Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

EQ30 Zetterberg 75 flex broke in one game (lol) by cracking at the heel. Send in warranty claim and don't get anything back. So I wait over a week and check in -- they ship from Utah so even with Christmas it should be here by now.

"Well it was approved for replacement, however we won't have an EQ30s in 75 flex until April. Do you want an 85 flex?"

"Well, the point of me getting this stick was to try the 75 flex, I'd like to keep that flex"

"Ok we'll send you an EQ50 grip 75 flex instead."

209 dollar stick in exchange for a 59.99 EQ30 stick + ground shipping for the replacement. No managers to call, guy on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and was empowered to dispatch the correct stick. That's how you handle customer service. Thanks Easton!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Counterpoint: Is a $209 stick that will be marked down 50% in a little over a year really worth it?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Gio posted:

Counterpoint: Is a $209 stick that will be marked down 50% in a little over a year really worth it?
It is when you still only paid $60 for it.

I may try out my 75 flex S19 tonight, but cause I've been scoring I think I may stick with my 85 flex S13 to try to keep my streak going.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
Wow that is incredible customer service. I haven't tried my EQ30 yet but I should in a couple of weeks. For science!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just realized that last night's game was our only game until January :(

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

real_scud posted:

It is when you still only paid $60 for it.

I should have fetched earlier posts. My mistake.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

sellouts posted:

EQ30 Zetterberg 75 flex broke in one game (lol) by cracking at the heel. Send in warranty claim and don't get anything back. So I wait over a week and check in -- they ship from Utah so even with Christmas it should be here by now.

"Well it was approved for replacement, however we won't have an EQ30s in 75 flex until April. Do you want an 85 flex?"

"Well, the point of me getting this stick was to try the 75 flex, I'd like to keep that flex"

"Ok we'll send you an EQ50 grip 75 flex instead."

209 dollar stick in exchange for a 59.99 EQ30 stick + ground shipping for the replacement. No managers to call, guy on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and was empowered to dispatch the correct stick. That's how you handle customer service. Thanks Easton!

This is the kind of thing that really promotes brand loyalty. I love hearing stories like this.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

WouldDesk posted:

Also "tucks in jersey"

The back of my jersey tucks into my pants. It's the same as how Malkin has his jersey. I don't mind it, but I've had refs ask me what my number was because they couldn't read it properly.

Oh, and last night I scored probably my best beer league goal yet. I blocked a clearing attempt, passed it to the D, who returned the puck and skated right in front of me, I waited a half second, fired and beat the goalie top shelf blocker side. I'm actually starting to feel a bit more confident in my game these days. Just feeling good out there on the skates, not exhausted and spent by the third period.

trilljester fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 12, 2011

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I got a mirrored visor, yellow laces, a purple helmet and bright pink gloves. And I tuck in my jersey on one side (but this is because my arm gets caught in it if I don't).

Sup? :smug:

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 12, 2011

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

If serious, you are most definitely "that guy".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Topoisomerase posted:

I got a mirrored visor, yellow laces and bright pink gloves. And I tuck in my jersey on one side (but this is because my arm gets caught in it if I don't).

Sup? :smug:

I question your dedication to your cause.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
^^^yeah those are absolutely atrocious

Gio posted:

If serious, you are most definitely "that guy". girl"

I don't wear the visor in the co-ed league, only in the women's league, practices and roller. Definitely have a cage for the co-ed league because them dudes ain't controllin their sticks real well and I'm pretty short so it is barely even a high stick to hit me in the face. But serious on the rest of it. I like colors =/

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 12, 2011

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Topoisomerase posted:

I don't wear the visor in the co-ed league, only in the women's league, practices and roller. Definitely have a cage for the co-ed league because them dudes ain't controllin their sticks real well and I'm pretty short so it is barely even a high stick to hit me in the face. But serious on the rest of it. I like colors =/
I think on their own they might be fine, but the combination of all of them really makes it a bit overboard. :colbert:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Gio posted:

I think on their own they might be fine, but the combination of all of them really makes it a bit overboard. :colbert:

You're probably right. The pink laces looked way better. But they weren't waxed and I like them waxed. :downs:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
And for posterity what occurred immediately after that moment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

One of the guys brought his 4 year old kid to the pick-up game this weekend and we skated 5.5-on-5. The kid had as many shots on goal as I did....

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Well, it turns out I got a bench minor for explaining what interference was to the ref this weekend. Seriously, you look at the game differently once you're a coach.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

You're probably right. The pink laces looked way better. But they weren't waxed and I like them waxed. :downs:

Needs pink stick tape for the trifecta.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Up 1-0 almost the whole game. I take a shot from one of the circles, the puck gets stuck IN the goalie's leg pad, she falls backward, her leg goes into the net completely over the line. About 5 seconds later, the whistle is blown, the ref indicates a goal, but then changes it to no goal, even though the puck falls out of her leg pad as she stands up. The one that was just in the goddamn net.

Oh hey, I may as well just empty quote this because it happened again this week. Puck in goalie pads, goalie in net, then whistle. No goal. Same ref too. I swear this guy has a raging boner for, well... boning us.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Gio posted:

Tinted visors are just silly, steezy outfit or not. Though the fairer sex get a pass on things like pink hockey accoutrements.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 12, 2011

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I honestly loved my blue visor, more clarity.

I'm using a smoked visor now, but its a very light tint, we play in a really bright arena.

I also own a mirrored visor but I havent used it it years (bought it for outdoor roller hockey)

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Dangerllama posted:

Tinted visors are just silly, steezy outfit or not. Though the fairer sex get a pass on things like pink hockey accoutrements.

At a drop in game, I was sitting next to a guy on the bench with pink stick and blade tape. I had skated with this guy before and I knew he was pretty good. The random guy next to him opened his mouth and started to chirp him about the pink saying only fags and girls should be allowed to use pink tape.

"My mom died of breast cancer and it was for a BC benefit game"

:stare:

Words couldn't describe the degree of that verbal bitch slapping. The bench got really quiet with the occasional chuckle and under the breath "douchebag"s

EDIT

Im not certain the story was true or not but the delivery was pretty sincere. Also not the kind of guy who would rock pink for no reason. Either way, hopefully it taught the dude a lesson.

Verman fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 12, 2011

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Haha, what a douche. Wonder if that was the truth or if he made it up on the fly. Either way the guy chirping is a douche.

Also, that blue visor...it's gotta go.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Awesome Animals posted:

Well, it turns out I got a bench minor for explaining what interference was to the ref this weekend. Seriously, you look at the game differently once you're a coach.

You look at it differently when you're a ref too. No joke. It's not as easy as it looks, guys.

Needs pink stick tape for the trifecta.

I use it on sportcourt for roller, but on ice I use friction tape and always have and always will. :colbert:

My trifecta at the time was that my hair was bright pink and matched the gloves and laces. :D

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 13, 2011

gigabitnokie
Dec 2, 2008
Hey Gio is it worse to be the guy who gives a poo poo about other peoples equipment or to be the guy that makes an equipment change because a dude on the internet said so?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

gigabitnokie posted:

Hey Gio is it worse to be the guy who gives a poo poo about other peoples equipment or to be the guy that makes an equipment change because a dude on the internet said so?

Or is it worse to be the white knight when someone's getting ribbed a little?

In truth, no one here gives a poo poo what you wear on the ice.

Except tinted visors. Those look silly

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Visors in general are silly because of the protection issue. Without a "money is no object" level of insurance that pro players get, wearing anything other than a full cage is begging for trouble.

gigabitnokie
Dec 2, 2008

Dangerllama posted:

Or is it worse to be the white knight when someone's getting ribbed a little?

What did you just do? :psyduck:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Visors in general are silly because of the protection issue. Without a "money is no object" level of insurance that pro players get, wearing anything other than a full cage is begging for trouble.

Saw a guy's nose literally spurt blood on Friday from taking a puck to to the face (he was wearing a visor). Amazingly it didn't appear to be broken, but he was going to need at least a dozen stitches. There was blood all over the neutral zone.

Alas, I figure everyone over 18 can make their own decisions about risk-tolerance. But I'm ugly enough without facial injuries so I rock a cage.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

I use it on sportcourt for roller, but on ice I use friction tape and always have and always will. :colbert:

My trifecta at the time was that my hair was bright pink and matched the gloves and laces. :D

Still, could have had a... quadfecta! That's an immediate 0.5 point/game boost as well as +5 to skating speed.

I only get +3 to skating speed for matching jersey, gloves and stick tape:

Although I guess you could make the argument that broken TotalOne also matches, giving me the quadfecta as well.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 13, 2011

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Still, could have had a... quadfecta! That's an immediate 0.5 point/game boost as well as +5 to skating speed.

I only get +3 to skating speed for matching jersey, gloves and stick tape:

Although I guess you could make the argument that broken TotalOne also matches, giving me the quadfecta as well.

That's a good-looking jersey.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

gigabitnokie posted:

I think you're taking me a little bit too seriously, dude. I don't really care what people wear, I'm just bullshitting.

i agree tho tinted visors are stupid

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Thufir posted:

That's a good-looking jersey.

And a terrible looking tape job

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I bought the Laura Stamm book, and according to the first four chapters I'm doing absolutely everything wrong! :thumbsup:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I thought it wasn't possible to be 'that guy' unless you wore sweatpants instead of hockey socks or whatever.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Topoisomerase posted:

You look at it differently when you're a ref too. No joke. It's not as easy as it looks, guys.

I hated reffing when I did it. There were too many cases of calls that could be made that maybe shouldn't be. Too many situations where I either set the precedence to call everything or little. So much goes on in a game. Plus, breaking up fights isn't much fun. I didn't ref for too long.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

Doctor Butts posted:

I thought it wasn't possible to be 'that guy' unless you wore sweatpants instead of hockey socks or whatever.

Opposite end of the spectrum, but yes, both count as "that guy".

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy is the guy who wears inline pants on the ice.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 13, 2011

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Of course it figures the one game where I explode for tons of offense, 2g 2a, the goddamned rink hasn't actually published things to Pointstreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So basically anyone who breaks the mold gets ridiculed. :colbert: