Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Cliche Guevara posted:

Let me be clear: I am one of the biggest fans of ETM. Ever. I'm not even trying to be cute - when the goon who put those clip packs of him from 2002-2009 on Scriptcover, I downloaded them all and must've played them at least a hundred times. No joke. Everywhere I went, I listened to his calls.

He's like a magnet, I'm stuck on him.

I actually was wanting to send him a fan e-mail, for real, and to possibly inquire about getting one of those "Fly Me With Balloons" t-shirts Langford mentioned as a blurb years back...

Anyone, feel free to PM me on here if you know how to reach him.

Gotcha, I just like to remind people to keep a distance in these hate/love/love to hate threads, so we don't end up doing anything illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Smeep posted:

Haha, of course he likes the girl who plays Deb on Dexter: she weight about 8 pounds and has the frame of wispy teenage boy (not unlike Howie himself).

What are you, 5'8 and 84 pounds, that's perfect. Not like all those fat women on dancing with the stars.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Spacemonkey57 posted:

What are you, 5'8 and 84 pounds, that's perfect. Not like all those fat women on dancing with the stars.

140 pounds? You must be Precious

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Smeep posted:

Haha, of course he likes the girl who plays Deb on Dexter: she weight about 8 pounds and has the frame of wispy teenage boy (not unlike Howie himself).

Deb also looks like Vince from the Mighty Boosh.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

This has to be some attempt at being "viral" or doin gsomething shocking enough so he can talk about his girl.

This Elisa girl is Frankenstein-ing Benjy into some hipster fuckhole.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kabz posted:

This has to be some attempt at being "viral" or doin gsomething shocking enough so he can talk about his girl.

This Elisa girl is Frankenstein-ing Benjy into some hipster fuckhole.

Benjy knows what he is doing. No pussy in the world would do this

to a grown rear end man in his 40s.

He looks like a photoshop disaster.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

It's like Jared Leto put on weight or 20 years after Requiem for a Dream

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
If you guys were thinking of getting me a Christmas present I'd definitely love some arm warmers

Sleeves? Feh.

sedative fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 13, 2011

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Haw, looks like Mutt really did shut down SFN, at least for the time being.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

sedative posted:

If you guys were thinking of getting me a Christmas present I'd definitely love some arm warmers

Sleeves? Feh.

Finally Beth looking as good as people on the show always go on about. Use a professional photographer, get professional results. No joker smiles, no harsh lights, no (visable) photoshop. She seriously looks fantastic.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Haw, looks like Mutt really did shut down SFN, at least for the time being.

Wait, what? What's the reasoning? (I'm usually a week behind on shows)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Wait, what? What's the reasoning? (I'm usually a week behind on shows)

I have no idea what happened; normally, I'd go to SFN to find out.

Edit: Apparently ETM was on the phone with Howard, and they both agreed that they wanted SFN shut down, so Mutt shut it down. At least one of the SFN mods seems to have been taken completely unaware.

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 13, 2011

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Sort of looks like it was hacked if you ask me.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Eric didn't want to say what he's being paid for that tv show because someone from SFN would tell SSI and get him in trouble again. That led to Howard complaining about SFN being terrible, hating Howard, hating Beth, hating the show, etc and saying it should be shut down.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Finally Beth looking as good as people on the show always go on about. Use a professional photographer, get professional results. No joker smiles, no harsh lights, no (visable) photoshop. She seriously looks fantastic.

Howard was the photographer :ssh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sedative posted:

Eric didn't want to say what he's being paid for that tv show because someone from SFN would tell SSI and get him in trouble again. That led to Howard complaining about SFN being terrible, hating Howard, hating Beth, hating the show, etc and saying it should be shut down.

Howard's bitched and whined about SFN before. Maybe Mutt got really drunk and did something stupid.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

sedative posted:

Howard was the photographer :ssh:

Holy poo poo. I take it all back, sorry Howard.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Holy poo poo. I take it all back, sorry Howard.

I'm still skeptical. It's more like Stern paid someone off to do a photoshoot and gave a little extra so he could take credit for it. Not to mention he probably did the fashion for it since it looks like something someone would wear in the late '80s.

Edit: wait, couldn't someone just report Eric the Midget to SSI anyway? Midget has admitted that he's working and is purposely trying to defraud SSI. You don't really need a money amount since it's public knowledge that he's working.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 13, 2011

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bitches get cold wrists. *shrug*

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Either someone else did the post-work on those, or Howard did the calendar shots while blindfolded, because the difference is night and day.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

bisticles posted:

Either someone else did the post-work on those, or Howard did the calendar shots while blindfolded, because the difference is night and day.

It's not Howard. The only reason we're seeing these pics is to soothe his ego after his lovely calendar got laughed at on SFN.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

bisticles posted:

Or maybe Howard hosed up the calender on purpose so nobody would ask him to do anymore dumb animal poo poo for charity and he can go back to taking pictures of his wife.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Or maybe Howard hosed up the calender on purpose so nobody would ask him to do anymore dumb animal poo poo for charity and he can go back to taking pictures of his wife.

That said, the calendar fuckup didn't really illicit any response, did it? Outside of SFN, maybe one or two webpages picked it up. If this happened in the '90s, it would have made Howard a laughingstock. Instead, people just didn't give a drat. I wonder how Howard feels about that. It's one thing to gently caress up in your own circles, but to be a celebrity that can't even get attention at all...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That said, the calendar fuckup didn't really illicit any response, did it? Outside of SFN, maybe one or two webpages picked it up. If this happened in the '90s, it would have made Howard a laughingstock. Instead, people just didn't give a drat. I wonder how Howard feels about that. It's one thing to gently caress up in your own circles, but to be a celebrity that can't even get attention at all...

I would be surprised if Howard was aware of any of the specific criticisms of his photos. I'm sure his thick defensive layer of yes-men was careful to simplify it to "SFN hates you again, boff".

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Between the calendar photos and his arguing with Ralph about needing the EXACT size of the photo for Ralph's iPad app, it is safe to say that if Howard took those photos then all he did was take the photo. As in, hit the button on the camera once everyone else was done lighting it, etc.

prefect posted:

I would be surprised if Howard was aware of any of the specific criticisms of his photos. I'm sure his thick defensive layer of yes-men was careful to simplify it to "SFN hates you again, boff".

I wonder though...I am pretty sure someone on SFN ran a Google News alert for Howard when this hit the "news" and several articles came up about the terrible photos and crappy Photoshop.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I wonder though...I am pretty sure someone on SFN ran a Google News alert for Howard when this hit the "news" and several articles came up about the terrible photos and crappy Photoshop.

I'm sure Howard has somebody assigned to reading his Google News alerts and passing along the important ones (while discarding the ones that would upset boff).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

prefect posted:

I'm sure Howard has somebody assigned to reading his Google News alerts and passing along the important ones (while discarding the ones that would upset boff).

I hadn't taken into account that he probably doesn't actually read his own Google alerts. That said, you probably 100% correct!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I can't believe Mutt closed SFN.

Today is a good day.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I hadn't taken into account that he probably doesn't actually read his own Google alerts. That said, you probably 100% correct!

We're talking about a guy who has his own personal weatherman. You don't think he soils his delicate hands with unfiltered information, do you? :)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

prefect posted:

We're talking about a guy who has his own personal weatherman. You don't think he soils his delicate hands with unfiltered information, do you? :)

He also has his emails printed out and handed to him. And any mail has to be photocopied before he reads it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Brocktoon posted:

And any mail has to be photocopied before he reads it.

Seeing his listeners, this makes perfect sense. I wouldn't take anything from High Pitch that wasn't boiled and sealed air tight.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

Seeing his listeners, this makes perfect sense. I wouldn't take anything from High Pitch that wasn't boiled and sealed air tight.

Greatest High Pitch moment ever was KC chasing him around with a fish. So good. :allears:

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Today is a good day.

The sad thing is, some of those fans with photoshop talent were pretty funny.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
SFN had some great photoshoppers. I think that site was mainly funny people goofing on Howard, just the loons (like always) stood out more and became the focus. I'll miss having it to check out "fan" reactions besides this thread.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Today is a good day.

How the gently caress am I supposed to keep tabs on what Zolar is up to now?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I really haven't been listening lately because the show has been quite boring when I have tuned in, so I'm out of the loop a little. So, Mutt closed SFN (for whatever reason), is it shut down permanently?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mike Tahoe posted:

Poor Beet looks like a monster in that photo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I'll miss having it to check out "fan" reactions besides this thread.

I'm sure another forum will pop up soon enough.

Like a poisonous mushroom after a foul rain.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Vakal posted:

I'm sure another forum will pop up soon enough.

Like a poisonous mushroom after a foul rain.

https://www.sternfansnetwork.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The sad thing is, some of those fans with photoshop talent were pretty funny.

This is very true, but outside of that it was quite the cesspool.