Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Endless Mike posted:

That's hilariously overpriced. I'm going to ask $3000 for mine in the spring, and *that's* overpriced.

I think I saw someone on our local craigslist asking 3000 for a '99 with 98,000 miles. People are loving crazy.

Edit - With more linkage..

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/mcy/2709621802.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

MotoMind posted:

Sorry, the Pacific Coast is a perfect bike in so many ways.

I think it's the inspiration for this goofy looking Victory:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JP Money posted:

I think I saw someone on our local craigslist asking 3000 for a '99 with 98,000 miles. People are loving crazy.

Edit - With more linkage..

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/mcy/2709621802.html
Mine has around 26000 and I'm hoping to actually get closer to $2500, but I figure I should start high hoping I can snag someone who doesn't know better.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

...you're loving kidding me right? you want $1500 MORE THAN A BRAND NEW 2012 250r for your 2 year old bike that's been laid down?

how the gently caress do you owe that much more than the MSRP of the bike?

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Endless Mike posted:

Mine has around 26000 and I'm hoping to actually get closer to $2500, but I figure I should start high hoping I can snag someone who doesn't know better.

Lets talk in the spring. I like VFRs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Korwen posted:

Lets talk in the spring. I like VFRs.
I'd be willing to sell it now except that I need to get it running. (The clutch needs to be bled, but it starts no problem.)

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Endless Mike posted:

I'd be willing to sell it now except that I need to get it running. (The clutch needs to be bled, but it starts no problem.)

I couldn't afford it right now with the Holidays going on, it'd be Spring or so until I could consider getting a different bike

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Endless Mike posted:

Somehow I want to remember that you're in the Seattle area? If so, let's bust open a 6-pack and get that clutch bled.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
I saw this the other day

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I don't know if Craigslist is the place to be advertising a $75k bike.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
R7s aren't worth anywhere near 75k

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

Somehow I want to remember that you're in the Seattle area? If so, let's bust open a 6-pack and get that clutch bled.
DC area or I'd take you up on it! My big problem is really that I don't have a garage so I have to do it outside, and it's gotten cold enough for my Floridian rear end to not want to be there any more than I have to.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

An observer posted:

I saw this the other day

Wouldn't draining the oil be bad for the motor?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Wouldn't draining the oil be bad for the motor?

If it's sitting for any length of time it's just the same as having it in there. It will all seep into the pan eventually, no use in having a puddle of oil at the bottom.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
The oil is drained but he flushes the gas tank with fresh gas every month? What?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He says he tops the tank off every month. Where is that fuel going exactly?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
mischievous bike gremlins

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Endless Mike posted:

DC area or I'd take you up on it! My big problem is really that I don't have a garage so I have to do it outside, and it's gotten cold enough for my Floridian rear end to not want to be there any more than I have to.

Sup??? NOVA goon here. Wanna borrow my garage? I just bought a propane heater too.

I'll give you a hand with that clutch if you want. It'd be better for me after the holidays. I've got 3 bike projects; 2 need to be done by new years.
PM me if you want.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Sup??? NOVA goon here. Wanna borrow my garage? I just bought a propane heater too.

I'll give you a hand with that clutch if you want. It'd be better for me after the holidays. I've got 3 bike projects; 2 need to be done by new years.
PM me if you want.
I'd love to, but I can't actually get it there as I don't have a car, much less a trailer, and it's not rideable as is (letting off the lever even a slight bit is enough for the clutch to engage, at which point is stalls out).

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Endless Mike posted:

I'd love to, but I can't actually get it there as I don't have a car, much less a trailer, and it's not rideable as is (letting off the lever even a slight bit is enough for the clutch to engage, at which point is stalls out).

Well... I've got a truck.
Where are you located? I'll transport if you cover the gas.

also:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/2752058177.html
I really wish I didn't just buy christmas presents for everyone :-/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm in Arlington. It's actually not that big a deal, since my DRZ is fine, and I'm not going to sell the VFR until Spring at this point, anyway.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Endless Mike posted:

I'm in Arlington. It's actually not that big a deal, since my DRZ is fine, and I'm not going to sell the VFR until Spring at this point, anyway.

Oh poo poo, that's not far at all. I'm actually up your way fairly often.
My GF lives in Alexandria and my friends just moves out from Ballston metro closer to East Falls Church stop.

Like I said, I'm busy till after the holidays but if you're hurtin for a place to store it, or just to fix it before the weather changes let me know.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
whatever loving goons are in LasVegas area, pool your money and buy this:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/2760976924.html

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

An observer posted:

I saw this the other day

Some should also remind him the bike's "12 YEARS OLD NOT 120 YEARS OLD". You'd have to be extremely lucky to even get MSRP out of it.

Found this looking through the barter section. I have no clue why anyone would spend $70,000 on this poo poo when much better looking bikes are usually in the $20,000 range. Way to pay for a name, bro.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Milwaukee and Chicago craigslist ads are positively littered with those bikes.

PAID 100K NEW ILL LET YOU STEAL IT FOR 80K!!!

*also the two man operation that made it doesn't exist anymore, all the parts were hand made in the shack those two guys worked in, and harley wont support the motor because its modified*

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

This is an excellent deal: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/2775633040.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Am I a bad person for wanting this?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-1965-Honda-300-Dream-REDUCED-AGAIN-W0QQAdIdZ334987645
(note how it is under the "touring" category)
Honda Dream

quote:

I bought this project several years ago and just have not gotten there.
For the year it is in remarkable condition and it is 99% there. Lights work and engine is free with good compression. Everything looks good but there is no spark. I have new tires and plugs and points that go with it. Miles not KM.
Great project for the winter and you will probably have the only one at the show and shine next year! $3000.00 OBO Price Reduced from 3500.00.
Lets make a deal!!!! INTERESTED? Call Me!
The end of January it comes down and will be sold as a runner in the spring.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Can someone tell me about the GPZ900? There's someone selling one in my area for $1100. It looks like a fun project anyway. Here's the ad:

quote:

1984 Kawasaki GPZ 900, new tires, chain, sprockets, brakes, rebuilt alternator, I bought the bike 2 years ago. Been setting in the garage ever since i got it. It ran then, it should now (Bring a hot battery if you intend to start it). The tank is rusty inside and needs lined. If i can get my money back i would sell it, if i can't, it can set ! $1150.00 cash or trade

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Big, heavy and fast. And drat cool if you fix it right up. Buy it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

slidebite posted:

No, I want one too.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Nice CA street-legal two-stroke for sale: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2784925244.html

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter
http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2689551682.html

"2003 kawasaki Ninja. custom incredible hulk - $9000 (Columbus)"

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Early '80s Kawasakis very much emphasized the engine over the suspension and brakes, so keep that in mind.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
1980 Honda CX500 Custom for $450, needs a back tire. If had extra space I'd grab this just to loan out to other people to get them excited about bikes.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2790744583.html

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

PlasticSun posted:

1980 Honda CX500 Custom for $450
'80s bike .jpg

That is a good deal though. That thing could probably be parted out for 3x that, if not more.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
One of my friends just sold his naked CX500 custom for $900 in the middle of down season, $100 more than he bought it for in the middle of the summer. Pretty incredible.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Snowdens Secret posted:

Early '80s Kawasakis very much emphasized the engine over the suspension and brakes, so keep that in mind.

Remove early and 80s and this is an accurate statement.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

slidebite posted:

if so, you're not alone.

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN MILES.

Recently, there was another, freshly rebuilt one in culpepper that I couldn't afford :(

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 9, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Not really used, but 3-year-old (MY, anyway) leftovers for 1/2 MSRP

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/2775549319.html

If it weren't so similar in usability to my scooter I'd be all over one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

The CRF230M is awful. 80s dual sport technology with new styling.