Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Wrist Watch posted:

Do people seriously not get troll romance by now? Really? We've been through it back to back to back to back, it's not that hard.

Or it's just me since I like to read through some of the forum adventures when I'm bored and they're loving infatuated with it v:v:v

I imagine most of them don't get it because the concept (especially when applied to 13 year olds) makes their eyes glaze over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Keep in mind that Bec Noir and PM come from a universe with a plain old binary love/hate system. What could lead to hatesnogs in the troll's universe would probably just lead to stabs in this one.

Unless the incipisphere has its own customs and social etiquitte kept consistent between every session? I don't think they ever did answer that yet.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Keep in mind that Bec Noir and PM come from a universe with a plain old binary love/hate system. What could lead to hatesnogs in the troll's universe would probably just lead to stabs in this one.

Unless the incipisphere has its own customs and social etiquitte kept consistent between every session? I don't think they ever did answer that yet.

If I understand correctly, SBURB itself is consistent between sessions (with number of worlds and their typing being based on the players). The troll universe, interestingly, was shaped specifically so the trolls would be exceptional at the game, and in a sense they were. They were just bad at the other part. It's entirely possible that, in building them toward playing SGRUB, Scratch also made them develop SGRUB's relationship system for themselves.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A better understanding of the inner workings of their society might well explain how they were better able to cut deals and scheme with Jack and the Queen and such.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It's not official, but it's strongly implied on this page: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004295

Ketzal
Feb 19, 2011

President of Hell
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember if it was Andrew or someone else who first said this, but troll romance is pretty much the same goddamn thing as human romance. We just don't have special names for them. You don't have to watch many romantic comedies to find a couple that hates each other but is still soperfectforoneanothersqueeee. Same with best friends. There are probably people who do the same thing as auspistices too. I completely understand how people would be confused by them, but a carapace person's hatelove shouldn't really come as a surprise.

vvv I get that. :( Sometimes I think people in this thread tend to overthink things and question stuff that really shouldn't be shocking.

Ketzal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 13, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ketzal posted:

I can't remember if it was Andrew or someone else who first said this, but troll romance is pretty much the same goddamn thing as human romance. We just don't have special names for them. You don't have to watch many romantic comedies to find a couple that hates each other but is still soperfectforoneanothersqueeee. Same with best friends. There are probably people who do the same thing as auspistices too. I completely understand how people would be confused by them, but a carapace person's hatelove shouldn't really come as a surprise.

That's the joke :ssh:
The whole troll romance bit was parodying shippers and the like and their ridiculous need to have everything organized. Not surprisingly they all ate it up (most of them don't realize that Nepeta is a parody of themselves either).

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

I guess the difference is that Kismesissitude is crucial for troll reproduction, whereas for humans, it's unnecessary to also gently caress your greatest lifelong enemy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's spades for Spades.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Bad dog! You're not supposed to kiss her!

Actually I wonder if he'll still try to fight her. Then again I think that's the only way she'd really stand a chance - Spades is more of a fighter than PM.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Reene posted:

Bad dog! You're not supposed to kiss her!

Actually I wonder if he'll still try to fight her. Then again I think that's the only way she'd really stand a chance - Spades is more of a fighter than PM.

She decapitated Hegemonic Brute.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

King of Solomon posted:

She decapitated Hegemonic Brute.

He's the archagent. The only positions above him are queen and king, and they've got rings (normally).

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Zoolooman posted:

He's the archagent. The only positions above him are queen and king, and they've got rings (normally).

This is true, but I mentioned that as evidence that no, she probably is just as much of a fighter. Remember, Archagent Jack Noir's job is to push papers.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Zoolooman posted:

And who's the queen now? PM. She made it to the end of the board and changed from a pawn to a queen.

A queen is stronger than a jack.

Ergo, PM has the advantage, Q.E.D.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eiba posted:

And who's the queen now? PM. She made it to the end of the board and changed from a pawn to a queen.

A queen is stronger than a jack.

Ergo, PM has the advantage, Q.E.D.
Jack has a 2-nothing streak on beating queens though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh, hey, it's a new SBAHJ co-OH GOD

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Color Printer posted:

Sweet Bro OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Color Printer posted:

What. :stare:

I'm seriously making the Aradia face here.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I guess this means Hella Jeff will be in the dream bubbles now!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Davesprite's isolation is getting to him, clearly.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Predictions post: Jake will say "whirlybird".

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
Hella Jeff is just getting Sweet Bro back for shooting him

ARE YOU NEXT??

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Blood and Rage hoodies are up.

Blood is basically impossible to wear if you consider yourself a person with dignity. Rage is kinda cool.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Oh hey the last God Tiers have been released.

Rage looks pretty cool! Blood is...

e: f;b god drat you

ex2: But yeah I'm pretty disappointed with blood, too. Oh well. Rage is pretty nice though. Wasn't expecting purple, how regal.

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 13, 2011

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
How disappointing. :smith:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

As well as spiro sprite and Cancer necklaces.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Is it bad that I'm sort of expecting a callback to Spades and Snowman kissing?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ha ha! Karkat gets the emo symbol. :v:

Also, with Rage, just what the hell am I looking at?

Spellman posted:

As well as spiro sprite and Cancer necklaces.
that keyring is pretty rad. I've often wondered why they don't bother with more spiro-merch.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 13, 2011

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Rage reminds me a little of the Churlish Toff. There's something very "upper class brutishness" about it, which works for Sober Gamzee.

Blood is kind of a let-down after Andrew's talk of creating a consistent design lexicon, because it's very stark and linear and doesn't have much to do with the other designs. But maybe that fits Karkat's odd-one-out nature?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

At least it didn't end up being the Hero of Seattle's Best Tar Grist like some people were banking on.

e: parting is hella sweet sorrow.

Spellman fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 13, 2011

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rage is awesome. I totally thought it was going to be something involving the color red.

I thought blood was just going to be a blood drop... I'll save that one for a later picture. Still not as bad as Doom though.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spellman posted:

e: parting is hella sweet sorrow.

SEE YOU FAT NASTY TRASH...

Poetry.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Blood is probably the worst of the lot, but Rage makes up for it.

What is it? Doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's pretty loving rad.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

I like the Rage hoodie and all, but it sort of reminds me of a juggalo. I might just be associating it with Gamzee too much, though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I get that the hoodies and shirts supposedly represent the colors of the outfit and hood, respectively. But a couple of them, Doom and Blood I guess, seem really far removed from the color you see with the icon on the hoodie/t-shirt selection page. I can't see Blood as anything other than black, but according to that page it's more of a really dark red. Doom too I thought was a super dark grey according to the hoodie/shirt pages, but the other page makes it look more like a dark green. *shrug*

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to see all of the canon god tier outfits shown in-comic!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
e/ ^^ That absolves it somewhat in my opinion. No way I was going to remember that scene without a re-read though.

Paul.Power posted:

Rage reminds me a little of the Churlish Toff. There's something very "upper class brutishness" about it, which works for Sober Gamzee.

It totally does look like Churlish Toff, and I'd go read Problem Sleuth again if I hadn't just finished doing that over the Cascade hiatus. But man, the gentlemen were so rad.

Nate RFB posted:

I get that the hoodies and shirts supposedly represent the colors of the outfit and hood, respectively. But a couple of them, Doom and Blood I guess, seem really far removed from the color you see with the icon on the hoodie/t-shirt selection page. I can't see Blood as anything other than black, but according to that page it's more of a really dark red. Doom too I thought was a super dark grey according to the hoodie/shirt pages, but the other page makes it look more like a dark green. *shrug*

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to see all of the canon god tier outfits shown in-comic!

Blood is brown (admittedly exceptionally dark brown, but still noticeable as brown), Doom is dark green. Like, on both the icons and the hoodies/shirts. Is it possible that you have monitor problems?

But yeah, seeing the designs in the comic itself would be pretty great, just to see what motifs Andrew would pull out of the titles if nothing else.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 13, 2011

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I like the new designs. :colbert: Doom and Hope are my favourites, even though I'd hoped Doom was purple (not really a fan of green in general and purple doesn't scream "rage" to me, but ah well).

Also I'm pretty surprised no one has mentioned that the PM/Noir thing is a callback to this. Or maybe they did and I missed it! Either way I think people were overanalysing it, PM just really hates Noir -- much like Vriska found Kanaya kickin' rear end and takin' names making her flushed, but it didn't really lead to anything.

Idunn fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 13, 2011

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Blowing up the shirt/hoodie image definitely helps, before Doom definitely did not look green to me at all until I made the picture bigger. Blood's icon still looks really dark red to me but I guess I can kind of see it as brown too (the shirts/hoodies are very obviously brown after enlarging the image).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Ketzal posted:

vvv I get that. :( Sometimes I think people in this thread tend to overthink things and question stuff that really shouldn't be shocking.

The funny thing about this is how anytime you bring it up, the sort of fans who frequent the forums will get angry because moirails are totally different from best friends, you don't understand, let me show you my John/Vriska fanfiction that proves it by showing how moirails actually work!!! Then you'll see. You'll see ...

It's a little bit funny and a little bit embarrassing to watch the joke go over so many people's heads, but then, it's not like I expected differently.

Also, the Rage symbol definitely looks like a clown face to me, I can't see it as anything else.