Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Saw this pop up on my Facebooks tonight. Compares different woods for the neck and bodies with a bajillion sound clips. (Alder vs Swamp Ash, Maple vs Rosewood)

http://www.petelacis.com/2010/07/08/alder-vs-swamp-ash-maple-vs-rosewood-and-a-neck-swap-the-definitive-comparison-with-audio-clips/

I've always wondered how much of a difference the wood would make. I can barely tell the difference on any of them. For clean the rosewood and swamp ash body sounds slightly more bright, but as someone else said in the comments, you could probably bump a knob to get that difference in tone.

I'll go for weight/feel more than anything I think.

Edit: Wow that is an old link, sorry if it's been posted before. I had never seen a comparison till now.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
Timbre is different from tone. The instrument's sound is the starting point and no piece of gear down the chain will "correct" it.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Does anyone have any favorite easy acoustic songbooks? Strumming or picking styles are good, but I've mostly been strumming lately. I'm not a complete newbie to guitar, but I'm not yet intermediate either. But when I look at the "easy" books they are usually either for younger kids or sometimes just a little too hard.

Saw someone recommend JustinGuitar a few pages back, thanks! That site looks really helpful.

edit: What I'd really love is if anyone knows of any songbooks in a similar style as Paul Finley. Hell, even if it's hard I'll just work on it with my instructor.

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 9, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Parts Kit posted:

Does anyone have any favorite easy acoustic songbooks? Strumming or picking styles are good, but I've mostly been strumming lately. I'm not a complete newbie to guitar, but I'm not yet intermediate either. But when I look at the "easy" books they are usually either for younger kids or sometimes just a little too hard.

Saw someone recommend JustinGuitar a few pages back, thanks! That site looks really helpful.

edit: What I'd really love is if anyone knows of any songbooks in a similar style as Paul Finley. Hell, even if it's hard I'll just work on it with my instructor.

I'm not a massive fan of songbooks, I think I own about 5 all of them Oasis, all of them from along time ago (also all of them quite redundant these days). But if you want some then just have a look on ebay, type in an artist you like followed by songbook (or chord book) and plenty come up. Or trawl Amazon for compilations by different artists and then look on ebay.

Don't search for 'easy' as you'll just end up with all the my first guitar fisherprice stuff, which is fine if you need that, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for. Just look for normal books covering an artist or genre, then listen to the songs that are in the book and decide if they sound to mental for you or not, perhaps ask your instructor about them.

I'm not sure if you want this advice but, by far the best way to learn a song and improve your playing however, is to pick a song thats not too hard, probably a bit easier than your current level actually, sit down, listen to it, and just spend ages trying to recreate it on your guitar. Transcribing. Use the internet (or here to be honest) for help when you get really stuck on a part, but once you get that down, you don't need no stinking songbook! Its what all the cool kids do.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Parts Kit posted:

I'll add my recommendation to this guy, he's an awesome dude that gives away great free lessons.

On another note, a dream of mine is to someday build my own strat from parts that I can customize and paint/finish myself. Is this a stupid idea? Anyone recommend any sites for guides, lessons or parts?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Until you get some better advice Warmoth will probably be worth a look around

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow the custom body and neck builders they have are awesome. I just spent like an hour building a totally sweet guitar that I would want to buy now if it wasn't $1500 :(.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah Warmoth can get pretty expensive real fast. What kind of quality are you looking for?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You could always go guitar fetish if you want something around 200ish. They have kits, and build your own. Not sure of the quality, but I've seen very good things about their Xavier guitar line. I've been considering building my own when I get some after xmas money just for kicks.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm not really sure what I'm looking to spend yet but I do like what I'm seeing on those sites. I'm horrible at saving money for stuff like this, so I figure I buy a body here, some pickups there and just make a fun hobby out of it so I can leave my other guitar stock.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
This may be the wrong place for it but I was wondering what the chords Mr. Bazan was strumming during the bridge of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UamWewAV5-o&feature=related

The ones on the higher end of the neck.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Yamaha acoustics go for about $200, very good quality.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Rolo posted:

I'll add my recommendation to this guy, he's an awesome dude that gives away great free lessons.

On another note, a dream of mine is to someday build my own strat from parts that I can customize and paint/finish myself. Is this a stupid idea? Anyone recommend any sites for guides, lessons or parts?

Go here:
http://reranch.com/reranch/index.php
and here:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/
and start reading everything that interests you

TDPRI has a build competition every year that can be pretty inspiring to new builders. Start trolling eBay too there are always guitars being parted out and guys that make bodies out of different woods traditional to exotic hardwoods.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thanks for the helpful info, and man some of those $210 contest tele's are cool.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's also a good place to check out when you want to see old peoples' opinions on modern gear. Or am I thinking of a different forum dedicated to Teles? :shobon:

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Hi, I've been playing music for the majority of my life, and have been getting into guitar more recently. I've tried learning in the past, but never been that interested, but I am now. The two things I want to work on are how to solo, and music theory. Due to a history in music, I tend to take shortcuts on things because I feel as though I'm "experienced" and then end up not learning properly and I don't want this to happen. As a result I want to start from the beginning on these things, making no assumptions as to my capabilities. How should I go about doing this? Where do I go to get a good guide that will cover everything necessary?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.justinguitar.com/
Go through this, lesson by lesson by lesson. It's probably the best website for learning guitar there is.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Pretentious Turtle posted:

It's also a good place to check out when you want to see old peoples' opinions on modern gear. Or am I thinking of a different forum dedicated to Teles? :shobon:

No you're right about that. I only really pay attention to the Tele Home Depot section. It's a little more progressive then the rest of the board.

Jamz
May 12, 2007

Galoomp!

Phthisis posted:

Hi, I've been playing music for the majority of my life, and have been getting into guitar more recently. I've tried learning in the past, but never been that interested, but I am now. The two things I want to work on are how to solo, and music theory. Due to a history in music, I tend to take shortcuts on things because I feel as though I'm "experienced" and then end up not learning properly and I don't want this to happen. As a result I want to start from the beginning on these things, making no assumptions as to my capabilities. How should I go about doing this? Where do I go to get a good guide that will cover everything necessary?

The standard recommendation around here of http://www.justinguitar.com/ will do you well. It starts assuming you know nothing and takes you through all the basics onto the more advanced stuff.

Since you've been playing music a long time, I'm guessing you know all the basic nuts and bolts of music theory like how intervals, scales and the circle of fifths work? If not MusicTheory.net will cover anything you might have missed. If you've got all those sorts of basics down, then you're further ahead in theory than a lot of guitarists. From there, getting familiar enough with the fretboard to know all the notes up and down the neck is going to be the key to making maximum use of that knowledge.

For soloing, you're going to want to learn all the positions of at least the major scale and minor pentatonic scale, then maybe look at stuff like minor scales and modes. Justin's series of tutorials on blues lead guitar may also be of interest to you.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I can finger big chords fine on my acoustic, i.e. C7, B7 and so on - unfortunately on my electric I'm getting that zinging sound where an open string is hitting the flesh of an adjoining fretting fingertip. Is there anything I can do? I'm not amplifying the electric so I don't know if it'll sound like a muted string through the amp, or whether that zinging will continue through. Ideas? (btw, not a fatty, relatively small etc.)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Jamz posted:

The standard recommendation around here of http://www.justinguitar.com/ will do you well. It starts assuming you know nothing and takes you through all the basics onto the more advanced stuff.

Since you've been playing music a long time, I'm guessing you know all the basic nuts and bolts of music theory like how intervals, scales and the circle of fifths work? If not MusicTheory.net will cover anything you might have missed. If you've got all those sorts of basics down, then you're further ahead in theory than a lot of guitarists. From there, getting familiar enough with the fretboard to know all the notes up and down the neck is going to be the key to making maximum use of that knowledge.

For soloing, you're going to want to learn all the positions of at least the major scale and minor pentatonic scale, then maybe look at stuff like minor scales and modes. Justin's series of tutorials on blues lead guitar may also be of interest to you.

Thanks for those links Jamz. MusicTheory.net was exactly what I was looking for.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Southern Heel posted:

I can finger big chords fine on my acoustic, i.e. C7, B7 and so on - unfortunately on my electric I'm getting that zinging sound where an open string is hitting the flesh of an adjoining fretting fingertip. Is there anything I can do? I'm not amplifying the electric so I don't know if it'll sound like a muted string through the amp, or whether that zinging will continue through. Ideas? (btw, not a fatty, relatively small etc.)

If one of your fingers is getting in the way then you need to move it out of the way, no getting around that. You should be trying to fret with the tips of your fingers as much as possible, to get a lot of clearance. Which fingers/frets/strings are you having trouble with on each chord?

Only other thing I can think of is that with a light string gauge you might get more string excursion (wider vibrations at normal plucking volume) which might make them hit your fingers where they don't on your acoustic, but to be honest down at the lower frets the difference is probably microscopic. Your neck might not be as wide too, in which case you just have to make way for the strings

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Dorkopotamis posted:

This may be the wrong place for it but I was wondering what the chords Mr. Bazan was strumming during the bridge of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UamWewAV5-o&feature=related

The ones on the higher end of the neck.

Ok I got this I think - capo on the 3rd fret, play:

11-x-10-12-x-x
then you move the bottom part down one fret at a time and let that high note drag, best to use your pinky
10-x-9-12-x-x
9-x-8-12-x-x
8-x-7-10-x-x (the high note's moved down)
7-x-6-10-x-x
6-x-5-8-x-x (high note moves again)
E
F (or Am for the end)
I don't think he's letting any open strings ring but you could play with that, the 5th string works as a pedal tone for a lot of it

That's if you're talking about the 'tidings of comfort and joy' part, the 'Christmas whiskey' part is Am -> F -> E then Dm -> C -> F and finish by fretting:
x-11-11-x-9-0 and playing strings 5,2,4,1 over and over

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 12, 2011

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
What's a good way to practice tremolo picking (black metal style melody parts)? Currently I'm using the same approach as with any other piece: gradually increase speed using a metronome. However, tremolo picking 16th notes at let's say about 150bpm just seems to fast to reach using this method (my ears can't even follow the metronome). It seems tremolo picking at that speed is easier to practice at high speed as the picking motion/feel seems different from medium speed picking.

The problem is that I can't really practice picking the exact amount of notes I need to play that way, it becomes more about playing the notes a certain time instead of playing them an exact number of times. For the sound it doesn't seem to matter too much, it's just that I find it hard to learn to play a piece consistenly when it's always sort of an approximation of what it should be. It also makes it hard to always play at the same pace, e.g. one day I might be picking at 140 bpm and the next at 160 bpm without even noticing it.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
That already sounds perfect for black metal tremolo picking though? You might want to get a shittier guitar depending on what kind of black metal of course.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

amotea posted:

What's a good way to practice tremolo picking (black metal style melody parts)? Currently I'm using the same approach as with any other piece: gradually increase speed using a metronome. However, tremolo picking 16th notes at let's say about 150bpm just seems to fast to reach using this method (my ears can't even follow the metronome). It seems tremolo picking at that speed is easier to practice at high speed as the picking motion/feel seems different from medium speed picking.

The problem is that I can't really practice picking the exact amount of notes I need to play that way, it becomes more about playing the notes a certain time instead of playing them an exact number of times. For the sound it doesn't seem to matter too much, it's just that I find it hard to learn to play a piece consistenly when it's always sort of an approximation of what it should be. It also makes it hard to always play at the same pace, e.g. one day I might be picking at 140 bpm and the next at 160 bpm without even noticing it.

metronome is appropriate for that speed, you're probably just running up against your present "limit" when it comes to keeping pace with a tempo. If you back off just a little bit, you'll probably find that just before something becomes impossible, you start to trip up. Practicing at those tempos is literally worthless, if not actually regressive. Your body doesn't know good technique from bad, and if you practice mistakes over and over, that's what your body will learn to do.

Start way slower than you think you need to. Like 96 bpm. Practice your right hand motions, then add in the left hand with scales/arpeggio exercises, and then actual pieces of music. Always start slowly enough that you can play something accurately over and over before moving up to a challenging tempo. You have to separate the motions from the speed to get them both right.

ALL rhythm is about playing notes at the right time, even tremolo picking. After all, X number of notes played in Y amount of time equals those notes at certain times.

Tremolo picking is really not so different from regular picking, and you still need a solid foundation in regular picking to get that speed. While you use different muscles, you still need to be capable of keeping tempo at the speed. You just need to slow down a little bit and practice your rhythms at a variety of slower tempos.

I'll also add that 16ths at 150 is well above "beginner" in terms of speed, I really suggest making sure you can actually play musically at that speed, which is quite a few steps removed from playing the notes in rhythm at that speed. Real speed playing will come when you can play, not just move your hands fast.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Alright thanks. Somehow there are always people commenting on youtube vids/guitar forums that black metal is the easiest to play and even every beginner can do it. So I figured people just train to move their right hand real fast in a couple of weeks and then go at it.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

amotea posted:

Alright thanks. Somehow there are always people commenting on youtube vids/guitar forums that black metal is the easiest to play and even every beginner can do it. So I figured people just train to move their right hand real fast in a couple of weeks and then go at it.

Playing anything well is hard. Get used to it and learn to enjoy the journey, cause its a long one. Also never believe a word anyone writes on youtube. Ever. About anything. At all.

Seriously, if they say the sun will come up tomorrow, double check that poo poo.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

I'm not sure if you want this advice but, by far the best way to learn a song and improve your playing however, is to pick a song thats not too hard, probably a bit easier than your current level actually, sit down, listen to it, and just spend ages trying to recreate it on your guitar. Transcribing. Use the internet (or here to be honest) for help when you get really stuck on a part, but once you get that down, you don't need no stinking songbook! Its what all the cool kids do.
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to work that into my lessons as I can.

Does anyone have any advice for hammer ons and pull offs? I'm trying Over The Hills And Far Away and it's kicking my rear end. My hammer ons are muted and pull offs are just hard to get to ring out good without hitting the other strings.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

amotea posted:

What's a good way to practice tremolo picking (black metal style melody parts)?

My advice would be use the wrist, I've seen players tense the whole forearm and strum via the elbow and that's just painful to watch. You exert more energy than needed with the latter.

I've asked before and I'll ask again, but I'm still stuck in a rut with sweep picking. It seems like going up the sweep all of the string I pull my fingers off of always ring when I bring it up to speed. Not so much when I come down because I can easily just mute everything. The way up I can never get it clean. At this point I'm blaming my gear (Epiphone LP standard) for it's lovely humbuckers that pick up every god drat sound. I really don't know how to get this to speed and have unplayed strings be silent.

Also, is there a thread on drums or could I just ask about drums here? I can't find a thread.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Are you incorporating your right hand into the muting?

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007

Liku posted:

Also, is there a thread on drums or could I just ask about drums here? I can't find a thread.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=104&posticon=382

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Parts Kit posted:

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to work that into my lessons as I can.

Does anyone have any advice for hammer ons and pull offs? I'm trying Over The Hills And Far Away and it's kicking my rear end. My hammer ons are muted and pull offs are just hard to get to ring out good without hitting the other strings.

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TE-001-FingerGym.php

Do that a lot and your hammer ons and pull offs will be solid in no time. He also explains the correct technique for both I think, just in case you were doing them wrong.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think I really want to play an instrument again.

I did it when I was a kid, I haven't done it for something like 10 years. I used to play piano and double bass and eventually concentrated on trumpet, jazz bands and the like. I was never really good, probably stopping before I really progressed.

Anyways lots of the theory is still stuck in my head somewhere and muscle memory for stuff like the trumpet doesn't go away. Except the trumpet is a bit of a fucker, it's really loud and can only really be played for a few types of music, none of which are that popular. I went through my beret wearing days where I didn't give a gently caress and smoked cigarettes and noone understood me, but I really don't care about any of that now.

I just want to have some fun, meet some new people and have an activity that isn't drinking yourself into numbness (which is scarily what lots of people past 30 years old seem to only do).

I guess I want maximum versatility and cross-over. By that I know from experience that learning the piano means you really learn music, you can play pretty much anything else after (once you've learned the specific technique). Learning all the chords means you can later improvise properly and switch between instruments (I remember my trumpet was in b flat) more easily.

The guitar is cool and it's versatility (electric rock to classical and acoustic) is great. You can just pull one out easily somewhere while a piano is a bit harder.

Could you learn piano and guitar at the same time sorta easily? Would they really complement each other?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Yay just bought myself my first guitar. It's a Yamaha FG700S, I have read pretty good review about it before buying it, but is there any opinions on it here?

I unfortunately don't have time for classes right now because of my ridiculous schedule, but I have access to this http://www.learnandmaster.com/guitar/index.html from a friend. Opinions?

Anyway, I'm really excited and hope I stay motivated and don't end up with a nice trinket that gathers dust in the living room.

probably going to ask you guys for advices in the near future

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tony Montana posted:

I think I really want to play an instrument again.

I did it when I was a kid, I haven't done it for something like 10 years. I used to play piano and double bass and eventually concentrated on trumpet, jazz bands and the like. I was never really good, probably stopping before I really progressed.

Anyways lots of the theory is still stuck in my head somewhere and muscle memory for stuff like the trumpet doesn't go away. Except the trumpet is a bit of a fucker, it's really loud and can only really be played for a few types of music, none of which are that popular. I went through my beret wearing days where I didn't give a gently caress and smoked cigarettes and noone understood me, but I really don't care about any of that now.

I just want to have some fun, meet some new people and have an activity that isn't drinking yourself into numbness (which is scarily what lots of people past 30 years old seem to only do).

I guess I want maximum versatility and cross-over. By that I know from experience that learning the piano means you really learn music, you can play pretty much anything else after (once you've learned the specific technique). Learning all the chords means you can later improvise properly and switch between instruments (I remember my trumpet was in b flat) more easily.

The guitar is cool and it's versatility (electric rock to classical and acoustic) is great. You can just pull one out easily somewhere while a piano is a bit harder.

Could you learn piano and guitar at the same time sorta easily? Would they really complement each other?

I'd just like to say that I've been progressing on my own (bad, I know :)) in guitar for just about two years now. I started playing piano earlier this year in May and I felt that it 100% improved my understanding of not only guitar but music in general. I went from playing covers with the guys all the time to regularly coming up with new compositions on piano and guitar! In fact I keep my guitars right next to my digital piano as I practice so I can easily switch and play them off each other. It's awesome! I tend to take little breaks from one and focus on the other for a week or two and when I come back I always find I learn something new with a fresh perspective.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

KingColliwog posted:

Yay just bought myself my first guitar. It's a Yamaha FG700S, I have read pretty good review about it before buying it, but is there any opinions on it here?

I unfortunately don't have time for classes right now because of my ridiculous schedule, but I have access to this http://www.learnandmaster.com/guitar/index.html from a friend. Opinions?

I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand because I have no idea at all, but it looks comprehensive and probably worth a go for sure. Justin Guitar is kinda the go-to free lessons site on the internet, it's all structured as a progressive syllabus so you're slowly building on what you know, and the videos are great and really try to show you the details, so you get the answers to any questions that might come up. Try them both out and see which suits you more!

And Yamahas are great instruments, especially at the budget level, so no worries there

Tony Montana posted:

I haven't seriously attempted to learn both so these are more general ideas than anything, but I'd say the only downside is you're dividing your 'getting good' time between two instruments instead of one. And that's not necessarily a bad tradeoff - apart from having a bigger musical palette to play with, approaching music from different directions on different instuments will help you to understand the overall picture better. Piano's especially good, and it should encourage you to learn what notes you're playing and the theory behind it, which will help you avoid getting locked into the trap of thinking purely in terms of movable chord shapes and scale patterns when you're guitarring

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Good grief, my guitar teacher gave me the intro of Ozzy's Diary of a Madman to practice chord changes, and the third measure is an A°7 (not even sure what the hell that means at this point). I'm really having trouble with getting a clear sound on it because my fingers are all bunched together. I get a lot of interference especially on the b and e strings. Furthermore, the next measure is a diminished 6/A, and transitioning from the A°7 to the dmin6/A looks easy enough, but actually shifting index/mid/ring fingers down a fret while keeping the pinky rooted isn't.

Basically, I suck at transitions and my hand positioning really isn't where it needs to be.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

CitrusFrog posted:

Good grief, my guitar teacher gave me the intro of Ozzy's Diary of a Madman to practice chord changes, and the third measure is an A°7 (not even sure what the hell that means at this point). I'm really having trouble with getting a clear sound on it because my fingers are all bunched together. I get a lot of interference especially on the b and e strings. Furthermore, the next measure is a diminished 6/A, and transitioning from the A°7 to the dmin6/A looks easy enough, but actually shifting index/mid/ring fingers down a fret while keeping the pinky rooted isn't.

Basically, I suck at transitions and my hand positioning really isn't where it needs to be.

post them fingerings and we can help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CalvinDooglas posted:

post them fingerings and we can help

gently caress, that dmin 6/A is hurting my fingers.

code:
-----------------5---------------|-----------------5---------------
-------------4-------4-----------|-------------3-------3-----------
---------5---------------5-------|---------4---------------4-------
-----4-----------------------4---|-----3-----------------------3---
-0-------------------------------|-0-------------------------------
---------------------------------|---------------------------------