Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any good apps for viewing just photos on Tumblr, like a gallery just for photo posts? I know iPhone has imgTumble, which seems like it works OK, but I haven't seen anything similar for Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
So, I bought Asphalt 6 HD but the game doesn't start. It shows the intro video and then exits. Is anyone having the same problem? I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

edit: uninstalled the game and deleted all the data, reinstalled and it works!

Polidoro fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 10, 2011

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

One of the 10c apps is pano, a pretty good panoramic camera app. If your stock camera doesn't do panoramic, it's worth picking up.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

dissss posted:

Wow Game Devon Story is incredibly addictive.

Holy gently caress that game, uninstalling it, because it gave me the worst case of "One More Turn" that I've had in years.

sizerp
Dec 3, 2003
t3h pwn

Lprsti99 posted:

Holy gently caress that game, uninstalling it, because it gave me the worst case of "One More Turn" that I've had in years.

Two nights in a row I started poking around in it at 9pm and had to pry my self away near midnight to go to bed. Ouch.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Skeezy posted:

You should go ahead and just get Plume. That's what I went back to after the initial shine of the new Twitter went away. They just released version 2.80 and here's the changelog for that again:

• Add TweetMarker support to save/restore your reading position across multiple devices (off by default)

That was enough for me to try it out for about 5 minutes and decide to buy it. I've been waiting for that feature to be released ever since I got my Evo4G

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
I've gone from having about 2 games on my phone to about 12-15 with this promotion. Insane. If you haven't gotten Apparatus yet I highly recommend it. A great puzzle game.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

sizerp posted:

Two nights in a row I started poking around in it at 9pm and had to pry my self away near midnight to go to bed. Ouch.

I didn't sleep last night :qq:

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
Today's $.10 apps have been been posted and there are two repeats:

Endomondo Sports Tracker PRO
Great Little War Game

New apps:

SimCity Deluxe
Backbreaker Football
Raging Thunder
BackStab HD
Captain America
Jenga
NFL 3D Live Wallpaper Unlocked
Just Me and My Mom

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
For what it's worth, I think Grand Prix Story (also by Kairosoft) is even better. Rather than a game development studio, you're running a car race team. It's wonderful.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Not that I'm complaining since they are a dime, but what's with the recycled apps? I thought it was 10 days of 10 apps for 10 cents. Math tells me that's 100 apps, not 92 or something...

I'm thankful and all, just sayin'.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
So far, the trends of this sale per day seem to be one game by EA, one children's book, one live wallpaper, and one racing game. Am I missing any?

It'd be nice to see Splashtop HD go on sale.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So far, the trends of this sale per day seem to be one game by EA, one children's book, one live wallpaper, and one racing game. Am I missing any?

It'd be nice to see Splashtop HD go on sale.

That'd be nice. I used the free phone version in getjar and it ran better on my touchpad than the WebOS version ever did.

Too many game apps, lack of utility apps tbqh. Maybe I got spoiled on the first day.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Kind of a strange question here, but I have an old Hero and the audio amp/DAC has pretty rolled off bass. Is there an app out there that will stream digital out from a music player like winamp through the usb so I can run that through a separate usb DAC?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

halokiller posted:

Too many game apps, lack of utility apps tbqh.

I feel this way too but games sell hardware and Android has had some catching up to do.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
I'd rather have more utility apps too, but some of these games are amazing. I had no idea they could be so fun, and GLWG is an unbelievable value at 10 cents. Some others don't have as much replay value but are still worth the money. Then there's some games like (IMO, of course) "official" tetris and wallpapers, where I just have to think why bother.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Anyone have any experience with SPB Shell 3D? It looks like a pretty intuitive launcher, but also like I could happily faff around with it for hours. Worth the money, or no?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Retarded Pimp posted:

Kind of a strange question here, but I have an old Hero and the audio amp/DAC has pretty rolled off bass. Is there an app out there that will stream digital out from a music player like winamp through the usb so I can run that through a separate usb DAC?

I used to have the Droid Eris (Verizon's rebranded Hero), and I'm pretty sure the audio line in the HTC extUSB connector is from the same source as the headphone jack. I'm not aware of any other way to stream audio from it, except putting it in mass storage mode but that would only work for MP3s and such.

The USB is client-only, too. They didn't add host mode until 2.3, which the Hero will never fully support.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 11, 2011

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK
What are some nice and clean / minimalist GO SMS themes? I am running with my own colors right now but I'm curious to see what's out there for non-lovely ones. Paid is fine if it's worth it.

Same question for GO Launcher, actually. I've been using Matted Oranges with the FineLine orange MIUI theme and the two go well together but it still feels lacking somehow.

I'm also glad to see SwiftKey is updating regularly again, though they still haven't provided a way to see / edit all learned words, and disabling the voice key still leaves it on the keyboard as a non-functioning key. Those are my only remaining complaints about the keyboard I have. It'd be perfect otherwise, though having more user settings would be good too.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'm using a pretend ICS theme for Go Launcher https://market.android.com/details?id=kov.theme.ics . Looks nice and clean and functions well.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Is there a way to remove the gray square behind icon text on ADW EX?

Edit: Of course I find the option after searching for an hour and posting about it. Its under "Fancy Icons" settings.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 12, 2011

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
So I've been trying out various TTS apps for use with Speaktoit, FBReader, etc. and I was just wondering what do most people here use for TTS?

So far my favorite is Ivona. Getting the voices installed is a little tricky, but its not bad considering they are all in free beta right now (can test the voices out at http://www.ivona.com/en/ ). I also have Svox Grace, which is a step above Pico (not saying much). Anyone here used Loquendo? How does it compare to Ivona?

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
Today's $0.10 Apps (Day 7):

Nothing really interesting today. As usual, some repeats and a lot of games.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Beautiful Widgets is a good repeat, though, I have friends who are mad as hell they missed it the first time, and I'm harping on them to nab it this time. :)

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, I'd love to see tasker show up.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Came to check the thread to find out if the promotion had ended early. Why is the banner gone (on the phone Market)? Now I don't have a convenient place to buy each one. :ohdear:

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
^ The banner is still there for me, it just hasn't been updated yet today and show's yesterday's apps.

Is anyone else having trouble buying Doodle Jump? I was able to purchase all the other apps today with no problem but that one gives me the error below after trying to accept the $.10 charge.

quote:

We are unable to process your payment and complete this purchase. Please contact Google Checkout support here.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Splizwarf posted:

Came to check the thread to find out if the promotion had ended early. Why is the banner gone (on the phone Market)? Now I don't have a convenient place to buy each one. :ohdear:

Three posts up from yours.

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Is anyone else having trouble buying Doodle Jump? I was able to purchase all the other apps today with no problem but that one gives me the error below after trying to accept the $.10 charge.

quote:

We are unable to process your payment and complete this purchase. Please contact Google Checkout support here.
I got this with one of them. Just wait a few minutes and try again.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, but it's a little easier to deal with it from my phone at work. :)

Especially since there's still no dang shopping cart. This would have been a good debut for a cart system.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Screw these games! Put some useful or neat tools and utilities up.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I got this with one of them. Just wait a few minutes and try again.
[/quote]

Yeah it eventually went through, thanks.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Friendcaster for my tablet was working ok, but recently has started just sucking (specifically it doesn't update status stuff or anthing). Any recommendations on a better tablet optimized facebook app?

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm using Go Locker for an ICS-style lock screen. However, maybe 20% of the time I unlock my phone the normal lock screen comes up first, then Go Locker after I do the normal slide unlock. I'm running a beta AOSP-based ROM that unfortunately doesn't have the option to disable lock screen. Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue, besides just giving up my nice looking lock screen?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Ciabatta posted:

I'm using Go Locker for an ICS-style lock screen. However, maybe 20% of the time I unlock my phone the normal lock screen comes up first, then Go Locker after I do the normal slide unlock. I'm running a beta AOSP-based ROM that unfortunately doesn't have the option to disable lock screen. Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue, besides just giving up my nice looking lock screen?

WidgetLocker. The new default style is an ICS-alike and it's far nicer than Go Locker ever was for me.

*EDIT* Sorry if that seemed dismissive. Go Locker has never worked terribly smoothly for me, and I just assume that weird things like that are the fault of the app, since it seemed pretty janky when I used it. I picked up WidgetLocker and it did exactly what I wanted it to do (be an ICS style lock screen) and more.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Widhetlocker consistently slows my phone way down after about a week or two of use. I love the options it offers but I notice much improved performance after I uninstall it.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Codiusprime posted:

Widhetlocker consistently slows my phone way down after about a week or two of use. I love the options it offers but I notice much improved performance after I uninstall it.

I felt the exact same when I had it installed. (Xperia Arc, stock ROM)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The ics locker on widget locker started to wander over the scream for me. Quite annoying so I switched to 4 sliders instead.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

sleepwalkers posted:

WidgetLocker. The new default style is an ICS-alike and it's far nicer than Go Locker ever was for me.

*EDIT* Sorry if that seemed dismissive. Go Locker has never worked terribly smoothly for me, and I just assume that weird things like that are the fault of the app, since it seemed pretty janky when I used it. I picked up WidgetLocker and it did exactly what I wanted it to do (be an ICS style lock screen) and more.

The main reason I don't really want to try WidgetLocker is because the AOSP lockscreen is mostly good enough for me, so free is about the most I'll pay for a replacement, at least for now. I also wasn't sure if WidgetLocker would have the same problem, as it might be a weird setting or bug in the ROM, right?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kyrosiris posted:

Beautiful Widgets is a good repeat, though, I have friends who are mad as hell they missed it the first time, and I'm harping on them to nab it this time. :)

Yeah, I missed it the first time around so I'm pretty happy it's back.

foodfight posted:

Yeah, I'd love to see tasker show up.

I would kill for Tasker and Widgetlocker to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

IRQ posted:

I would kill for Tasker and Widgetlocker to show up.

You would kill to save :10bux:? I would have gotten Widgetlocker by now but not sure if I want it since it's kind of a hack job and apparently pretty buggy. I'm sure it will work fine until I want to show someone how cool my phone is and then it will blow the gently caress up.

• Locked thread