Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Haggar's thing is basically being a really bad idea to attack head on. You need to get space and put him into hit/block stun with an assist. His hitboxs, damage output, and frame advantage are all loving silly, you really don't want to mess with his buttons/specials at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Just saw Dios X flying and doing multiple air photon shots. Was this possible in Vanilla?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Hilariously he can land like 700K off an air pipe trade

There are a lot of moves that lead to combo on trade it's nothing special.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Holy poo poo Clockwork!

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
That Clockw0rk/Fanatiq set was hype as gently caress. I literally could not keep up with Clock's Strider craziness. I wish my Strider was 1/10th that good.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
After watching that match I think my tournament team will be Doom/Strider/Dante.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Niddhogg posted:

After watching that match I think my tournament team will be Doom/Strider/Dante.

Which assist for Dante? A big part of what makes clockw0rks doom/strider/ammy team work so well is that cold star assist. Not saying your team sounds bad, just saying that cold star does work for clock is all.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

NecroMonster posted:

Which assist for Dante? A big part of what makes clockw0rks doom/strider/ammy team work so well is that cold star assist. Not saying your team sounds bad, just saying that cold star does work for clock is all.

Weasel Shot which is just a ghetto cold star.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
Viscant's Wesker is absolutely amazing. God drat I need to spend more time on mixups like his.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo I don't care if Knives wins this ft5, he just owned Noel.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Haha Noel can't handle it. That match was hype as gently caress.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Oh man Bar Fights has been so loving hype. I think Combofiend vs. Marn is coming up next. And then Jago vs. Mike "Mike Ross" Ross. UMvC3 is quickly becoming WWE with all the crazy rivalries and stuff.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Part of me is worried the stream has been disrupted because of Noel getting in a fistfight.

Another part of me hopes it was.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Chacmool posted:

Haha Noel can't handle it. That match was hype as gently caress.

Noel's face after the perfect was, well, perfect.

That was extremely fun to watch and Noel trying to save face after the match by saying "That wasn't a tournament match so it doesn't count" is hilarious considering he just lost $100.

Also Spooky's ideas of making fighting game events more like pro wrestling events has definitely been noted. We have people cutting pre-match and post-match promos, we have rivalries forming, replays, and commentating that has elements of pro wrestling style storytelling in terms of player histories and rivalries. This is awesome and as a life-long pro wrestling fan I fully approve of this shift in style.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

apophenium posted:

Oh man Bar Fights has been so loving hype. I think Combofiend vs. Marn is coming up next. And then Jago vs. Mike "Mike Ross" Ross. UMvC3 is quickly becoming WWE with all the crazy rivalries and stuff.

Can't wait for UMvC3 to get contract signings

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Gonna need a gif of Knives and the crowd with Noel sitting there with a stoney expression on his face.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Metrohunter posted:

Gonna need a gif of Knives and the crowd with Noel sitting there with a stoney expression on his face.
Someone posted a still in the Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter thread, hopefully this is good enough in the meantime :)

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

The Rokstar posted:

Someone posted a still in the Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter thread, hopefully this is good enough in the meantime :)

I am so tempted to make a new avatar out of that but I have no idea what text I would use. Then again maybe Noel's expression will stand on its own.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Chocolate America posted:

I am so tempted to make a new avatar out of that but I have no idea what text I would use. Then again maybe Noel's expression will stand on its own.

Just keep the same text and use his face. It works.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

YOURFRIEND posted:

Just keep the same text and use his face. It works.

ahahahahaha that's a great idea.

Marn/Fiend was way less hype than it should've been. I hate 5-0s.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I don't care that Justin Wong got a perfect with Iron Fist, he admits he's low tier and lovely so I won't ever touch him ever again.

training mode doesn't count don't look at me

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Mike... No...

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Mike Ross is a fraud. I believed :smith:

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I love fighting game drama. :allears:

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Seizure Robot posted:

He really is and I'm glad he got exposed but at the same time Jago is still an insufferable poo poo talking rear end in a top hat who wouldn't play Combofiend afterwards because he didn't wanna get swept the way he swept Mike.

Also I really hope they set up Jago/Combofiend for the next Bar Fights. The crowd wants to see it and a cliffhanger sort of ending here would be perfect for building hype for a big match like that.

I hope Spooky is taking notes on this and keeping these pro wrestling ideas in mind. All this drama can really build into something people will pay to see. Especially if they could get all the old footage of the events they're talking about instead of just describing them. Footage of the first Marn/Combofiend comeback and footage of Jago's appearance on CCL would've been great to put on stream for people to see.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does Mike even seriously say he's good at the game? All I see on CCLive and Adventures is him and Gootecks just loving around and being bad.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Seizure Robot posted:

Mike Ross just tries too hard to outplay people, like a win only counts if it involves perfectly-timed unblockables and clever setups. He just needs to land his poo poo and take the opportunities that are there, and he'd be good.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why should he get forced into a random game just so all the butmad socal players can feel better when he inevitably loses?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

darealkooky posted:

why should he get forced into a random game just so all the butmad socal players can feel better when he inevitably loses?

This is actually a good thing because now Jago has admitted that he's not on Combofiend's level and he can train up for a match down the road. Giving people Combo/Jago tonight would be a total unhype letdown and now they have the opportunity to build up a big money match between Combo and Jago in the future. That's how they do it in the wrestling business and it works. People will be way more hype for Combo/Jago a week or a month from now than they will be tonight.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there an archive anywhere?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there an archive anywhere?

It just ended literally seconds ago so no.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Good effort by Knives at least. I was real hype at 3-3.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
Chris/MODOK/Dorm seems to be shaping up nicely. :) However, as I suspected, I'm having a little trouble stuffing teleporters with Chris; suggestions?

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

darealkooky posted:

no you don't understand east coast vs west coast is important because

Jokes aside, I personally didn't like how WWE everything was tonight. I was very turned-off by all the dramatics and "honor" and defense therof. Then again I seem to be afflicted with a chronic case of being wrong so v:shobon:v

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Who is the Steve Austin of Fighting game players?

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Hey Doctor Doom's S foot dive is a pretty cool move, but I can't figure out how to follow it up. Any help?

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

FauxCyclops posted:

Chris/MODOK/Dorm seems to be shaping up nicely. :) However, as I suspected, I'm having a little trouble stuffing teleporters with Chris; suggestions?

Which assists are you using? If Dorm is on Dark Hole and you can predict the teleport you can call him and then dash forward or backward and try to catch them in it.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Kikka posted:

Hey Doctor Doom's S foot dive is a pretty cool move, but I can't figure out how to follow it up. Any help?

His standing H hits OTG so if you are midscreen, airdash, fall and s.H, S do air combo. If you are in the corner, you can just fall, s.H, S do air combo.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Who is the Steve Austin of Fighting game players?

Poongko.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Lord Chumley posted:

Poongko.

Does this mean Daigo is The Rock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.

Micgael posted:

Which assists are you using? If Dorm is on Dark Hole and you can predict the teleport you can call him and then dash forward or backward and try to catch them in it.

Modok - psionic blaster and Dorm - purification L. Purification stuffs forward advances and gives me a bit of time to work with but neither assist is particularly good at getting rid of, say, Dantes.

• Locked thread