Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Jack is not a very good fighter. When he's won fights before, it was either by trickery, completely overpowering his opponent, or general shenanigans. Now he's starting down someone who has every bit of power he has, and is a good fighter. His thoughts right now are probably along the lines of "OH HOLKY gently caress".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Jack is not a very good fighter. When he's won fights before, it was either by trickery, completely overpowering his opponent, or general shenanigans. Now he's starting down someone who has every bit of power he has, and is a good fighter. His thoughts right now are probably along the lines of "OH HOLKY gently caress".

Eh, he fought Bro to a standstill pre-Bec.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Serenity is gonna pull some poo poo.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

King of Solomon posted:

Eh, he fought Bro to a standstill pre-Bec.

He was still 3-tier prototyped, and the each prototyping apparently makes you a lot more powerful, even if being merged with a doll, cat and dead bird wouldn't seem like it'd do much. I seem to recall Hussie mentioned that Jack could take out Doc Scratch fairly easily.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think Jack is a slouch overall, though. Look at what Spades Slick was able to do against The Felt who have all kinds of crazy time travel powers.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think Jack is a slouch overall, though. Look at what Spades Slick was able to do against The Felt who have all kinds of crazy time travel powers.

Well The Felt are idiots.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The question you should be asking in any fight in Homestuck is: which side is Cal on? Because he is pretty much the deciding factor. Now, Cal isn't in this fight and WV doesn't look like he has the wherewithal to flop around in that limp puppet way because he lacks the gumption and also internal organs so really this could go either way.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This right here is a direction I didn't expect that to go. I'm...not sure what to think. :stare:

At the same time, I really shouldn't be surprised. Still am.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

WHAT

WHAT. You're supposed to kill Jack nooooooo

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Well, I didn't see that coming. This is a bad habit that Jack Noir(s) keep falling into, innit?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Oh dammit Hussie.

Translation of Serenity's next message: "THIS IS STUPID!!!"

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
I guess what's basically your enemy with your exact powers really would make a great kismesis. What relationship is PMbec showing, though?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So "sloppy makeouts over WV's body" was the correct answer?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Jack Noir: looking for love in all the wrong places, across all times and spaces.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
God damnit, you stab that dog right this instant!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Oh hey I remember when pretty much this exact joke happened with Gamzee and Karkat.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cyrai posted:

I guess what's basically your enemy with your exact powers really would make a great kismesis. What relationship is PMbec showing, though?

PM is Kismesis, Jack is Matesprit.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

KoB posted:

Hussie is really playing up the whole yin-yang angle with those two.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Remember folks, to understand Homestuck romance there's just one simple word you need to keep in mind.

SadoMasoPedoRoboNecroBestiality

It's Robosmooch 2.0 time. :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Seoinin posted:

Oh hey I remember when pretty much this exact joke happened with Gamzee and Karkat.

I am not sure if you've noticed but there is sort of a lot of repetition in Homestuck. It's kind of a theme.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Chiming in to agree with the general :stare: reaction to these shenanigans. That's...that's really all there is to it.

Seriously, what the heck, Hussie?

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

KoB posted:

Right right, <3< is a spade. Troll romance emoticons still confuse me.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Well gently caress my theory.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

PM wants to hatesnog, Jack wants to just regular snog. Apparently. I guess PM has the upper hand because hate usually can lead to murder moreso than love???? Uh

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Guys this is a visual callback to Vriska's response to Kanaya gettin' assertive.

Know what that was? A completely meaningless throwaway gag. This is prrrrobably in the same category.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

snucks posted:

HUGE SPOILERS:
jack falls in love with PM. sloppy makeouts over WV's dying body.
haha who loving called it

(i did)

Empyreal
Jan 29, 2008

This is a good thread. I like this thread. Let's all be friends.
I guess I was the only person who looked at this and didn't assume that it meant PM suddenly desired a kismesissitude with Jack. My guess is that this scene is just following the theme of repetition and dichotomy, and will break convention via her stabbing him anyways (probably with some reference to her "showing him her stabs"). I mean he just violently murdered all of her friends, and she seems like a rather driven sort of person. I might be wrong, but unless the ring changes the wearer's personality, it just doesn't quite make sense to me if the situation proceeds as everyone is assuming. Plus, Hussie doesn't like being predictable, and this is a pretty big lead up to whatever's about to happen.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, Spades Slick still murdered Snowman, I'm pretty sure this is just narrative shorthand for "PM has never hated anything or anyone as much as she hates Bec Noir right this moment". She's still going to gut him.

Of course, her trying to murder him is probably one of Bec Noir's turn-ons, so this isn't going to get any easier for him.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

As long as Jack can suppress his hatred for things things like mail and its agents of delivery, this can only mean good things for the chess dog people.

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

That could probably make a bitching avatar.

Here's a kind of lovely version if anyone wants it.

This update doesn't seem all that unprecedented. We know Jack has the hots for dangerous women, and it already seems like kismesisitude is one step away from murderous hatred. All we need now is for WV to wake up, and he and Serenity can complete the quadrants!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Empyreal posted:

I guess I was the only person who looked at this and didn't assume that it meant PM suddenly desired a kismesissitude with Jack. My guess is that this scene is just following the theme of repetition and dichotomy, and will break convention via her stabbing him anyways (probably with some reference to her "showing him her stabs"). I mean he just violently murdered all of her friends, and she seems like a rather driven sort of person. I might be wrong, but unless the ring changes the wearer's personality, it just doesn't quite make sense to me if the situation proceeds as everyone is assuming. Plus, Hussie doesn't like being predictable, and this is a pretty big lead up to whatever's about to happen.

Ring DOES change personality somewhat. Being prototyped with Bec made Jack have incredibly loyal feelings towards Jade, despite his own will. He couldn't bring himself to damage anything associated with her (space symbol tapestry), and flipped the gently caress out when she was killed.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Empyreal posted:

Plus, Hussie doesn't like being predictable, and this is a pretty big lead up to whatever's about to happen.
Bec Noir and Bec PM will merge or have a kid, and the result of either will be UU.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dolash posted:

Oh god, the buildup. Are we going to see them throw down, or are we about to cut away?

Are you still hoping they throw down after this update? :)

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

Bec Noir and Bec PM will merge or have a kid, and the result of either will be UU.

What if PM is UU? Maybe after she kicks Jacks' rear end up and down paradox space, she stops being a postwoman and starts being the new earths First Guardian?

I'll take incredibly unlikely bullshit for 500 please, Alex.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jack is smitten to find somebody like him, PM wants to eviscerate him. How is this hard?

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
Truly, Mr. Noir has found his perfect match, both power-wise, and strange pseudo-first guardian prototyped bullshit-wise.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

KoB posted:

Goddamnit, I got it backwards. Troll romance sure is weird :downsrim:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Do people seriously not get troll romance by now? Really? We've been through it back to back to back to back, it's not that hard.

Or it's just me since I like to read through some of the forum adventures when I'm bored and they're loving infatuated with it v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
I got the names and symbols mixed up. I'm sorry!~