Breath.

But yeah, John could easily have some more powers we don't know about yet.

Breath is typically the physical representation of life. That's why the Life symbol is visually linked to the Breath symbol! (I actually feel like the Life symbol should totally be some combination of the Breath and Blood symbols, but that's just me.)

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Man, just look at those dramatically different colors for Hope's design.

I believe he said that one (tshirt or hoodie, can't recall) was the color of the outfit itself, and one was the color of the hood.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
John..still hasn't realized Vriska is dead.

That's pretty sad, man.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I wonder how long it will take them to get from one window to the other. They must be experiencing some serious time dilation to have a conversation that long in the space of three nanoseconds :v:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I wonder how long it will take them to get from one window to the other. They must be experiencing some serious time dilation to have a conversation that long in the space of three nanoseconds :v:

This intermission is six months long. Buckle up, it's gonna be a long ride.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ok, I think I see where is this going. Act 6 Act 1 dealt with Jane and Jake, intermission 1 deals with John and Jade, next up we get Mom and Bro, and then another intermission with Dave, Rose, and the trolls.

After that...UU maybe?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
If anyone's gonna get crushed, my bet's on Betty Crocker.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Retiring this avatar, as I felt like something other than Homestuck for a change:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I do like how they have no idea what's going on between the two walls or what "the yellow yard" actually means. That's as it should be, but it's still funny.

I am still waiting for this to lead into a Green Mile joke. Black comedy best comedy.

Android Blues posted:

Breath is typically the physical representation of life. That's why the Life symbol is visually linked to the Breath symbol! (I actually feel like the Life symbol should totally be some combination of the Breath and Blood symbols, but that's just me.)

When John was tooling around on LOWAS, it was said that The Breeze takes things where they need to go. Given that, I'm banking on Breath being a representation of fate/destiny, which syncs up quite nicely with John's role as Heir while serving as a contrast/complement to Light (luck).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Those hope and doom hoodies look pretty nice. Can't wait for blood though. Maybe it will be available even before christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Wow, I laughed aloud at the yellow yard -> yellow brick road joke, but totally lost it at Hussbot. I love all these Wizard of Oz references.